Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: England beats Germany ( again)

England beats Germany ( again) 27 Mar 2016 17:19 #1

• GMP
  • Silver Member
Come on England!
2-0 down to the Krauts last night and the England boys turned that around for a 2-3 win.
Away on German soil.
Fess up Huns, your lads are shit at playing football.
Two of 'em didn't even seem to know the words to your national anthem cos they weren't singing it before the kick off.
For shame!
:)
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

England beats Germany ( again) 27 Mar 2016 17:22 #2

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
inb4 Eva blames the jews.

England beats Germany ( again) 27 Mar 2016 17:30 #3

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
who cares - football is so boring

cricket - and baseball - (well i cannot follow baseball in the uk) much more interesting. Cricket is a game that takes 3-5 days to produce a result at top level. Bowler versus batsman - gladatorial contest

But it is a distraction from the important things in life like wasting time on internet forums. :joker:

Truth is anti-semitic
Last Edit: 27 Mar 2016 17:31 by Voltaire.

England beats Germany ( again) 27 Mar 2016 17:44 #4

• GMP
  • Silver Member
Agree with you that cricket is a great game.
Chess on grass.
Very few better afternoons in summer than those spent watching a good County match.
Baseball I don't understand at all but it looks fun from what bit I've seen , those Americans know how to put on a great show.
Football though is our national game full of drama on and off the pitch.
The team we support - Leicester City has gone from being underdogs at the start of the season to having a good chance of winning the Premiership this year. The entire Leicester City team cost less than half of the price of some Premiership teams individual players.
Jamie Vardy one of our Leicester lads scored last night a few minutes in to his first ever appearance for England.
It was a good game.

England beats Germany ( again) 27 Mar 2016 17:54 #5

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
The chess analogy i agree with totally. However, the modern bat has been a game changer - should be outlawed, go back to bat specs in the 1960's.

Gonna drop a few names, I once played in a friendly match against a side that included Kim Hughes (who went on to captain Australia) and had a net session in Nelson, Lancashire that included Collis King who played for the West Indies.

I was not very good at batting, could bowl though nerves often got the better of me. Fielding, however, - excellent. (if i say so myself)

Truth is anti-semitic

England beats Germany ( again) 27 Mar 2016 17:59 #6

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
If it's a distraction, it's a dangerous one for tptb to fuck with, as its fan base could cause a shit ton of problems for them if their Saturday afternoons were ruined.

England beats Germany ( again) 27 Mar 2016 18:10 #7

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
It is precisely because it is a distraction that tptb will never fuck with it. see the protocols of zion
"In order that the masses themselves may not guess what they are about we further distract them with amusements, games, pastimes, passions.... Soon we shall begin through the press to propose competitions in art, in sport of all kinds: these interests will finally distract their minds from questions in which we should find ourselves compelled to oppose them. Growing more and more disaccustomed to reflect and form any opinions of their own, people will begin to talk in the same tone as we, because we alone shall be offering them new directions for thought."

Truth is anti-semitic

England beats Germany ( again) 27 Mar 2016 18:17 #8

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
Yes, but it's a distraction that under the right circumstances will unite its millions of followers all over the world, and the last thing they need is footy fans becoming heavily politicised, as they are in some countries. 50,000+ fans heading from a ground to a financial district is something no govt wants to face.
Last Edit: 27 Mar 2016 18:20 by ragnarok.
User(s) who Liked this post: GMP

England beats Germany ( again) 27 Mar 2016 19:30 #9

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
The way you phrase it sure. But how does a football fan become politicised by being engrossed in football? I work still - I never hear the other employees talking about politics, the men ALWAYS about football. ad nauseum

Truth is anti-semitic

England beats Germany ( again) 27 Mar 2016 19:46 #10

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
Google "FC United" or "fan-owned football clubs" and you'll find the kind of community-based projects that most people claim are missing in this corporate-run world. There are some fine examples being set by some, if not all of these clubs. The connection between these clubs means they are only a twitter and facebook campaign away from getting a lot of activists moving.
Last Edit: 27 Mar 2016 19:49 by ragnarok.

England beats Germany ( again) 28 Mar 2016 12:34 #11

• spectero
  • Everybody Lets Rock
  • Endure
GMP wrote:
Come on England!
2-0 down to the Krauts last night and the England boys turned that around for a 2-3 win.
Away on German soil.
Fess up Huns, your lads are shit at playing football.
Two of 'em didn't even seem to know the words to your national anthem cos they weren't singing it before the kick off.
For shame!

It was only a friendly match which you are well are of ;). Germany are the World Champions and will most likely win the Euro's too. How will England fare?. :larf:
" I was bored before I even began ".

England beats Germany ( again) 28 Mar 2016 12:49 #12

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
2016 is our year, spec. We might not relieve 50 yrs of hurt, but we're coming away with a trophy. Mark these words!

England beats Germany ( again) 28 Mar 2016 13:14 #13

• spectero
  • Everybody Lets Rock
  • Endure
ragnarok wrote:
2016 is our year, spec. We might not relieve 50 yrs of hurt, but we're coming away with a trophy. Mark these words!

Oh golly :O . I've sooo never heard that before :roll: :) .
" I was bored before I even began ".

England beats Germany ( again) 28 Mar 2016 13:25 #14

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
Not from me, you haven't. There's the difference. I'm not usually one for bigging up England's chances, but this is the year Leicester won the PL, so believing in upsets doesn't seem too fanciful.

England beats Germany ( again) 28 Mar 2016 13:35 #15

• GMP
  • Silver Member
Voltaire wrote:
The chess analogy i agree with totally. However, the modern bat has been a game changer - should be outlawed, go back to bat specs in the 1960's.

Gonna drop a few names, I once played in a friendly match against a side that included Kim Hughes (who went on to captain Australia) and had a net session in Nelson, Lancashire that included Collis King who played for the West Indies.

I was not very good at batting, could bowl though nerves often got the better of me. Fielding, however, - excellent. (if i say so myself)

I was in the same class at school with cricketer Johnny Abrahams ( Lancashire and England). The school cricket team seldom lost a match.
Johnny's Dad Cec was the professional of our village cricket team.

England beats Germany ( again) 28 Mar 2016 13:43 #16

• GMP
  • Silver Member
ragnarok wrote:
Not from me, you haven't. There's the difference. I'm not usually one for bigging up England's chances, but this is the year Leicester won the PL, so believing in upsets doesn't seem too fanciful.

Come on you Foxes!
Leicester haven't won it yet but the bookies are bottling it.
End of last season my mate got 10,000-1 for Leicester to come top this season . He put a fiver on.
Ladbrokes just paid him £29K to settle the bet. Don't blame him cos anything can happen yet and 29 grand is 29 grand.
At the start of this season got 12-1 for Leicester to win it and 9-2 for them to come in top 4.
Nice little earner if they do come top but Corals bookies haven't offered me an early settlement yet LOL.

England beats Germany ( again) 28 Mar 2016 13:56 #17

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
GMP - re baseball, go on Ytube and check out a curve ball, knuckleball and slider - best done with slow motion

Truth is anti-semitic

England beats Germany ( again) 28 Mar 2016 13:56 #18

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
They really are the football good news story of the 21st century. Fingers crossed Vardy stays fit and spreads that magical belief to his England colleagues.

England beats Germany ( again) 28 Mar 2016 14:08 #19

• GMP
  • Silver Member
ragnarok wrote:
They really are the football good news story of the 21st century. Fingers crossed Vardy stays fit and spreads that magical belief to his England colleagues.

Top lad yerself sir.
MrsGMPs aunty and her partner are here from Leicester for the Easter weekend. Both are Foxes season ticket holders.
The club owners are brilliant to the fans.
When they go to away games there's usually 3,000 or so. The club puts on coaches and a free breakfast for all of them before they set off.
Every away match each supporter gets a gift, a pennant, or a scarf or a clacker ( noisy thing).
The club owners are Buddhists and they helicopter in Buddhist Monks from London every home game to bless the players and the pitch.
It must be working... LOL

England beats Germany ( again) 28 Mar 2016 14:16 #20

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
Some would like to attribute it to finding the king's skeleton, but I like your buddhist explanation. :)
  • Page:
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare