Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Order of the Rising Sun

Order of the Rising Sun 26 Jun 2019 23:22 #21

• Ghost Dog
  • Fresh Member
Uncle Sam's on Mars
& Quark,Strangeness & Charm.

Robert was born in Pretoria, South Africa and moved with his parents to England when he was two. He attended school in London and Margate. Having finished school Calvert joined The Air Training Corps, where he became a corporal and played the trumpet for the 438 squadron band. He then went on to college in Canterbury and the Street Theatre group, Dada Nihilismus.
The Prophecy - Questioning the Kids.

In June 1944 during World War II the then heavily-defended town was the site of a three-week battle when the 77th Chindit Brigade under Brigadier Michael Calvert, later assisted by Chinese forces of Generalissimo Chiang Kai-shek, fought-for and captured Mogaung from the occupying forces of Imperial Japan. James Michael Calvert (6 March 1913 – 26 November 1998) was a British soldier involved in special operations in Burma during the Second World War. He participated in both Chindit operations and was instrumental in popularizing the unorthodox ideas of General Orde Wingate. He frequently led attacks from the front, a practice that earned him the nickname amongst the men under his command of "Mad Mike." Calvert commanded the 77th Indian Infantry Brigade in Operation Thursday. On 17 March he led a bayonet charge against Japanese positions shielded by a sunken road and a steep hill crowned with a pagoda. In March 1945 he was appointed to command the Special Air Service Brigade. After the war, he attended the Army's Staff College.

Brigadier Calvert, third from left, with Orde Wingate and other Chindits at the Broadway.

Kachin State is the northernmost state of Myanmar. It is bordered by China to the north and east (Tibet and Yunnan); Shan State to the south; and Sagaing Region and India to the west. The area of the Shan Highland is a combination of hill ranges, steep river valleys and a few elevated plains, also known as the Shan Plateau. The area is the primary source of Myanmar's sapphires, rubies and other gems, for which the country is famous; it is also a principal source of lead, silver and zinc - Laid down: 12 September 1942 German submarine U-317 was depth charged and sunk northeast of the Shetlands by a B-24 of No. 86 Squadron RAF. In July 1944 the Squadron return to Scotland, where it remained for the rest of the war - Calvados is distilled from cider made from specially grown and selected apple orchards, and brewers are mentioned as far back as the 8th century by Charlemagne. Cal seeks work in her family's Protestant home. Initially he works as a hand on their farm, and later moves into a small cottage on their land.
A friend lent me shades.So I could hide my eyes that day. Was a snowy day. redshed.co.uk/tech-reviews/best-spy-glasses/
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Order of the Rising Sun 26 Jun 2019 23:22 #22

• Ghost Dog
  • Fresh Member
Ruby in the Smoke.

Sally Lockhart.

In the course of her investigation she uncovers her father's connections to the opium trade, the Indian Mutiny, and a cursed ruby.

One must not let oneself be overwhelmed by sadeness.

A ruby is a pink to blood-red colored gemstone, a variety of the mineral corundum (aluminium oxide). Other varieties of gem-quality corundum are called sapphires. Ruby is one of the traditional cardinal gems, together with amethyst, sapphire, emerald, and diamond. Some gemstones that are popularly or historically called rubies, such as the Black Prince's Ruby in the British Imperial State Crown, are actually spinels. The world's most valuable ruby is the Sunrise Ruby.
Pursuit of the ruby BBC

Jack Ruby was born Jacob Leon Rubenstein, on April 25, 1911, in the Maxwell Street area of Chicago as the son of Joseph Rubenstein and Fannie Turek Rutkowski (or Rokowsky), both Polish-born Orthodox Jews from Sokołów - Ruby was the 5th of his parents' 10 surviving children. While he was growing up, his parents were often violent towards each other and regularly temporarily separated; Ruby's mother was eventually committed to a mental hospital. Ruby was nicknamed "Sparky" by those who knew him. He was drafted in 1943 and served in the U.S. Army Air Forces during World War II. In 1947, Ruby moved to Dallas where he and his brothers soon afterward shortened their surnames from Rubenstein to Ruby.
A friend lent me shades.So I could hide my eyes that day. Was a snowy day. redshed.co.uk/tech-reviews/best-spy-glasses/
Last Edit: 26 Jun 2019 23:28 by Ghost Dog.

Order of the Rising Sun 02 Jul 2019 00:19 #23

• Ghost Dog
  • Fresh Member
Hakkō ichiu.

Long bow and accompanying 3-legged crow.

Emperor Jimmu (神武天皇 ) Born (13 February 711 BC ) was the first Emperor of Japan, according to legend. His accession is traditionally dated as 660 BC. According to Japanese mythology, he is a descendant of the sun goddess Amaterasu, through her grandson Ninigi, as well as a descendant of the storm god Susanoo, and of Tsukuyomi, the god of the Moon. According to the Kojiki, Jimmu died when he was 126 years old. The earliest forms of the tripedal crow have been found in China in Neolithic pottery of the Yangshao culture - The name "Brân" in Welsh is usually translated as crow or raven.
The Crow - 'Vengeance Is Mine'

The ancient Goguryo people thought that a 3-legged crow lived in the sun while a turtle lived in the moon - Ann George (5 March 1903 – 8 Sept ember 1989) was an English actress best known for her role in the TV soap opera Crossroads. She joined the cast in 1965 playing the cleaner Amy Turtle and a partridge in a pear tree. It has been reported that wood turtles are better than white rats at learning to navigate mazes, where the males have a hierarchical ranking system based on dominance through fighting. A group of turtles is known as a bale. Red-eared sliders are an example of a fully aquatic species in which the male performs a courtship behavior. If the water is too shallow to perform the refusal position, the females will resort to beaching themselves, which is a proven deterrent method, as the males will not follow them ashore. Like other reptiles, turtles lay eggs that are slightly soft and leathery, and in many cases, breed every few years rather than annually. Of the 3 56 known species alive today, some are highly endangered - Brands Hatch is a motor racing circuit in West Kingsdown, Kent, England.
Last Edit: 02 Jul 2019 00:26 by Ghost Dog.

Order of the Rising Sun 02 Jul 2019 00:20 #24

• Ghost Dog
  • Fresh Member
The Razor's Edge.
Col. Kurtz talks about the Snails & Assassins.

In mid-June, No. 10 Operational Group RAAF, under Air Commodore Frederick Scherger, was designated the controlling Allied air force unit for Operation Cyclone. MacArthur selected the 158th Regimental Combat Team, primarily units from the Arizona National Guard, US Army—commanded by Major General Edwin D. Patrick—to assault the island. The 8,000-strong invasion force – composed primarily of the 158th RCT and No. 62 Works Wing RAAF and 40-strong contingent of Dutch civil administration personnel. Allied air field repair and construction work by the RAAF and U.S.Army Engineers began on 2 July - The Razor's Edge by W. Somerset Maugham topped the New York Times Fiction Best Sellers list.

Invasion of Noemfoor, 1944 - M4 Sherman tanks and other vehicles disembarking.

The story begins through the eyes of Larry's friends and acquaintances as they witness his personality change after the War - Facing them were approximately 2,000 Japanese troops, mostly from the 219th Infantry Regiment as well as some from the 222nd Infantry Regiment, who had been in transit to Biak. The garrison was commanded by Colonel Suesada Shimizu, also CO of the 219th Regiment.At the beginning of July 1944, various kinds of Japanese aircraft were at the Noemfoor airfields. It appears that elements of 61° Hiko Sentai ("No. 61 Air Group/61st Flying Regiment") in particular, flying Mitsubishi Ki-21 ("Sally") bombers, were based at Kamiri - The novel's title comes from a translation of a verse in the Katha Upanishad, paraphrased in the book's epigraph as: "The sharp edge of a razor is difficult to pass over; thus the wise say the path to Salvation is hard.
Last Edit: 02 Jul 2019 00:27 by Ghost Dog.

Order of the Rising Sun 02 Jul 2019 19:07 #25

• Ghost Dog
  • Fresh Member
A Deadly State of Mind.
27 April 1975.

In the corridor psychiatrist, Dr Mark Collier meets his subordinate, Dr Anita Borden. She has noticed that some hypnosis-inducing drugs have gone missing from the lab, and hints broadly that she believes Collier is using them on Nadia to deepen her hypnotic state so he can write another book about the secrets of the mind. Collier furiously denies the claim and sends Dr Borden scurrying away to do more testing on lab rats as part of his research project. Speeding up the driveway in his Merc, Collier is forced to veer into the gatepost when a blind man and his dog walk across the top of the drive. The Order of the Dannebrog (Dannebrogordenen) is a Danish order of chivalry instituted in 1671 by Christian V. Until 1808, membership in the order was limited to fifty members of noble or royal rank who formed a single class known as White Knights to distinguish them from the Blue Knights who were members of the Order of the Elephant. An ancient lunatic reins In the trees of the night.
Dead man's shoes - I told him not to mention the elephant...

On 21 April 2019, Easter Sunday, 3 churches in Sri Lanka and 3 luxury hotels in the commercial capital Colombo were targeted in a series of coordinated terrorist suicide bombings. Later that day, there were smaller explosions at a housing complex in Dematagoda and a guest house in Dehiwala. 259(=16) people were killed, including at least 45 foreign nationals and 3 police officers, and at least 500 were injured. The victims included: Shantha Mayadunne, a Sri Lankan TV chef. Her daughter was also among the victims - A maternal grandson of Bangladeshi politician Sheikh Selim - 3 of the four children of the multi-billionaire Anders Holch Povlsen, CEO of Danish clothing retailer Bestseller founded in 1975 by Troels Holch Povlsen in Brande, Denmark. At the end of World War II, Ringkøbing was involved in the British testing of captured German V-weapons. British soldiers, including radar experts from the British Artillery Regiment, were stationed there in October 1945 to monitor the accuracy of weapons fired from a base in Cuxhaven, Lower Saxony, Germany.

Columbo and Co. are now investigating another death

and this one is also causing the Lieutenant some confusion.

Alma, Agnes, and Alfred were killed at the Shangri-La Hotel, Colombo during the Sri Lanka Easter bombings, when the family was on holiday there. Povlsen and his wife Merete Bech Povlsen live in Denmark. They have two sons Anders and Niels, both of whom work for the family company. In London, Troels owns 16 Queen Anne's Gate since 2006, as well as no. 34, home to St Stephen's Club, a private member's club. It runs parallel with Birdcage Walk to the north and Petty France, Broadway. Old Queen Street is home to many institutions, including the National Crime Agency and the European Council on Foreign Relations. Povlsen has bought land in Romania's Carpathian Mountains to create a wilderness reserve for the surviving wolves, bears and lynx. The northwestern Carpathians begin in Slovakia and southern Poland. They surround Transcarpathia and Transylvania in a large semicircle, sweeping towards the southeast, and end on the Danube near Orşova in Romania. Banaz Mahmod (16 December 1985 - 24 January 2006) was an Iraqi Kurdish Muslim woman who lived in Wimbledon, London and was murdered at age 20 on the orders of her family in an honour killing.
Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992) Oceans of Time to Find You HD.

Count Dracula is an undead, centuries-old vampire, and a Transylvanian nobleman who claims to be a Székely descended from Attila the Hun. He inhabits a decaying castle in the Carpathian Mountains near the Borgo Pass. Details of his early life are obscure, but it is mentioned "he was in life a most wonderful man. Soldier, statesman, and alchemist and lives for several centuries in his castle with 3 terrifyingly beautiful female vampires beside him - In 2014, he bought Aldourie Castle on the banks of Loch Ness for £15 million. He also bought the Eriboll estate in Sutherland. It lies on the east shore above the base of the Kyle of Tongue and north of the mountains Ben Hope and Ben Loyal on the A836. Its Norse name means Home on a gravel beach - A langue or tongue (lingua) was an administrative division of the Knights Hospitaller (also known as the Order of St. John of Jerusalem) - George refuses to believe the Lama's fantastic story and is supported by Maria.
Last Edit: 02 Jul 2019 23:16 by Ghost Dog.

Order of the Rising Sun 03 Jul 2019 17:15 #26

• Ghost Dog
  • Fresh Member
Bulles.
Michel Polnareff ~ Le Bal Des Laze.

Bubbles was born in early 1983 in an Austin, Texas, research facility that bred primates for animal testing. By 2003, like many captive chimpanzees, had matured into a large and aggressive adult chimp unsuitable as a companion animal, and was sent to a California animal trainer.
Michael Jackson - Leave Me Alone.

Bubbles frequently traveled with Jackson, during the Bad world tour, for example, in Japan, where they drank tea with the mayor of Osaka.
Svetlana & Greystoke: Legend of Tarzan (1984) Razor and Mirror HD.

Lucifer. Sitting in your basement. Sulking over your break up with the boss - Catoptromancy (Gk. κάτοπτρον, katoptron, "mirror," and μαντεία, manteia), is divination using a mirror - Your primary sensory intake that makes your dream live is seeing...In the movies, the mirror makes the amount of coke look shiny and larger. Cutting lines on a mirror is a part of the romantic, mystical ritual, which is why some people use a glass coffee table...Reflections... Mirrors... Images... I'm sure you've seen people in the movies lick their finger, pick up the remainder that's on the mirror, and rub it all over their gums that numbs instantly.. You've seen these films! Haven't you, my man?.From Chaplin to Charlie.. H Division covered an area of 1¼ square miles - Tarzan is an unincorporated community in Martin County, Texas, US.
Last Edit: 03 Jul 2019 17:16 by Ghost Dog.

Order of the Rising Sun 03 Jul 2019 21:07 #27

• Ghost Dog
  • Fresh Member
Three in the Attic.

The Barry family acquire a German Shepherd puppy after their old one dies in an accident. They buy the puppy from a seemingly friendly fruit vendor who is actually a Satanist who bred the dog during an evil ceremony, causing it to be possessed. So what is up with all this canine language associated with the summer, anyway? One explanation is that the hottest time of the year coincides with the rise of Sirius,the Dog Star, Canis major in the Orion constellation..Bonnie and Charlie starred in Disney's Witch Mountain duology.
Japs (1944) Trapped At Imphal.

The dog days of summer are the hot, sultry days of summer. They were historically the period following the heliacal rising of the star system Sirius, which Greek and Roman astrology connected with heat, drought, sudden thunderstorms, lethargy, fever, mad dogs, and bad luck. They are now taken to be the hottest, most uncomfortable part of summer in the Northern Hemisphere. On the British front to the east and north of Caen,the English, Canadians and Scots are progressing.
The Omen (1976) - Gregory Peck - Ruined Cemetry.

Paul Young was born in Edinburgh, the son of the actor John and was educated at George Heriot's School. Yet the Dog Days are usually between July 3-August 11, following soon after the Summer Solstice , and Sirius doesn’t actually rise until August 15th. In the Greco-Roman world, dogs were agents of health and death, the curing “hair of the dog” and the “hound of hell.” Aesclepius, the god of medicine, put great stock in the curative power of dogs..It is possible that the Roch, the legendary medieval patron saint of dogs celebrated by the Catholic Church on 16 August, owes some of his legacy to the dog days. Hitler’s strategy,according to which German soldiers must defend every inch of their territory until the supreme sacrifice, will push the British to employ the big means to facilitate their progress.

And the - carbon monoxide, what it does is..Seeing it from the air you can appreciate the architect.

U-154 was sunk by the US destroyers USS Inch and Frost northwest of Madeira - With substantial elements of Fourth Army still east of the city attempting to withdraw, the 2nd Guards Tank Corps broke through the defences of Minsk in the early hours of 3 July; fighting erupted in the centre of the city at dawn. The Japanese defeat at Kohima and Imphal were the largest up until that time. They had suffered 54,879 casualties, including 13,376 dead (plus 920 in Assam). Most of these losses were the result of starvation, disease and exhaustion. The Allies suffered 12,603 casualties. And those numbers look a lot better.. Over 381 days in combat, the 3rd Belorussian Front suffered 166,838 killed, 9,292 missing, and 667,297 wounded, sick, and frostbitten personnel while advancing from the region some 50 kilometers southeast of Vitebsk to Königsberg. Nérac is a commune in the Lot-et-Garonne department in south-western France..I've done the arithmetic. The economic considerations are not the only considerations, you see.
Last Edit: 03 Jul 2019 21:10 by Ghost Dog.

Order of the Rising Sun 04 Jul 2019 18:31 #28

• Ghost Dog
  • Fresh Member
Born on the Fourth of July.
36th Infanterie - Ron Is Shot (1989) HD.

I-10 conducted long-range operations in the Indian Ocean and the Pacific, using her seaplane to carry out reconnaissance on the harbours of Durban and Port Elizabeth and other locales, including Madagascar during 1942 - Memorial 1944 July 4 commemorates 3 people who were Executed at Huelgoat..

Confessions of a Nazi Spy - Builder: Kawasaki Yard, Kobe.

May I help you, Master Grayson?.David W. Taylor was launched 4 July 1942 by Gulf Shipbuilding Corporation, Chickasaw, Ala., sponsored by Mrs. Imogene Taylor Powell, daughter of RAdm Taylor - 1944 - Japanese submarine I-10 was sunk east of Saipan by destroyer USS David W. Taylor and destroyer escort USS Riddle.- The Minsk & Polotsk Offensive ended in Soviet victories - Johannes Frießner replaced Georg Lindemann as commander of Army Group North - In 1936, Lindemann was promoted to Generalmajor and given command of the 36th Infantry Division which took part in the Invasion of France. On 16 January 1942, Lindemann took the command of the 18th Army, a part of Army Group North - 1944 - Canadian casualties from Operation Windsor totalled 377, of which 127 men were killed , most on 4 July - 5 - Less than 1 mile (1.6 km) from the outskirts of Caen, the 8th Canadian Infantry Brigade posed a threat to German positions in the town.
Last Edit: 04 Jul 2019 18:52 by Ghost Dog.

Order of the Rising Sun 05 Jul 2019 18:45 #29

• Ghost Dog
  • Fresh Member
Gotta come down out of the clouds gentlemen.

Skate after the atomic bomb test.

1937 July 5 – Spam, the luncheon meat, is introduced into the market by the Hormel Foods Corporation - USS Skate (SS-305) was a United States Navy Balao-class submarine named for the skate, a type of ray, laid down at the Mare Island Naval Shipyard of Vallejo, California, 1 August 1942 and launched on 4 March 1943, sponsored by Mrs. Ethel L. Shamer, wife of Captain George P. Shamer, Supply Officer of the Mare Island Naval Shipyard and commissioned on 15 April with Commander Eugene B. McKinney in command - What are you after Pam? You want to fry me? You want my desk. Is that it?
Stingray - TV Series - intro Captain Troy Tempest.

Set in the 2060s, the series follows the exploits of the World Aquanaut Security Patrol (WASP) , a military organisation responsible for policing the Earth's oceans and can travel at up to 600 knots (1,100 km/h;690 mph and reach depths of over 36,000 feet - Skate departed Midway on 23 June on her 5th war patrol, conducted off the Kuril Islands - 1944 - On 5/7 July, she intercepted a convoy of 5 ships and escorting destroyers,fired 3 torpedoes, and sank the trailing destroyer, Usugumo (薄雲 ”Thin Clouds”) was the se7enth of 24 Fubuki-class destroyer, built for the Imperial Japanese Navy following World War I; she sank in 6 minutes, leaving 49 survivors from a crew of 316 - The Kriegsmarine lost 3 submarines (U-233, of her crew 32 were killed) ( U-390 and U-586) to enemy action (15 ETF) in a single day - The Soviets began the Belostock, Šiauliai & Vilnius Offensive - Operation Windsor ended in Allied victory - Geneviève Gabrielle Grad is a French actress. She played Nicole Cruchot, the daughter of Marshal Ludovic Cruchot in the first 3 films of the Gendarme of Saint-Tropez series from 1964 to 68 - To test the radical design, Northrop was given a contract to build 3 glider demonstrators, to designs from the Engineering Division of the USAAF Materiel Division - Leni Christina Elisabeth Björklund is a Swedish Social Democratic politician, and was reported for initiating military co-operation with the Islamist dictatorship of Saudi Arabia - On the American front, the troops of the 7th Corps fight painfully in the direction of Périers and La-Haye-du-Puits.
Last Edit: 05 Jul 2019 20:36 by Ghost Dog.

Order of the Rising Sun 06 Jul 2019 22:31 #30

• Ghost Dog
  • Fresh Member
Double Indemnity.

Diana Hope Rowden.

Born in England (31 January 1915) and was the daughter of Major Aldred Clement Rowden (British Army) and his wife, Muriel. When Germany invaded France in 1940 she volunteered to serve with the French Red Cross, being assigned to the Anglo-American Ambulance Unit - The Hartford fire occurred during an afternoon performance of the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus that was attended by 6,000 to 8,000 people - Winston Churchill gave a speech in the House of Commons about the V-1 campaign, revealing government figures that 2,752 had been killed and 8,000 injured by the flying bombs.
Tora! Tora!Torah! (1970).

Nagumo was born in the city of Yonezawa, Yamagata Prefecture in northern Japan in 1887. He graduated from the 36th class of the IJN Academy. His specialty was torpedo and destroyer tactics. Despite his limited experience, he was a strong advocate of combining sea and air power although he was opposed to Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto's plan to attack the U.S. Naval installation at Pearl Harbor. While commanding the First Air Fleet, Nagumo oversaw the attack on Pearl Harbor, but he was later criticized for his failure to launch a third attack, given his lack of familiarity with naval aviation, which might have destroyed the fuel oil storage and repair facilities. This could have rendered the most important U.S. naval base in the Pacific useless, especially as the use of the submarine base and intelligence station at the installation were critical factors in Japan's defeat.

Lacrobat - Whoops Apocalypse - Can we bring the tiger, sir?

By this time, he had visibly aged, physically and mentally. The Battle of Saipan began on 15 June 1944. The IJN, under Vice Admiral Jisaburō Ozawa, was overwhelmed within days by the U.S. 5th Fleet in the decisive Battle of the Philippine Sea, where Japan lost three fleet carriers and about 600 aircraft. Nagumo and his Army peer General Yoshitsugu Saito then were on their own to keep control of Saipan. On 6 July, Nagumo killed himself with a pistol to the temple rather than the traditional seppuku. His remains were recovered by the U.S. Marines in the cave where he spent his last days as the Japanese commander of Saipan. He was posthumously promoted to admiral and awarded the Grand Cordon of the Order of the Golden Kite, which is the military equivalent of the Order of the Paulownia Flowers; therefore, it could be considered analogous to the military division of the Order of the Bath in the UK. The badge depicts a golden kite, a messenger of the kami as described in the ancient Japanese chronicle Nihon Shoki, which helped Emperor Jimmu defeat his enemies in battle - Operation Ostra Brama (Sharp) Gate of Dawn) began, as part of a Polish national uprising, Operation Tempest - French General Charles de Gaulle arrives in Washington, D.C. - Rowden was a member of SOE's Acrobat circuit in occupied France during World War II where she operated as a courier until arrested by the Gestapo. She was subsequently executed at the Natzweiler-Struthof concentration camp - Andrée Borrel was a member of the SOE's Prosper circuit - The fire killed 167 people and more than 700 were injured - Live Long and Prosper.
Last Edit: 06 Jul 2019 22:36 by Ghost Dog.

Order of the Rising Sun 07 Jul 2019 19:17 #31

• Ghost Dog
  • Fresh Member
Bejeweled Wave.

Universal Pictures.

Andoheb, the aging High Priest of Arkam, has summoned Yousef Bey to the Temple of Arkam to pass on the duties of High Priest. Beforehand, Andoheb explains the legend of Kharis to Bey. Meanwhile, in Mapleton, Massachusetts, Professor Matthew Norman, who had examined one of Kharis' missing bandage pieces during the mummy's last spree through Mapleton, also explains the legends of the Priests of Arkam and Kharis to his history class, who are less than believing. After the lecture ends, one of the students, Tom Hervey, meets up with his girlfriend Amina Mansori, a beautiful woman of Egyptian descent. However, a strange, clouded feeling in her mind occurs whenever the subject of Egypt is mentioned.
The Mummy's Ghost (Reginald Le Borg, 1944) Trailer.

7 July 1937 – The Peel Commission Report recommends the partition of Palestine, which was the first formal recommendation for partition in the history of Palestine - After further training at Pearl Harbor, Mingo departed on her maiden war patrol on 25 June 1943. Her sixth war patrol, mostly reconnaissance duty, took place west of Borneo - 7 July 1944 - Heavy Japanese counter offensive on Sai pan - In 2008 Wilmut announced that he would abandon the technique of somatic cell nuclear transfer by which Dolly was created in favour of an alternative technique developed by Shinya Yamanaka. Regent of Hungary Miklós Horthy ordered a stop to the deportation of Jews from the country. Even so, the Nazis declared all of Hungary except for Budapest free of Jews. Japanese destroyer Tamanani 36 × depth charges was torpedoed and sunk with all hands, off Manila by the American submarine Mingo - German submarine U-678 was sunk in the English Channel by Allied warship - RAF Bomber Command drop 2,572 tons of bombs on Caen, France - Glenys Elizabeth Parry was born at Roade, Northamptonshire, and educated at Holyhead High School, Anglesey, for their £175-a-day allowance, in addition to their £70,000 salaries as MEPs.

Marlene Dietrich (1930).

Georges Mandel (Born 5 June 1885 Louis George Rothschild in Chatou, Yvelines) was a French journalist, politician, and French Resistance leader. On 4 July 1944, supposedly as a hostage. While being transferred from one prison to another, he was captured by the Milice, the paramilitary Vichy force. 3 days later, the Milice took Mandel to the Forest of Fontainebleau, where they executed him. He was buried at Passy Cemetery, in the 16th arrondissement of Paris, sheltered by a bower of chestnut trees, in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower - Erich Salomon (28 April 1886) was a German-born news photographer known for his pictures in the diplomatic and legal professions and the innovative methods he used to acquire them. Salomon and his family were held in the Westerbork transit camp, then for almost 5 months in Theresienstadt concentration camp and were deported from there to the Theresienstadt Family Camp in May 1944. He died in Auschwitz on 7 July 1944 - Anthony Jacklin CBE is a retired English golfer, and his first wife, Vivien, was from Belfast, Northern Ireland. 6 weeks after his first wife's death, Jacklin met a 16-year-old waitress named Donna Methven at a golf tournament in England. I was at my lowest ebb and Donna was a shoulder to cry on, which led to front-page headlines in British tabloid newspapers. In 1971, Jacklin said that he received death threats from a caller who also threatened to bomb his wife's family home in Belfast - 2005 – A series of 4 explosions occurs on London's transport system, killing 56 people, including 4 suicide bombers, and injuring over 700 others - A former convent girl from Newry, Maguire joined the IRA and in early 1989 she travelled to Europe as part of an IRA active service unit based in The Hague and Hanover. Oh, Donna, oh, Donna, and out.
Last Edit: 07 Jul 2019 19:20 by Ghost Dog.

Order of the Rising Sun 11 Jul 2019 23:28 #32

• Ghost Dog
  • Fresh Member
Battle of Aitape.
Gustav Holst - The Planets - Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity.

The new German Tiger II heavy tank saw frontline combat for the first time during the Normandy campaign.
Manhunter" (1986) Tiger Scene.

The Battle of Driniumor River, 10 July – 25 August 1944, was part of the Western New Guinea campaign of World War II. Japanese forces attacked US forces on the Driniumor River, near Aitape in New Guinea. The battle should not be confused with Operation Persecution, which included amphibious landings near Aitape in April, or the Aitape-Wewak campaign, which began in November.

US soldier points his pistol at a hole in a log while ordering (Sushi) a Japanese sniper concealed inside to surrender.

German submarine U-1222 was sunk west of La Rochelle by a Short Sunderland patrol bomber of No. 201 Squadrons RAF - The 12th Major League Baseball All-Star Game was played at Forbes Field in Pittsburgh. The National League beat the American League 7-1 - For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty near Anamo, New Guinea, on 11 July 1944. S/Sgt. Endl was at the head of the leading platoon of his company advancing along a jungle trail when enemy troops were encountered and a fire fight developed - At dusk, the 4th Battalion, Somerset Light Infantry of the 129th Infantry Brigade made a silent attack on the crest of Hill 112..
Last Edit: 11 Jul 2019 23:32 by Ghost Dog.

Order of the Rising Sun 15 Jul 2019 21:28 #33

• Ghost Dog
  • Fresh Member
Octopussy - Clown chase scene - Nihil nos effugit.

An ongoing theme in Lovecraft's work is the complete irrelevance of mankind in the face of the cosmic horrors that apparently exist in the universe, with Lovecraft constantly referring to the "Great Old Ones - No. 206 Squadron was formed on 31 December 1916 as No. 6 Squadron, Royal Naval Air Service, a fighter unit operating Nieuport 17s and later Sopwith Camels over the Western Front before disbanding on 27 August 1917 - It was renumbered as 47 Squadron on 1 February 1920. Flying ace Major (later Group Captain) Ernest Norton served in the squadron during World War I, as did Albert Gregory Waller. The squadron was reformed at RAF Manston from a flight of No. 48 Squadron on 15 June 1936 , with Avro Ansons as part of the new RAF Coastal Command. - You can't see the eyes of the demon, until him come callin'.
Hawkwind Damnation Alley.

You a fookin' Masonnnnnn? - The squadron attacked German submarines on 2 occasions in September, with no effect (the 100 lb (45 kg) anti-submarine bombs used by the RAF at the time were ineffective weaprons - one friendly-fire incident in December 1939 resulted in a direct hit on the conning tower of the British submarine HMS Snapper with the sole damage being 4 broken light bulbs) - Obon is a shortened form of Ullambana ( 于蘭盆會 or 盂蘭盆會, urabon'e), a Sanskrit meaning "hanging upside down", which implies great suffering - Snapper was obsessed; he was sure that the Freemasons were infiltrating the Regiment. It had become a killing joke – the troop had set up a 'lodge' in the Primeval Jangala, usually seen basking in the sun.
Les survivants de la fin du monde.

July 15 is the 196th day of the year - 1944, 30 villagers from Merizo were rounded up and sent to a cave in the Tinta area of Merizo, where 16 were killed by Japanese soldiers - Brother Victorin died in Montreal in a car accident..Noted American writer Jack Kerouac was his 5th cousin, once removed - Jan-Michael Vincent was born in Denver, Colorado, where his father was stationed after enlisting in the US Army in 1941 - German submarine U-319 was depth charged and sunk in the North Sea by a B-24 of No. 206 Squadron RAF. - Donald Mackay was born in Griffith and raised in Sydney. He and his family ran a furniture business in Griffith called Mackay's Furniture. His wife Barbara (1935–2001) was an active member of the Uniting Church in Griffith and was a part-time physiotherapist - On 15 July 1977, Mackay disappeared from a hotel car park after having drinks with friends and has never been found. Stains from his blood group were evident on his van and nearby, and his car keys were underneath the van.
The Silence Of The Lambs - Sofa Scene.

Nearby were drag marks, hair, and 3 spent .22 calibre cases. In 1984, the coroner ruled Mackay had died of "wilfully inflicted gunshot wounds". In July 2012, 35 years after his disappearance, the New South Wales police offered a $200,000 reward for information on the whereabouts of Mackay - Konstantin Aleksandrovich Fedin studied in Moscow and Germany and was interned there during World War I - By the time Millie Jackson was in her mid-teens, she had moved to Brooklyn to live with an aunt - Megumi Yokota was abducted on 15 November 1977 at the age of 13 while walking home from school in her seaside village in Niigata Prefecture - Bon Odori originates from the story of Maha Maudgalyayana (Mokuren), a disciple of the Buddha, who used his supernatural powers to look upon his deceased mother only to discover she had fallen into the Realm of Hungry Ghosts and was suffering - Hadith literature give expanded details and descriptions of Jahannam, and beside each post there was an angel carrying an iron mace. I saw therein many people hanging upside down with iron chains - They say you want to talk to me - Joseph Sadi-Lecointe, was active in the French Resistance, he died on 15 July 1944 as a result of being tortured while in prison. Put all hope out of your mind. Make the best of what we offer you, and you will suffer less than you deserve.
  • Page:
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare