Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: "New Tricks" : BBC Propaganda Of Some Sort?

"New Tricks" : BBC Propaganda Of Some Sort? 29 Oct 2012 23:36 #1

• cantata
  • Silver Member
I haven't seen the t.v. for some time, having only just bought one today! That, plus the fact that I'm DETERMINED Savile and the BBC must pay at last for their atrocities on children might just have made me a bit paranoid and "conspiracy" :emb: but...

For those who don't know, "New Tricks" is a very popular BBC series about some old detectives who have been brought out of retirement to investigate unsolved old crimes. In tonight's episode (29/10/12), the last in the series, two of the old detectives go to Glasgow to invesitage the murder of a man called James Soutar, who was killed in 1993. It turns out that this Soutar had links to a group of very important local men, who were accessing young girls in care in the area. Four of the girls were thought to have been murdered (and Soutar was the suspect). Only those who knew this James Soutar well called him "Jimmy".

But, it turned out that Jimmy was a good guy! He was using his wealth to SAVE the girls, setting them up in safe flats in other cities to get them out of the paedo clutches and leaving his great wealth to charity, which he was known to help while alive.

This would have been made before the Savile stuff hit the fan, but it just hit me as having been written by someone who knew something about someone and someone, ad infinitum.

Or maybe I am just paranoid? :emb:
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Gilly

"New Tricks" : BBC Propaganda Of Some Sort? 30 Oct 2012 14:11 #2

• Gilly
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I've seen an episode of that show in the past (don't watch TV often, but don't abstain either). Dennis Waterman & James Bolam, I think.

Anything's possible.

I know it's easy to say, but I've always had the vibe that Saville was a nasty little sleaze though, long before any of the rumour started about him. In the 70's, I couldn't understand how he'd made the big time, as he just has an indefinable unwholesomeness about him imo, as well as lacking charisma / looks that would normally be associated with celebrity.

If there was any basis in Saville's having been a secret hero, in opposition to the rife paedophilia, somebody would surely know about it & spill the beans, rather than let him be a posthumus scapegoat, wouldn't they?

Things have come to light about his having publicly denied having ever been anywhere near that children's home in Jersey, yet a photo was published in one of the tabloids of him sitting on the lawn outside the building, surrounded by those children. I'd take a lot of convincing before I'd swallow that he was innocent.

Aside from the 'good guy' element of the plot, the bones of it could well have been inspired by the author's insider knowledge.

I was reading an article by the comedian Jim Davison, the other day, and he reckoned that the antivities of Saville & many other celeb's were common knowledge in the TV community, but there was nothing anyone like himself could have done about it, due to lack of evidence.

If so many knew, including those who disapproved, I'm surprised he didn't get bumped off.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

"New Tricks" : BBC Propaganda Of Some Sort? 30 Oct 2012 16:58 #3

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
I don't think you are being paranoid at all Cantata. Not watched any of the series New Tricks myself (though have heard about it ofc), but from what you say about its storyline....well lets just say it all seems very suss.

The BBC has always been an 'insular' organisation to say the least, but over the last few years it's been coming across as being downright sinister.
The pen is mightier than the sword
User(s) who Liked this post: Gilly, cantata

"New Tricks" : BBC Propaganda Of Some Sort? 30 Oct 2012 17:28 #4

• Gilly
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Yes, but has anybody noticed the sickening spin on some reporting now, whereby the seed's being planted that 'Saville abused the BBC'. Because I've seen that idea being subtly promoted a couple of times in the last few days, and it made me angry.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, cantata

"New Tricks" : BBC Propaganda Of Some Sort? 30 Oct 2012 17:48 #5

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Exactly the kind of tactics I'd expect from them Gilly.

They are trying to 'distance' themselves from Savile by implying that (the top echelons of the organisation at least) had no idea whatsoever of these goings-on at the time, so therefore they are the victims even though they employed him.

Its bollocks....everyone there knew about the rumours at the time.
The pen is mightier than the sword
User(s) who Liked this post: Gilly, cantata

"New Tricks" : BBC Propaganda Of Some Sort? 30 Oct 2012 20:02 #6

• cantata
  • Silver Member
EVERYONE at the "top" in the BBC back then is either actively guilty of joining in or covering up.... unless they are putting their hands up to being so out of the loop in an organisation they were supposed to be and getting paid high money to be running? They knew. They are GUILTY by Act or Omission and need to be prosecuted for one thing or another. Scumboats. :mad: Until we see their kind being brought in for questioning, the "investigation" is nothing but a farce.

But, back to this episode of the supposedly "light hearted" New Tricks. It was full of the top people of society being guilty of using the care homes as a candy-store of children - the fiscal procurator being the most greedy of the absuers. The "James" character was thought to have been active in it too, but was secretly working under the radar and befriending the top boys to infiltrate the care homes and SAVE the girls (or a few, those he could afford to save). The person who killed him was.... yes, one of the girls he tried to save.

So, it's not the Jimmy Savile story; and if it's based on those happenings the writer is covering his/her arse by making "Jimmy" the good guy - but, nonetheless, the entire list of Baddies were Judges, Politicians, Social Services, Police.....

It just continually struck me as a very odd treatment to be showing at this time and I couldn't figure out if it was to do with Savile (despite the unsettling undercurrents) and whether it was trying to give a hint where to look, or adding to the whitewashing.

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

User(s) who Liked this post: Gilly

"New Tricks" : BBC Propaganda Of Some Sort? 31 Oct 2012 13:47 #7

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Okay, maybe just labouring my point (and I don't really even know what it is :D ) BUT...

I haven't as much as clicked onto the Icke forums for months and then did today - and there is a huge thread in News about S'Vile being outed. The most recent posts are all about the "Glasgow Connection"... which is where this episode was unusally set. :O Really, was the writer giving out a message - for "good" or for "bad"? Odd stuff from Aunty Beeb, methinks. :hmm:

*goes off to ponder own Conspiracy Theory*

"New Tricks" : BBC Propaganda Of Some Sort? 31 Oct 2012 17:09 #8

• cantata
  • Silver Member
And, to thicken my own Conspiracy Plot, I tried to look in on the Icke thread a few times today... and the site is down! (503 Server). Maybe just maintenance, although they usually leave a notice of that.... so you can see how my mind is ticking over now :O

That's if there's anyone out there to see.

*goes off to talk to self in far corner*

"New Tricks" : BBC Propaganda Of Some Sort? 31 Oct 2012 17:38 #9

• Gilly
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I can get on DIF. Don't wish to, but just had a go out of curiosity.

If you're right, then someone's prospering from writing of S'vile's (< which I'm pinching) fetid life - apart from journalists, and whomever's pockets he lined for their silence when he was still around. That seems wrong. Piled on more wrong.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare