Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Expanding Earth is for sure

The Expanding Earth is for sure 07 May 2016 09:47 #201

• rodin
  • Spam Killer
  • BELIEF IS THE ENEMY OF TRUTH
Gaia wrote:
rodin wrote:
Is anyone still prepared to debate the Expanded Earth theory idea or have you all thrown in the towel?

A "theory" is tested by observations. The Expanded Earth idea leaves out everything else that doesn't fit the idea. That is not science.

1 - What are subduction zones if there's no subduction?

Who says there is NO subduction? A shrinking Earth would REQUIRE subduction
2 - If there are no smaller plates than the big ones, how are the Alps, Pyrenees, Carpathians, Zagros, Himalayas formed?

Change the Earth's radius and stress will be placed on the broken fragments which were formed at a tighter radius. Of course under my theory the stress will be applied during expansion AND contraction

3 - If the Earth's radius has grown with 50% since the Permian (300 Ma), where is all that extra mass coming from? - a spherical Earth with r=3200 km has a volume of 1.37 * 1011 km3 - a spherical Earth with r=6400 km has a present day volume of 1.10 * 1012 km3 = double the radius and the volume is 8 times (!) bigger

300 MYA Earth was c.a. 150% today's diameter with c.a. 50% today's gravity, not smaller. No extra mass was required. What happened was a phase change as matter (either neutrons or free protons and electrons dissolved in iron) changed from nuclear to atomic forming Hydrogen

Peter Woodhead understands the problem but not the solution

HIS solution flies in the face of Newton's Shell Theorem = any symmetrical spherical mass distribution acts as though it were a point source, just as anywhere inside such a shell gravity would net to zero
To understand who rules over you look to whom you tube can't criticise

The media isn't there to cover the news
It's there to cover the news up

All establishment lies pass through three stages
First, they are accepted as being self evident
Second, they are exposed by diligent research
Third, they are enforced

"Communism is the bloodiest, most difficult and the most terrible way from capitalism to capitalism" from Under the Sign of the Scorpion by Juri Lina
Last Edit: 07 May 2016 10:10 by rodin.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Expanding Earth is for sure 07 May 2016 13:36 #202

• rodin
  • Spam Killer
The Complete Neal Adams Parts 1 - 8

3D Modelling is excellent, his explanation for expansion I do not agree with obviously....

Third, they are enforced

"Communism is the bloodiest, most difficult and the most terrible way from capitalism to capitalism" from Under the Sign of the Scorpion by Juri Lina

The Expanding Earth is for sure 07 May 2016 22:54 #203

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
Yeah, it's pretty strange you start and name a topic "The Expanding Earth is for sure" and then make a 180 degree turn in your "model"; stating the exact opposite of what you claim in the OP.
rodin wrote:
Who says there is NO subduction? A shrinking Earth would REQUIRE subduction

Then what is sea-floor spreading? In the present model both are the drivers for plate tectonics. If there's no plate tectonics, a "shrinking Earth" and subduction, then what are mid-oceanic ridges? Crust is created there and "destroyed" at subduction zones. How does that work with a shrinking Earth?
2 - If there are no smaller plates than the big ones, how are the Alps, Pyrenees, Carpathians, Zagros, Himalayas formed?

Change the Earth's radius and stress will be placed on the broken fragments which were formed at a tighter radius.[/quote]

If things were formed "at a tighter [smaller I'd say] radius" then you are defending an expanding Earth, not a shrinking one.
Of course under my theory the stress will be applied during expansion AND contraction

Then all the (paleo)stress measurements should show that and show that unanimously. Structural geology is more of my terrain, so I am curious to see how you explain that.

YouTube is consuming too much data for me to watch now. Maybe next week.
3 - 300 MYA Earth was c.a. 150% today's diameter with c.a. 50% today's gravity, not smaller.

Yes, you defend an impossible combination.
A - you say that gravity was lower (let's stick to that 50% for ease) - dinos
B - you say the radius was 50% bigger (so not 100% now)

A bigger, heavier planet has higher gravity, not lower. That doesn't fit.
No extra mass was required. What happened was a phase change as matter (either neutrons or free protons and electrons dissolved in iron) changed from nuclear to atomic forming Hydrogen

This is Chinese to me, sorry.

"Neutrons dissolved in iron"? You should write a paper on that, it should bring you the Nobel Prize...
Peter Woodhead understands the problem but not the solution

HIS solution flies in the face of Newton's Shell Theorem = any symmetrical spherical mass distribution acts as though it were a point source, just as anywhere inside such a shell gravity would net to zero
Like I said, I cannot watch YouTube now, my data package doesn't allow it. Never heard of that theorem.

Same for that Neal Adams, I'd like to watch the vids, maybe next week (new month). :thumbup:
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)

The Expanding Earth is for sure 08 May 2016 02:15 #204

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
rodin wrote:
The Complete Neal Adams Parts 1 - 8

3D Modelling is excellent, his explanation for expansion I do not agree with obviously....

Watched the first video. What a bunch of crap. :larf: :larf:

1 - he defends an expanding Earth idea, while you advocate the exact opposite. How can he be your "hero"???
2 - This Neal McAdams layman obviously hasn't done any geological fieldwork, he just takes some maps and fits them together, case "solved"
3 - I've done 3D modeling WAY better than what this clown comes up with
4 - Do you know why the Jurassic is called that? No, not because of the Crichton novel or the Spielberg film. it's because of the Jura mountains on the border of France and Switzerland. Marine limestones. Now, how do we get marine limestones on this stupic "Expanding Earth, for Sure, dixit rodin" Idea? Right, impossible.

Presenting someone who claims the exact opposite is happening from what you idealize is like a toxicologist claiming that arsenic will be good for your body presenting videos of dying arsenic victims. :roll:

The Trolling doesn't stop, I see... :facepalm:
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)

The Expanding Earth is for sure 08 May 2016 06:41 #205

• rodin
  • Spam Killer
Dear boy, after all this time you STILL don't get it.

I agree with those that say the Earth has expanded. I say that the Earth in fact expanded BEYOND today's diameter, and has subsequently fallen back somewhat.

I say the driver is the ionised hydrogen which can be MUCH more dense than atomic hydrogen, being present at the Earth's core, then later being released (once the Earth's core temp falls below a certain threshold due to black body radiation).

With me so far? We can disagree about the hydrogen driver feasibility if you like, (and you will) but at least give me credit for coming up with a workable MODEL for expansion. Under this model, expansion ALWAYS produces decreased surface gravity by the inverse square law.

Helium cannot be ionised down to a free proton and electron therefore cannot become superdense therefore DID NOT CONDENSE WITH EARTH. It remains in space, 25%. Hydrogen DID condense, I mean look around you it is everywhere, albeit now in larger molecules. Earth, as it formed if it followed universal % abundance of elements would be 98-99% hydrogen and 1-2% everything else.

Now much of that hydrogen at the core has been released. Perhaps all. It is still permeating upwards though, because we see it in reactive compounds coming out of hydrothermal vents.Earlier, pure hydrogen would be coming out of these vents, when the flow was just too strong to find enough chemicals to react with, and the hydrogen would vanish into space.

We still have pressure being released, we are still losing hydrogen to space, but now the maximum flow is long since passed, when Earth simply inflated because of it.

Hence the present Earth is a bit lighter than the original, because of the hydrogen it has lost.

This model maps onto ALL anomalies, dinosaurs, day lengths, abiogenic oil, LIFE emerging (which is based mostly on hydrogen)...

Third, they are enforced

The Expanding Earth is for sure 08 May 2016 10:02 #206

• rodin
  • Spam Killer
Hydrogen Geysers: Explanation for Observed Evidence of Geologically Recent Volatile-Related Activity on Mercury’s Surface
Here I describe a basis of planetary formation, not considered by the authors and unlike their
cited models, and show that primordial condensation from an atmosphere of solar composition at
pressures of one atmosphere or above leads to the incorporation of copious amounts of hydrogen
in Mercury’s core, much of which is released as the core solidifies. The release of hydrogen
escaping at the surface, I posit, is responsible for the formation of said “unusual landform on
Mercury”, sometimes referred to as pits, and for the formation of the associated “highreflectance
material”, bright spots, which I suggest is iron metal reduced from an iron compound,
probably iron sulfide, by the escaping hydrogen.
.....the calculations are intended to illustrate within a broad range of conditions that planetary
condensation at H2-pressures of one atmosphere or above can lead to copious amounts of
hydrogen incorporated in Mercury’s core, which as it subsequently solidifies, will be released.
The release of dissolved hydrogen during Mercury’s core solidification is, by Figure 3, certainly
sufficient in amount to account for the “unusual landform” on Mercury’s surface and is possibly
involved in the exhalation of iron sulfide, which is abundant on the planet’s surface, and some of
which may have been reduced to iron metal

arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1110/1110.5796.pdf

Mercury being smaller would be expected to exhale hydrogen before Earth, except that Mercury is closer to the sun hence will coll down from formation temperature more slowly....

This hydrogen core expulsion theory has support I see...

Occurrence in the Earth’s core[edit]
Very little is known about the composition of Earth’s inner core. The only parameters that are known with confidence are the speed of the pressure and shear sound waves (the existence of the latter implying that it is a solid). The pressure at the boundary between the inner core and the liquid outer core is estimated at 330 GPa,[12] still somewhat beyond the range of laboratory experiments. The density of the outer and inner cores can only be estimated by indirect means. The inner core was at first thought to be 10% less dense than pure iron at the predicted conditions,[1][8] but this presumed “density deficit” has later been revised downwards: 2 to 5% by some estimates[12] or 1 to 2% by others.[9]

The density deficit is thought to be due to mixture of lighter elements such as silicon or carbon.[1] Hydrogen has been thought unlikely because of its volatility, but recent studies have uncovered plausible mechanisms for its incorporation and permanence in the core. It is estimated that hcp FeH would be stable under those conditions.[12] Iron–hydrogen alloys could have been formed in a reaction of iron with water in magma during the formation of the earth. Above 5 GPa, iron will split water yielding the hydride and ferrous ions:[9]

3Fe + H
2O → 2FeH + FeO
Indeed, Okuchi obtained magnetite and iron hydride by reacting magnesium silicate, magnesium oxide, silica and water with metallic iron in a diamond cell at 2000 C.[8][14] Okuchi argues that most of the hydrogen accreted to Earth should have dissolved into the primeval magma ocean; and if the pressure at the bottom of the magma was 7.5 GPa or more, then almost all of that hydrogen would have reacted with iron to form the hydride, which then would have sunk to the core where it would be stabilized by the increased pressure.[8] Moreover, it appears that at those pressures iron binds hydrogen in preference to carbon.[9]

Based on density and sound velocity measurements at room temperature and up to 70 GPa, extrapolated to core conditions, Shibazaki and others claim that the presence of 0.23 ± 0.06% hydrogen in weight (that is, a mean atomic composition of FeH0.13 ± 0.03) would explain a 2–5% density deficit.[12] and match the observed speed of pressure and shear sound waves in the solid inner core.[12] A different study predicts 0.08–0.16% (weight) hydrogen in the inner core,[9] while others proposed from 50% to 95% FeH (by mole count) If the core has this much hydrogen it would amount to ten times as much as in the oceans.[14]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron%E2%80%93hydrogen_alloy

Third, they are enforced

Last Edit: 08 May 2016 10:11 by rodin.