Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Within 30 years, a futurist believes babies will regularly be born in artificial wombs, outside of human bodies.

Within 30 years, a futurist believes babies will regularly be born in artificial wombs, outside of human bodies. 17 Aug 2014 03:42 #1

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Would YOU grow your child in an artificial womb OUTSIDE of a human body? Ectogenesis could be widely used in 30 years

• Ectogenesis technology has been in development since 2001
• Researchers have previously used tissue to create a freestanding uterus
• This technology was later used to grow mouse embryos in artificial wombs
• Futurist Zoltan Istvan believes the technology will be ready by 2034
• It could then be made more widely available a decade later
• The issued raises the debate about whether the technology is ethical

The technology, known as ectogenesis, has been in development since 2001 and previous experiments involved growing mouse embryos in wombs attached to ‘placenta machines.’

Campaigners believe it could reduce the number of still births, because foetuses would be more closely monitored and accessible, but critics claim it could redefine social roles.

Others have stated it removes the bond between a mother and her child.

Ectogenesis is the growth of an organism outside of a body, and applies to animals as well as the growth of bacteria.

Artificial wombs need an artificial uterus that supplies nutrients and oxygen to the foetus.

Custom-built amniotic fluid sacs would also need to remove waste.

This would be attached to an ‘placenta machine’, and cables could monitor everything from the baby’s weight to heart rate and development.

It could be used for women who are unable to carry babies naturally, due to a damaged uterus for example.

The technology may also remove the need for surrogate mothers for straight and gay couples.

Elsewhere, artificial wombs would reduce the number of pregnancy and birth-related deaths among women, could extend the age at which women give birth, and drugs could be more easily administered to the foetus if it became ill.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2724823/Would-YOU-grow-child-artificial-womb-OUTSIDE-human-body-Ectogenesis-widely-used-30-years.html
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Last Edit: 17 Aug 2014 03:44 by novum.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Within 30 years, a futurist believes babies will regularly be born in artificial wombs, outside of human bodies. 17 Aug 2014 04:11 #2

• Annakissd
  • Fresh Member
This is awful.
What they gonna do have a fake maternal heart beat/voice boomed in with speakers?

No, this is bad, very very bad.
What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.
User(s) who Liked this post: Frog

Within 30 years, a futurist believes babies will regularly be born in artificial wombs, outside of human bodies. 17 Aug 2014 04:43 #3

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
  • Government is simply a conspiracy against a nation!
Annakissd wrote:
This is awful.
What they gonna do have a fake maternal heart beat/voice boomed in with speakers?

They are working on that already with site like this...

"Together we can humanise technology" more like dehumanise humans through technology

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James

Within 30 years, a futurist believes babies will regularly be born in artificial wombs, outside of human bodies. 17 Aug 2014 05:00 #4

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Annakissd wrote:
This is awful.

I can see that side of the argument of course, designer babies etc and mothers getting out of carrying just for the convenience.

And we really dont, cant and probably will never understand all there is to know about child carrying and the effects a real biological mother has on a child growing versus some kind of artificial womb.

On the other hand though, i know how difficult it can be for some women who want a child, but cant carry and have repeated miscarriages, or carrying would put their lives at risk or both. Women that have viable eggs even but cant carry for any number of reasons, of which there are a few. So the flip side is, i wonder if this technology, if it happens, is so bad in situations like that. :dunno:
1365 = 1

Within 30 years, a futurist believes babies will regularly be born in artificial wombs, outside of human bodies. 17 Aug 2014 05:14 #5

• novum
  • Platinum Member
One scary aspect though is people who have access to eggs and sperm could in a clandestine way create life for their own nefarious activities, and there would be no mothers to answer to and look out for any child produced.

There is a film called 'The Island' which shows one potential use for this kind thing, (organs and body parts for transplant) ... though in that it portrays creating people in their adult form using some kind of artificial womb, not creating them in baby form.

1365 = 1

Within 30 years, a futurist believes babies will regularly be born in artificial wombs, outside of human bodies. 17 Aug 2014 05:26 #6

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
Maybe the reason people can''t have children is natures way of dealing with shit? Obviously that only counts if you ignore all the other tinkering shit, like gmo foods and other chemical process, that have been used to artificially effect populations and health etc.

Nature had managed to function well enough up until the last 200 years so it hardly seems in need of any inhuman intervention.

It's also farcical that overpopulation is falsely promoted as being an issue and yet there is a drive for IVF and other treatments to increase population growth. The plummeting fertility rates are also the product of manipulations in the environment, food and drugs etc. There are way too many contradictions and obvious causes in this area for it to not be a result of interference.

It seems seriously fucked up to turn to science to fix what should be left to nature.

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James

Within 30 years, a futurist believes babies will regularly be born in artificial wombs, outside of human bodies. 17 Aug 2014 05:35 #7

• I AM ALL I AM
Frog wrote:
Annakissd wrote:
This is awful.

They are working on that already with site like this...

"Together we can humanise technology" more like dehumanise humans through technology

I point out to you a lesson from past over-machined societies which you appear not to have learned. The devices themselves condition the users to employ each other the way they employ machines.

Leto II God Emperor

Emperor of Dune
Frank Herbert
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into.

When paired opposites define your beliefs, your beliefs will imprison you.

Within 30 years, a futurist believes babies will regularly be born in artificial wombs, outside of human bodies. 17 Aug 2014 05:49 #8

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Frog wrote:
Maybe the reason people can''t have children is natures way of dealing with shit? Obviously that only counts if you ignore all the other tinkering shit, like gmo foods and other chemical process, that have been used to artificially effect populations and health etc.

Some women have had accidents and/or internal trauma, so in cases such as this i will tend to have sympathy for a woman wanting to carry a child and not being able to.
1365 = 1

Within 30 years, a futurist believes babies will regularly be born in artificial wombs, outside of human bodies. 17 Aug 2014 05:56 #9

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
I'm aware of the effects of machines/technology on society and human interaction. It's staggeringly obvious from the car, TV and internet, to the scourge of the mobile phone. It's not just the technology that's the cause, other effects on human interactions have contributed to the alienation of people and communities which increase the reliance on new technologies. Becoming dependent on a manufactured environment is not going to bode well if the time comes when those things are no longer available or functional.

Within 30 years, a futurist believes babies will regularly be born in artificial wombs, outside of human bodies. 17 Aug 2014 06:06 #10

• I AM ALL I AM
novum wrote:
Annakissd wrote:
This is awful.

I can see that side of the argument of course, designer babies etc and mothers getting out of carrying just for the convenience.

And we really dont, cant and probably will never understand all there is to know about child carrying and the effects a real biological mother has on a child growing versus some kind of artificial womb.

On the other hand though, i know how difficult it can be for some women who want a child, but cant carry and have repeated miscarriages, or carrying would put their lives at risk or both. Women that have viable eggs even but cant carry for any number of reasons, of which there are a few. So the flip side is, i wonder if this technology, if it happens, is so bad in situations like that. :dunno:

G'day Novum.

This will probably bring the house down on my head ... :umm:

Most, YES, most women are not in a physically fit state to be carrying a fetus for 9 months. For fucks sake, most individuals have no clue how to care for the physicality, their own physicality, let alone another that is attached to their own. :roll:

This is another manifestation of the 'ownership' issue, where biological donors (a.k.a. parents) think that they have 'ownership' of the offspring ... MY child, MY daughter, MY son. :roll:

'Everyone else has one, I want on too'. :nono:

Then fucking ADOPT a child and stop being such a demanding, self-centred consumerist conforming to social norms, for fucks sake.

SERIOUSLY !!!

Is it the idea of helping a child to reach maturity with the benefits of your LIFE experience?

Or is it the idea of ownership, possession, 'retail therapy' and conforming to societal norms?

I have a close personal relationship with someone that I helped to reach maturity with the knowledge required to be true themselves. The individual is about to reach 20 times around the Sun, twice the amount than when we first met. Hence, NOT MY CHILD even in a biological description. We actually discussed this issue among others Friday (Sunday now) when we met up and hung out together.

A close personal relationship with a child is not dependent upon being the biological donor. So what is 'having a baby' REALLY all about?
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into.

Within 30 years, a futurist believes babies will regularly be born in artificial wombs, outside of human bodies. 17 Aug 2014 06:11 #11

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
novum wrote:
Frog wrote:

Some women have had accidents and/or internal trauma, so in cases such as this i will tend to have sympathy for a woman wanting to carry a child and not being able to.

Well then I guess it depends on where you draw the line on playing god and we already know where that is headed.

Within 30 years, a futurist believes babies will regularly be born in artificial wombs, outside of human bodies. 17 Aug 2014 06:24 #12

• I AM ALL I AM
Frog wrote:

Nature had managed to function well enough up until the last 200 years so it hardly seems in need of any inhuman intervention.

It's also farcical that overpopulation is falsely promoted as being an issue and yet there is a drive for IVF and other treatments to increase population growth. The plummeting fertility rates are also the product of manipulations in the environment, food and drugs etc. There are way too many contradictions and obvious causes in this area for it to not be a result of interference.

It seems seriously fucked up to turn to science to fix what should be left to nature.

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."
Albert Einstein

G'day Frog.

It is the same old story of people looking for a 'saviour' instead of accepting responsibility and fixing the issue that they themselves have created through their own thoughts, actions, words.

'Oh, being overweight/obese isn't the issue, what I shovel into my mouth isn't the 'problem', what I think and say isn't responsible, that's why I can get it fixed externally by a doctor.'

Humans, so entrained into avoiding responsibility of their own thoughts, actions, words, that they are willing to indoctrinate another, a child, into the same 'negative' thoughts, actions, words, thus perpetuating the societal structure by supplying the next generation of 'capitol' (Surname all in CAPITALS) for the infrastructure of the corporation of control, the Crown (corporation from corpse - the 'King' is dead, long live the 'King').

And while humans do this, they say that they LOVE the child.

No wonder over 15 years ago I stopped accepting the label of human as a description of Who I Am, humans are fucked up. :thumbup:

User(s) who Liked this post: Frog

Within 30 years, a futurist believes babies will regularly be born in artificial wombs, outside of human bodies. 17 Aug 2014 06:36 #13

• I AM ALL I AM
Frog wrote:
I'm aware of the effects of machines/technology on society and human interaction. It's staggeringly obvious from the car, TV and internet, to the scourge of the mobile phone. It's not just the technology that's the cause, other effects on human interactions have contributed to the alienation of people and communities which increase the reliance on new technologies. Becoming dependent on a manufactured environment is not going to bode well if the time comes when those things are no longer available or functional.

G'day Frog.

Yeah, I thought that you are aware of it, the post reminded me of that quote from Dune. :thumbup:

The disconnection through the modern day technological 'wonders' that we have available to us is based on the emitted frequency from the devices. The documentary, Resonance - Beings of Frequency, details this issue, with the Earth resonating at 7.83 Hz, the same frequency that the brain emits, and which is blocked by frequencies emitted from the technological 'wonders' (wi-fi, bluetooth, EMR's, etc).

The long term effects of such usage and the disconnection from the Earth's frequencies is the real issue. After all, it is difficult for you to resonate at a 'higher' frequency when you are surrounded (disconnected) by 'lower' frequencies. The military industrial complex are using exactly this to entrain soldiers to kill using remote guiding technology (drones, etc).

Within 30 years, a futurist believes babies will regularly be born in artificial wombs, outside of human bodies. 17 Aug 2014 06:37 #14

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
Fortunately some are less fucked up than others and more people are getting wise to what's going on so there is a glimmer of hope. We also have the tools to make a difference now which can only come with the collective use of technology. If everyone switched to cryptocurrencies over night the 1% would soon be brought down a trillion pegs or two. :coolio:

The problem is getting enough people to realise the power they actually have and get them to use it.

Within 30 years, a futurist believes babies will regularly be born in artificial wombs, outside of human bodies. 17 Aug 2014 09:13 #15

• novum
  • Platinum Member
I AM ALL I AM wrote:
A close personal relationship with a child is not dependent upon being the biological donor. So what is 'having a baby' REALLY all about?

Sure, on the first part... though on the second well theres no denying that people do have the desire to want their own children... what is it about? Well ... not necessarily because they want to 'own' the child perhaps (though i do agree that what you wrote does apply in some cases, but not in others) ... desire to pass on ones DNA being one other reason, which i suppose is hard wired into us or at least alot of us in a way.
1365 = 1

Within 30 years, a futurist believes babies will regularly be born in artificial wombs, outside of human bodies. 18 Aug 2014 00:18 #16

• Annakissd
  • Fresh Member
I think it's very wrong.
Using it mid term as some sort if high tech incubator for premature births, maybe.
Full term in a man made womb master 3000? No.
They don't just hear words and heartbeat, they feel movements, laughter, and sounds of life around them, and I'm not down with this idea I'm afraid.
What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.
Last Edit: 18 Aug 2014 00:18 by Annakissd.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare