Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

 
PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: I have seen the curvature of the earth with the naked eye

YES - please specify 8 50%
NO - please specify 8 50%
Total number of voters: 16 ( Lux Interior, Steven, wolfy, irongate, Flare ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: POLL: I saw the curvature of the earth with the naked eye

POLL: I saw the curvature of the earth with the naked eye 07 Aug 2015 16:30 #1

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20376
  • Likes received: 7951
No, I haven't seen the curvature of the earth with my naked eye.

Neither from the top of 3 - 4 thousand meters high mountains,
nor on the beach, not on a ship or from the top of an island mountain with 360 degree view
and also not on a plane.




Click on the pic to expand

This is the horizon like I saw it whenever I travelled by plane.


360 degree panoramic view from Mount Everest - By Frog: truth-zone.net/forum/science-and-physics/63418-hollow-world-theory-inner-world-cosmos-skyscentrism-we-live-in-the-concave-earth.html?start=180#124191




Lichtenstein 360 degree panorama




Entrance to Mobile Bay from the east side



The last panorama is most interesting.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 08 Aug 2015 09:37 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Steven

POLL: I saw the curvature of the earth with the naked eye 09 Aug 2015 15:09 #2

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20376
  • Likes received: 7951
A few members stated that they saw the curvature of the earth with the naked eye.

This is in fact a subject that deserves a thread on its own, for it is relevant for the convex, the concave and the flat earth
theory at the same time and thus I started this poll.

Hopefully those who said they saw the curvature with their naked eye will specify the
circumstances for others to become aware of this phenomenon and do their own research.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 10 Aug 2015 16:55 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Steven

POLL: I saw the curvature of the earth with the naked eye - TESTIMONIES 17 Aug 2015 23:05 #3

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20376
  • Likes received: 7951
Lizzy wrote:
If one traveled through a tunnel deep enough to crawl through for 2ft one would come up underneath any object or person 2 ft away.
The seas are a bit different - but gravity and atmospheric pressure must be keeping the Earth 'stable' , even within the events of pole shift?
Anyway - having seen the earths' curvature several times -
I only want to say say "good luck' here to PHIZ and the rest of you.... ;)

Lizzy wrote:
I have seen the curvature of the Earth from a plane at least twice distinctly and I'm not having my reality turned inside out , upside down, anymore than I have had to unjust to . This is something they will NOT take away from my under- (over)standing. The checkerboard can be 3-D and the only ting I am living 'inside' of is my own head. and that is convex too.

Lizzy wrote:
I have seen the curvature over the northern hemisphere . I'm out of the nonsense. :umm:
and PHIZ - I say that with respect for you , just not this theory.

Lizzy wrote:
I will say again - I have SEEN the curvature of the Earth and it has ALWAYS been downward - as viewing a ball from above.

Lizzy wrote:
I will say it again -

I HAVE SEEN THE CURVATURE OF THE EARTH . AND i DON'T LIVE IN ANY VERSION OF THE TRUMAN SHOW.

Lizzy wrote:
I will go to the grave knowing I have seen the curvature with my own eyes .
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

POLL: I saw the curvature of the earth with the naked eye 18 Aug 2015 00:45 #4

  • Orangeaid
  • Orangeaid's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 11634
  • Likes received: 8018
The curvature of the earth is apparent when on the open ocean and a ship starts to appear on the horizon.

Likewise. ... I have watched the sun set over the Indian Ocean hundreds of times. It is apparent that the earth is curved and spins simply by looking at that phenomenon. The earth spins to the east making the sun appear to move west through the sky. The curvature of the earth makes the sun set appear as though the sun slips below the horizon. the sun and earth are moving in opposite directions to each other. As the sun touches the edge of the earth's curved plane and the earth rotates eastward, away from the sun, the sun starts to disappear slowly below the horizon ... which to be honest due to it being 12 miles away approximately. ... and open ocean ... looks slightly curved anyway.
Last Edit: 18 Aug 2015 00:53 by Orangeaid.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy, irongate

POLL: I saw the curvature of the earth with the naked eye 18 Aug 2015 00:56 #5

  • Orangeaid
  • Orangeaid's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 11634
  • Likes received: 8018
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
No, I haven't seen the curvature of the earth with my naked eye.

Neither from the top of 3 - 4 thousand meters high mountains,
nor on the beach, not on a ship or from the top of an island mountain with 360 degree view
and also not on a plane.




Click on the pic to expand

This is the horizon like I saw it whenever I travelled by plane.


360 degree panoramic view from Mount Everest - By Frog: truth-zone.net/forum/science-and-physics/63418-hollow-world-theory-inner-world-cosmos-skyscentrism-we-live-in-the-concave-earth.html?start=180#124191




Lichtenstein 360 degree panorama




Entrance to Mobile Bay from the east side



The last panorama is most interesting.
Pfiz a normal commercial airliner flies at 10,000m to 13,000m which isn't high enough to see tje curvature of the earth.

Concorde on the other hand flew at 20,000m ... or 12.5 miles ... which is the same distance up as the horizon over the ocean appears away when standing on the beach looking at the sunset.



The curvature of the earth was visible from concorde.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

POLL: I saw the curvature of the earth with the naked eye 18 Aug 2015 04:41 #6

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 18576
  • Likes received: 8730
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Last Edit: 18 Aug 2015 04:43 by novum.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy

POLL: I saw the curvature of the earth with the naked eye 18 Aug 2015 08:46 #7

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 18576
  • Likes received: 8730
I voted No btw, since i havent seen any curvature with the naked eye.

Being the mere peasant that i am, ive only ever been up at commercial flight height (coach) while looking thru the curtains to a better place in the front where Geoffrey Edelstein went, and the hostesses smile more and fluff your pillows for you.

Concorde was rothschild zionized or something :dunno: before i ever got a chance to fly in one.
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

POLL: I saw the curvature of the earth with the naked eye 18 Aug 2015 11:58 #8

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20376
  • Likes received: 7951
Thanks for your interesting contributions, gentlemen!


4%




How is your description of what you saw compatible with the 360 degree panoramic views, Orangeaid?

I just want to know and understand how you are able to reconcile your perception with those pictures?




TESTIMONIES


Mario wrote:
The other way you could see the clear curvature of earth is by walking up a mountain 2000 to 3000 meter high & don't look at the difference between you and the horizon target point in front ............... but look at the difference from the center horizon to the right & from the center point to the left while you up on a high mountain!
As in the image shows on the right and its not a camera lens effect!
Because I did walk up a mountain 2750 meter high personally and seen this reality with my own two eyes & its clearly visible & beautiful at the same time! Go in a plain & just once look out the window same thing too! ;) :)
Its not a wide angle lens effect involved its the real deal view of the earth true curvature!

Mario wrote:
And yes I should see more curvature as higher I'm going.

Mario wrote:
A Spanish entrepreneur wants to give you a glimpse of the black expanse of space and the curvature of the earth from a most unusual vantage point — a balloon.

The curvature of the earth is clearly visible, highlighted by the electric blue of the atmosphere just above the horizon.

Passengers aboard the bloon “near-space ship” will spend five to six hours on their journey, including two hours at cruise altitude with the blackness of space above them and the curvature of the earth below.

Because at that height you can see the blackness of space and the curvature of the earth.

Mario wrote:
In low elevation of sea level the eye position to the horizon will appear straight not covering a great enough distance to make any curvature visible; earth being such big diameter.
But as higher your eye level gets of sea level the curvature becomes visible because of a much further horizon distance; therefor your right & left visible covered surface distance becomes much greater as well & the earth curvature becomes more & more visible as further you away from sea level.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 18 Aug 2015 12:05 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

POLL: I saw the curvature of the earth with the naked eye 18 Aug 2015 12:18 #9

  • Orangeaid
  • Orangeaid's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 11634
  • Likes received: 8018
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
Thanks for your interesting contributions, gentlemen!


4%

That is disingenuous Pfiz. Putting a line on the curved horizon that has been seen by anyone who has flown on Concorde just covers the subtle curvature of the earth.

The "flat earth""hypothesis is basically that the earth is like a large baking tray that flips over (rather than be a rotating orb) continuously as it orbits around the Sun.

Look at the other planets you can see in the sky through a telescope. They're orbs. I have looked at them many times.

The flat earth hypothesis basically means that the earth is a flat baking tray in shape, yet is surrounded by orb shaped planets that are visible to the eye via a telescope.
Last Edit: 18 Aug 2015 12:33 by Orangeaid.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy, rodin

POLL: I saw the curvature of the earth with the naked eye 18 Aug 2015 12:33 #10

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20376
  • Likes received: 7951
Orangeaid wrote:
That is disingenuous Pfiz. Putting a line on the curved horizon that has been seen by anyone who has flown on Concorde just covers the subtle curvature of the earth.




Disingenuous?

Isn't this term a bit harsh and in fact inappropriate for correcting the inclination and showing that there is no curvature visible in the picture you posted?


Orangeaid wrote:
The curvature of the earth was visible from concorde.


Didn't this mean you posted this picture to prove what you said underneath?
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 18 Aug 2015 12:38 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

POLL: I saw the curvature of the earth with the naked eye 18 Aug 2015 12:40 #11

  • Orangeaid
  • Orangeaid's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 11634
  • Likes received: 8018
Yes Pfiz. Disingenuous. You've put a line over the horizon as seen from concorde at 60 000 feet to cover up the curved horizon because you don't believe the earth is an otb.

The photo shows the horizon is curved and the sky above deep blue to black. However you don't want to believe that so you've covered the horizon with a line to suit your own view

Countless people have talked about what they saw out the window of the plane. .. including the pilots. Have you read the hundreds / thousands of eye witness testimonies of people who flew on concorde?

I never had the pleasure to fly on it. I planned to when i lived in the UK but then the crash in Paris occurred.

I've been in a test model version near Cambridge and can say it was cramped with a low ceiling.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy

POLL: I saw the curvature of the earth with the naked eye 18 Aug 2015 19:26 #12

  • Lizzy
  • Lizzy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • Posts: 4995
  • Likes received: 3035
quote post 18 www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/633492-pilots-when-can-you-start-seeing-curvature-earth-sky-black-2.html
From Concorde flying trans-Atlantic at 60K feet, it is imperceptible on the south side (towards the equator) and quite pronounced towards the North Pole. Really an amazing difference between the 2 views.

I have not flown Concord . The London - Seattle route flies very northerly , on the 2 or 3 times I've seen it - I had my nose pressed against the window for max width view and also looking out the larger window near the galley area. Looking north the land is flat Tundra , this allows one see , it's not obscured by mountains. Yes, it's a very slight curve one sees but by g-d , I have seen.it.
Last Edit: 19 Aug 2015 03:08 by Lizzy.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

POLL: I saw the curvature of the earth with the naked eye 22 Aug 2015 14:11 #13

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20376
  • Likes received: 7951
At first I have to admit that I was quite shocked at your comments, Orangeaid.

Less because of the character assassination, than because of the lack of understanding.

Thus I would like to ask all commentators to stick to one subject

I saw the curvature of the earth with the naked eye

instead of mixing various topics, for this always leads to a mess and to wrought-up emotions,
at least according to what I have to experience since more than a year now, right from the
moment when I started the thread on concave earth theory and Johannes Lang's findings.




Orangeaid wrote:
Yes Pfiz. Disingenuous. You've put a line over the horizon as seen from concorde at 60 000 feet to cover up the curved horizon because you don't believe the earth is an otb.


How can you "cover up the curved horizon" with a thin straight line?

How come you believe I "don't believe the earth is an otb"?

Of course the earth is (almost) round like a globe, a sphere, an orb!




Orangeaid wrote:
The photo shows the horizon is curved

In reality - my reality of course - it doesn't, I don't see it with the naked eye.
That's the reason why I put it to the test.
A straight line would not exactly match, if there was a curvature, as it clearly does.
Try it by yourself. It's simple. I only have basic photoshop skills and could do it.
All I did was draw a straight line and correct the inclination of the slightly (4%) tilted photo.



Orangeaid wrote:
Countless people have talked about what they saw out the window of the plane. .. including the pilots. Have you read the hundreds / thousands of eye witness testimonies of people who flew on concorde?


Please let's stick to the topic - I saw - and not divert to hearsay and msm testimonies.
I read the comments on the websites Novum posted above.
The opinions vary widely, even among pilots and passengers who flew on concorde planes.


You surely know what a 360 degree panorama photo is.
So how is your description of what you saw from earth (beach, open ocean, mountain, high building) compatible with the 360 degree panoramic views below?
I only want to know and understand how you are able to reconcile your perception of a curvature with those pictures.




360 degree panoramic view from Mount Everest - By Frog: truth-zone.net/forum/science-and-physics/63418-hollow-world-theory-inner-world-cosmos-skyscentrism-we-live-in-the-concave-earth.html?start=180#124191



Lichtenstein 360 degree panorama



360 degree panorama from the observation tower at Shark Valley, Everglades.



A 360 degree panorama of Seattle from the Space Needle




Thanks for sticking to the topic and for decent, civilized contributions.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 22 Aug 2015 14:53 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

POLL: I saw the curvature of the earth with the naked eye 26 Aug 2015 17:17 #14

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20376
  • Likes received: 7951
Frog wrote:
(...) Why do NASA like to use wide angle lenses all the time and why do they like to frame shots through portholes?

Why do you so readily accept certain values as undeniable when the fundamentals of the physics are based on principles that the science community admit are unknown and not understood? That seems to be conforming to dogma and anything but free thinking to me. :conf:

The image you posted of the curvature of the earth from a mountain is through a wide angles lens and yet you claim it;s not. Did you read the PDF I posted about the curvature, altitude and optics etc.? Clearly all these people claiming to see the curvature from inside an commercial air liner haven't read it. :emb:

Source: truth-zone.net/forum/science-and-physics/64193-the-universal-thread-for-any-science-theories-new-ideas-from-all-free-thinkers.html?start=20#124668


Frog wrote:
Here's a PDF which explains visual discernment of the earth's curvature including discussion about distortion. Download Link for PDF
David K. Lynch
Thule Scientific, P.O. Box 953, Topanga, California 90290, USA
(This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.)
Received 9 April 2008; accepted 28 April 2008;
posted 1 May 2008 (Doc. ID 94635); published 25 July 2008

Reports and photographs claiming that visual observers can detect the curvature of the Earth from high
mountains or high-flying commercial aircraft are investigated. Visual daytime observations show that
the minimum altitude at which curvature of the horizon can be detected is at or slightly below 35; 000 ft,
providing that the field of view is wide (60°) and nearly cloud free. The high-elevation horizon is almost as
sharp as the sea-level horizon, but its contrast is less than 10% that of the sea-level horizon. Photographs
purporting to show the curvature of the Earth are always suspect because virtually all camera lenses
project an image that suffers from barrel distortion. To accurately assess curvature from a photograph,
the horizon must be placed precisely in the center of the image, i.e., on the optical axis. © 2008 Optical
Society of America
OCIS codes: 010.7295, 000.2060, 000.2700, 010.1290.


1. Introduction

The health of the eye seems to demand a horizon. We are never tired, so long as we can see far enough.—
Ralph Waldo Emerson [1]
The first direct visual detection of the curvature of the horizon has been widely attributed to Auguste
Piccard and Paul Kipfer on 27 May 1931 [2]. They reported seeing it from a hydrogen-filled balloon at
an elevation of 15; 787m (51; 783 ft) over Germany and Austria. On 11 November 1935, Albert W.
Stevens and Orville A. Anderson became the first people to photograph the curvature [3]. They were
flying in the helium-filled Explorer II balloon during a record-breaking flight to an altitude of 22; 066m
(72; 395 ft) over South Dakota. Other claims have been made as to being the first to see the curvature
of the Earth, but they seem to have come long after visual curvature had been established [4].
Since that time, countless people have claimed to be able to discern the curvature of the Earth as an
upwardly arched horizon from high mountains or commercial aircraft. Some claim to see it from sea level
or relatively low elevations [5]. We know that if we get high enough (i.e., from space), the curvature
of the Earth is evident, but commercial aircraft seldom exceed altitudes of 40; 000 ft (1 ft ¼ 0:3048 m).
Interviews with pilots and high-elevation travelers revealed that few if any could detect curvature below
about 50; 000 ft. High-altitude physicist and experienced sky observer David Gutierrez [6] reported that
as his B-57 ascends, the curvature of the horizon does not become readily sensible until about 50; 000 ft and
that at 60; 000 ft the curvature is obvious. Having talked to many other high fliers (SR-71, U2, etc.),
Gutierrez confirms that his sense of the curvature is the same as theirs. Passengers on the Concorde
(60; 000 ft) routinely marveled at the curvature of the Earth. Gutierrez believes that if the field of view
(FOV) is wide enough, it might be possible to detect curvature from lower altitudes. The author has also
talked to many commercial pilots, and they report that from elevations around 35; 000 ft, they cannot
see the curvature.

When trying to understand the perception of a curved horizon, two issues must be kept in mind.
First, a large fraction of people wear eye glasses. Eye glasses produce a variety of distortions when
the observer is not looking through the center part of the lens. Second, above the altitude of Mt. Everest,
no observer can look directly at the horizon—he must look through a window or canopy. Planeparallel
windows like those on most aircraft will not render a flat horizon curved, but a curved window
or canopy will.

Read PDF Document...


Source: truth-zone.net/forum/science-and-physics/63418-hollow-world-theory-inner-world-cosmos-skyscentrism-we-live-in-the-concave-earth.html?start=200#124396



5. Summary and Conclusions


In view of the agreement between the visual observations,
measurements of the photographs, and the theoretical
curvatures, it seems well established that the curvature
of the Earth is reasonably well understood and can be
measured from photographs. The threshold elevation for
detecting curvature would seem to be somewhat less than
35,000 ft but not as low as 14,000 ft. Photographically,
curvature may be measurable as low as 20,000 ft.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 26 Aug 2015 17:29 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

POLL: I saw the curvature of the earth with the naked eye 26 Aug 2015 17:54 #15

  • Lizzy
  • Lizzy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • Posts: 4995
  • Likes received: 3035
phiz - your pics are so much crap - any idiot knows one couldn't see the curvature through cloud cover.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

POLL: I saw the curvature of the earth with the naked eye 02 Sep 2015 11:51 #16

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20376
  • Likes received: 7951
Isn't the "cloud cover" necessarily convex, according to your perception?
If not, what shape is it then?
And above all: Why?


Speaking about pics ....


expand

Source: # 84 ff



The closest to "I saw" is this:


rodin wrote:
1 I have flown half way around the world, you can SEE the curve from 30,000 feet

Source: # 230
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 02 Sep 2015 16:45 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

POLL: I saw the curvature of the earth with the naked eye 02 Sep 2015 14:09 #17

PFIZ, the Earth is so vast, and the curvature so slight, which means you don't really perceive any curvature at ground level with the naked eye. You are aware that when big structures are built i.e long bridges, that engineers have to take curvature into account, right? They have specialized engineering and surveying tools that measure things like curvature and refraction. Look it up. :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Last Edit: 02 Sep 2015 15:42 by Return of Zorro.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: irongate

POLL: I saw the curvature of the earth with the naked eye 02 Sep 2015 15:57 #18

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20376
  • Likes received: 7951
Zorro wrote:
you don't really perceive any curvature at ground level with the naked eye

Hi, Zorro :)
Would you please kindly help me to get this straight and avoid misunderstandings?
Are you saying you changed your mind?
Didn't you state several times that you saw the convex curvature with the naked eye?


Zorro wrote:
Go down to the seaside where you can clearly witness the curvature of the Earth with a few very basic and simple tests yourself.
truth-zone.net/forum/general-discussion/65770-flat-earth.html?start=80#174555

Zorro wrote:
There is an unquestionable consistant curvature on the Ocean surface however, and NOBODY is going to tell me any different with 100's of hours of sailing time and sea going experience behind me.
truth-zone.net/forum/general-discussion/65770-flat-earth.html?start=80#175009

Zorro wrote:
About the simplest and best method of debunking this flat Earth stupidity is to cite the patently obvious curvature that exists on any stretch of open water.

Water will always sit level under normal circumstances i.e not a fucking water fall or flowing river. That's how a spirit level works, and how engineers and builders are able to build straight structures without them looking like the local pikey's have slapped them together after 15 pints of Guinness.
Last sentence reminds me of the above pic ;)
truth-zone.net/forum/general-discussion/65770-flat-earth.html?start=180#176539



Re spirit levels: Did you watch the Rectilineator Experiment?
It's based on spirit levels, among other exact measuring instruments.



Zorro wrote:
You can see the Alps from the Pyrenees with the naked eye on a clear day apparently, which is 237 miles (381 km) away!
truth-zone.net/forum/general-discussion/65770-flat-earth.html?start=60#174323


If I got this right, the curvature/angle divergence (based on data given to us for convex earth circumference and radius)
is 3.429° on a distance of 237 miles (381 km)
and I guess this aberration is not really big enough to be visibile with the naked eye, as you know.

"Atmospheric mist" is indeed limiting the range of view, depending on current conditions including dust, fume, smoke,
fog (absolute humidity) ... even on a seemingly clear day, taking the huge distances into account.


Altitude - Limite de vision
1,70 m - 4,7 km => a 1,80 m (5.91 ft) tall man can see about 5 km (3.11 miles)
3,00 m - 6,2 km
10 m - 11,3 km
50 m - 25,4 km
75 m - 31,1 km
100 m - 36,0 km
250 m - 56,9 km
500 m - 80,4 km
750 m - 98,5 km
1 km - 113 km
1,5 km - 139 km
2 km - 160 km
3 km - 197 km
4 km - 227 km

According to mainstream: fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courbure_terrestre
Sorry, did not find it in English there.

The Peak Pico del Aneto
Elevation 3,404 m (11,168 ft)

How come this discrepancy that you can see the Alps, which are, according to the picture you posted, 381 km away?

expand
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 02 Sep 2015 17:07 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

POLL: I saw the curvature of the earth with the naked eye 02 Sep 2015 17:24 #19

PFIZ I clearly said witness, which is not something you necessarily see with the naked eye. It should be patently obvious what I meant. I wasn't saying it's something you see by looking out of your bedroom window. The curvature of the Earth is witnessed by taking note and witnessing certain unquestionable phenomena. Obviously you can't see the curvature with the naked eye from ground level because of the sheer scale of the Earth. You have to be at a certain altitude to witness any perceivable curvature with the naked eye, which is also minimal too.. but more perceptible with the naked eye. Witnessing something and seeing something with the naked eye are not necessarily the same two things.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Last Edit: 02 Sep 2015 17:27 by Return of Zorro.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

POLL: I saw the curvature of the earth with the naked eye 02 Sep 2015 20:47 #20

  • rodin
  • rodin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Spam Killer
  • BELIEF IS THE ENEMY OF TRUTH
  • Posts: 4862
  • Likes received: 1818
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
Re spirit levels: Did you watch the Rectilineator Experiment?
It's based on spirit levels, among other exact measuring instruments.

Have YOU ever used a spirit level?

There is NO SUCH THING as an "exact" measuring instrument, yet the rectum linear expt, with it's inescapable COMPOUND ERROR, found the EXACT diameter of the Earth.....
To understand who rules over you look to whom you tube can't criticise

The media isn't there to cover the news
It's there to cover the news up

All establishment lies pass through three stages
First, they are accepted as being self evident
Second, they are exposed by diligent research
Third, they are enforced

"Communism is the bloodiest, most difficult and the most terrible way from capitalism to capitalism" from Under the Sign of the Scorpion by Juri Lina
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
Hollow Earth Poll10.6Wednesday, 12 June 2019
The Naked Prey8.25Monday, 14 May 2018
Earth after the shift ..... Earth Changes ...... Magnetic Poles Changes ..... Present and Eventual Futures7.27Friday, 24 October 2014
How to add a Poll5.8Sunday, 01 May 2016
GAY ADOPTION POLL5.74Wednesday, 21 September 2016
POLL has vanished5.74Saturday, 05 August 2017
POLL: Should women have the right to vote?5.67Thursday, 02 November 2017
POLL - Reinstate wiikkidd - Yes or No?5.67Friday, 02 November 2018
[POLL] Who should replace Zorro as new TZ mod?5.67Thursday, 07 February 2019
POLL - Reinstate Cousin_Frothy - Yes or No?5.67Friday, 05 October 2018
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare
Powered by Kunena Forum

Annual Server Target

Whether its 50 cents or five dollars, your donations are appreciated and help keep this community site running so we can all continue to enjoy using it. Secure transactions via paypal.
This target is to meet our server cost for one year, June 2020 - May 2021, in USD.
$ 340 - Target
( £ 255 GBP )
donation thermometer
donation thermometer
$ 70 - Raised
( £ 53 GBP )
donation thermometer
21%
Most Recent Donation $50 USD
28th August 2020

No one is obliged to donate, please only donate what you can afford. Even the smallest amount helps. Being an active member is a positive contribution. Thank You.