Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What Lies Upstream.

What Lies Upstream. 11 Aug 2018 02:31 #1

• steamroller
  • Banned
The title of this thread is the title of a documentary that everybody needs to watch. There were many troubling things in it. I will mention a few. First, apparently chemical companies are allowed to keep the chemical structure of some chemicals as a sort of trade secret. Which makes doing tests to detect them nearly impossible. In the documentary they spoke of one particular chemical that gave water a bit of a licorice smell even at small amounts. Which is how people knew it was there. Tests were done by the company that created it to test for its toxicity. As it turns out, it was twice as toxic as the company reported. Which is something that no doubt some other chemical companies had done with other chemicals.

But here is what I found most troubling. Apparently, chemical companies have a unique way of getting rid of toxic chemicals. Basically, they just flush it down the toilet! They can't dump it into rivers because of the clean water act. (Which is no doubt one of the many things Trump wants to "deregulate") But stuff that goes through a sewage treatment plant ends up in soil. And there is no such thing as a clean soil act.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare