Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Artificial Intelligence - Robots replacing human workers... it has begun.

Artificial Intelligence - Robots replacing human workers... it has begun. 21 Nov 2017 16:51 #41

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
It's not just Google and Tesla: Walmart is quietly testing a self-driving vehicle, but this one scrubs floors
Chip Cutter - 20 November 2017

“Retailers are looking for opportunities to automate processes and stop paying people,” said (((Richard A. Feinberg))), a professor of consumer sciences and retailing at Purdue University, who predicts automation will ripple through the retail industry over the coming years, touching everyone from delivery people to cashiers.

He said Walmart deserves credit for being willing to test and learn from new technology, and added it’s unclear if its experiment with the robotic cleaning machinery would ultimately cost jobs or affect workers’ hours.

“It changes the nature of the jobs; it may not mean fewer jobs, it may mean they can retrain the people to do things that are more useful for them, business wise,” he said. “It wouldn’t surprise me if it reduces headcount, but I don’t know.”
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Artificial Intelligence - Robots replacing human workers... it has begun. 21 Nov 2017 17:33 #42

• bd
  • Silver Member
  • bikerdruid
Gaia wrote:
It's not just Google and Tesla: Walmart is quietly testing a self-driving vehicle, but this one scrubs floors
Chip Cutter - 20 November 2017

“Retailers are looking for opportunities to automate processes and stop paying people,” said (((Richard A. Feinberg))), a professor of consumer sciences and retailing at Purdue University, who predicts automation will ripple through the retail industry over the coming years, touching everyone from delivery people to cashiers.

He said Walmart deserves credit for being willing to test and learn from new technology, and added it’s unclear if its experiment with the robotic cleaning machinery would ultimately cost jobs or affect workers’ hours.

“It changes the nature of the jobs; it may not mean fewer jobs, it may mean they can retrain the people to do things that are more useful for them, business wise,” he said. “It wouldn’t surprise me if it reduces headcount, but I don’t know.”

Although not AI, but robotics have been used in manufacturing for decades.
Many manufacturing jobs have been eliminated by automation.
This is nothing new(except the AI bit)
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need."

Artificial Intelligence - Robots replacing human workers... it has begun. 15 Sep 2018 23:14 #43

• Roastie
  • Silver Member
“The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie." Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Artificial Intelligence - Robots replacing human workers... it has begun. 12 Oct 2018 11:42 #44

• Flare
You Remember When You Were Impressed by Robot Dogs Opening Doors?

Andrew Anglin
Daily Stormer
October 12, 2018

It was only eight months ago that we were all so impressed by Boston Dynamics’ robot dogs opening doors.

In their latest video, you’ve got one of their bipedal upright robots doing parkour.

This progress is certainly not going to be slowing down any time soon.

To just put this in a little bit of perspective, ten years ago, the best selling smartphone looked like this:

And a decade before that…

Twenty years ago, video games looked like this:

And 30 years ago…

So it is very, very clear that these new technologies develop very, very rapidly. Especially when there is a consumer drive behind development. And that Boston Dynamics robot is looking like it will be good for something commercial pretty soon.

What will these robots look like in 10, 20 or 30 years?

I believe that in my lifetime, I will interact with robots who are completely indistinguishable from human beings. Westworld style.

The military is going to start pouring more billions into this very soon, and I think in ten years, we will be seeing the capacity for what we saw in the 2014 remake of Robocop, where they sent robots to occupy Iran.

Horrible movie, but this is a very, very good scene, as it is pretty much exactly what I picture this will look like in the pretty near future (hopefully not in Iran).

We should be having an open dialog as a society about what this all means for humans. Because there are a lot of other technologies being developed alongside robots – including human neural interfaces and human genetic engineering technologies – that are, together, going to make up quite the situation for humans.

It is a shame we’re not discussing this, and are instead fixated on gender pronouns and microaggressions.

dailystormer.name/you-remember-when-you-were-impressed-by-robot-dogs-opening-doors/
"Freedom is not a measure of good, but good is the measure of freedom." - Bishop Williamson

ww2truth.com/

Artificial Intelligence - Robots replacing human workers... it has begun. 31 Mar 2019 03:36 #45

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Your job down at the new warehouse has been taken by a robot.

Never late for work, never takes a smoke break, never argues with the baws....

I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352

Artificial Intelligence - Robots replacing human workers... it has begun. 30 May 2019 13:08 #46

• Flare
Good News! Bankers Will be Replaced by Robots Soon!

Roy Batty
Daily Stormer
May 30, 2019

Pepper appears to be the standard go-to robot model.

The Ford Model T of robots, as it were.

Sun-Sentinel:

Don’t be afraid, but a robot is being deployed to serve you at one of the world’s largest banks.

Its name is Pepper. It’s a humanoid robot with a tablet for a chest and wheels that let it get around on its own. It’s shiny and cute. It has arms and it has hands that it can tighten into a fist.

But it doesn’t want to hurt you or take anyone’s job, say officials of HSBC Bank, where Pepper is being put to work.

I’ve heard that one before.

They said the same thing about those self-service kiosks at McDonald’s.

And now try to find a McDonald’s without a poo-encrusted touch screen kiosk in a major city!

Beginning Thursday, Pepper will greet customers at HSBC Bank’s Brickell branch in Miami, and later, possibly other locations throughout Florida, according to bank officials. Pepper’s Miami launch will be the fourth for the bank, following launches at branches on Fifth Avenue in New York City last summer, and in Seattle and Beverly Hills this past spring.

SoftBank has deployed more than 15,000 Peppers across the globe since 2014, mostly to Asia — where they can be found in retail stores, restaurants, schools and banks — and Europe, where, among other functions, they greet visitors at museums, libraries and auto dealerships, Dawson said.

So far in the U.S., more than 250 of the robots have been introduced, including to companies that aren’t ready to be identified, Dawson said. While some hotels have deployed them, SoftBank is narrowing its marketing focus to retail and retail banking uses, Dawson said. The company makes a separate robot, NAO, for use in schools.

Dawson stressed that the company’s robots are built to provide information, not perform physical labor like stocking shelves or folding clothes. And sorry, Pepper can’t bring you a cold drink. And that’s good for human workers.

“We want automation that assists the workforce, not replaces it,” Dawson said.

I don’t think anyone is going to cry about bankers losing their jobs, but clearly, people need to start asking questions about this whole robot situation.

On the lower end of the skills spectrum, you’ve got the low-wage brown immigrants that are pouring into the United States because Donald Trump thinks it’s 1918 and that we need huge masses of unskilled laborers to work in the factories producing steel and tins of canned meat.

And now, on the other end of the spectrum, you’ve got these robots…

You can see where I’m going with this, but most normies can’t. Bringing up automation short-circuits their brains the same way that talk of whether those six million Jews were really shoved into ovens in Poland does. This huge revolutionary thing – automation – is right around the corner, and literally no one but Tucker Carlson is even willing to bring it up in the public discourse.

You’ve got simultaneous de-industrialization, automation and Third World migration to contend with in the coming years.

…so what is the future going to look like?

You don’t even have any good near-future fiction out there trying to predict the period in-between now and the collapse. Basically, what cyberpunk was trying to do in the 80s has fallen out of vogue. If people write about the future, they usually skip ahead to post-collapse times or all the way to space opera fantasy.

All you have is Black Mirror and Tucker Carlson, and the former is more of a Twilight Zone horror thing than the sort of sober sci-fi take that I would like.

We’re just barreling into the 2020s totally blind here.

dailystormer.name/good-news-bankers-will-be-replaced-by-robots-soon/
"Freedom is not a measure of good, but good is the measure of freedom." - Bishop Williamson

ww2truth.com/
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare