Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Universe - Computer Simulation? The Matrix?

Universe - Computer Simulation? The Matrix? 08 Feb 2013 02:08 #1

• StarsChildren
a good question... could we be living in a computer simulation? a programmed software running our lives? something like the matrix, we don't know we're in a program? something like MIB, we're a tiny spec inside a marble? or is it something more sinister, someone or a group of people who know more than us, are higher up on the food chain so-to-speak, controlling our lives through simulating our realities?

Cosmic rays offer clue our universe could be a computer simulation

If recent measurements of cosmic ray particles are correct, then we may have the first evidence that the universe as we know it is really a giant computer simulation.

Humans have explored the laws of our universe for many years now, and it's not uncommon to hear people talk about how amazing it is that certain fundamental values are just right for life to exist. Some people have wondered if that's because the whole universe is actually some kind of sandbox simulation, and we're merely characters in some cosmic game of The Sims. If that's true, then there should be a point where we start to bump up against the edges of the simulator, like Jim Carrey's character escaping from The Truman Show -- and now a team of physicists think that a particular measurement of some cosmic ray particles might be the first such indication of one of those edges.

continue reading
'The idea we live in a simulation isn't science fiction'

If the universe is just a Matrix-like simulation, how could we ever know? Physicist Silas Beane thinks he has the answer

The idea that we live in a simulation is just science fiction, isn't it?
There is a famous argument that we probably do live in a simulation. The idea is that in future, humans will be able to simulate entire universes quite easily. And given the vastness of time ahead, the number of these simulations is likely to be huge. So if you ask the question: 'do we live in the one true reality or in one of the many simulations?', the answer, statistically speaking, is that we're more likely to be living in a simulation.

How did you end up working on this issue?
My day job is to do high performance computing simulations of the forces of nature, particularly the strong nuclear force. My colleagues and I use a grid-like lattice to represent a small chunk of space and time. We put all the forces into that little cube and calculate what happens. In effect, we're simulating a very tiny corner of the universe.

continue reading
The Measurement That Would Reveal The Universe As A Computer Simulation
If the cosmos is a numerical simulation, there ought to be clues in the spectrum of high energy cosmic rays, say theorists

One of modern physics’ most cherished ideas is quantum chromodynamics, the theory that describes the strong nuclear force, how it binds quarks and gluons into protons and neutrons, how these form nuclei that themselves interact. This is the universe at its most fundamental.

So an interesting pursuit is to simulate quantum chromodynamics on a computer to see what kind of complexity arises. The promise is that simulating physics on such a fundamental level is more or less equivalent to simulating the universe itself.

There are one or two challenges of course. The physics is mind-bogglingly complex and operates on a vanishingly small scale. So even using the world’s most powerful supercomputers, physicists have only managed to simulate tiny corners of the cosmos just a few femtometers across. (A femtometer is 10^-15 metres.)

continue reading

Published on Feb 6, 2013
A recent scientific study undertaken by the University of Bonn in Germany suggests that the universe could be one giant computer simulation.

Learning to 'Live Free' comes from experience and personal growth ... Lets break our conditioning!
www.livefreerevolution.com/
livefreerevolution.blogspot.com/

are we living in a computer simulated universe? "Doubly-even self-dual linear binary error- correcting block code," first invented by Claude Shannon in the 1940's, has been discovered embedded WITHIN the equations of superstring theory. Neil Degrasse Tyson and S.J. Gates discussing the find "Why does nature have this? What errors does it need to correct? What is an 'error' for nature? More importantly what is the explanation for this freakish discovery? Your guess is as good as mine.
Mind Blowing: Our World May Not Be What We Know.. We May Be In The Matrix & Don't Really Exist!? (Strange Computer Code Discovered Concealed In Superstring Equations)

Why Reality is a Computed Simulation
I don't like to think before I speak.
I like to be just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Universe - Computer Simulation? The Matrix? 09 Feb 2013 21:41 #2

• StarsChildren
www.naturalnews.com/038985_universe_simulation_intelligent_design.html

Yet more evidence emerges that our universe is a grand simulation created by an intelligent designer

(NaturalNews) There's a lot of buzz in the news about a new scientific study that statistically supports the idea that our known universe is actually a grand computer simulation. This is mainstream science, and the idea isn't a whacky as you might first suppose. I've actually written about this several times in articles about consciousness and the nature of reality. This news, by the way, also supports the idea of a Creator who brought this universe -- and everything in it -- into existence by design.

A new scientific paper published in arXiv and co-authored by Silas Beane from the University of Bonn reveals strong statistical evidence that our reality is, indeed, a grand computer simulation. The title of the paper is Constraints on the Universe as a Numerical Simulation.

Here's what it means in layman's terms

Here's the super easy way to understand all this. Your computer display screen has a finite number of pixels available, and this is called the "screen resolution" such as 1920 x 1440. This means there are 1920 pixels across and 1440 pixels vertically.

Everything you see on your computer screen must be drawn and depicted using these pixels, and nothing can be displayed that's only half a pixel. For example, you can't draw a vertical line on the screen that exists between the pixels that are hard-wired into the screen resolution. Everything you view on the monitor -- a computer game, a website, even a video -- is essentially transposed onto the "lattice" of pixels that exist in your hardware.

Your hardware, in effect, has a hard-wired "resolution limit" which defines the smallest size of any object that can be depicted on the screen.

continue reading
I don't like to think before I speak.
I like to be just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.