Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Why did these TED talks get banned?

Why did these TED talks get banned? 18 May 2014 05:50 #1

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
  • Government is simply a conspiracy against a nation!
Rupert Sheldrake - The Science Delusion

Graham Hancock - The War on Consciousness

Prof Franz Hörmann - The Science of Money

Nick Hanauer "Rich people don't create jobs"

Dr. Terry Wahls - Minding Your Mitochondria

JRE: Eddie Huang TED Conference Exposed

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James
Last Edit: 18 May 2014 06:09 by Frog.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy, chandrakavi, I AM ALL I AM, Macdon

Why did these TED talks get banned? 18 May 2014 08:32 #2

• Straight Shooter
Good Post...
User(s) who Liked this post: Frog

Why did these TED talks get banned? 18 May 2014 08:57 #3

• I AM ALL I AM
Because the DI f is ban-hammer-happy. ;) :D

Thank you Frog for the next lot of documentaries added to the list to download. :thumbup:
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into.

When paired opposites define your beliefs, your beliefs will imprison you.
User(s) who Liked this post: Frog

Why did these TED talks get banned? 18 May 2014 17:01 #4

• Avacyn
  • Hekara sisa widna sat ałiel
Sorry...

Banned from where?
Oh no... is it 3:36 again?

Why did these TED talks get banned? 18 May 2014 18:20 #5

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
Avacyn wrote:
Sorry...

Banned from where?

Those talks and a number of others are not available in the official TEDx archives. TED have a an anonymous panel who give a ya or na to certain talks. Apparently those talks don't fit with the program the question is why don't they fit? You can see the community discussions about the talks that are removed among other things on the TEDx website. Looking at the partnerships and sponsors may provide a possible explanation?

Community engagement

Part of the partnership between TEDx and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is focused on facilitating more meaningful conversations on global health and development issues within TEDx communities year-round.

Source

TED Home Page
TED Discussions

In the first part of this video the guy explains the process...

@IAAIA, Can't give the DI f any credit for this one but it does have a similar smell to it.

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James
Last Edit: 18 May 2014 19:34 by Frog.

Why did these TED talks get banned? 19 May 2014 20:17 #6

• Jagged Hope
  • Fresh Member
I looked at TED a year or so ago. The associations speak volumes.

IMHO, TED has an agenda for deciding 'which ideas are worth spreading' (proliferate views of its associates) and to suppress others.

It's one of those places that outwardly appeal to forward thinkers (ooh, aren't we 'out of the box') but in reality does the opposite.

Why did these TED talks get banned? 19 May 2014 21:00 #7

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
Some of the talks are very agenda orientated which is very obvious when you're aware of the game and how they play.

Unfortunately it does seem to appeal to the people you highlight and they take these talks on face value because they are totally unaware.

Did you watch the last video in the OP where they expose the freakish system of control applied to the contributors at TED talks? It's staggering to think that the people giving their time to speak are treated in such an appalling manor

Did you uncover any information about the fees charged to attend a TED event? Did you get any information about the numbers attending?

In the last video in the OP they claim that it costs around $8000 per attendee and they estimate 2000 people attend one of the larger events. That adds up to $16000000 (Sixteen Million) for one TED event? That seems unbelievable to me but I guess there are people willing to pay big money to rub shoulders with billionaires, millionaires and famous academics etc. shit people actually pay good money to listen to the likes of Tony war criminal Blair and scandalous vermin like Peter Mandelson et al. I know where I would spend my money given a choice.

If you get some time maybe you could post some of your findings in this thread because there definitely seems to be more behind the TED talks, and their business operation than people are aware of. :conf:

User(s) who Liked this post: Macdon

Why did these TED talks get banned? 19 May 2014 21:24 #8

• Jagged Hope
  • Fresh Member
I'll post more when I dig out my stats but basically TED is to the freedom to promote new ideas unhindered by the mainstream as Facebook is to privacy.

Yes it's $6,000-$8000 to attend and it's Orwellian-like in its exclusivity.

If you believe Bill Gates wants to help the poor in the Third World, well then you'd pine away wanting for your TED invite.

It's not fashionable amongst the Harvard elite/Silicon Valley types to boast about your wealth and be unintellectual or 'uncaring'. Therefore TED provides the perfect vehicle for you to express your out of the box ideas for 'living better' and 'helping humanity '. Sure you make money but you are hip about it and get to belong to an exclusive club of 'thinkers'. No danger that you'd actually have to rub shoulders with the rest of us.

Of many things it is a tool to enclose or make envious anyone who might be in danger of having a useful free thought and it takes those people correctly along in the chosen direction of its founders. Free Gates vaccine anyone?

Why did these TED talks get banned? 19 May 2014 22:51 #9

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
Wonder why this talk wasn't banned?

Kony 2012 scam promo

Jason Russell - Joseph Kony 2012 - TEDxSanDiego 2011

Why isn't he nominating Clinton, Obama, Blair and the Bushes to be taken to trial?

User(s) who Liked this post: Macdon

Why did these TED talks get banned? 19 May 2014 23:15 #10

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
At TED, “everyone is Steve Jobs” and every idea is treated like an iPad. The conferences have come to resemble religious meetings and the TED talks techno-spiritual sermons, pushing an evangelical, cultish attitude toward “the new ideas that will change the world.” Everything becomes “magical” and “inspirational.” In just the top-ten most-viewed TED talks, we get the messages of “inspiration,” “astonishment,” “insight,” “mathmagic” and the “thrilling potential of SixthSense technology”! The ideas most popular are those that pander to a metaphysical, magical portrayal of the role of technology in the world.

Source

Why did these TED talks get banned? 19 May 2014 23:26 #11

• Jagged Hope
  • Fresh Member

Why did these TED talks get banned? 20 May 2014 01:04 #12

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
Jagged Hope wrote:
Thanks for that, it's a bit long and tends to be a little repetitive - but he does manage to demonstrate what the TEDdies are all about. He also makes a reference the the banned Hanauer talk.

From the article above:
TED’s techno-humanitarians—that brigade of what the Nigerian-American writer Teju Cole has dubbed “The White Savior Industrial Complex”—would defer to China’s “technocrats with term limits” and have them bulldoze entire villages in order to build another Foxconn plant rather than bother with the slow progress of political reform. The Khannas are on to something when they write that “the Hybrid Age ... might also become a Pax Technologica,” but there are pitifully few reasons to believe that a Pax Technologica would do much good for the world. Techno-humanitarianism is much more techno than humanitarian.

Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare