Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hurrah for wind and Rain

Hurrah for wind and Rain 27 Mar 2016 19:39 #1

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
This will be a short lived thread but I just have to say I love hearing rain beating on my windows (and when ised to go hiking on my tent) and I also love the wind (when indoors) This is my March hare madness let loose.

Does anyone else like extreme weather or are you all slave to the Sun and warm weather culture?

Truth is anti-semitic
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Hurrah for wind and Rain 27 Mar 2016 19:47 #2

• Mr. Plug
  • Fresh Member
Having rain beating on your windows is certainly much better than crazed lunatics.

On a more serious note, I was out today in the wind and rain. The worst that happens is you get wet.

Hurrah for wind and Rain 29 Mar 2016 14:26 #3

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
I forgot to Sieg Hail

massive hailstorm going on in southern Scotland - havent had one for a few years. Hope we get some thunder too.

Truth is anti-semitic

Hurrah for wind and Rain 29 Mar 2016 14:32 #4

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
Voltaire wrote:
I forgot to Sieg Hail

:larf: :larf:

Ontopic: I am definitely (some would say "definately"...) a warm weather person. But I love a good thunderstorm too.
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)

Hurrah for wind and Rain 29 Mar 2016 14:38 #5

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
I detest warm weather (especially if coupled with high humidity - conditions which I grew up up in in the NE USA)

Truth is anti-semitic

Hurrah for wind and Rain 29 Mar 2016 14:44 #6

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
Voltaire wrote:
I detest warm weather (especially if coupled with high humidity - conditions which I grew up up in in the NE USA)

You're right, I forgot to include "dry".

Strange is also cold humid weather. Due to the cold Humboldt current and the hot desert environment on the mainland, Lima, Peru has a very strange winter climate. It never rains but the air is cold and extremely humid which makes the cold even stickier (just like heat).

I imagine San Francisco has such weather too, never been there unfortunately.
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)

Hurrah for wind and Rain 29 Mar 2016 14:52 #7

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
Have only been to SF in summer - it could be clear skies in Berkley - very hot and dry and SF would be covered in Fog. I like Fog too.

Truth is anti-semitic

Hurrah for wind and Rain 29 Mar 2016 21:35 #8

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Voltaire wrote:
This will be a short lived thread but I just have to say I love hearing rain beating on my windows (and when ised to go hiking on my tent) and I also love the wind (when indoors) This is my March hare madness let loose.

Does anyone else like extreme weather or are you all slave to the Sun and warm weather culture?

I love anything that gives me an excuse to lay around in my pajamas and be lazy. Wind and rain really do it for me.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu