Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

 
PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Should you consider posting to this section?

Should you consider posting to this section? 10 Jul 2017 22:02 #1

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 2960
  • Likes received: 1491
I wonder how many posters would have taken the time and effort to post to this section of the forum (Space and related subjects) if they knew there was a cult involving at least two forum moderators, one wanna be forum moderator, and several other members, who think any kind of space travel (manned or unmanned) is a hoax? This would include, satellites, space debris, rockets....EVERYTHING.

See the thread, 'NASA: A Cosmic Cash Cow' the last few pages, for reference.

I would say at least around 60% of the posts on this section of the forum is deemed a, "hoax" by this cult.

So think about that the next time you consider putting time and effort into a post in this section of the forum. Oh sure you can post to this section. It's just that you are not going to be taken very seriously.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 10 Jul 2017 22:38 by peacenik.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Should you consider posting to this section? 11 Jul 2017 00:33 #2

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 16987
  • Likes received: 7920
Well youre entitled to your opinion peacenik and i will defend your right to say it.

There is a vast range of opinions here, and some of us agree with some things and not others... i dont even agree with other mods and even admins on some things, but do on others.

Ive said my piece about rockets working in a vacuum for example, my argument was for, that yes they would work... and as i expected it was met with stiff opposition.. but so be it, thats their prerogative.
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Should you consider posting to this section? 11 Jul 2017 01:16 #3

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 2960
  • Likes received: 1491
novum wrote:
Well youre entitled to your opinion peacenik and i will defend your right to say it.

Well thanks....that's nice to know.

I still feel a poster should be warned about posting in this section when there is so much opposition to belief in Mans space program? I remember DIF had a section of their forum called, 'race and immigration'. Like your, 'space and related subjects', you were free to post to it, but there were unannounced consequences for not following the established narrative. If you didn't, you had Seanx or boots, nipping at your heels to herd you into the correct way of thinking.

True, you don't have a Seanx or boots on your forum, but you do have a salivating bull-dog, exorcist who serves the same purpose as a Seanx or boots.

So,....I think a poster should be warned of the opposition he will encounter when discussing a topic in the, 'space and other subjects' section of this forum? I wish someone was there to warn me about the consequences of posting to DIF's section, 'race and immigration'. :yup:

I admit to being naive sometimes. 'open forums' aren't always so' open'?
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 11 Jul 2017 01:23 by peacenik.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Should you consider posting to this section? 11 Jul 2017 01:50 #4

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 16987
  • Likes received: 7920
Im of the opinion that the things you speak of are more of an issue if said opposition to your position then results in censorship, suspensions or bans... we know this has been an issue on other forums.

I know its not nice to be bullied about ones way of thinking or opinion, but i do my best to make sure that does not result in sanctions when people retaliate to their opponent.

I only tend to want to sanction people here when they incessantly make up lies about other members, blanket false statements that are more personal than on topic, and designed to smear etc, tackler seems to be the only one doing a whole bunch of that right now, with most of it being directed at zorro.. and he has done it to myself and others also, which is why he is currently on time out.

But for the most part id like to see conversation and ideas flowing, even if that means it gets a bit ugly sometimes.

And im fine with this thread, and you letting readers (which could be members, guests or potential members) know about your experiences here, i certainly have no issue with that.
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1
Last Edit: 11 Jul 2017 01:52 by novum.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb

Should you consider posting to this section? 11 Jul 2017 02:06 #5

  • jonb
  • jonb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 1730
  • Likes received: 1951
Oh the fucking hurt feelings, my heart bleeds for you dogface, all this coming from the individual that told me not to post on a thread because I dared to disagree with your view, such entitlement.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

Should you consider posting to this section? 11 Jul 2017 05:09 #6

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 2960
  • Likes received: 1491
jonb wrote:
Oh the fucking hurt feelings, my heart bleeds for you dogface, all this coming from the individual that told me not to post on a thread because I dared to disagree with your view, such entitlement.

Wrong! I asked you to leave and you accepted the invitation.

Odd, you should wait till now to complain about it? Hoping to get a few licks in, on a street fight, are you?

Silly me, thinking your ethics were higher than that?
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Should you consider posting to this section? 11 Jul 2017 05:22 #7

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 2960
  • Likes received: 1491
novum wrote:
Im of the opinion that the things you speak of are more of an issue if said opposition to your position then results in censorship, suspensions or bans... we know this has been an issue on other forums.

I know its not nice to be bullied about ones way of thinking or opinion, but i do my best to make sure that does not result in sanctions when people retaliate to their opponent.
Did I say anything about, 'censorship, suspensions or bans or bulling'? No, I did not!

I made an observation, you commented on it.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 11 Jul 2017 05:24 by peacenik.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Should you consider posting to this section? 11 Jul 2017 05:54 #8

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 16987
  • Likes received: 7920
Yes thats right, you did not say those things, I did, because its my opinion that opposing views cannot easily silence the views they oppose, so long as members arent sanctioned.

If all sides/positions of a debate have been laid out then readers are going to make up their own mind, no?

So i was adding my 2c to the issues you brought up, not putting words in your mouth, the latter was never my intention.
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Should you consider posting to this section? 11 Jul 2017 06:04 #9

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 2960
  • Likes received: 1491
novum wrote:
Yes thats right, you did not say those things, I did, because its my opinion that opposing views cannot easily silence the views they oppose, so long as members arent sanctioned.

If all sides/positions of a debate have been laid out then readers are going to make up their own mind, no?

Yep!

I agree!

Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Should you consider posting to this section? 11 Jul 2017 06:15 #10

  • Gaia
  • Gaia's Avatar
  • Online
  • Gold Member
  • Posts: 7182
  • Likes received: 1556
Peacenik, what have you actually contributed in defense of "space travel"?

You asked a set of rhetorical questions, rhetorical in the sense that you weren't really interested in the answers, because you already made up your mind about "those crazy hoaxers hoaxbusters". It was just to get confirmation that you already had if you'd read the NASA cash cow thread and my dedicated "the impossibility of space travel EVER" thread.

You only used it as a step up to start this pseudo surprised emotional appeal thread.

I don't really care that you didn't do any effort to provide arguments for the existence of space travel, but from an objective outsider point of view your "yes, but, uh, that cannot be" attitude is rather meagre against pages full of arguments against the existence of space travel, the presentation of alternatives to account for real "satellite" data (GPS, television, phone, Google Earth, weather and much more), the physical and chemical impossibilities and the thousands of examples of NASA c.s. fakery in past and present.

Do you recognise your own lack of points scored in this "debate"?

If not, I can recommend you to gain more self knowledge.
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)
Last Edit: 11 Jul 2017 06:18 by Gaia.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Should you consider posting to this section? 11 Jul 2017 06:19 #11

  • bd
  • bd's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • bikerdruid
  • Posts: 3658
  • Likes received: 471
... and some of those folks are also flat-earthers, which is fucking hilarious.
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need."
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Should you consider posting to this section? 11 Jul 2017 06:35 #12

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 2960
  • Likes received: 1491
Gaia wrote:
Peacenik, what have you actually contributed in defense of "space travel"?

Better question, what have you actually contributed to space travel? Oh that's right, you don't believe there is such a thing? kinda hard to make a 'contribution' then?
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Should you consider posting to this section? 11 Jul 2017 06:52 #13

  • Gaia
  • Gaia's Avatar
  • Online
  • Gold Member
  • Posts: 7182
  • Likes received: 1556
peacenik wrote:
Gaia wrote:
Peacenik, what have you actually contributed in defense of "space travel"?

Better question, what have you actually contributed to space travel? Oh that's right, you don't believe there is such a thing? kinda hard to make a 'contribution' then?

Even the simplest question you choose to "counter" with a tu quoque fallacy that not only shows you don't have an answer but is also unjustified as I was the first to extensively outline this thesis here. Later, BakerStreet has contributed a lot, and zax conitinuously on the NASA fraud, but I was the first on the known internet to outline this in such detail (even on YT you wouldn't find all the points I came with, as they are new and not copied from others).

People here have said that I "focus too much on the space topic", while you say "I haven't contributed anything". You really don't see how empty and unfounded such an accusation is? :hmm:
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Should you consider posting to this section? 11 Jul 2017 06:56 #14

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 2960
  • Likes received: 1491
bd wrote:
... and some of those folks are also flat-earthers, which is fucking hilarious.

Yes, yesterdays flat-earthers fit in very well with the space hoaxers of today. BTW, good analogy!
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Should you consider posting to this section? 11 Jul 2017 07:13 #15

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 2960
  • Likes received: 1491
Gaia wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Gaia wrote:
Peacenik, what have you actually contributed in defense of "space travel"?

Better question, what have you actually contributed to space travel? Oh that's right, you don't believe there is such a thing? kinda hard to make a 'contribution' then?



People here have said that I "focus too much on the space topic", while you say "I haven't contributed anything". You really don't see how empty and unfounded such an accusation is? :hmm:

You're not interested in my opinion. Your fixated on your own ideas about earth, environment, and all that stuff. You have a fixed idea, so you are being disingenuous when you say you want my opinion. No matter what my opinion is it will never measure up to your fixed idea. You just hoping to use me to talk about you ideas, NOT mine.

So why can't you just accept the idea my opinion differs from your's and go on about you business? It's not the end of the world ya know? Just because I believe Man has made accomplishments in space and you don't
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 11 Jul 2017 08:47 by peacenik.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Should you consider posting to this section? 11 Jul 2017 08:54 #16

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960
bd wrote:
... and some of those folks are also flat-earthers, which is fucking hilarious.


Really?

I haven't met a fe since long on TZ.

Some came and went away very fast, because of the staunch opposition they met on TZ:

So would you please kindly name the fe on TZ, bikerdruid, I must have missed them.




Peacenik, you might consider to post your chagrin on this thread:

:right: Which topics should NOT be discussed on this forum? Why?
truth-zone.net/forum/general-discussion/64519-which-topics-should-not-be-discussed-on-this-forum-why.html

where you can find my opinion, in case you are interested in reading my posts,
and here is the free POLL on which you already expressed your belief by voting:

:right: Did the Apollo program land men on the Moon? truth-zone.net/forum/space-and-related-subjects/62202-did-the-apollo-program-land-men-on-the-moon.html

and this subject might be of interest to you, too:

:right: HOAXBUSTERS vs "hoaxer-movement" truth-zone.net/forum/pfizipfei-forum-general-discussion/67526-hoaxbusters-vs-hoaxer-movement.html

De rien!

:)
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 11 Jul 2017 18:29 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Should you consider posting to this section? 11 Jul 2017 11:23 #17

  • jonb
  • jonb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 1730
  • Likes received: 1951
peacenik wrote:
jonb wrote:
Oh the fucking hurt feelings, my heart bleeds for you dogface, all this coming from the individual that told me not to post on a thread because I dared to disagree with your view, such entitlement.

Wrong! I asked you to leave and you accepted the invitation.

Odd, you should wait till now to complain about it? Hoping to get a few licks in, on a street fight, are you?

Silly me, thinking your ethics were higher than that?

My ethics are that I am honest!
I do not use blue ink mealy mouthed words and when confronted say, oh I did not actually say that.
This thread is set up as a complaint, but then is written as a warning,
To who over what?
You talk with words steeped in blue oil so you can slide away from them.
But like any slug you leave a trail.
I asked you to leave and you accepted the invitation.
Just because you said it politely it still means fuck off.

When answered you slime out
Did I say anything about, 'censorship, suspensions or bans or bulling'? No, I did not!

I made an observation, you commented on it.
OK lets believe this it means - You set up this thread, just to comment, nothing about censorship, bans or bulling just a comment
I would say at least around 60% of the posts on this section of the forum is deemed a, "hoax" by this cult.

So think about that the next time you consider putting time and effort into a post in this section of the forum. Oh sure you can post to this section. It's just that you are not going to be taken very seriously.

So you are saying there is a cult, which is bollox. This is just a way of dismissing those you disagree with, lump them together and imply their words are not genuine are driven by some other agenda.

So the whole thing comes down to-
It's just that you are not going to be taken very seriously

If you had not noticed this is a debating form what level of respect are you demanding for you words?

I answer the implications you so subtlety place in them and you don't like that either.

Or is it just that you require everyone to bow down before your magnificence?
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

Should you consider posting to this section? 11 Jul 2017 23:12 #18

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960
The resonance to this thread seems to have created a bit of ... emotion and commotion in some?


:right: truth-zone.net/forum/space-and-related-subjects/62202-did-the-apollo-program-land-men-on-the-moon.html?start=40#269604 ff


.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 11 Jul 2017 23:13 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Should you consider posting to this section? 11 Jul 2017 23:49 #19

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 2960
  • Likes received: 1491
jonb wrote:
peacenik wrote:
jonb wrote:
Oh the fucking hurt feelings, my heart bleeds for you dogface, all this coming from the individual that told me not to post on a thread because I dared to disagree with your view, such entitlement.

Wrong! I asked you to leave and you accepted the invitation.

Odd, you should wait till now to complain about it? Hoping to get a few licks in, on a street fight, are you?

Silly me, thinking your ethics were higher than that?

My ethics are that I am honest!
I do not use blue ink mealy mouthed words and when confronted say, oh I did not actually say that.
This thread is set up as a complaint, but then is written as a warning,
To who over what?
You talk with words steeped in blue oil so you can slide away from them.
But like any slug you leave a trail.
I asked you to leave and you accepted the invitation.
Just because you said it politely it still means fuck off.

When answered you slime out
Did I say anything about, 'censorship, suspensions or bans or bulling'? No, I did not!

I made an observation, you commented on it.
OK lets believe this it means - You set up this thread, just to comment, nothing about censorship, bans or bulling just a comment
I would say at least around 60% of the posts on this section of the forum is deemed a, "hoax" by this cult.

So think about that the next time you consider putting time and effort into a post in this section of the forum. Oh sure you can post to this section. It's just that you are not going to be taken very seriously.

So you are saying there is a cult, which is bollox. This is just a way of dismissing those you disagree with, lump them together and imply their words are not genuine are driven by some other agenda.

So the whole thing comes down to-
It's just that you are not going to be taken very seriously

If you had not noticed this is a debating form what level of respect are you demanding for you words?

Again, evidently you have me confused with another, I've never demanded respect from another on this forum.

What exactly do you want from me anyway?
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Should you consider posting to this section? 12 Jul 2017 13:04 #20

  • GMP
  • GMP's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • Posts: 3506
  • Likes received: 856
I tend not to post on space and related threads because frankly I've little interest in them.
Have never wanted to visit space nor likely to change my mind.
Do rockets work?
Yep, buy a firework rocket and give it a go.
Did man land on the moon?
Probably, if not it was a good show given the tech of the time.
Is the earth flat?
Nope, it's a lumpy ball shape.
Why TF should we care though?
Leave space to do whatever space does and - for sure- space leaves us alone to go about our lives.
There's wonder enough here in earth to suit everyone who cares to take a look.
:)
Last Edit: 12 Jul 2017 13:07 by GMP.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare
Powered by Kunena Forum

Annual Server Target

Whether its 50 cents or five dollars, your donations are appreciated and help keep this community site running so we can all continue to enjoy using it. Secure transactions via paypal.
This target is to meet our server cost for one year, June 2019 - May 2020, in USD.
$ 340 - Target
( £ 270 GBP )
donation thermometer
donation thermometer
$ 100 - Raised
( £ 80 GBP )
donation thermometer
29%
Updated
31st May 2019

No one is obliged to donate, please only donate what you can afford. Even the smallest amount helps. Being an active member is a positive contribution. Thank You.