Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: London (AFP) - Jack the Ripper found to be Aaron Kosminski, a Jewish emigre from Poland by DNA traces.

London (AFP) - Jack the Ripper found to be Aaron Kosminski, a Jewish emigre from Poland by DNA traces. 10 Sep 2014 02:04 #1

• Straight Shooter
news.yahoo.com/jack-ripper-identified-dna-traces-sleuth-024421946.html;_ylt=A0SO8xP_nw9UPxQAijpXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzdjlscnVzBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNgRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDQ5Nl8x
London (AFP) - Jack the Ripper, one of the most notorious serial killers in history, has been identified through DNA traces found on a shawl, claims a sleuth in a book out on Tuesday.

The true identity of Jack the Ripper, whose grisly murders terrorised the murky slums of Whitechapel in east London in 1888, has been a mystery ever since, with dozens of suspects that include royalty and prime ministers down to bootmakers.

But after extracting DNA from a shawl recovered from the scene of one of the killings, which matched relatives of both the victim and one of the suspects, Jack the Ripper sleuth Russell Edwards claims the identity of the murderer is now beyond doubt.

He says the infamous killer is Aaron Kosminski, a Jewish emigre from Poland, who worked as a barber.

Edwards, a businessman interested in the Ripper story, bought a bloodstained Victorian shawl at auction in 2007.

The story goes that it came from the murder scene of the Ripper's fourth victim, Catherine Eddowes, on September 30, 1888.

Dr Jari Louhelainen, senior lecturer at Liverpool John Moores University, testing a shawl that was t …
Police acting sergeant Amos Simpson, who had been at the scene, got permission from his superiors to take it for his dressmaker wife -- who was subsequently aghast at the thought of using a bloodstained shawl.

It had hitherto been passed down through the policeman's direct descendants, who had stored it unwashed in a box. It briefly spent a few years on loan to Scotland Yard's crime museum.

- Victim disembowelled -

Edwards sought to find out if DNA technology could conclusively link the shawl to the murder scene.

Working on the blood stains, Doctor Jari Louhelainen, senior lecturer in molecular at Liverpool John Moores University, isolated seven small segments of mitochondrial DNA, which is passed down through the female line.

Screaming Lord Sutch, aka David Sutch, performs on stage with his Jack The Ripper show in 1974 in Co …
They were matched with the DNA of Karen Miller, a direct descendant of Eddowes, confirming her blood was on the shawl.

Meanwhile stains exposed under ultra-violet light suggested the presence of seminal fluid.

Doctor David Miller, reader in molecular andrology at the University of Leeds, managed to find cells from which DNA was isolated.

With the help of genealogists, Edwards found a descendant of Kosminski through the female line, who offered samples of her DNA.

Louhelainen was then able to match DNA from the semen stains to Kosminski's descendant.

The front page of a newspaper reports on a 'Ghastly Murder in the East-End. Dreadful Mutilation of a …
For Edwards, this places Kosminski at the scene of Eddowes' gruesome murder.

Eddowes, 46, was killed on the same night as the Ripper's third victim. An orphan with a daughter and two sons, she worked as a casual prostitute.

She was found brutally murdered at 1:45am. Her throat was cut and she was disembowelled. Her face was also mutilated.

The belief is that the shawl was left at the crime scene by the killer, not Eddowes.

Kosminski was born in Klodawa in central Poland on September 11, 1865. His family fled the imperial Russian anti-Jewish pogroms and emigrated to east London in the early 1880s. He lived close to the murder scenes.

Some reports say he was taken in by the police to be identified by a witness who had seen him with one of the victims, and though a positive identification was made, the witness refused to give incriminating evidence, meaning the police had little option but to release him.

He entered a workhouse in 1889, where he was described on admission as "destitute". He was discharged later that year but soon ended up in an insane asylum.

He died from gangrene in an asylum on March 24, 1919 and was buried three days later at East Ham Cemetery in east London.

Some have cast doubt on Edwards' findings.

The research has not been published a a peer-reviewed scientific journal, meaning the claims cannot be independently verified or the methodology scrutinised.

Professor Alec Jeffreys, who invented the DNA fingerprinting technique 30 years ago this week, called for further verification.

"An interesting but remarkable claim that needs to be subjected to peer review, with detailed analysis of the provenance of the shawl and the nature of the claimed DNA match with the perpetrator's descendants and its power of discrimination; no actual evidence has yet been provided," Jeffreys told The Independent newspaper.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

London (AFP) - Jack the Ripper found to be Aaron Kosminski, a Jewish emigre from Poland by DNA traces. 10 Sep 2014 07:29 #2

• jaxdreaming
  • Fresh Member
If it is Kosminski's DNA on the shawl it places him at the scene I suppose but he could have been with somebody else and it doesn't explain the other murders... especially Mary Kelly's. I read a book recently... not sure where it is I'll dig it out later... that says there was a knife left at the scene and police immediately went to the home of another suspect. A lot of information was covered up in this case... there were a lot of behind the scene politics going on at that time as well...

I'm really into the Ripper murders. My fave suspect is James Maybrick (the diary writer) although I'm also open to the theory it was different killers... maybe murdering as initiation or ritual...

The Maybrick story is especially fascinating though...

Eternally interesting subject.

London (AFP) - Jack the Ripper found to be Aaron Kosminski, a Jewish emigre from Poland by DNA traces. 10 Sep 2014 07:41 #3

• rodin
  • Spam Killer
  • BELIEF IS THE ENEMY OF TRUTH
That is anti semitic! And so would be showing that Harold Shipman UK's most prolific mass murderer was Jewish!
To understand who rules over you look to whom you tube can't criticise

The media isn't there to cover the news
It's there to cover the news up

All establishment lies pass through three stages
First, they are accepted as being self evident
Second, they are exposed by diligent research
Third, they are enforced

"Communism is the bloodiest, most difficult and the most terrible way from capitalism to capitalism" from Under the Sign of the Scorpion by Juri Lina
User(s) who Liked this post: Orangeaid

London (AFP) - Jack the Ripper found to be Aaron Kosminski, a Jewish emigre from Poland by DNA traces. 10 Sep 2014 08:52 #4

• jaxdreaming
  • Fresh Member
This is a good read...

'The Mammoth Book of Jack the Ripper' by Maxim Jazubowski and Nathan Braund.

It's full of essays from ripperologists giving the take on their fave suspects.

The chapter that deals with Kosminski is called 'David Cohen and the Polish Jew Theory' written by Martin Fido who is a respected ripperologist.
He goes to some length in supporting his theory that a number of men committed to asylums and hospitals at the time were in fact the same man...
Kosminski/Kaminsky/Cohen

Quote from book...

'...at that time I did not know, as I learned later from informants in London, New York and even Vienna, that Gentile authorities confronted with unpronounceable Jewish names were inclined simply to label them 'Cohen'. This too has been denied by the Jewish authorities consulted by Paul Begg, who assured him that officialdom was at pains to make sure it got the names of immigrants right. But I know from my own research that this was not true in the case of 'Nathan Karnsky' and several other listed lunatics and paupers whose names were never correctly established on the records, and I have it on the authority of at least one Miss Cohen that her family know very well that they were given their present surname by immigrtation officials who could not be bothered to transcribe the difficult Polish original...'
The police took a certain... Aaron Davis Cohen a ' wandering lunatic' to the magistrates court in the morning and by the evening, when he was released, he was David Cohen and he kept the name from then but Martin Fido believes he and Kosminski are the same man...

I'll have to read it again... it's complex.
The problem is all of the essays give convincing arguments...
Last Edit: 10 Sep 2014 08:54 by jaxdreaming.

London (AFP) - Jack the Ripper found to be Aaron Kosminski, a Jewish emigre from Poland by DNA traces. 10 Sep 2014 10:21 #5

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
rodin wrote:
That is anti semitic! And so would be showing that Harold Shipman UK's most prolific mass murderer was Jewish!
I had no idea ...

Shipman wiki page is like one I've never seen before. Have a look at this entry
Why is there no mention in this article that Shipman was a racist Jew murderer of whites? — Preceding unsigned comment added by82.19.142.174 (talk) 14:39, 20 February 2013 (UTC)

ArbCom member Jayjg has stated that Shipman was a Jew here. Maybe it needs to be included somewhere in the article.87.78.186.200 20:19, 26 November 2006 (UTC)

Yes Shipman was Jewish, but what has that to do with the murders? Professor Boris (talk) 23:46, 13 December 2007 (UTC)

It certainly odd, how this Monster was forgotten... Everything from the quickie trial, to silly motives, to no investigation of his partners, his staff, and so on. Where are the books, and movies? The silence on this guy is deafening. Special justice for special people?—Preceding unsigned comment added by77.98.132.16 (talk) 01:30, 14 April 2008 (UTC)

You usually state an accomplished person as Jewish if they are, why can't that be done for a legendary mass murder? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 76.167.92.242(talk) 21:41, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

London (AFP) - Jack the Ripper found to be Aaron Kosminski, a Jewish emigre from Poland by DNA traces. 10 Sep 2014 10:39 #6

• jaxdreaming
  • Fresh Member
I can't remember now where I read this... it was a year or so back so I'll have to research it again... somebody may have told me this actually...but it may be that Shipman was responsible for a whole lot more deaths than he was credited with...
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare