Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Nietzsche the original Postmodern philosopher

Nietzsche the original Postmodern philosopher 01 Feb 2016 01:49 #1

• Robert Baird
Actually he took from many others but those he took from are often seen as the basis of all political correctness including Aristotle whose philosophy was imbedded in Romanism by St. Thomas Aquinas. His uber-mensch ideology is kin to Plato who spoke about the lowering of effectiveness in dumbocracy, and what I will provide links him to Socrates. Did Hitler see the more ancient roots he strove to re-capture? That is indeed a good possibility as to why he was made a celebrated German by Hitler and his lot.

".. tends to the view that virtue is knowledge and vice is ignorance. Socrates takes a particular virtue and tries to find its essence by giving a general definition of it. He produces syllogistic arguments, that is, arguments where two premises when put together necessitate a new proposition, the conclusion. (Urmson, The Concise Encyclopedia of Western Philosophy and Philosophers, 1991, p299)

He impresses us, more than any other figure in literature, with the supreme importance of thinking as well as possible and making our actions conform to our thoughts. To this end he preaches knowledge of one's own starting-points, hypothetical entertainment of opinions, exploration of their consequences and connexions, willingness to follow argument wherever it leads, public confession of one's thoughts, invitation to others to criticize, readiness to reconsider, and at the same time firm action in accordance with one's present beliefs . (Urmson, The Concise Encyclopedia of Western Philosophy and Philosophers, 1991, p301)

Having been lead through Cultural Marxist postmodernists snarfing at fart bubbles while they bathe, by bigots; to deconstruct nonsense not even intuitively of value including their Nietzschean or Nazi predilections I return to the Greek alchemists or sages for a balanced intellectual insight. Although it is important to inspect reality and realize the mysteries are presently beyond our logical ability to develop certainty we have a great understanding of what works. In short, because we are fools we know we are wise, and the wise people who think they know, are in fact - fools. Firstly, I must give reference for my assertion that Nietzsche is part of the Postmodern ambiguity that makes the ignorant feel warranted in rejecting all science and philosophy. That does not mean he or Derrida are not worth inspecting as they interrogate any perspective. In the quote or analysis on Socrates at the top of the present post we see "ignorance is vice" and how to syllogistically come through observation to conclusions of virtuous insight. That makes me say whoever taught him was well aware of what we call the Scientific Method.

www.spaceandmotion.com/Philos...tmodernism.htm

"Friedrich Nietzsche was one of the greatest writers and psychologists amongst all the philosophers - scathing, funny, profound, sad, and yet ultimately beautiful and inspiring.

He had a very astute understanding of human nature, and thus realised that most humans lived by myths that they believed to be true (very Socratic). His fame has significantly contributed to the popularity of postmodern philosophy.

Some central elements of Nietzsche's philosophy are;

i) There are no absolute and fixed truths (humans believe things to be true that are not true). Nietzsche is highly critical of human thinking in general, our remarkable ability to deceive ourselves. He writes of philosophers that they;

"... pose as having discovered and attained their real opinions through the self-evolution of a cold, pure, divinely unperturbed dialectic: while what happens at bottom is that a prejudice, a notion, an 'inspiration,' generally a desire of the heart sifted and made abstract, is defended by them with reasons sought after the event" (Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil)

ii) Reality is a flux, an endless becoming (Werden) that is beyond words and language - all language is metaphor, useful to us but ultimately detached from reality (metaphysics is dead)."

Yes, "language is a metaphor" or more properly (maybe a miss-translation) metaphorical as I see it. We must remember despite Nietzsche being given the greatest of honour and recognition by Hitler and other archaic ego-driven, "uber-mensch", self immolating despots - Nietzsche never had commercial publishing success while sane and alive. Language we can say began before words or symbols that we developed into words. But those initial symbols allowed great insight and you can liken them to mandalas including the Swastika which has 2,000 variations found in antiquity all over this planet. The great insight has many layers or dimensions. Yes, even able to transcend the reality of our focused material dimension! I like to think Nietzsche actually was not so materialistic as to totally deny these other dimensions, but to some extent he did indeed deny metaphysics and what we deceive our ego or self (as averse to the SELF) into believing. You can, alas interpret or put words into all postmodern philosopher's mouths as you see fit. We are involved in or made up from energy and perhaps all energy has consciousness as I think a muon split in deep former INCO mines proved at the beginning of the 20th Century. There are many other reasons for me to say that, and science continues searching for more - I love it!!! Those original design symbols and glyphs are pathways to the energy consciousness which coagulates and allows attunement or at - one- ment. The Nazca people used those designs to bring water up from deep aquifers, for example. I have broken the epigraphic origins or Ogham down in many threads and books. The title of one book is From OM to OGHAM (or the reverse) and in that title alone you get the universal sound or energy harmonic which String Theory says all reality is comprised of - "one dimensional harmonic force". In the Bible it is the Logos and Tesla proved a lot of that as he said everything he did was in Revelations. As I say - many books and threads.

Here is Heraclitus writing about the Logos which you will also find in Buddhism, around the time that the Hebrew Bible was cobbled together.

"All things come out of the One and the One out of all things. ... I see nothing but Becoming. Be not deceived! It is the fault of your limited outlook and not the fault of the essence of things if you believe that you see firm land anywhere in the ocean of Becoming and Passing. You need names for things, just as if they had a rigid permanence, but the very river in which you bathe a second time is no longer the same one which you entered before. (Heraclitus, 500 B.C.)"

These energies man was able to focus became representative deities for totemic and other symbols over time. There is differentiations of energy consciousness that allows healing (Beth Luis Nion or the reverse) and others that combine to mathematical constructs and later into formulae. An accurate lunar calendar from about 30,000 years ago was great proof for what my Ogham mentors told me about five distinct dialects, and I subsequently saw hundreds of other divisions of each dialect in the many regional offshoots. An example is Tiffinaugh as Professor David Kelley calls what Barry Fell found at Peterborough, Ontario. Fell later saw the same in Libya. These divisions of the representations of energy and consciousness are called tracts. In religion and cosmogonies that became demons and angels etc., the local priesthoods were often found competing to one up the ability of other shamans or Druids (Bruhjos or Tulkus).

About 5,000 years ago (who knows how far along this process was before 8350 BCE and the meteor that almost wiped man off the face of what we now call Earth) the "nightmare" Joyce refers to, began and grew stronger and average people were weakened as a result, when they allowed interlopers to interpret for them - what Nature (god within) doth portend. Yoga says if you meet someone wishing to be your guru "shoot them". It is also a metaphor, and that some-'one' separating you from the ONE might just be your ego or small self versus the big SELF.

"There is a tacit assumption within postmodernism that no theory will ever explain all things. However, there is no reason for this assumption other than history showed that no theory had yet explained all things (see Thomas Kuhn and Karl Popper).

Charles Darwin well understood this extreme 'skepticism' that claims we can never know the truth about things;

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.
(Charles Darwin, Introduction to The Descent of Man, 1871)"

Robert Graves has this to offer in his masterwork The White Goddess.

"Conquering gods their titles take From the foes they captive make, and that to know the name of a deity at any given place or period, is far less important than to know the nature of the sacrifices that he or she was then offered. The powers of the gods were continuously being redefined. The Greek god Apollo, for instance, seems to have begun as the Demon of a Mouse-fraternity in pre-Aryan totemistic Europe: he gradually rose in divine rank by force of arms, blackmail and fraud until he became the patron of Music, Poetry and the Arts and finally, in some regions at least, ousted his 'father' Zeus from the Sovereignty of the Universe by identifying himself with Belinus the intellectual God of Light. Jehovah, the God of the Jews, has a still more complex history."

How can we teach the 'speaking in tongue' reversal to Ogham/Runic dialects if there is no etheric bank of knowledge called Ein Sof, the Akashic or other similar conceptualizations in language? Is it through that same ether or medium that we can attune to achieve bibliomancy, soul mates, decrees, action-at-a-distance and enhanced horizontal gene transfer now being proven?
Last Edit: 01 Feb 2016 01:54 by Robert Baird.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: chandrakavi

Nietzsche the original Postmodern philosopher 02 Feb 2016 20:11 #2

• Robert Baird
Not only was Nietzsche a celebrated (even if posthumously) originator of what became the Nazi superman theory - his sister married another anti-Semite ignorant who was awarded the Iron Cross. Yes, I know Hitler did not quote Nietzsche in Mein Kampf - so what?

Here is a book I have read which sheds a more personal insight into Nietzsche.

Forgotten Fatherland: The True Story of Nietzsche's Sister and Her Lost ...

Do I think Socrates would appreciate how his ideology was warped by racists? I truly would only be guessing, but I think he wanted man to aspire to what Nietzsche called the "uber-mensch" or super-man. I also think they shared a love for questioning all g-ds or myths.

The author of much I have quoted from spaceandmotion says these words about Socrates and how he would not accept postmodernism - but I think he would and especially the Derrida de-construction branch thereof. Still, he agrees postmodernism is ambiguous and worse so we might not disagree much at all.

"Socrates is famous for arguing that we must Know Thyself to be wise, that the unexamined life is not worth living. Thus it is a cruel irony that Socrates was condemned to death for corrupting the youth (for educating them to Philosophy and arguing that people are ignorant of the Truth). Plato, who wrote 'The Apology' was a beautiful writer (and one of the great philosophers). His account of Socrates on Trial provides an eloquent and tragic description of the Last Days of Socrates that is still very relevant to our postmodern democratic society. Most significantly, it demonstrates the stubborn resistance that society displays towards those who choose to question the customs and beliefs of their time (as the philosopher must). This attitude is still very alive today, where physics is dominated by mathematical theories founded on particles, and philosophy is in decay due to an absurd postmodern view (contradiction) that the;

'Only Absolute Truth is that there are No Absolute Truths'."

Nietzsche the original Postmodern philosopher 02 Feb 2016 22:15 #3

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

is one of my most favourite disinfo artists :thumbup:

Contrary to the "light giving" fallen angel bobby adl bear he is quite FUNNY!!!

:joker:
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 02 Feb 2016 22:18 by PFIZIPFEI.