Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Us and Them Mentality - Sanctum Zone and Truth Zone

Us and Them Mentality - Sanctum Zone and Truth Zone 04 Jun 2013 11:31 #1

• Black Cloud
Why have certain members of Sanctum Zone, one in particular, split forum personalities into two groups - us and them, Sanctum Zone and Truth Zone ffs thats school yard mentality.

Thats kindergaten shit, ain't it :coffee: The members who post here :coffee:
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Us and Them Mentality - Sanctum Zone and Truth Zone 04 Jun 2013 22:22 #2

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Way it goes innit mate :zorro:

:suicide:
The pen is mightier than the sword
User(s) who Liked this post: Black Cloud, cantata

Us and Them Mentality - Sanctum Zone and Truth Zone 06 Jun 2013 17:11 #3

• Straight Shooter
It was such a huge mistake to split these small forums, there is never more than 5 people on TZ or 10 people on SZ at a time,

Even black cloud gave up and went right back over to Sanctum Zone as Dunkle Wolke after making this thread

I tried to give this place some threads but it's so disappointing it makes me not want to post anymore.

Instead of having one nice size free speech forum with all different types of personalities there is now two small forums.

Everyone might as well go back to David Icke forum where there POV can get some views.

If people (truthers) can't get along what's even the point?

Us and Them Mentality - Sanctum Zone and Truth Zone 06 Jun 2013 17:19 #4

• username
.......... wrote:
It was such a huge mistake to split these small forums, there is never more than 5 people on TZ or 10 people on SZ at a time,

Even black cloud gave up and went right back over to Sanctum Zone as Dunkle Wolke after making this thread

I tried to give this place some threads but it's so disappointing it makes me not want to post anymore.

Instead of having one nice size free speech forum with all different types of personalities there is now two small forums.

Everyone might as well go back to David Icke forum where there POV can get some views.

This might be where you need to persevere a bit mate and not be so dissapointed with your lack of enjoyment ;)

Keep making the threads, people will come, it will increase search engine traffic. I didn't come from DIF or Sanctum Zone and I'm here.

I think this place will be alright as i joined because the atmosphere, i'd seen what it was like other places. People can disagree here but it doesn't descend in to foolishness from what I've seen

edit: regarding people online, i personally only tend to be logged on somewhere if I need to be logged ie wanting to post. force of habit
Last Edit: 06 Jun 2013 17:24 by username.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, pheony, cantata, PFIZIPFEI, Rural_Oral, I AM ALL I AM

Us and Them Mentality - Sanctum Zone and Truth Zone 06 Jun 2013 17:26 #5

• Straight Shooter
username wrote:

This might be where you need to persevere a bit mate and not be so dissapointed with your lack of enjoyment ;)

Keep making the threads, people will come, it will increase search engine traffic. I didn't come from DIF or Sanctum Zone and I'm here.

I think this place will be alright as i joined because the atmosphere, i'd seen what it was like other places. People can disagree here but it doesn't descend in to foolishness from what I've seen

Yea this place is cool and the people here are great.

I'm just disappointed that the people at Sanctum Zone couldn't get along and alot of people left because of a mod.

None of that is DG or Novum's fault and they started Truth Zone because they respect free speech.

Us and Them Mentality - Sanctum Zone and Truth Zone 06 Jun 2013 18:06 #6

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
I know its slow here at times, and I do understand your frustration RA, but please stick with it. Things are livening up around here now, slowly but surely. & remember....TZ is untainted by past mistakes & has the potential to grow into something truly great, whereas SZ doesn't.

Thats the difference. SZ will never become more than it is now, because they don't want it to. ;)
User(s) who Liked this post: Black Cloud, cantata, PFIZIPFEI

Us and Them Mentality - Sanctum Zone and Truth Zone 06 Jun 2013 19:56 #7

• Straight Shooter
:brewing:
Last Edit: 06 Jun 2013 20:25 by ...........

Us and Them Mentality - Sanctum Zone and Truth Zone 06 Jun 2013 20:00 #8

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Yep, lesley pumpshaft is one of the good uns over there.
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, cantata

Us and Them Mentality - Sanctum Zone and Truth Zone 06 Jun 2013 22:54 #9

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
It's been a lot busier here lately :)

Us and Them Mentality - Sanctum Zone and Truth Zone 06 Jun 2013 23:10 #10

• i-baster
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I never understood the split at the time and so I never joined here until recently. It seems quiet here yes but the problems faced by small forums are tough to overcome without patience. I used to have my own forum and it felt like talking to myself often. We just need to stick with it and let it grow. Hopefully it will grow. I don't like cliques. I don't like banning productive members because that leads to cliques and forum death. I enjoy some members on sz and to be honest wish things worked out differently but last few days I have been leaning more in this direction. I enjoy your input RA so hope you don't move on. Would be nice to see a few others here I must say.

Us and Them Mentality - Sanctum Zone and Truth Zone 06 Jun 2013 23:50 #11

• novum
  • Platinum Member
.......... wrote:

Well that remains to be seen tbh, time will tell.

.......... wrote:

Fact is people cant get along no matter where it is in my experience.

But having said that, i think people can co-exist on a forum even with different viewpoints as long as lines arent crossed, meaning constant personal attacks. Play the ball not the man. And if that does happen i think post edits are in order rather than post deletions, constant suspensions or bannings, unless it is incessant and said person needs a time out. And even so, id rather do nothing tbh and hope people know where the boundaries are themselves.

We perhaps have a fighting chance here of this place being like your first sentence in the second quote above, and ill be blunt, if people here cant hack listening to others POV without needless personal attacks they know where the door is. Again play the ball not the man. And that isnt a 'threat' from mods/admin or anything like that, i just mean if people dont like it here they shouldnt participate.

Infact as a side note, id rather be treated like any other member and dont even like the mod tag i have, but someone has to do it hey.

Having said all that the same goes for taking criticism, i feel that people should be able to handle some criticism and critique of their contributions and i certainly think of myself that way.

We aim to try and be inclusive to all viewpoints here, and that doesnt mean i necessarily agree with those viewpoints even if they exist on the forum. Same goes for DG. However that doesnt stop others taking shots at us about it.

There are now 2 very different forums available to use for people who dont want to be at DIF, and a lot of time and effort was put in by myself frog and DG on both sites, they dont just build themselves.

How i see it is, we want TZ to be a place for people that can accept reading different POV's to their own.
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Last Edit: 07 Jun 2013 00:37 by novum. Reason: work in progress lol

Us and Them Mentality - Sanctum Zone and Truth Zone 07 Jun 2013 16:34 #12

• Straight Shooter
i-baster wrote:
I never understood the split at the time and so I never joined here until recently. It seems quiet here yes but the problems faced by small forums are tough to overcome without patience. I used to have my own forum and it felt like talking to myself often. We just need to stick with it and let it grow. Hopefully it will grow. I don't like cliques. I don't like banning productive members because that leads to cliques and forum death. I enjoy some members on sz and to be honest wish things worked out differently but last few days I have been leaning more in this direction. I enjoy your input RA so hope you don't move on. Would be nice to see a few others here I must say.

Yea, i have not seen any intriguing threads turning up at SZ recently. If sanctum zone wan'ts to have a small forum based upon a small group of internet friends without any controversial topics that's fine. I have never said anything mean to any of them but they don't like how Americans have free speech and i don't meet the British status quo. We could have all had one nice sized forum with 25 active posters so i'm still kinda upset about that and how the forums split. I had alot of 5-10 page threads in the general section there that everyone seemed to take part in so i'm kinda bitter about that. But the one thing i do have a problem with at Sanctum Zone is how the people there who have been accused of being trolls come off as being more intellectual than the sensitive people in the cool crew who can't seem to handle having a larger forum with more members because that causes a wide range of opinions.

Us and Them Mentality - Sanctum Zone and Truth Zone 07 Jun 2013 16:44 #13

• Straight Shooter
novum wrote:
But having said that, i think people can co-exist on a forum even with different viewpoints as long as lines arent crossed, meaning constant personal attacks. Play the ball not the man. And if that does happen i think post edits are in order rather than post deletions, constant suspensions or bannings, unless it is incessant and said person needs a time out. And even so, id rather do nothing tbh and hope people know where the boundaries are themselves.

Here is the thing though, the people who gave out all the personal attacks at Sanctum Zone have never been suspended or banned.

Us and Them Mentality - Sanctum Zone and Truth Zone 07 Jun 2013 17:12 #14

• Straight Shooter
This is how adults work out problems i guess... :rose: :wilt:

Us and Them Mentality - Sanctum Zone and Truth Zone 07 Jun 2013 17:19 #15

• username
Nah, adults just split up but stay in the same band and then write lyrics in songs to wind each other up a la Buckingham and nicks :D

Sorry couldn't resist ........

I agree with what you're saying, just put it behind, past injustices may cut a bit deep but you're not gonna change it now.
User(s) who Liked this post: I AM ALL I AM

Us and Them Mentality - Sanctum Zone and Truth Zone 07 Jun 2013 17:20 #16

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
The ones on SZ who always dished out personal attacks were the ones who were constantly at war on the DIF, they just brought the same shit onto SZ. And they would even go on about their old adversaries on the DIF, slagging them off. The funny thing is those people they hated on the DIF were never nasty to me, even though I disagreed with them on many things. The "cool crew" though, they were another story. I hated the way they would gang up on people and use personal attacks. They used to make the mistake of thinking that they were upsetting me, wrong, they were making me angry :chuckle: The names they called me didn't hurt, they pissed me off.
User(s) who Liked this post: Black Cloud, Quirral, I AM ALL I AM

Us and Them Mentality - Sanctum Zone and Truth Zone 07 Jun 2013 17:21 #17

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Didn't Fleetwood Mac absolutely despise each other? :chuckle:

Us and Them Mentality - Sanctum Zone and Truth Zone 07 Jun 2013 17:31 #18

• username
irrepressible wrote:
Didn't Fleetwood Mac absolutely despise each other? :chuckle:

Sort of, they swapped relationships a lot plus massive amounts of cocaine and alcohol is never going to end nicely.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, irrepressible, I AM ALL I AM

Us and Them Mentality - Sanctum Zone and Truth Zone 07 Jun 2013 18:05 #19

• Straight Shooter
Psketti is gonna end up smoking weed and listening to this album while she thinks about how much she miss me.

Us and Them Mentality - Sanctum Zone and Truth Zone 07 Jun 2013 18:30 #20

• novum
  • Platinum Member
.......... wrote:
If sanctum zone wan'ts to have a small forum based upon a small group of internet friends without any controversial topics that's fine.

See i was at this point just before the split.

I know thats what most of the members on SZ want, they told me so and did not like me pushing for the opposite whatsoever. Not one iota. Including psketti, as much if not more than the others. It was then left up to the members to facilitate the direction of the site and vote for who does the facilitating, and thats what happened.

And as you said, thats fine if thats what they want for SZ.

But it is also why TZ was born.

Me and DG are open to any feedback and criticism here, whether it be moderation or otherwise. And we will continually ask what the members want to see. Its not like the DIF. But in saying that, this isnt SZ and we wont allow the site to be steered into certain directions if we think it is detrimental to the developement of the site.

We dont want wars with SZ either. Im still good friends with people there despite our major differences in opinions about the sites direction at one time. I get along with many of them well, despite that difference. That is why we decided to have two options for members. One is a sanctum, one isnt. Psketti is the admin there, she knows very well how i feel, unbeknown to most we have had some long discussions about it, particularly just before the split. I know what she and the majority there want in a site, and i know what Frog, myself and DG want, and it is two different things.

This is why TZ was born, i hope my post here gives a little more insight into why because i do understand that many members do not know why.

I know it makes us look like all we can do is squabble and so on to outsiders also... i know how it can look. But we couldnt see a better option at the time, and another option is all TZ is at the end of the day. Myself and Frog used what we learned building SZ from a technical point of view, and putting TZ together was not much of a big deal tbh either, the hard work had been done building SZ and that was transferred to TZ.

RA if you think psketti or the others there miss you, hate to break it to you bro, but that might not be the case at all.
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI, phemohilia