Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts)

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 19:33 #81

• Flare
ragnarok wrote:
Jones is like the upgraded, extra-large size version of Anderson Silva. Supremely confident and extremely capable. The way he manhandled Shogun was a sight to behold.

Yes, he's very good.

However, he's a real ***hole tho. Uses a lot of dirty tricks (eye poking) and was jailed outside the ring because of a hit and run accident...

That said, he is the greatest talent in MMA I think. Read somewhere the guy only practiced the sport for a year or two and already was a top UFC fighter throwing out the craziest techniques. Quite incredible.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 19:35 #82

• Straight Shooter
Flare wrote:
I don't agree... Brock is just brute force. Not very much athletic about that..

Now you're talking complete fuckin' stupidness dude is pure athlete.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 19:39 #83

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
It's not like he goes out of his way to be dirty in the ring. He doesn't need to. He's just one big, awkward, highly-skilled, rangy motherfucker who gets the job done. As much as I'd like to see Cormier be the first to pummel him out, I don't think it is going to happen, although I do expect Dan to give Jones his toughest fight ever this time.

ps. dots. there's many an elite wrestler who has lost their hunger for the grind when it includes getting elbowed in the face. Brock, give him his due, put himself to the test, but I don't think he really has the appetite for it.
Last Edit: 09 Jun 2016 19:48 by ragnarok.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 19:56 #84

• Flare
.......... wrote:
Flare wrote:
I don't agree... Brock is just brute force. Not very much athletic about that..

Now you're talking complete fuckin' stupidness dude is pure athlete.

Myea... well, in that case everyone's an 'athlete' in the UFC ofc, since they all can run, jump, throw a kick and punch.

Brock is brute force, coming right at you like a wild bull and nothing that holds that away. You won't see him stand and fight using some fine-tuned techniques. Man can be MMA-er what he wants, but if someone is just very strong and mixes that up with some wrestling technique, most won't stand a chance.

Same goes for our Dutch kickboxer Sem Schilt. The guy is huuuge and he won K-1 four times.
Now his style doesn't look that great at all and he basically won because of his mad reach... for as smaller opponents, (which everyone was) had to get through a barrage of punches or kicks before they got to him. A standing fight is really fucked up against a much taller person.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 20:07 #85

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
In a one on one situation tho', that is where a great wrestler with basic punching skills can put you in a world of trouble, once he takes away your standing advantage.
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 20:21 #86

• Flare
ragnarok wrote:
In a one on one situation tho', that is where a great wrestler with basic punching skills can put you in a world of trouble, once he takes away your standing advantage.

Yep, one sure does. Wolfy was right that a wrestler would stand the best chance in MMA for surviving, if one only has trained on 1 MA.
(or BJJ ofc)

Smaller people also have a lot more advantage on the ground against a taller person btw.
So if needed, better take one to the ground so you take away their advantage and put them in a disadvantage.

Edit: unless he's heavy as fuck of course... then better run first. :D
Last Edit: 09 Jun 2016 20:22 by Flare.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 20:39 #87

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
I have a cousin who got into submission wrestling fairly late on, as a supplement to his natural fighting skills which he'd honed working on club and pub doors. He was about 28 when he started, and within about 3 yrs, he was ragging almost everybody in the gym and he was about 5ft7" max and 90k. He eventually became a trainer himself and has coached a few fighters to belt winning standard.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 20:45 #88

• Flare
What do you guys think of this new MMA fighter, Rico Verhoeven? (currently world champion kickboxing)

I think he's definately someone to keep an eye on...

Dude's got it all: the posture, the technique, the strenght and the looks of a fuckin' warrior. :D

Just look at how very clean and fine his technique is... he TKO'd the guy in the first round:

Looks to me there's a new Ultimate Fighter moving up the ranks. :)

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 09 Jun 2016 21:31 #89

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
He looks promising, I'll agree. We're well overdue a European heavyweight belt holder, so all up and comers are welcome.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) - Krav Magna 10 Jun 2016 19:28 #90

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
As an aside:

Durch die Rüstungsagentur Sibat des israelischen Verteidigungsministeriums wird Krav-Maga-Training der IKMF als offizieller Rüstungsexport Israels an befreundete Staaten vertrieben. Unter anderem hat die schwedische Armee Krav-Maga-Unterricht für ihre Soldaten über diesen Weg bezogen. Auch an der Luftlande- und Lufttransportschule der Bundeswehr lehren seit Anfang 2008 zwei IKMF-Instruktoren militärisches Krav Maga im Rahmen des Einzelkämpferlehrgangs.
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Krav_Maga_Federation#IKMF_heute

By armaments agency Sibat of the Israeli Defense Ministry Krav Maga training IKMF is distributed as an official arms export of Israel to friendly countries. Among others, the Swedish Army bought Krav Maga teaching for their soldiers in this way. Also at the Airborne and Air Transport School of the Bundeswehr two IKMF instructors teach military Krav Maga since early 2008 under the lone course.

Guess why!

Connect the dots!

External reference:

Defense Aid Branch, Sibat en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ministry_of_Defense_%28Israel%29#Structure

ISRAEL DEFENSE www.israeldefense.co.il/en/company/sibat-israel-ministry-defense

Welcome to Sibat
www.sibat.mod.gov.il/Pages/home.aspx

More information CLICK

:right: Israeli Special Forces Units

"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 10 Jun 2016 20:46 by PFIZIPFEI.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 10 Jun 2016 20:02 #91

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
Jew-fu and Jew-jitsu are so dangerous that none of the masters of these arts are allowed to enter any kind of competition to prove their ability. They are THAT good.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 11 Jun 2016 03:52 #92

• Flare
ragnarok wrote:
Jew-fu and Jew-jitsu are so dangerous that none of the masters of these arts are allowed to enter any kind of competition to prove their ability. They are THAT good.

No it isn't. It's quite an overhyped self-defense system which can even be dangerous to the individuals practising it as it gives a false sense of security, because someone is trained in KM in disarming knives or other weapons in a controlled environment, doesn't make it for the real life for when someone has a knife on him. There's been an incident where some KM guy thought he could take someone out who was threatening another person a knife, only to get stabbed and seriously injured.

That said, it's always good to train on it of course. And the lessons always are when someone pulls a knife, first try to escape.
Basically what KM teaches is some good escape-techniques for when someone holds you standing or on the ground. Give a devastating blow (like a kick to the knee or strike to the throat) and then move away asap. However, such a move on such a small target is very difficult to land once in a real fight with full aggression.

I remember one of our trainers taking on a MMA trainer, and the MMA trainer folded him up like a Christmas-present.
The excuse for the MMA trainer winning was that the KM trainer couldn't use his (illegal) techniques... but I'm sure he would have lost it anyway, unless he could have landed one of his techniques by sheer luck.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 11 Jun 2016 04:04 #93

• Flare
@ Pfiz

Here's some more of your adorable Christian MMA-fighter :D :)

Seems like he is making a comeback... very nice documentary:

Fedor Return of the Last Emperor

After watching that, I checked what that Russian Banya massage was all about... this is must see :larf:

Last Edit: 11 Jun 2016 04:05 by Flare.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 11 Jun 2016 05:41 #94

• Flare
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

@ Wolfy

Nice fight! :) Amazing to see the cardio on these guys btw, as they're hopping around on their feet all the time which drains energy.
(Been watching (parts) of the other fight as well)

Must say that I'm not that much into boxing tho. But boxing truly is an art. The untrained eye sees only a slugfest, but it's all really tactical and extreme amount of technique involved. I learnt about that when years ago I did kickboxing and had to spar (round of boxing only) a guy who was training for B-class fights... :D (later he became pro) Well, that guy hammered me like no-tomorrow. Didn't see most of his punches coming as they went so fast. And his defense was almost impenetrable for an amateur. And if I got a solid punch through, well, that would be answered by 3 in return with the speed of light, which felt like if as being hit with bricks :larf:

If one chooses to be MA purist for self-defense, boxing is the best after wrestling I think, as almost no 'fancy' kicks would be given in a street-fight anyway. Maybe a low-kick, but that will be it.

That said, being a pro-boxer is very unhealthy I think, compared to MMA. Altho MMA looks brutal and can get bloody, the fights are mostly over directly after a good hit. While with boxing those rounds can last till the 15th, while taking continuous blows to the head.
Last Edit: 11 Jun 2016 05:43 by Flare.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 11 Jun 2016 07:50 #95

• rodin
  • Spam Killer
  • BELIEF IS THE ENEMY OF TRUTH
Been to a couple of MMA competition bouts where my sons were involved. That's all from me on the subject, more into biking here...
To understand who rules over you look to whom you tube can't criticise

The media isn't there to cover the news
It's there to cover the news up

All establishment lies pass through three stages
First, they are accepted as being self evident
Second, they are exposed by diligent research
Third, they are enforced

"Communism is the bloodiest, most difficult and the most terrible way from capitalism to capitalism" from Under the Sign of the Scorpion by Juri Lina

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 11 Jun 2016 08:24 #96

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
Flare, wasn't it obvious from my labelling("jew-fu/jew-jitsu") of these fictional martial arts that I was mocking the idea that they were ultra-effective in any scenario, not slavishly supporting the hype?

As to a Fedor return, if Dan Henderson can still be putting up respectable performances, his age alone is no barrier to a brief comeback. I'd love to see The Last Emperor show Brock that size, strength and athleticism isn't everything, or get into a ground battle with Cain Velasquez.
Last Edit: 11 Jun 2016 09:55 by ragnarok.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 11 Jun 2016 12:18 #97

• Flare
ragnarok wrote:
Flare, wasn't it obvious from my labelling("jew-fu/jew-jitsu") of these fictional martial arts that I was mocking the idea that they were ultra-effective in any scenario, not slavishly supporting the hype?

As to a Fedor return, if Dan Henderson can still be putting up respectable performances, his age alone is no barrier to a brief comeback. I'd love to see The Last Emperor show Brock that size, strength and athleticism isn't everything, or get into a ground battle with Cain Velasquez.

Ha, well... as you're normally trolling around the place, I couldn't distinguish it from you being serious for once. :larf: :)

But I see you know a lot about the technical stuff we're talking about. :)

Well, as the documentary shows, Fedor won't be returning to the UFC as he thinks Dana White is an asshole and way too disrespectful to the fighters, in which he is 100% correct. Dana is just this piece of shit who likes to create tension between the athletes, in stead of like the Japanese who have high respect for them and would carry them around. Also, I think Fedor is a little too old to take it on with all the roided competitors within the UFC. Fedor is a clean born and natural fighter without any sign of a big mouth, in contrary to what's going on in the UFC.

Therefore the Japanese Pride team has started a new tournament with Fedor as the salesman. Let's hope it catches ground.
(Not to say in Japan is PED-free, but I think a new, clean start for the fighters would actually be nice)

I've seen Fedor has his next fight next week on the 17th... let's keep an eye on what he's gonna do. :)

(Pfiz probably will as well I've noticed :D ;) )
Last Edit: 11 Jun 2016 12:19 by Flare.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 11 Jun 2016 12:43 #98

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
I'd like to see Fedor put aside any dislike he has for DW, and just have one run at proving who's boss in the UFC. I know it's unlikely, but I can always hope.

Re- techniques that are effective in real life situations, as opposed to a gym or a supervised octagon, this is my go-to move.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 11 Jun 2016 14:00 #99

• Straight Shooter
ragnarok wrote:
I'd like to see Fedor put aside any dislike he has for DW, and just have one run at proving who's boss in the UFC. I know it's unlikely, but I can always hope.

I agree if he really wants to cement his legacy he needs to go to UFC where he can fight the top guys and win a title.

I seen on Sherdog where people were hoping he would face Brock at UFC 200 before Hunt was announced.

MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts) 11 Jun 2016 14:54 #100

• Flare
ragnarok wrote:

Re- techniques that are effective in real life situations, as opposed to a gym or a supervised octagon, this is my go-to move.

Myea, well.. I think Fedor is too old now to take it up with the higher classes within the roided up UFC. Altho the Reem is not on ped's anymore.. I think Fedor has been too long out of the game, and too old at 39 to really catch up with him.... or not? On the other hand... Reem is 36...

Dana White is just an asshole, making money over the backs of his fighters and pretending to be a nice and smart guy every now and then, while in fact he's an ******* if one takes a good look at this guy.