Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: People who remember every second of their life - Total recall

People who remember every second of their life - Total recall 04 Nov 2018 01:04 #1

• Flare
Is this for real...?! :twitch:

Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

People who remember every second of their life - Total recall 04 Nov 2018 21:47 #2

• novum
  • Platinum Member
That was on TV here years ago.

Looks like sixty minutes is recycling the story with a do-over.

I wonder why youtube is pimping it, ive noticed it coming up as suggested.... must be channel 9 paying youtube to get views. :chuckle: :facepalm:
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Last Edit: 04 Nov 2018 21:54 by novum.

People who remember every second of their life - Total recall 02 Feb 2019 22:17 #3

• bogdan9310
Why would you not remember your whole life? I do, just not all at once. Everything you see, gets stored in there, and it's just the skill to retrieve the information that we lack.

People who remember every second of their life - Total recall 04 Feb 2019 22:21 #4

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Flare wrote:
Is this for real...?! :twitch:

But what was Marylou Henner doing before she became, "Marylou Henner"? That to me, would be the true test of "total recall"? What were you doing before you forgot what you were doing, is the question to end all questions on the topic of recall.

I am not trying to make less of the OP, I think it's great one can remember everything in their mortal life down to the last minuet detail, but is that all there is, is that the ultimate one can be cognisent of?

Did you know in early Christanity the idea of pre-existance (google it) was widely known all the way up to 553AD before it was declared heresy?
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu

People who remember every second of their life - Total recall 05 Feb 2019 14:52 #5

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 72, right winger, Christian, English
I think we all remember a string of notable events in our lives, for example I still carry a 67-year-old image in my mind of my mother breastfeeding my baby sister when I was three years old, that's the oldest image stored on the hard drive of my memory..:)
What's TZ members earliest memory?
Last Edit: 05 Feb 2019 14:52 by Ugh.

People who remember every second of their life - Total recall 05 Feb 2019 23:05 #6

• peacenik
  • Immortal
bogdan9310 wrote:
Why would you not remember your whole life? I do, just not all at once. Everything you see, gets stored in there, and it's just the skill to retrieve the information that we lack.

I believe this to be true. I also believe there was in the past, a way to retrieve that information that is stored?
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu

People who remember every second of their life - Total recall 05 Feb 2019 23:17 #7

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
..Did you know in early Christanity the idea of pre-existance (google it) was widely known all the way up to 553AD before it was declared heresy?

WIKI- Pre-existence, preexistence, beforelife, or premortal existence refers to the belief that each individual human soul existed before mortal conception, and at some point before birth enters or is placed into the body...but it is generally denied in Christianity.

Wiki is slightly off the mark there, because most Christians DO think the soul is immortal and has always existed before we were born and will continue to exist after we die.
But what most Christians DON'T believe is that the soul gets re-cycled into a new body when the old one dies (reincarnation), simply because nowhere in the Bible does it say that's what happens...:)
Last Edit: 05 Feb 2019 23:18 by Ugh.

People who remember every second of their life - Total recall 06 Feb 2019 01:59 #8

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:
..Did you know in early Christanity the idea of pre-existance (google it) was widely known all the way up to 553AD before it was declared heresy?

WIKI- Pre-existence, preexistence, beforelife, or premortal existence refers to the belief that each individual human soul existed before mortal conception, and at some point before birth enters or is placed into the body...but it is generally denied in Christianity.

Wiki is slightly off the mark there, because most Christians DO think the soul is immortal and has always existed before we were born and will continue to exist after we die.
But what most Christians DON'T believe is that the soul gets re-cycled into a new body when the old one dies (reincarnation), simply because nowhere in the Bible does it say that's what happens...:)

If you are going to attempt to say, something is not true because it's not mentioned in the Bible, I really don't know what to tell you?

You just got through validating what Wiki has to say about early Christanity but then you reject it because it's not mentioned in the Bible.

People who remember every second of their life - Total recall 06 Feb 2019 04:09 #9

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
If you are going to attempt to say, something is not true because it's not mentioned in the Bible, I really don't know what to tell you?
You just got through validating what Wiki has to say about early Christanity but then you reject it because it's not mentioned in the Bible.

Sorry mate, let me clarify- Jesus said "Father, you loved me before the creation of the world", which suggests souls really are immortal, and they're popped into human bodies here on earth like Jesus was, one time only.
Then when our bodies die, we go to that great gated community in the sky, there's absolutely nothing in the Bible that says we're born into a new body.
I don't know where the idea of reincarnation came from, but it certainly wasn't from the Bible.
Last Edit: 06 Feb 2019 04:09 by Ugh.

People who remember every second of their life - Total recall 06 Feb 2019 06:10 #10

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:

which suggests souls really are immortal,

So you agree, we are immortal?

"Immortal" means, "Ever lasting", "living forever", "without beginning or end". So, if you are immortal, why don't you remember it?

You see, that's the point I was making in the beginning of this thread, one should be able to recall being alive prior to mortal existance if one were indeed, immortal?

The early Christians solved this dilemma with the idea of pre-existance. "Pre-existance" is the state of knowing what you were doing prior to your current existance.

So, my point is, it would be ludicrous to think one has "total recall" if all one can do is remember every detail of their mortal life, only.
Last Edit: 06 Feb 2019 06:18 by peacenik.

People who remember every second of their life - Total recall 06 Feb 2019 15:24 #11

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
..one should be able to recall being alive prior to mortal existance if one were indeed, immortal?

Do you remember being alive as a "soul" before you were in a mortal body? What was it like?
Last Edit: 06 Feb 2019 15:25 by Ugh.

People who remember every second of their life - Total recall 06 Feb 2019 21:10 #12

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:
..one should be able to recall being alive prior to mortal existance if one were indeed, immortal?

Do you remember being alive as a "soul" before you were in a mortal body? What was it like?

I remember some, definitely not all, but enough to know with certainty I am an immortal being.
Last Edit: 06 Feb 2019 21:11 by peacenik.

People who remember every second of their life - Total recall 07 Feb 2019 13:16 #13

• bogdan9310
peacenik wrote:
bogdan9310 wrote:

I believe this to be true. I also believe there was in the past, a way to retrieve that information that is stored?

I think you need to focus on specifics: time period, symbols, feelings, thoughts. And if you do that, you can unbury "lost" information.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare