Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [excerpt of] The Earth is Convex not Concave

[excerpt of] The Earth is Convex not Concave 03 Oct 2014 10:08 #1

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • You have the Right NOT to Vote! = for EVIL!
Are we back on topic? .......... You can only try if its possible to do so .

The Global Space Balloon Challenge
is an international education outreach and collaboration project to encourage people from around the world to build and launch their own high-altitude balloon science experiments.

Watch the video, get excited, and sign up a team to participate! The sky's the limit!
http://www.balloonchallenge.org/ 

What does a $250,000 ticket to space with Virgin Galactic actually buy you?

(CNN) -- For decades, none but a few privileged -- and highly trained -- individuals could dare dream of traveling beyond Earth's orbit. All that's set to change as Richard Branson brings space exploration to the (mega-rich) masses.
In April, Virgin Galactic -- a subsidiary of Branson's Virgin Group -- hit a milestone. The rocket motor the company had been testing on the ground was fitted into SpaceShip Two, the spacecraft that, from next year onwards, will bring space travel to the general public.
"We lit the rocket motor for the first time in the air and the spaceship went through the sound barrier," recalls Stephen Attenborough, Virgin Galactic's commercial director.
"It was a hugely significant milestone for us, and in many ways, the last big piece of the jigsaw."
Read more: Virgin Galactic one flight closer to space tourism
Experiencing zero gravity on earth Are pilotless planes within reach? Water powered jet pack lets you fly
Though a ticket aboard SpaceShip Two doesn't come cheap -- a seat currently costs $250,000 -- Attenborough maintains that as things stand, the fare is a relative bargain.
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/15/travel/virgin-galactic-250000-ticket-to-space/ 

Mario wrote:
History of Navigation

How could this ever be calculated if the convex theory would be our reality?
How would the Sealers end up where they like to end up with this calculation system
if the convex theory would be our reality?
.......... Well 1 + 1 = 2 >>>>> ALWAYS!
Introduction: Concept

If the positions of two points on the earth's surface are known, the distance between them can be found.

First, a latitude and longitude near the boat's actual position, such as a dead reckoning (DR) position, is required. With reference to the Nautical Almanac , the altitude of the sun from the DR position can be obtained. The zenith distance can then be deduced from this tabulated altitude, and the position circle obtained by converting the zenith distance to nautical miles (one minute of arc at the earth's centre=one nautical mile on earth's surface). For example, if the tabulated altitude is 29° 40'.0, the zenith distance would be 90° - tabulated altitude = 60° 20'.0, and the radius of the position circle would be
60 (degrees) * 60 (min of arc) + 20 (min of arc) = 3620 minutes of arc = 3620 nautical miles.

History of Navigation

Fig 2.1 Dip is determined by height of eye

Fig 2.4 Refraction the heavenly body's Altitude appears to be higher than it actually is

Dip is the angle between the horizontal plane through the observer's eye and the visible horizon (see Fig 2.1). It occurs because the eye is always above the sea level so that the observed altitude is always greater than the altitude as measured from a point at sea level, where theoretically the horizon would be in a true horizontal plane.

Light passing from outer space into the earth's atmosphere is refracted. Refraction is at a maximum when the HB viewed is low down near the horizon, diminishing the zero when the HB is directly overhead.
http://www.math.nus.edu.sg/aslaksen/gem-projects/hm/0203-1-30-navigation/sextant1.html 

@ oiram @
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

[excerpt of] The Earth is Convex not Concave 04 Oct 2014 08:22 #2

• skycentrism
  • Fresh Member
I would like to point out that this thread is not, as some claim, a "parody" thread. It is a response

Oh, it is. You make it a parody thread :thumbup:
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

[excerpt of] The Earth is Convex not Concave 04 Oct 2014 08:28 #3

• rodin
  • Spam Killer
  • BELIEF IS THE ENEMY OF TRUTH
I would like posts 104 and 105 (and any subsequent derailing posts) to be moved to an excerpt thread, so that people get a chance to read post 103, which has real content
To understand who rules over you look to whom you tube can't criticise

The media isn't there to cover the news
It's there to cover the news up

All establishment lies pass through three stages
First, they are accepted as being self evident
Second, they are exposed by diligent research
Third, they are enforced

"Communism is the bloodiest, most difficult and the most terrible way from capitalism to capitalism" from Under the Sign of the Scorpion by Juri Lina

[excerpt of] The Earth is Convex not Concave 04 Oct 2014 11:16 #4

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Mario wrote:
@novum
No matter really >>>>>>>>
but I'm not sure why you moved this post out of the thread; :dunno:
because its 100% related to the thread Topic???
You may need to read it all to see if I'm right on the mark with this researched data .....

@ oiram @

I moved all posts after 103 as a batch... the forum tools have the option 'move this post and all others after it' .. which i did at post 104.

I think you posted your post above while i was in the middle of moving the posts as a batch... that post wasnt there when i first pressed the moderate button on 104 so i didnt see it. I just selected move 104 and all posts after 104.. but to get to that page i press the 'moderate' button on post 104... you must have posted some time inbetween me pressing moderate... and then me pressing the second button to move 104 and all the subsequent posts as a batch. If that makes sense to you. :hahano: .. it is what happened though i think.

Perhaps ask rodin where he would like to see the post, when he returns. :D :up:
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352

[excerpt of] The Earth is Convex not Concave 04 Oct 2014 12:11 #5

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • You have the Right NOT to Vote! = for EVIL!
novum wrote:
No problem was only wondering for myself how I could have been off topic with that one? :ponda:

I removed the note encase it get moved back into the topic.
Last Edit: 04 Oct 2014 12:15 by Mario.

[excerpt of] The Earth is Convex not Concave 05 Oct 2014 11:29 #6

• rodin
  • Spam Killer
  • BELIEF IS THE ENEMY OF TRUTH
novum wrote:
Mario wrote:
@novum
No matter really >>>>>>>>
but I'm not sure why you moved this post out of the thread; :dunno:
because its 100% related to the thread Topic???
You may need to read it all to see if I'm right on the mark with this researched data .....

@ oiram @

I moved all posts after 103 as a batch... the forum tools have the option 'move this post and all others after it' .. which i did at post 104.

I think you posted your post above while i was in the middle of moving the posts as a batch... that post wasnt there when i first pressed the moderate button on 104 so i didnt see it. I just selected move 104 and all posts after 104.. but to get to that page i press the 'moderate' button on post 104... you must have posted some time inbetween me pressing moderate... and then me pressing the second button to move 104 and all the subsequent posts as a batch. If that makes sense to you. :hahano: .. it is what happened though i think.

Posts 2 and 5 are germane to the original thread. Especially 2 :nono: :chuckle:
To understand who rules over you look to whom you tube can't criticise

The media isn't there to cover the news
It's there to cover the news up

All establishment lies pass through three stages
First, they are accepted as being self evident
Second, they are exposed by diligent research
Third, they are enforced

"Communism is the bloodiest, most difficult and the most terrible way from capitalism to capitalism" from Under the Sign of the Scorpion by Juri Lina

[excerpt of] The Earth is Convex not Concave 16 Oct 2016 13:01 #7

• zax
  • Gold Member
rodin wrote:
I would like posts 104 and 105 (and any subsequent derailing posts) to be moved to an excerpt thread, so that people get a chance to read post 103, which has real content

What was that post about?
Thanks.
If it is above the Lounge I haven't read it.