Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts)

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 10:03 #21

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
Badr was/is an amazing kick-boxer, let down by an over-blown ego and a bullying streak.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 10:08 #22

• Flare
^ Last vid for now... in this match Overeem KO'ed Badr Hari... when they asked for Overeem's comments in the ring, he said something like he had beaten some respect into the guy :D

In a rematch Badr won from Overeem... seems they can get along well lately.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 10:20 #23

• Flare
ragnarok wrote:
Badr was/is an amazing kick-boxer, let down by an over-blown ego and a bullying streak.

Yes, he had the typical Moroccan street-behaviour. And altho he was born in Holland, he rather fights under the Moroccan flag...

He started off with a very good trainer who had him under control and teached him manners. But when he changed trainer he turned for the worse.

Few years ago he was in a fight at a big houseparty (Sensation) in Holland which was held in the Ajax stadium... a famous Dutch millionaire was a bit drunk and walked into his skybox and made a nasty remark at his girlfriend. At that moment Badr went ballistic and beat the guy up and broke off his foot from his leg...

Too bad he got himself in all these kind of troubles, as there were more incidents. Since then he never really got back in his old shape.

He will be fighting Rico Verhoeven in a couple of months... he needs the time to prepare himself, but I think Rico will win, as he is the new champ:

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 10:25 #24

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
Did you see the recent UFC 199 event where Bisping finally got the belt he'd been after for so long?

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 10:40 #25

• wolfy
  • Silver Member
ragnarok wrote:
I like the refinement of fighting skill that boxing provides, but I also like the "anything can happen" aspect of mma. The present moment is a great time for both where Brit fighters are concerned. We've got world champs across the boxing weights, 2 of them the main heavyweights of this time, and we've finally got our first UK belt holder in the UFC, and another Irish guy blazing his own trail.

We haven't quite got Holland's impressive kick-boxing history, but we make up for that with our fisticuffs exploits.

Not really, ok Anthony Joshua is an exciting prospect but like I say, boxers are defined by their opposition and basically there is none in the heavyweight division, as evidenced by the fact David Haye is classed as a good heavyweight and Tyson fury is the champ ffs!! Amir Khan just got annihilated, James de gale will get beaten easily as soon as he fights decent opposition, same with Kel Brook.

We have had some stunning fighters, and we could have an exciting future but it is in the balance now, to say it is a great time is stretching it a hell of a lot. Like I say, boxing has lost its edge completely and MMA has taken over with a storm.

Macgreor made some serious millions in the last two years, there was talk of him fighting Mayweather, which may happen some day, if the money is there, depends if he can avenge his defeat to Diaz, I don't think he will, unless he makes Diaz fight at lightweight, it was insane to fight him at 170 last time.

Bisping will also lose his next fight, Rockhold should have beaten him easily, he was just way too overconfident, basically didn't give him a chance, which is how it should have played out, fair play to him though, he walks the walk.
It was always going to happen!!

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 10:44 #26

• Flare
ragnarok wrote:
Did you see the recent UFC 199 event where Bisping finally got the belt he'd been after for so long?

Didn't see it. I don't follow it that much... atm I only follow what Overeem is doing.

You should check out the documentary on his site. Very relaxed to watch: www.alistairovereem.com/docu

Would be quite awesome if he actually finalizes his 'road to championship' documentary with the UFC belt.
He could go down for being one of the greatest fighters ever, as then he has won every title one could possibly win in MMA/Kickboxing.

And Dana White will have a big headache then I guess, as he's always badmouthing the guy (like he was no match for the UFC) :larf:

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 10:57 #27

• wolfy
  • Silver Member
Flare wrote:
ragnarok wrote:

Didn't see it. I don't follow it that much... atm I only follow what Overeem is doing.

You should check out the documentary on his site. Very relaxed to watch: www.alistairovereem.com/docu

Would be quite awesome if he actually finalizes his 'road to championship' documentary with the UFC belt.
He could go down for being one of the greatest fighters ever, as then he has won every title one could possibly win in MMA/Kickboxing.

And Dana White will have a big headache then I guess, as he's always badmouthing the guy (like he was no match for the UFC) :larf:

yes, would be good for the heritage of the sport if he can do it, and this is his best chance against miocic, although I think Overeem would have destroyed Werdum.... It is quite a stacked Heavyweight division, Cant wait for Cain to get fit again....

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 11:05 #28

• Flare
ragnarok wrote:
I like the refinement of fighting skill that boxing provides, but I also like the "anything can happen" aspect of mma. The present moment is a great time for both where Brit fighters are concerned. We've got world champs across the boxing weights, 2 of them the main heavyweights of this time, and we've finally got our first UK belt holder in the UFC, and another Irish guy blazing his own trail.

We haven't quite got Holland's impressive kick-boxing history, but we make up for that with our fisticuffs exploits.

We had two boxing world champs in the past, Regilio Tuur and Arnold van der Leijden.

However, boxing has moved to the background in Holland, since kickboxing became more popular. And MMA is making a big rise here now.
But it's still fascinating that the Dutch take it all away regarding kickboxing in the world. Altho, there's one guy in his weightclass who of course is an absolute legend: Buakaw por Pramuk.

Classic Muay Thai fighter, from Thailand. Absolutely the best of the best this guy.

I also like the way he trains.. just in the jungle, on cheap equipment and stuff in stead of all the fancy gym's we've got here.

Check his brutal training here from 02:40 onwards...

Last Edit: 09 Jun 2016 11:07 by Flare.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 11:08 #29

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
Wolfy, you under-rate Tyson Fury at your own peril. The most under threat he's looked in his whole career was from his own uppercut. He has a style and a lack of fear that could have made Tyson in his prime look silly. He might seem like a big buffoon, but there's an extremely smart fighting brain inside that skull, and Joshua isn't ready for him yet.

I might be over-stretching it to call these times great compared to boxing's heyday, but in light of the competition for people's attention, I still think we're doing really well.

Re- McGregor v Mayweather, as much as I'd be interested in seeing how near he got to Floyd, I'd really prefer him to focus on his UFC career. A rematch against Diaz will do me, but I don't mind the alternatives of fights against Dos Anjos, Cerrone, Edgar, Pettis, and, of course, the rematch v Aldo.

While it's impossible to say a fighter won't get beat in a UFC match, I think you are dismissing Bisping too lightly in a rematch with Rockhold. Yes, Luke was a little too relaxed, but there was nothing sloppy about the way Bisping made him pay for it, and now Mike has that champion's mentality to go with his already considerable self-belief. I doubt he'll let it go to his head like Rockhold did. Whatever the outcome, Bisping's story is an inspirational one for anybody.
Last Edit: 09 Jun 2016 11:18 by ragnarok.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 11:12 #30

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
wolfy wrote:
yes, would be good for the heritage of the sport if he can do it, and this is his best chance against miocic, although I think Overeem would have destroyed Werdum.... It is quite a stacked Heavyweight division, Cant wait for Cain to get fit again....

I like Stipe's "No hype, just get the job done" approach to his career. He reminds me a little of Shane Carwin, another humble guy who was just good at what he did. Miocic and Cain would be a fun fight to watch.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 11:21 #31

• wolfy
  • Silver Member
ragnarok wrote:
Wolfy, you under-rate Tyson Fury at your own peril. The most under threat he's looked in his whole career was from his own uppercut. He might seem like a big buffoon, but there's an extremely smart fighting brain inside that skull, and Joshua isn't ready for him yet.

I might be over-stretching it to call these times great compared to boxing's heyday, but in light of the competition for people's attention, I still think we're doing really well.

Re- McGregor v Mayweather, as much as I'd be interested in seeing how near he got to Floyd, I'd really prefer him to focus on his UFC career. A rematch against Diaz will do me, but I don't mind the alternatives of fights against Dos Anjos, Cerrone, Edgar, Pettis, and, of course, the rematch v Aldo.

While it's impossible to say a fighter won't get beat in a UFC match, I think you are dismissing Bisping too lightly in a rematch with Rockhold. Yes, Luke was a little too relaxed, but there was nothing sloppy about the way Bisping made him pay for it, and now Mike has that champion's mentality to go with his already considerable self-belief. I doubt he'll let it go to his head like Rockhold did. Whatever the outcome, Bisping's story is an inspirational one for anybody.

Joshua will absolutely destroy Fury!! I think it would be over in two rounds maximum......

Bisping should never have gotten a title shot really, it was only his mouth that got him there, and he is a UFC stalwart, like I say he walks the walk, will fight anybody, anytime and the fans like him, basically he is good for business, and Dana white likes that, fair play to him but I would be very surprised to see him retain his title, although it doesn't matter now, he has achieved his destiny and all the best to him....

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 11:36 #32

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
You can't be wishing him too much of the best if you are begrudging him his title shot. Yes, there was some good fortune on Mike's part in Weidman getting injured, but there was nobody more entitled or deserving to step in and take up that opportunity.

As for AJ destroying Fury, I appreciate your optimism, but I still don't think he's ready yet. AJ has the advantage of having lots of room for improvement, but I think Tyson's experience would expose his own lack of ring time and enable him to get a decision or a late finish..

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 11:49 #33

• wolfy
  • Silver Member
ragnarok wrote:
You can't be wishing him too much of the best if you are begrudging him his title shot. Yes, there was some good fortune on Mike's part in Weidman getting injured, but there was nobody more entitled or deserving to step in and take up that opportunity.

As for AJ destroying Fury, I appreciate your optimism, but I still don't think he's ready yet. AJ has the advantage of having lots of room for improvement, but I think Tyson's experience would expose his own lack of ring time and enable him to get a decision or a late finish..

How do you see that I am begrudging him? I am just saying it like it is, if somebody pulls out of a fight a week before, there are very few fighters ready or willing to jump in, Bisping is one of those that will. He lost to nearly every decent fighter he fought, ok he bet silva at the end of his career and he probably deserved a chance and he took he, I am glad that he did, it's good for the sport, I doubt if he will defend it though..

Your entitled to your opinion, I thinks it's tosh. Joshua would absolutely destroy Fury, quickly....... I think we will find out soon, if fury doesn't retire in the mean time.
Last Edit: 09 Jun 2016 11:50 by wolfy.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 11:50 #34

• wolfy
  • Silver Member
I also think that you haven't got a clue what you are talking about and are googling as you go ;)

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 11:59 #35

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
1/10 for the troll, 2/10 for your opinions and a solid 3 for your own knowledge content.

In a contest where a W can come from anywhere, there's no great weight attached to such defeats. He arguably should have got results against The Axeman and Rashad and I have no doubt he'd get his revenge over Dan Henderson if he steps up again, and that's the man who beat the GOAT. MMA maths are notoriously unreliable.*

* Courtesy of Google MMA Analytics..
Last Edit: 09 Jun 2016 12:06 by ragnarok.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 13:40 #36

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
Wolfy, come out to play-ayyy! Cat got your tongue, or are you deep in the bowels of google looking for a witty response?

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 13:59 #37

• wolfy
  • Silver Member
ragnarok wrote:
Wolfy, come out to play-ayyy! Cat got your tongue, or are you deep in the bowels of google looking for a witty response?

I don't need google, not that it matters but I have every UFC recorded since UFC 76, you could say I am a bit Nerdy with it, same with boxing, that is why your "google" opinions stand out like a sore thumb ;)

What's up? did you want to be included in Phiz's "real man" comment.

Unfortunately, you are in druids camp, hence not a proper bloke, unlucky druid 2 hahahahaha
Last Edit: 09 Jun 2016 14:01 by wolfy.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 15:41 #38

• Straight Shooter
Flare wrote:
Any MMA or kickboxing fans on the forum..?

In the coming months our champion Alistair Overeem (Dutch/Jamaican) will go for the UFC title.

If he wins, he has won it all: K-1, Pride, Strikeforce, Dream and UFC which would be incredible.
K-1 was thé kickboxing tournament back in the day. Pride were crazy tournaments, as it was allowed to kick the opponent to the head
on the ground, which was called the 'soccer kick'... it's forbidden now. And UFC is the most reknown MMA tournament in the world atm.

He's actually got a very nice documentary about him on his own website, which follows him on foot: www.alistairovereem.com/docu

Man fuck that cheating piece of shit Alistair Overeem. When Brock Lesnar came back from his diverticulitis surgery of having 12 feet of his colon removed he had to fight Alistair Overeem who's testosterone was 20x what it should be. Overeem went straight to kicking Brock's surgically repaired stomach causing Lesnar to take a knee and stop the match. After the test for steroids came back positive Alistair had to pay Brock via lawsuit. It's something UFC never talks about but you can read about it on MMA forums like Sherdog ect...

bleacherreport.com/articles/1133417-brock-lesnars-ufc-141-loss-to-alistair-overeem-should-be-overturned

sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-iole_alistair_overeem_failed_test_dana_white_040412

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 15:43 #39

• wolfy
  • Silver Member
.......... wrote:
Flare wrote:
Any MMA or kickboxing fans on the forum..?

In the coming months our champion Alistair Overeem (Dutch/Jamaican) will go for the UFC title.

If he wins, he has won it all: K-1, Pride, Strikeforce, Dream and UFC which would be incredible.
K-1 was thé kickboxing tournament back in the day. Pride were crazy tournaments, as it was allowed to kick the opponent to the head
on the ground, which was called the 'soccer kick'... it's forbidden now. And UFC is the most reknown MMA tournament in the world atm.

He's actually got a very nice documentary about him on his own website, which follows him on foot: www.alistairovereem.com/docu

Man fuck that cheating piece of shit Alistair Overeem. When Brock Lesnar came back from his diverticulitis surgery of having 12 feet of his colon removed he had to fight Alistair Overeem who's testosterone was 20x what it should be. Overeem went straight to kicking Brock's surgically repaired stomach causing Lesnar to take a knee and stop the match. After the test for steroids came back positive Alistair had to pay Brock via lawsuit. It's something UFC never talks about but you can read about it on MMA forums like Sherdog ect...

bleacherreport.com/articles/1133417-brock-lesnars-ufc-141-loss-to-alistair-overeem-should-be-overturned

sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-iole_alistair_overeem_failed_test_dana_white_040412

Well Brock is fighting again in the UFC at 200 against MArk hunt, a re match would be interesting :)

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 15:44 #40

• GMP
  • Silver Member
Seen this.
Said this.
Was drummed off a MA forum for saying this.
Any half way competent MMA practitioner will kick the erse of the highest ranked specialist MA practitioner.
Irresepective of discipline.
MMA will always 'win' because it is more flexible and 'craftier' that any purist MA form.
Last Edit: 09 Jun 2016 15:45 by GMP.