Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ROGER WATERS ANNOUNCES NEW '' WALL'' DVD AND NEW ALBUM

ROGER WATERS ANNOUNCES NEW '' WALL'' DVD AND NEW ALBUM 29 Aug 2014 15:07 #1

• Di
  • Fresh Member
  • Don't phuck with me...I'm pre menstrual
While he might be currently looking in the rear view mirror, celebrating the legacy of Pink Floyd’s classic ‘The Wall’ album, the experience has put Roger Waters in the planning mode for a new solo album, which would be his first proper solo release since 1990’s ‘Amused to Death.’

Waters recently spent four hours on the air with Jim Ladd, his former ‘Radio K.A.O.S’ counterpart, at Sirius XM for a lengthy interview that aired on the ‘Deep Tracks’ channel, promoting the re-launch of the Pink Floyd-branded channel on the satellite music provider.

During the conversation, Waters revealed that a follow-up to ‘Amused to Death’ isn’t so far away in his mind. “I’ve got a strong feeling that I have a new album literally about to pop out. I’ve written a song while I was on the road, which I think will provide me with the impetus, emotionally and philosophically and politically to create a new album.”

As previously rumored, there are indeed plans to capture the current ‘The Wall’ tour for a DVD release. Responding to a question from a listener, Waters said “we’ve been filming almost everything as we go along, remorselessly. We filmed for a week when we did shows in Athens and we were filming all over South America, so yeah, there will definitely be a DVD of this whole experience coming up in the near future.”

He says that the meaning of ‘The Wall’ has changed in the years since the album was first released. “I was somewhat under the misapprehension that ‘The Wall’ was a story about me and my dad and the second World War. Slowly over the years, and particularly, working up to putting together this show, this new version of it, and touring again. I came to realize that it may have been back then, but that it has a much more universal story. It’s about all of us, it’s about all loss in war and it’s about everybody’s connection with their family.”

“We’ve made something that seems to appeal pretty universally wherever we go in the world and I’m super-happy about that. That makes me really, really content.”

The ‘Wall’ tour will finish with a big bang – Waters recently announced plans to make the final show one that will feature a wall that is two times the size of the one that has been featured on the current tour.

ultimateclassicrock.com/roger-waters-plans-new-solo-album-live-dvd-from-wall-tour/

oh yes!!!! :coolio:
so pleased about the dvd..i was one of the unfortunate ones not to experience this tour....i was hoping for a dvd (purely to see the CGI) just like many other fans. As for the album, well, it's gonna take something great to beat 'Amused to Death'...no doubt Roger won't let us down!
Support free software....Free as in Freedom !
Last Edit: 29 Aug 2014 15:18 by Di.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: jaxdreaming, Orangeaid

ROGER WATERS ANNOUNCES NEW '' WALL'' DVD AND NEW ALBUM 29 Aug 2014 15:49 #2

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
Is he political about Israel on it?

ROGER WATERS ANNOUNCES NEW '' WALL'' DVD AND NEW ALBUM 29 Aug 2014 16:00 #3

• Di
  • Fresh Member
i'm not sure, he does have very strong political beliefs about israel though. A quick web search will show you that!

take a look at this:
www.jpost.com/Arts-and-Culture/Music/Roger-Waters-Im-not-anti-Semitic-Im-anti-occupation
Last Edit: 29 Aug 2014 16:07 by Di.
User(s) who Liked this post: Orangeaid

ROGER WATERS ANNOUNCES NEW '' WALL'' DVD AND NEW ALBUM 29 Aug 2014 16:10 #4

• Di
  • Fresh Member
An open letter from Roger Waters
1 August 2013 at 07:35

There has been some comment on the Internet about the Wall Show in Belgium to which I feel I should respond.

One Alon Onfus Asif, an Israeli living in Belgium, came to The Wall show in Belgium last week and being an observant sort of chap Alon noticed a Star of David on the Pig that is destroyed by the audience at the end of the show. Then Alon dutifully videoed our Pig on his phone, posted this video, and alerted Israeli Daily, Yediot Ahronot. This story was duly picked up by the ever watchful Rabbi Abraham Cooper, Dean of the Simon Wiesenthal Center and the entirely predictable resulting rant is attached here:

www.algemeiner.com/2013/07/24/massive-pig-balloon-at-roger-waters-concert-features-star-of-david-video/.

Often I can ignore these attacks but Rabbi Cooper’s accusations, are so wild and bigoted they demand a response.

Dear Rabbi Cooper,

I hold your outburst to be inflammatory and un-helpful and would suggest it can only impede progress towards peace and understanding between people. It is also extremely insulting to me personally in that you accuse me of being ‘Anti Semitic’, ‘A Jew Hater’ and ‘Nazi Sympathizer’

I have three specific points to make:

1). Your use of the adjective “ANTI-SEMITIC”.

First I direct you to an announcement by ‘The Anti Defamation League’ an American organization, who’s declared aim is to defend Jewish people and Judaism from attack. They recently said.

“While we wish that Mr. Waters would have avoided using the Star of David, we believe there is no anti-Semitic intent here.”

I should point out that in the show, I also use the Crucifix, the Crescent and Star, the Hammer and Sickle, the Shell Oil Logo and The McDonald’s Sign, a Dollar Sign and a Mercedes sign.

2). JEW-HATING? I have many very close Jewish friends, one of whom, interestingly enough, is the nephew of the late Simon Wiesenthal. I am proud of that association; Simon Wiesenthal was a great man. Also I have two grandsons who, I love more than life itself, their Mother, my daughter in law, is Jewish and so, in consequence, I’m told, are they.

3). NAZI? Not only did my father, 2nd Lieutenant Eric Fletcher Waters, die in Italy on February 18th 1944 fighting the Nazis, but I was brought up in post war England where I received the most thorough education on the subject of Nazism and where I was spared no horrific detail of the heinous crimes committed in the name of that most foul ideology. I remember my mother’s friends Claudette and Maria, I remember their tattoos, they where survivors, two of the lucky ones.

My Mother spent the whole of the rest of her life, involved politically to make sure the future for her children and grandchildren, in fact for everyone’s children and grandchildren, black, white, Gentile, Jew, Latino, Asian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, et al, had no Sword of Damocles in the form of the despised Nazi Creed hanging over their heads.

I for my part, as best I can, have continued along my parent’s path. At the age of nearly 70, in the spirit of my Father and Mother and all they did, I have stood my ground, as best I can, in defense of Mistress Liberty.

The Wall Show, so lamely attacked by you, is many things. It is thoughtful, life affirming, ecumenical, humane, loving, anti war, anti colonial, pro universal access to the law, pro liberty, pro collaboration, pro dialogue, pro peace, anti authoritarian, anti fascist, anti apartheid, anti dogma, international in spirit, musical and satirical.

It is not.

ANTI-SEMITIC or PRO NAZI

I have often come under attack by the pro Israel lobby because of my support for BDS, (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions) which I won't go into here, anyone interested can access a speech I made at The United Nations on the 29th November last year.

However I will say this, in a functioning theocracy it is almost inevitable that the symbol of the religion becomes confused with the symbol of the state, in this case the State of Israel, a state that operates Apartheid both within its own borders and also in the territories it has occupied and colonized since 1967.

Like it or not, the Star of David represents Israel and its policies and is legitimately subject to any and all forms of non violent protest. To peacefully protest against Israel’s racist domestic and foreign policies is NOT ANTI-SEMITIC. Your contention that because I criticize the Policies of the Israeli government I should be lumped in with the Muslim Brotherhood is risible, and again a personal affront. I have spent my whole adult life advocating separation of church and state.

At every Wall Show I invite 20 vets from whatever country we are in backstage at half time to meet, exchange handshakes and good wishes and mementos. At one show, a year or so ago, an older vet, Vietnam era, at a guess, blocked my exit, he put out his hand which I took, he did not let go, he looked me in the eyes and he said " Your Father would be proud of you."

Tears burn my eyes.

The Wall is reaching out to you and all the other Rabbi Cooper’s out there.

Come to the show!

Love

Roger

P.S.

For the sake of some perspective. The inflatable pig that so offended young Alon has appeared at every Wall Show since September 2010, some 193 shows, yours is the first complaint. Also the pig in question represents evil, and more specifically the evil of errant government. We make a gift of this symbol of repression to the audience at the end of every show and the people always do the right thing. They destroy it.
User(s) who Liked this post: jaxdreaming, Orangeaid

ROGER WATERS ANNOUNCES NEW '' WALL'' DVD AND NEW ALBUM 29 Aug 2014 16:24 #5

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
It's a great response to a bigoted elitist hate filled Rabbi. Though the acceptance as genuine of the WWII propaganda brainwashed into post-WWII Brits is very obvious from Waters' narrative.

Did the tattooed Jevvs actually think they were going to be executed? Or is the focus by Jevvs on the tattoos just a projection of their own psychopathic self-loathing that a simple tatt to identify them as an enemy of the State is deliberately misrepresented to be a symbol denoting extermination?