Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Extraterrestrial real estate

Extraterrestrial real estate 18 Feb 2013 15:04 #1

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Extraterrestrial real estate is land on other planets or natural satellites or parts of space that is sold either through organisations or by individuals. Ownership of extraterrestrial real estate is not recognised by any authority.[1] Nevertheless, some private individuals and organisations have claimed ownership of celestial bodies, such as the Moon, and are actively involved in "selling" parts of them through certificates of ownership termed "Lunar deeds",[1] "Martian deeds" or similar. These "deeds" have no legal standing.[1]

^ wiki

And....

www.moonforsale.com/
I'm David J. Brenner — known around the Universe as "The Man Who Sold The Moon" — and you're about to discover how you can very easily afford to own a part of the breathtakingly beautiful Moon and become an out-of-this-world real estate magnate with your own lunar estate. This is a 100% genuine and perfectly legal process available to anyone, anywhere in the world.

Under international law, any individual who purchases a plot of land on the moon is legally allowed to use their land as they see fit — for hotels, mining, or even as their residence. A legal Deed and Title Certificate is issued to every plot of land owner, making this the ideal gift

:umm:

Saw a documentary about this subject recently, & that Brenner guy was featured in it. Apparently he's made four million dollars in the last couple of years alone....I'm definitely in the wrong job... :roll:
The pen is mightier than the sword
Last Edit: 18 Feb 2013 15:08 by diamondgeezer.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Black Cloud, cantata

Extraterrestrial real estate 18 Feb 2013 20:17 #2

• StarsChildren
:roll: hm... do i have to have a piece of paper that says i own a celestial body or can i just put something on ebay? :coffee:
I don't like to think before I speak.
I like to be just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

Extraterrestrial real estate 18 Feb 2013 20:29 #3

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
It'd be funny if they got to "their" planets that they "own", and aliens turned up, "yours you say? :bat: I think you'll find that it's ours"
User(s) who Liked this post: StarsChildren, cantata

Extraterrestrial real estate 18 Feb 2013 21:32 #4

• cantata
  • Silver Member
irrepressible wrote:
It'd be funny if they got to "their" planets that they "own", and aliens turned up, "yours you say? :bat: I think you'll find that it's ours"

Yeah.... a Race that actually stands up for itself and DOES something about the twonks. YaY Aliens! :thumbup:
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible

Extraterrestrial real estate 18 Feb 2013 21:37 #5

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
cantata wrote:
Yeah.... a Race that actually stands up for itself and DOES something about the twonks. YaY Aliens! :thumbup:

I'd love to witness it, a bunch of suits getting their arses kicked and turfed off their supposed "property" :chuckle: They'd buy and sell anything those people, it's so sad, the arrogance of them. It's ludicrous. I wonder if The Milky Way is for sale, pretty Galaxy :facepalm:
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Extraterrestrial real estate 18 Feb 2013 21:55 #6

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
:D Yeah the lizards coming out from inside the moon...,''Do one, this is our spaceship...''

Extraterrestrial real estate 18 Feb 2013 22:03 #7

• cantata
  • Silver Member

Think of all they'd have to chat about! :D

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer

Extraterrestrial real estate 18 Feb 2013 22:09 #8

• novum
  • Platinum Member
How the f... can you claim ownership of real estate out there to sell it in the first place. :aargh:
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352

Extraterrestrial real estate 18 Feb 2013 22:11 #9

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
:rofl: the clangers, brilliant....i reckon you've just sussed out where DI got the reppy moon spaceship idea from cantata...

Extraterrestrial real estate 18 Feb 2013 22:12 #10

• novum
  • Platinum Member
diamondgeezer wrote:
:D Yeah the lizards coming out from inside the moon...,''Do one, this is our spaceship...''

I can feel a Reptilian law suit coming on. :coffee:

Or they might just start her up and fly the moon away, being a spaceship and all. :cool:
1365 = 1

Extraterrestrial real estate 18 Feb 2013 22:25 #11

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
novum wrote:
How the f... can you claim ownership of real estate out there to sell it in the first place. :aargh:

Should we get some 'certificates' printed up you reckon, flog em on the forum... ;)

Extraterrestrial real estate 18 Feb 2013 22:39 #12

• cantata
  • Silver Member
diamondgeezer wrote:
novum wrote:

Should we get some 'certificates' printed up you reckon, flog em on the forum... ;)

People luuuuuuuv certificates! :hypo:

But, you know, there are ker-trillions of people aching to give away money. I remember reading about one bloke who went online to say, "God wants you to send me money".... and over 100,000 people sent him dosh! :O Another company was selling canned London Air! Half the trick is having the fekkin cheek to do it.

Do it! Claim ownership of Jupiter (the biggest, I think) and flog them off in one-square-inch plots (certified) at £10 each. :D

(It's not so far removed from the Olde Dayes when they sold slivers of wood as "Relics of Christ's Cross to anyone willing to think it so).

Last Edit: 18 Feb 2013 22:41 by cantata.

Extraterrestrial real estate 18 Feb 2013 22:51 #13

• novum
  • Platinum Member
diamondgeezer wrote:
novum wrote:

Sounds like a plan! :coffee:

How much you think is a fair price for ring of saturn, per square metre?
1365 = 1

Extraterrestrial real estate 18 Feb 2013 22:52 #14

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
I think we'll start with Mars....its nearer, and there isn't all that ammonia gas atmosphere to contend with. ;)

ok, here goes:

*cough* ''I dg hereby claim the whole of the celestial body known as 'Mars' and everything contained therein, animal vegetable & mineral, to be the exclusive & sole property of the internet website known as truth-zone.co.uk, on behalf of said website and all who sail in her.'' (sticks virtual TZ flag on Mars surface).

Hows that? :D

Extraterrestrial real estate 18 Feb 2013 23:03 #15

• novum
  • Platinum Member
diamondgeezer wrote:
*cough* ''I dg hereby claim the whole of the celestial body known as 'Mars' and everything contained therein, animal vegetable & mineral, to be the exclusive & sole property of the internet website known as truth-zone.co.uk, on behalf of said website and all who sail in her.'' (sticks virtual TZ flag on Mars surface).

Sounds good to go.

Just need to set up an ebay account now, pull some photos of mars from google for the ads and start selling.

Remember to offer to ship worldwide... we will get interest from many places, (except perhaps nigeria, they are pretty clued up there for some reason.)
1365 = 1

Extraterrestrial real estate 18 Feb 2013 23:14 #16

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
You don't think that email I got from the exiled nigerian prince asking for my bank details so he could pay in several million pounds of his exiled royal money into it was genuine then?

.....shit :pissed:

Extraterrestrial real estate 18 Feb 2013 23:15 #17

• cantata
  • Silver Member
diamondgeezer wrote:
I think we'll start with Mars....its nearer, and there isn't all that ammonia gas atmosphere to contend with. ;)

ok, here goes:

Well, flags have worked throughout history:

As for the "atmosphere".... errr, DG, it doesn't matter, luvvy-luv! It's not for REAL, after all - no one is ever really going to go and live there! :D Don't over-rationalise with cunning Get Rich Quick plans. :D

Extraterrestrial real estate 18 Feb 2013 23:21 #18

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
cantata wrote:
As for the "atmosphere".... errr, DG, it doesn't matter, luvvy-luv! It's not for REAL, after all - no one is ever really going to go and live there! :D Don't over-rationalise with cunning Get Rich Quick plans. :D

I seriously wouldn't be surprised if Mars is 'settled' very shortly indeed if one of those unmanned probes discovers rich mineral wealth there.

NASA might not be on the ball, but cnuts like Richard Branson certainly are...