Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wisdom of the one eyed owl.

Wisdom of the one eyed owl. 01 Aug 2013 03:57 #1

• jonb
Some of you may have wondered why the owl with one open eye is a traditional symbol of wisdom. This is because to draw the owl you have the knowledge of the golden mean. The ratio that the ancients thought underlay life. To explain.
the Fibanacc series 1,1,2,3,5,8,13, 21. etc. you get the next number in the series by adding the last two.We can draw this-

Fig 1 We draw a single square. 1
Fig2 We draw another next to it of the same size. 1+1
Fig 3 We draw another square the width of the first two underneath. 1+1=2
Fig 4 We can continue in this way and draw a new larger square to the right the same hight as the first and third squares and this will be three by three. 1+2=3.
Fig 5 the series becomes the golden mean, the curve in red. A circle in the first box, a quarter circle in the next, and the next and so on curving around the original.
Fig A the first three boxes with the curve
Fig B You see its the owl with one open eye, now you have the wisdom of the first steps of the curve of the golden mean.
Last Edit: 01 Aug 2013 03:59 by jonb.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata, username

Wisdom of the one eyed owl. 01 Aug 2013 08:52 #2

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
jonb wrote:
To explain.
the Fibanacc series 1,1,2,3,5,8,13, 21. etc.

It's Fibonacci
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

Wisdom of the one eyed owl. 01 Aug 2013 10:30 #3

• username

:)

:D

I don't think the ancients were wrong in thinking that it underlaid life jonb, it's compelling just how much 1.618 is present in nature.

When I choose eyepieces for my telescope i find jumps in magnification around 1.6x most pleasing!
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb

Wisdom of the one eyed owl. 01 Aug 2013 12:02 #4

• jonb
This dyslexic, has studied the ancient geometry for a long time because I think there is a lot to it.

Wisdom of the one eyed owl. 01 Aug 2013 12:23 #5

• username
jonb wrote:
This dyslexic, has studied the ancient geometry for a long time because I think there is a lot to it.

Agreed. You making this thread got me thinking; I've read a study once where they set about showing that when apparent in nature, fibbonacci spirals and the golden ratio can just be shown to be a consequence of minimal surface/packing (therefore lowest energy) of some structures depending on the building blocks

I just can't find it!!!

Wisdom of the one eyed owl. 01 Aug 2013 14:12 #6

• novum
  • Platinum Member
username wrote:
I just can't find it!!!

Its probably on the Icke forum somewhere. :hahano:
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
User(s) who Liked this post: username

Wisdom of the one eyed owl. 01 Aug 2013 14:23 #7

• username
novum wrote:
username wrote:
I just can't find it!!!

Its probably on the Icke forum somewhere. :hahano:

:D

I see they have a science section. I have never browsed it

edit:this is the sort of thing I'm on about, it isn't the study i was referring to

www.asknature.org/strategy/08ba894a508330861bac3ef1b574d804

it holds for a lot of situations where irregular shapes get packed in nature
Last Edit: 01 Aug 2013 14:29 by username.

Wisdom of the one eyed owl. 01 Aug 2013 14:30 #8

• jonb
Yes that is true, but there is far more to it, the way the numbers spiral around the golden mean getting ever closer but never resolving, the effects of the proportions have on our thinking, the harmonies of space sound etc, and once used the dynamics they set up. How that proportion appears in things which every sensible mind will tell you are quite unrelated. Now I know I have an emotional response to the ratio, and this can be explained that this is merely because, I have built that into myself because I have studied it for so long, but I know it affects others who do not register consciously whether it is present or not..

Wisdom of the one eyed owl. 01 Aug 2013 14:33 #9

• novum
  • Platinum Member
username wrote:
I see they have a science section. I have never browsed it

Yeah im like that with their religion section.

Ive heard scary things.
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Last Edit: 01 Aug 2013 14:34 by novum.

Wisdom of the one eyed owl. 01 Aug 2013 14:53 #10

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
novum wrote:
Yeah im like that with their religion section.

Ive heard scary things.

I had a peek once.... :hide:

Not recommended.
The pen is mightier than the sword
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, PFIZIPFEI

Wisdom of the one eyed owl. 01 Aug 2013 15:07 #11

• jonb
I have not only read whole sections of it I have posted there, and have actually met people I would now call friends, My first question on entering a pub is not who the landlord is. Though at times I may have been more wise to have done so. Even so it is often a joy what is to be found in the most unexpected of places.

Wisdom of the one eyed owl. 01 Aug 2013 17:30 #12

• username
jonb wrote:
Yes that is true, but there is far more to it, the way the numbers spiral around the golden mean getting ever closer but never resolving, the effects of the proportions have on our thinking, the harmonies of space sound etc, and once used the dynamics they set up. How that proportion appears in things which every sensible mind will tell you are quite unrelated. Now I know I have an emotional response to the ratio, and this can be explained that this is merely because, I have built that into myself because I have studied it for so long, but I know it affects others who do not register consciously whether it is present or not..

Whether people consciously realise it or not there is something special surrounding fibbonacci sequences and their relations.

It may be pleasing to us as it is so prevalent in nature and people are pleased by what is familiar.

What you're getting at with things never quite resolving is quite normal in the universe, look how much is based on the value of pi!

We are determinant beings in a universe with no exact solution!

I must say that the only thing that has really caught my eye in way of an explanation to some aspects of it is the nature minimum energy packing stuff I highlighted above (plus stuff like other packing in nature, DNA helices etc) and that caught my eye as that sort of thing is of personal interest to me.

Scales in music, differences in brightness all have points in them that can be related to fibonacci so I suppose there's energy band gaps that are pleasing too.

What explanations are you interested in?
Last Edit: 01 Aug 2013 17:31 by username.

Wisdom of the one eyed owl. 01 Aug 2013 18:22 #13

• jonb
What it is that I find fascinating is that the ratio almost seems to be a default setting when all other forces are equal in comes the ratio. For instance yes you might say this works because it creates an excellent form for packing, and the ratio turning up in our body or for that most lifeforms could be no more than a consequence of that, but It is hard to see then why it would also affect growth patterns in time not just space. Yes there are ratios like Pi which appear in nature, but why is it that the golden mean has more of a pull in effecting us than these other ratios. Which can be seen with an almost obsessive predominance of the ratio being used by ancient cultures.
Now since I am as an artist philosophically drawn to absurdist thought, the question is are we seeing the predominance of this ratio because it is there or is it that we are in some way programmed to see it?

Wisdom of the one eyed owl. 01 Aug 2013 18:45 #14

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
My first question on entering a pub is not who the landlord is

Point jon.

After all, what is a pub but the sum of its regulars?

Same goes for internet forums. :cool:
The pen is mightier than the sword

Wisdom of the one eyed owl. 01 Aug 2013 18:52 #15

• Ultimate Seeker ™
Yes there are ratios like Pi which appear in nature, but why is it that the golden mean has more of a pull in effecting us than these other ratios. Which can be seen with an almost obsessive predominance of the ratio being used by ancient cultures.
Is it true that this mathematic equation and fibonacci numbers were "used" prior to Fibonacci and what were they used for?

Thanks very nice post.
...Molti nemici molto onore...

Wisdom of the one eyed owl. 01 Aug 2013 19:08 #16

• username
jonb wrote:
What it is that I find fascinating is that the ratio almost seems to be a default setting when all other forces are equal in comes the ratio. For instance yes you might say this works because it creates an excellent form for packing, and the ratio turning up in our body or for that most lifeforms could be no more than a consequence of that, but It is hard to see then why it would also affect growth patterns in time not just space. Yes there are ratios like Pi which appear in nature, but why is it that the golden mean has more of a pull in effecting us than these other ratios. Which can be seen with an almost obsessive predominance of the ratio being used by ancient cultures.
Now since I am as an artist philosophically drawn to absurdist thought, the question is are we seeing the predominance of this ratio because it is there or is it that we are in some way programmed to see it?

Italics bit

I like circles too! I was referring more to the digits of pi being the solution to everything and nothing at the same time and you can never get an exact result as its never ending

Bolded bit

I would say a bit of both; it is always there due to minimum energy considerations in nature (which nature always wants to do when it gets the chance) but we're programmed to see it because we have grown up in a universe where it is prevalent. Whether the seed was planted by something or someone (see what i did there :D) who knows. I personally believe not - I think we're just a random pool of stability in a sea of chaos - but that's just my personal belief

Looking at some buidings with it could have been used for some stress engineering like dry stone walls which could be a result of trial and error, a mistake
Last Edit: 01 Aug 2013 19:09 by username.

Wisdom of the one eyed owl. 01 Aug 2013 19:10 #17

• username
Ultimate Seeker ™ wrote:
Yes there are ratios like Pi which appear in nature, but why is it that the golden mean has more of a pull in effecting us than these other ratios. Which can be seen with an almost obsessive predominance of the ratio being used by ancient cultures.
Is it true that this mathematic equation and fibonacci numbers were "used" prior to Fibonacci and what were they used for?

Thanks very nice post.

Sun Dials were used before people realised the nature of electromagnetic radiation
Last Edit: 01 Aug 2013 19:11 by username.

Wisdom of the one eyed owl. 01 Aug 2013 19:30 #18

• Ultimate Seeker ™
That's a good analogy. :cheers:
...Molti nemici molto onore...

Wisdom of the one eyed owl. 01 Aug 2013 19:57 #19

• jonb
diamondgeezer wrote:
My first question on entering a pub is not who the landlord is

Point jon.

After all, what is a pub but the sum of its regulars?
That is the sort of line one would expect from a generous host, saying it is about the regulars rather that the work done behind the scenes.

Wisdom of the one eyed owl. 01 Aug 2013 20:02 #20

• jonb
username wrote:

I think we're just a random pool of stability in a sea of chaos - but that's just my personal belief

I would say I think much the same as you do, so if we see the same pattern appearing in our stability then is there something structural about it that has not yet been identified?