Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Rolf Harris charged with indecent assaults on children

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assaults on children 09 May 2014 22:55 #1

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 18944
  • Likes received: 8927
Rolf Harris trial jury sworn in - Six men and six women selected as jurors for Southwark crown court trial over alleged indecent assaults

A jury has been sworn in for the trial of Rolf Harris, who is accused of a string of indecent assaults.

The 84-year-old artist and entertainer arrived at London's Southwark crown court accompanied by his wife, Alwen, who looked on from the public gallery with other family members as he sat in the glass-walled dock.

Wearing a grey suit, pink shirt with blue stripes and a red and black tie, Harris, from Bray in Berkshire, listened to proceedings through a hearing loop.

A panel of 12 made up of six men and six women, along with three extras – two men and one woman – were chosen from a pool of more than 20 potential jurors.

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/may/08/rolf-harris-jury-sworn-in


Harris’s trial is expected to take evidence from 100 witnesses, 78 of them for the prosecution.

More: www.theaustralian.com.au/news/rolf-harris-painting-to-remain-on-penhalluriack-building-supplies-wall-in-caulfield/story-e6frg6n6-1226909317518
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assaults on children 09 May 2014 22:58 #2

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 18944
  • Likes received: 8927
Entertainer Rolf Harris known as the "octopus" for touching women, court hears

LONDON (Reuters) - Australian entertainer Rolf Harris, a TV family favorite in his homeland and Britain for more than 50 years, was known as the "octopus" for the way he assaulted women, a London court was told on Friday.

Harris, 84, is the biggest name to go on trial since British police launched a major investigation sparked by revelations that the late BBC TV host Jimmy Savile was a prolific child sex abuser, leading to the arrest of more than a dozen aging celebrities.

Harris is known by millions in Britain and Australia for pop chart hits such as "Two Little Boys" and "Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport."

A keen artist, he painted Queen Elizabeth's portrait in 2005, was honored by her for his services to entertainment and charity and performed at her 2012 Diamond Jubilee concert.

The white-bearded, bespectacled entertainer sat silently in the dock as he was accused of 12 counts of indecent assault against four girls between 1968 and 1986, the youngest of whom was aged just seven or eight at the time of the alleged offence.
He denies the charges.

On the opening day of what is expected to be a six-week trial at Southwark crown Court, the 12-member jury of six men and six women heard that Harris had a reputation at an Australian TV channel for his inappropriate behavior.

“He was known as the octopus because of the way he would put his hands all over women,” said prosecutor Sasha Wass. "He took advantage of his fame and popularity."

Wass also said Harris wrote a letter of confession to the father of one of his victims where he accepted that he had had a sexual relationship with the girl but did not say it occurred whilst she was under-age.

ca.celebrity.yahoo.com/news/entertainer-rolf-harris-known-octopus-touching-women-court-112433117.html
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assaults on children 09 May 2014 22:59 #3

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 18944
  • Likes received: 8927
Rolf Harris groomed and molested a friend of his daughter from the age of 13 onwards, a court has heard.

The children's entertainer is accused of indecently assaulting her and three other girls between 1968 and 1986

The court heard she used alcohol to cope from the age of 14 and was abused by Mr Harris until she was 29.

Outlining its case at Southwark Crown Court, the prosecution described Mr Harris, 84, as a "Jekyll and Hyde" character. He denies all 12 charges.'

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27340134
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assaults on children 09 May 2014 23:06 #4

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20381
  • Likes received: 7951
Explicit descriptions of what he did to the girls, some of them as young as eight!
"Groping" is NOT a suitable term for his sexual assaults.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2624114/Rolf-Harris-trial-hears-confession-letter-alleged-victims-father.html


Btw, I recall a DIF member using his name and photo as avatar picture and my memories of his behaviour are not the best either.
.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assaults on children 09 May 2014 23:20 #5

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 18944
  • Likes received: 8927
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assaults on children 09 May 2014 23:43 #6

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20381
  • Likes received: 7951


Flamboyant star: The Australian-born artist was made a Commander of the British Empire (CBE) in 2006. Above, Harris is pictured prior to receiving the award (left), and after receiving it from the Princess Royal (right)



Harris spoke to the Queen and Kylie Minogue after the Diamond Jubilee Concert at Buckingham Palace in 2012



His wife appears to be more than pleased
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 09 May 2014 23:44 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assaults on children 09 May 2014 23:52 #7

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 18944
  • Likes received: 8927
She always looks like that.

Probably on something all the time. :cruiselarf:
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assaults on children 10 May 2014 09:38 #8

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20381
  • Likes received: 7951
I would not be surprised if both had "German" survivor ancestors ;)
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assaults on children 10 May 2014 10:21 #9

  • i-baster
  • i-baster's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Posts: 339
  • Likes received: 162
It is a shame to see this kind of story released and the person being accused is instantly guilty to some. I think he deserves a trial first personally. I don`t see him talking to the Queen meaning that the Queen was involved in any way either(and I am no fan of the Queen)
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assaults on children 10 May 2014 10:21 #10

  • i-baster
  • i-baster's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Posts: 339
  • Likes received: 162
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
I would not be surprised if both had "German" survivor ancestors ;)

What do you mean?
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assaults on children 10 May 2014 10:41 #11

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20381
  • Likes received: 7951
i-baster wrote:
It is a shame to see this kind of story released and the person being accused is instantly guilty to some. I think he deserves a trial first personally. I don`t see him talking to the Queen meaning that the Queen was involved in any way either(and I am no fan of the Queen)



^
Master apologist of all sorts of abominable crimes against humankind at work.

You and your apologist comrades in "spirit" love the "NWO" so much that you jump in on every blog and forum, no matter how small or insignificant, whenever the final completion of the protocols seems to be at stake, because a thinking human being dares to speak out against your lies and deceptions.

Won't help, the truth is out there since long.
Blogs and forums represent only a minority of the majority who is already in the know.
Your "brave new world" is DEAD ON ARRIVAL!

:)
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 10 May 2014 11:23 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assaults on children 10 May 2014 20:03 #12

  • i-baster
  • i-baster's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Posts: 339
  • Likes received: 162
You never actually talk to me do you. You talk to some imaginary "liberal feminist".

I am suggesting that anybody accused of a crime deserves a fair trial. That is not condoning any actions that he might be guilty of.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: thoreau

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assaults on children 10 May 2014 20:14 #13

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20381
  • Likes received: 7951
i-baster wrote:
You never actually talk to me do you. You talk to some imaginary "liberal feminist".

I am suggesting that anybody accused of a crime deserves a fair trial. That is not condoning any actions that he might be guilty of.

Sorry to tell you that you are wrong again, but I am talking to a DIF-inherent apologist of all kinds of so-called "singular crimes against humanity".
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assaults on children 10 May 2014 20:18 #14

  • thoreau
  • thoreau's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 612
  • Likes received: 216
i-baster wrote:
You never actually talk to me do you. You talk to some imaginary "liberal feminist".

I am suggesting that anybody accused of a crime deserves a fair trial. That is not condoning any actions that he might be guilty of.

yup trial by jury not by media

the letter evidence is pretty damning - am shocked as unlike some other stars caught up in yewtree there was little public whispers about rolf harris
Freedom of Speech is the liberty to say what you like, not a freedom from any kind of criticism if the views you freely express happen to be ill thought out rubbish.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assaults on children 10 May 2014 20:23 #15

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20381
  • Likes received: 7951
thoreau wrote:
i-baster wrote:
You never actually talk to me do you. You talk to some imaginary "liberal feminist".

I am suggesting that anybody accused of a crime deserves a fair trial. That is not condoning any actions that he might be guilty of.

yup trial by jury not by media

the letter evidence is pretty damning - am shocked as unlike some other stars caught up in yewtree there was little public whispers about rolf harris


It's always nice
and never a surprise
to see you both as a good team and brothers in arms working on the same agenda
in your unparalleled and typical ways.

:thumbup:
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 10 May 2014 21:13 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assaults on children 10 May 2014 23:12 #16

  • i-baster
  • i-baster's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Posts: 339
  • Likes received: 162
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
thoreau wrote:
i-baster wrote:
You never actually talk to me do you. You talk to some imaginary "liberal feminist".

I am suggesting that anybody accused of a crime deserves a fair trial. That is not condoning any actions that he might be guilty of.

yup trial by jury not by media

the letter evidence is pretty damning - am shocked as unlike some other stars caught up in yewtree there was little public whispers about rolf harris


It's always nice
and never a surprise
to see you both as a good team and brothers in arms working on the same agenda
in your unparalleled and typical ways.

:thumbup:

It is always funny that Frog will jump on me claiming that i am attacking the person not the argument but he will have no criticism of you despite your constant failure to address the issues brought up in favour of poor personal attacks. Two people being in agreement is not uncommon in the world. So if thoreau and myself have an agenda what is it? To avoid trial by mud slinging in favour of a more traditional jury trial perhaps?
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: thoreau

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assaults on children 11 May 2014 00:07 #17

  • Timesarrow
  • Timesarrow's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Posts: 776
  • Likes received: 946
I am so sad about this, I loved Rolf's Cartoon Time when I was little, and I even met the guy once (he was at my school recruiting for one of his shows... Rather glad I didn't get picked now...).

It's very weird that all this is coming out now though, there seems to be a new "historical sex crimes" case with some big name every week - Max Clifford, William Roache, Savile - and I have to wonder why, why now and in such intensity and quick succession? They got away with it for years, why/how did they all suddenly lose their protection and all at once?

What is going on?
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assaults on children 11 May 2014 00:29 #18

  • i-baster
  • i-baster's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Posts: 339
  • Likes received: 162
It is a good question. Perhaps just slow wheels of justice.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assaults on children 11 May 2014 04:49 #19

  • thoreau
  • thoreau's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 612
  • Likes received: 216
I believe that it is happening now because the public demanded it.

When saville died and people felt safe to come forward the public began to want answers and justice - that public feeling empowered people to come forward and say 'this happened to me too' - there was no choice but to investigate the claims being as public as they were - whilst saville was alive there were too many victims who were consistently failed by the police leaving others disempowered to tell their own story - worried not only that they would not be believed but that nothing would come of it anyway.

Why the media chose to get behind the calls for justice at this time? probably because it helped to focus peoples minds away from the 'austerity' measures that were and are still killing people - because it makes the current government look 'tough on crime' and because too many people knew too much and were asking too many questions.

It is interesting to note that none of savilles political enablers have had to answer the tough questions about how he managed to worm his way into such positions of power under their watch - not even on tpv.
Freedom of Speech is the liberty to say what you like, not a freedom from any kind of criticism if the views you freely express happen to be ill thought out rubbish.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, Timesarrow

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assaults on children 11 May 2014 11:09 #20

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20381
  • Likes received: 7951
i-baster wrote:
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
thoreau wrote:
i-baster wrote:
You never actually talk to me do you. You talk to some imaginary "liberal feminist".

I am suggesting that anybody accused of a crime deserves a fair trial. That is not condoning any actions that he might be guilty of.

yup trial by jury not by media

the letter evidence is pretty damning - am shocked as unlike some other stars caught up in yewtree there was little public whispers about rolf harris


It's always nice
and never a surprise
to see you both as a good team and brothers in arms working on the same agenda
in your unparalleled and typical ways.

:thumbup:

It is always funny that Frog will jump on me claiming that i am attacking the person not the argument but he will have no criticism of you despite your constant failure to address the issues brought up in favour of poor personal attacks. Two people being in agreement is not uncommon in the world. So if thoreau and myself have an agenda what is it? To avoid trial by mud slinging in favour of a more traditional jury trial perhaps?


Note the difference between "a personal attack" and "a personal observation"!

.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare
Powered by Kunena Forum

Annual Server Target

Whether its 50 cents or five dollars, your donations are appreciated and help keep this community site running so we can all continue to enjoy using it.
This target is to meet our server cost for one year, June 2020 - May 2021, in USD.
$ 340 - Target
( £ 250 GBP )
donation thermometer
donation thermometer
$ 192 - Raised
( £ 140 GBP )
donation thermometer
56%
Most Recent Donation $122 USD
4th January 2021
Bitcoin Address: bc1q0kazqya0nurfxtunxv807vm0m8852nnrrk8mj8
 
Ethereum Address: 0xe69915c80dd75df19f438d556267e04f932f057d
 
More Info: Donation options for TZ
 

No one is obliged to donate, please only donate what you can afford. Even the smallest amount helps. Being an active member is a positive contribution. Thank You.