Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts)

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 04:55 #1

• Flare
Any MMA or kickboxing fans on the forum..?

In the coming months our champion Alistair Overeem (Dutch/Jamaican) will go for the UFC title.

If he wins, he has won it all: K-1, Pride, Strikeforce, Dream and UFC which would be incredible.
K-1 was thé kickboxing tournament back in the day. Pride were crazy tournaments, as it was allowed to kick the opponent to the head
on the ground, which was called the 'soccer kick'... it's forbidden now. And UFC is the most reknown MMA tournament in the world atm.

He's actually got a very nice documentary about him on his own website, which follows him on foot: www.alistairovereem.com/docu

Latest episode:

Am wondering why it is that Holland, being the small country as it is, produces the best fighters in the world regarding MMA and Kickboxing, as we've got:

Peter "The Lumberjack" Aerts - 3 x K-1 champion
(Lumberjack, because of his devastating leg kicks :chuckle: )

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Rico 'Prince of Kickboxing' Verhoeven - Glory champion
(this guy's got the ultimate MMA-fighter look :D )

Ernesto "Mister Perfect" Hoost - 4 x K-1 champion
(the best and most devastating lowkicks ever seen, very decent/friendly guy)

Sem "Hightower" Schilt - 4 x K-1 champion
(bit boring fighter, mostly had a huge advantage due to his lenght)

Remy "The Flying Gentlemen" Bonjaski - 3 x K-1 champion
("Flying" because the flying knee was his trademark,"Gentlemen", because he's a really nice and well-mannered guy :D )

Badr 'The golden boy' Hari - 2 x K-1
(who unfortunately rather fights under Moroccan flag, and altho he has some troubles with the law, he is best friends with Christiano Ronaldo)

Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not to his own facts. - Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Last Edit: 09 Jun 2016 05:08 by Flare.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 05:11 #2

• wolfy
  • Silver Member
Flare wrote:

In the coming months our champion Alistair Overeem (Dutch/Jamaican) will go for the UFC title.

If he wins, he has won it all: K-1, Pride, Strikeforce, Dream and UFC which would be incredible.
K-1 was thé kickboxing tournament back in the day. Pride were crazy tournaments, as it was allowed to kick the opponent to the head
on the ground, which was called the 'soccer kick'... it's forbidden now. And UFC is the most reknown MMA tournament in the world atm.

Am wondering why it is that Holland, being the small country as it is, produces the best fighters in the world regarding MMA and Kickboxing, as we've got:

He has a great chance of beating Miocic, it should be a good fight, although personally I think Miocic will win, Overeems gas tank is very weak for MMA, he cannot stand a gruelling fight with all of that Muscle.

Also, Holland do have the best Kickboxers in the world, but not MMA. It's a bit why Thailand have the best Muay Thai fighters in the world, t's what they do :)

UFC is absolutely brilliant :)
It was always going to happen!!
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 05:52 #3

• Flare
wolfy wrote:
Flare wrote:

He has a great chance of beating Miocic, it should be a good fight, although personally I think Miocic will win, Overeems gas tank is very weak for MMA, he cannot stand a gruelling fight with all of that Muscle.

Also, Holland do have the best Kickboxers in the world, but not MMA. It's a bit why Thailand have the best Muay Thai fighters in the world, t's what they do :)

UFC is absolutely brilliant :)

Well, he's not on steroids anymore since he got caught and has turned a bit leaner / athletic now. It's changed him as a fighter.
Since he first was a huuuge guy and with all that muscle one gets gassed fast. Looks like Stipe was beaten by another Dutch MMAer Stefan Struve earlier on...

Don't know who will win, because with MMA a game can be over if 1 punch has landed well, in contrary to kickboxing or boxing.

Here's a cool episode of his documentary, where "The Reem" went to Thailand for his training, with the music of "Kickboxer" from van Damme, which give those real old-school 'feels' :)

(@ start and @ 32:25... really nice :D )
Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not to his own facts. - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 06:21 #4

• Flare
Ah, and I forgot to add our one and only "Bas Rutten" of course :D

This guy was at the cradle of MMA fighting, and won the UFC tile:

He's actually a real nice and funny guy. We have this program "Gamekings" in Holland (for gamers) and this guy
went over to LA to interview him. At the end of the recordings, Bas takes the interviewer to a hill where he, and his students
always train cardio by running up the hill. So Bas puts down a bet with that the guy wouldn't make it up the hill in one go,
to which the guy says 'well, it doesn't look that hard now'... so the bet is on... :chuckle:

You have to put the below vid @ 08:58 to see
(you can turn on English subtitles on youtube)

And here he actually goes running up the hill :D

The guy wasted... "this is inhumane" To which Bas says: "If I say it's brutal, it really is" :larf:

Seems like the pro's run up and down the hill several times in a row, as Bas says.

After that episode, Dennis, the interviewer got totally MMA fan and also started training. :)
Apparently Bas made quite an impression on him there. Very nice guy, typical Dutch decency, straight forwardness and little crazy :D

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 06:28 #5

• wolfy
  • Silver Member
Flare wrote:
Ah, and I forgot to add our one and only "Bas Rutten" of course :D

This guy was at the cradle of MMA fighting, and won the UFC tile:

He's actually a real nice and funny guy. We have this program "Gamekings" in Holland (for gamers) and this guy
went over to LA to interview him. At the end of the recordings, Bas takes the interviewer to a hill where he, and his students
always train cardio by running up the hill. So Bas puts down a bet with that the guy wouldn't make it up the hill in one go,
to which the guy says 'well, it doesn't look that hard now'... so the bet is on... :chuckle:

You have to put the below vid @ 08:58 to see
(you can turn on English subtitles on youtube)

And here he actually goes running up the hill :D

The guy wasted... "this is inhumane" To which Bas says: "If I say it's brutal, it really is" :larf:

Seems like the pro's run up and down the hill several times in a row, as Bas says.

After that episode, Dennis, the interviewer got totally MMA fan and also started training. :)
Apparently Bas made quite an impression on him there. Very nice guy, typical Dutch decency, straight forwardness and little crazy :D

Yeah, Bas Rutten was there in the beginning, ( I like his self defence show) it was crazy then, no real rules, no weight classes, remember Tank Abbot haha for the first few it was a freak show until the fertittas and Dana white took over it, they had a vision and turned it into one of the biggest promotions in the world, it has overtaken boxing, which has become a joke because of all of the different sanctioning bodies.

As an aside, Kimbo Slice died the other day aged 42.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 06:53 #6

• Flare
@ Wolfy

Have you seen the "Pride" back in the day..? I missed those out... but it was definately the most brutal MMA tournament.

The intro-music alone was already awesome.

(Turn up the volume a bit... this will get your blood rushing :D )

They had the fucking best fight openings ever.... listen that Japanese female intro anouncer screaming... good stuff :)

(best on fullscreen to see)

The fights were brutal, with the so-called 'soccer kicks' to the head... which is forbidden now, because of obvious reasons:

Having watched those matches, it was the best ever, with Rampage Jackson in his prime, Fedor Emelianenko, Mirko Crocop, Alistair Overeem, Kevin Randleman and Antonio daSilva:

Last Edit: 09 Jun 2016 06:57 by Flare.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 07:04 #7

• wolfy
  • Silver Member
You cant mention pride without mentioning the Axe Murderer Wanderlei Silva!! He was an absolute beast!! :)

Shivers :)

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 07:06 #8

• wolfy
  • Silver Member
As another aside, Kevin Randleman also died a couple of moths back.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 07:09 #9

• Flare
wolfy wrote:

Yeah, Bas Rutten was there in the beginning, ( I like his self defence show) it was crazy then, no real rules, no weight classes, remember Tank Abbot haha for the first few it was a freak show until the fertittas and Dana white took over it, they had a vision and turned it into one of the biggest promotions in the world, it has overtaken boxing, which has become a joke because of all of the different sanctioning bodies.

As an aside, Kimbo Slice died the other day aged 42.

Yea, when Bas Rutten did the UFC it was not so high-grade as it was now, that's correct. :)
Altho he was one of the first who actually did MMA... Pancrase.

And yea, my wife told it to me this week that he died, as it was in the news.... somehow felt sorry for the guy.
Altho he was a beast, he seemed to be a quite humble guy behind the screens, who was a real family-man and even attended church and stuff.

If I hear Kimbo Slice, it always reminds me of this bit of training he got from Michael J. White, where he teaches him quite a dangerous punching technique:

I tried that a few times while sparring (faint to the side, while throwing a straight punch) and it absolutely works. People really don't see it coming. :D

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 07:28 #10

• Flare
wolfy wrote:
You cant mention pride without mentioning the Axe Murderer Wanderlei Silva!! He was an absolute beast!! :)

Shivers :)

Shivers indeed! Music is very fitting. :)

Well... my favorite is Fedor Emelianenko hands-down. This guy is just so awesome, not only as a fighter, but also as a human being.
He is like this very friendly, humble and even a bit shy person. His best friend is this small, very regular dude which he knows his entire life... that shows he's not someone big-mouthed or anything.

But put him into a ring, and he's just a weapon. And whatever the fuck happens during a fight, he always has this extreme calmness over him, while exchanging the most devastating blows. What Bas Rutten says... you never see his face move when he has to use power or anything, he's always got this very relaxed and focussed look on his face, which is quite amazing as well.

Have you ever seen this documentary of him? "The baddest man on the planet" ?

Best fighter docu ever:

(below the vid: The video keeps buffering? Just pause it for 5-10 minutes then continue playing!)
putlocker.is/watch-fedor-the-baddest-man-on-the-planet-online-free-putlocker.html

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 07:46 #11

• Flare
Last but not least, here is the best MMA-fight of all time at Pride, with Fedor Emelianenko vs Mirko Cro Cop when they were both in their prime.

This fight had it ALL. They went at it for all rounds, throwing out the most awesome punches, kicks.. standing, on the ground, standing, on the ground.. with some inhumane reflexes from Fedor dodging some punches.

It can't get any better then this:

(it's not on YT with US commentary btw, so I linked DM below)

www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hd2zh
Last Edit: 09 Jun 2016 07:46 by Flare.
User(s) who Liked this post: wolfy

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 08:13 #12

• wolfy
  • Silver Member
Flare wrote:
Last but not least, here is the best MMA-fight of all time at Pride, with Fedor Emelianenko vs Mirko Cro Cop when they were both in their prime.

This fight had it ALL. They went at it for all rounds, throwing out the most awesome punches, kicks.. standing, on the ground, standing, on the ground.. with some inhumane reflexes from Fedor dodging some punches.

It can't get any better then this:

(it's not on YT with US commentary btw, so I linked DM below)

www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hd2zh

I am a boxing man at heart, it was such an exciting time for boxing when I was younger, the middle weight division was dynamite!! Hagler/Hearns/leanord/Duran, then we had Benn/Eubank/Watson/Collins, it was the same as Ali and the heavweights, when you have four or five world class fighters in the same division at the same it is a special time, I can watch Hagler Hearns over and over again and I get shivers thinking about it.

My all time favourite fight is this one though, if you haven't watched it, watch this, sheer brutality, Benn was the champion and the major underdog, which was crazy, if you haven't seen it the enjoy!!!

As for UFC I love the Condit/lawler fight and Lawler Macdonald fights, Diego Sanchez was an animal too in his prime...

I am watching Been Maclellen for the 100th time now, cheers :)

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 08:54 #13

• Flare
Always fun when fans ask for a lowkick or punch from the fighters :)

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 08:54 #14

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Great thread!
Thanks for starting it.
Happy to see that there are still real males in earth.

:up:

Totally fell in love ;) with truth-zone.net/forum/the-lounge/61875-beautiful-faces-human.html?start=60#216318 right away
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 09 Jun 2016 09:14 by PFIZIPFEI.
User(s) who Liked this post: wolfy, Flare

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 08:55 #15

• Flare

I'll definately check this one out later. Will get back on this. ;)
Last Edit: 09 Jun 2016 08:55 by Flare.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 09:10 #16

• Flare
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
Great thread!
Thanks for starting it.
Happy to see that there are still real males in earth.

:up:

Here's a movie you don't want to miss:

Warrior - Listen to the beethoven ...

It's really good, trust me ;)
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI, wolfy

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 09:11 #17

• wolfy
  • Silver Member
Flare wrote:

I'll definately check this one out later. Will get back on this. ;)

Here is the Hagler Hearns fight :)

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 09:13 #18

• wolfy
  • Silver Member
This is an amazing documentary about Gatti Ward too, they had an amazing trilogy of fights.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 09:53 #19

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
I like the refinement of fighting skill that boxing provides, but I also like the "anything can happen" aspect of mma. The present moment is a great time for both where Brit fighters are concerned. We've got world champs across the boxing weights, 2 of them the main heavyweights of this time, and we've finally got our first UK belt holder in the UFC, and another Irish guy blazing his own trail.

We haven't quite got Holland's impressive kick-boxing history, but we make up for that with our fisticuffs exploits.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 09:57 #20

• Flare
^ Will check them later and get back to you Wolf.

Here's something fun...

When fighter Badr Hari, who is Moroccan, but born in Holland entered the K-1 tournament he was a fairly young guy.
Had some behaviour problems, as he was very cocky and mocked all the champs there.

Now this Australian guy he had to fight, Peter Graham, was sick of it an called him out during the press conference (@ 03:00)

So after the press conference, Badr picked a fight with him...

And when they were in the ring, Graham gave him his signature kick, a spinning heel-kick, or "Rolling thunder" :D

Which broke his jaw and had Badr only able to eat through a straw for 4 months or so:

But, nevertheless, all his issues aside, Badr Hari is definately one of the best kickboxers ever.
Due to his length and slim build, he has got the speed of a lightweight...

Last Edit: 09 Jun 2016 09:59 by Flare.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare