Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The True Origin of Christmas - Roman Pagan Saturnalia

The True Origin of Christmas - Roman Pagan Saturnalia 21 Dec 2012 07:04 #1

• novum
  • Platinum Member
The History of Christmas

Many of the most popular Christmas customs – including Christmas trees, mistletoe, Christmas presents, and Santa Claus – are modern incarnations of the most depraved pagan rituals ever practiced on earth.

How Did Christmas Come to Be Celebrated on December 25?

A. Roman pagans first introduced the holiday of Saturnalia, a week long period of lawlessness celebrated between December 17-25. During this period, Roman courts were closed, and Roman law dictated that no one could be punished for damaging property or injuring people during the weeklong celebration. The festival began when Roman authorities chose “an enemy of the Roman people” to represent the “Lord of Misrule.” Each Roman community selected a victim whom they forced to indulge in food and other physical pleasures throughout the week. At the festival’s conclusion, December 25th, Roman authorities believed they were destroying the forces of darkness by brutally murdering this innocent man or woman.

B. The ancient Greek writer poet and historian Lucian (in his dialogue entitled Saturnalia) describes the festival’s observance in his time. In addition to human sacrifice, he mentions these customs: widespread intoxication; going from house to house while singing naked; rape and other sexual license; and consuming human-shaped biscuits (still produced in some English and most German bakeries during the Christmas season).

C. In the 4th century CE, Christianity imported the Saturnalia festival hoping to take the pagan masses in with it. Christian leaders succeeded in converting to Christianity large numbers of pagans by promising them that they could continue to celebrate the Saturnalia as Christians.[2]

D. The problem was that there was nothing intrinsically Christian about Saturnalia. To remedy this, these Christian leaders named Saturnalia’s concluding day, December 25th, to be Jesus’ birthday.

E. Christians had little success, however, refining the practices of Saturnalia. As Stephen Nissenbaum, professor history at the University of Massachussetts, Amherst, writes, “In return for ensuring massive observance of the anniversary of the Savior’s birth by assigning it to this resonant date, the Church for its part tacitly agreed to allow the holiday to be celebrated more or less the way it had always been.” The earliest Christmas holidays were celebrated by drinking, sexual indulgence, singing naked in the streets (a precursor of modern caroling), etc.

Read More: Source: www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Christmas_TheRealStory.htm
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The True Origin of Hanukkah - Forced Circumcision 31 Jan 2015 13:53 #2

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
May I add the true origin of HANUKKAH, please?

truth-zone.net/forum/anthropology/64790-hanukkah-maccabees.html#143362

The world is full of "historic" lies and distortions created to confuse and lull the slaves
and every single slave can only free him/herself by getting informed from non-mainstream sources and 'deprogramming' themselves,
and - most important - help the children to stay unaffected by the system's lifelong brainwashing.

:yup:

Related subject -> The Demonisation of ' Paganism ' -> truth-zone.net/forum/anthropology/65194-the-demonisation-of-paganism.html
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 31 Jan 2015 13:56 by PFIZIPFEI.

The True Origin of Hanukkah - Forced Circumcision 01 Aug 2017 14:06 #3

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

Intellectual Judaism

The Jews should celebrate Christmas as a Torah victory over paganism

By VLADIMIR MINKOV

From the news media:

The Jerusalem rabbinate has called on hotels in the city not to erect Christmas trees or host New Year’s Eve parties, according to a letter addressed to hotel managers and signed by the two chief rabbis of Jerusalem. The letter stated: “As the secular year ends we want to remind you that erecting a Christmas tree in a hotel contravenes halacha [Jewish law] and that therefore it is clear that one should not erect [a tree] in a hotel.

I am not an expert on Halacha and therefore cannot dispute this verdict of the Jerusalem rabbinate. However, I am an expert on Jewish common sense that tells me the rabbinate is wrong. The Jews should celebrate Christmas but in a completely different way – not as the Christians do.

The Jews should celebrate Christmas not as the birthday of Son of God or as the arrival of the anticipated Messiah.
The Jews should celebrate Christmas not as the missioners or Jews for Jesus are doing – we are not going to give up our God’s mission of the Chosen.
The Jews should celebrate Christmas not as the atheists are doing – we are not betraying Judaism and its unique moral way of life.

The Jews should celebrate Christmas as the Chosen by God with the mission of helping the others, who at the times of Rabbi Joshua who became Jesus Christ in the minds of that time pagans, fulfilling their mission by converting the pagans to the Torah-guided Christians.

Because it is forbidden for the Jews to convert to Judaism those who genetically are outside the Jewish tribe, the only way to make the non-Jews to follow the Torah was the creation of another Torah-guided religion.

And Rabbi Joshua, who became Jesus Christ in the minds of that time pagans, had done it, and we the Jews have to be thankful for his efforts to fulfill the Jewish mission of the Chosen.

From a Christian sermon:

Mark 9:5 (NASB) And Peter answered and said to Jesus, "Rabbi, it is good for us to be here; and let us make three tabernacles, one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah."
Peter calls Jesus "Rabbi" because He was a Jewish Rabbi. Many Christians do not understand this. Have you ever seen the bumper sticker, "My boss is a Jewish Carpenter"? How accurate is that?
Jesus was not a carpenter, but He did work with His father as a stonemason. But what I want us to understand is that Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi. He did not spend His adult life building houses but building kingdom citizens. Jesus functioned in first century Israel as a man who was a Jewish Rabbi. If you want to understand Jesus and His teaching, you need to understand something of the Jewish Rabbis.

If some Christian preachers recognize the historic role of Jesus as a Jewish Rabbi who helped the pagans to be converted to the morality of the Torah and One God, why we the Jews cannot celebrate Christmas precisely for this?

We the Jews should celebrate Christmas – not as Christians do but rather in our own unique Jewish way to strengthen our Jewishness as our spiritual foundation in the contemporary Judeo-Christian civilization created with the Torah/Bible morality.

From the news media:

In his annual Christmas message, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu noted the common bonds that Jews and Christians share, as well as the thriving Christian community in Israel.
“To all of our Christian friends around the world, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,” Netanyahu said in a video message on Thursday from the courtyard of the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem (ICEJ), one of the world’s largest pro-Israel Christian ministries with branches in over 85 nations and supporters in 160 countries worldwide.
Netanyahu added that he is “proud” of Israel’s relationship with the Christian community and “the bond with you because we all know that this land of Israel is the land of our common heritage. It changed the story of humanity, it changed civilization.”

Source: www.jpost.com/Blogs/Intellectual-Judaism/The-Jews-should-celebrate-Christmas-as-a-Torah-victory-over-paganism-476358

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 01 Aug 2017 15:26 by PFIZIPFEI.
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb

The True Origin of Christmas - Roman Pagan Saturnalia 01 Aug 2017 14:31 #4

• jonb
Yule

[quoteMany of the most popular Christmas customs – including Christmas trees, mistletoe, Christmas presents, and Santa Claus – are modern incarnations of the most depraved pagan rituals ever practiced on earth.[/quote]

Yes I wonder (((who))) pushes that view?

The True Origin of Hanukkah - Forced Circumcision 02 Aug 2017 06:01 #5

• novum
  • Platinum Member
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
The Jews should celebrate Christmas as a Torah victory over paganism

The people that matter do celebrate it, the rest are unwittingly part of the divide and conquer strategy.

The Jews should celebrate Christmas as the Chosen by God with the mission of helping the others, who at the times of Rabbi Joshua who became Jesus Christ in the minds of that time pagans, fulfilling their mission by converting the pagans to the Torah-guided Christians.

Because it is forbidden for the Jews to convert to Judaism those who genetically are outside the Jewish tribe, the only way to make the non-Jews to follow the Torah was the creation of another Torah-guided religion.

And Rabbi Joshua, who became Jesus Christ in the minds of that time pagans, had done it, and we the Jews have to be thankful for his efforts to fulfill the Jewish mission of the Chosen.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Islam

:thumbup:

Bonus ::right:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Oh and, how many of these things are "bad" :ponda: :right: orderofthemorningstar.weebly.com/the-principals.html
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

The True Origin of Christmas - Roman Pagan Saturnalia 02 Aug 2017 08:55 #6

• jonb
(((They))) would love us to believe everything is jewish.

Yet Europeans were making things line to the winter solstice before the time of abraham first structures around Stonehenge 8,500 to 7000 bce and the natural alignment of the pathway could have been used before even that.

It was the policy of the Pope to build churches on heathen shrines, and place christian days over heathen festivals.
User(s) who Liked this post: Orangeaid

The True Origin of Christmas - Roman Pagan Saturnalia 02 Aug 2017 09:47 #7

• novum
  • Platinum Member
They might but its not what I think.

The respect for nature that became traditions, was hi-jacked and co-opted.

The gods of the pantheon were also more like nature than what forcibly replaced that, they werent a good role model for producing compliant slaves.

1365 = 1

The True Origin of Christmas - Roman Pagan Saturnalia 02 Aug 2017 10:59 #8

• jonb
Sorry, OK I see where you are coming from.

I see the desert religions as being a corruption of earlier traditions which are very old.

A problem for me with much of the truth movement is the use of the bible as an original reference in trying to understand symbols, when it is clear many symbols predate the bible by a long long way. Using the bible might tell us how (((they))) are using these things, but it will not be informative about the uncorrupted meanings of many symbols.

The True Origin of Christmas - Roman Pagan Saturnalia 02 Aug 2017 11:18 #9

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Sure, I agree they go back further.

I take it youve watched 'Thunderbolts of the Gods' ?

"Comparative Mythology" is also another one that readers can look into... this is a start en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparative_mythology of course there are plenty of sources out there, and people can make up their own mind as to what resonates and what is poisoning the well.

1365 = 1

The True Origin of Christmas - Roman Pagan Saturnalia 04 Aug 2017 23:20 #10

• jonb
I will give it a look soon, but it is not the sort of thing I derive my knowledge from.
I like to understand the motivations of a speaker, even if that speaker is anti my view, before I start to draw knowledge.

The True Origin of Christmas - Roman Pagan Saturnalia 05 Aug 2017 09:21 #11

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
This, novum?

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

The True Origin of Christmas - Roman Pagan Saturnalia 05 Aug 2017 10:55 #12

• novum
  • Platinum Member
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
This, novum?

Yes thats it. :yup:

Astrotheology is the study of the astronomical origins of religion; how gods, goddesses, and demons are personifications of astronomical phenomena such as lunar eclipses, planetary alignments, and apparent interactions of planetary bodies with stars.

The term astro-theology appears in the title of a 1714 work by William Derham, Astro-theology: or, A demonstration of the being and attributes of God, from a survey of the heavens based on the author's observations by means of "Mr. Huygens' Glass". Derham thought that the stars were openings in the firmament through which he thought he saw the Empyrean beyond.

The 1783 issue of The New Christian's magazine had an essay entitled Astro-theology which argued the "demonstration of sacred truths" from "a survey of heavenly bodies" in the sense of the watchmaker analogy.

Edward Higginson (1855) argues a compatibility of "Jewish Astro-theology" of the Hebrew Bible, which places God and his angelic hosts in the heavens, with a "Scientific Astro-theology" based on observation of the cosmos.

Manly P Hall (1901–1990), mystic and a 33rd degree mason, taught that each of the three Abrahamic faiths has a planet that governs that religion. Judaism is Saturn: the symbol of Judaism is a hexagram symbol of Saturn, and the day of worship is on Saturday, day of Saturn. Christianity is the Sun: the symbol of Christianity is the cross symbol of the Sun, and the day of worship is Sunday, day of the Sun. Islam is Venus: the symbol of Islam is the star and crescent (the star commonly thought to represent Venus), and the day of worship is on Friday.

Dorothy M. Murdock, a proponent of the study, has released books on the subject and teaches the connections between the solar allegory and the life of Christ. She also goes beyond the astronomical comparisons and postulates ties between the origins of many of the early Abrahamic religions to ancient mythologies of that in Egypt, Rome, and Greece.

The same term is used by Jan Irvin, Jordan Maxwell and Andrew Rutajit (2006) in reference to "the earliest known forms of religion and nature worship", advocating the entheogen theory of the origin of religion.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astro-theology

Astrolatry is the worship of stars and other heavenly bodies as deities, or the association of deities with heavenly bodies. The most common instances of this are sun gods and moon gods in polytheistic systems worldwide. Also notable is the association of the planets with deities in Babylonian, and hence in Greco-Roman religion, viz. Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn.

The term astro-theology is used in the context of 18th to 19th century scholarship aiming at the discovery of the original religion, particularly primitive monotheism. Unlike astrolatry, which usually implies polytheism, frowned upon as idolatrous by Christian authors since Eusebius, astrotheology is any "religious system founded upon the observation of the heavens",[1] and in particular, may be monotheistic.

Babylonian astronomy from early times associates stars with deities, but the heavens as the residence of an anthropomorphic pantheon, and later of monotheistic God and his retinue of angels, is a later development, gradually replacing the notion of the pantheon residing or convening on the summit of high mountains.

Sayce (1913) argues a parallelism of the "stellar theology" of Babylon and Egypt, both countries absorbing popular star-worship into the official pantheon of their respective state religions by identification of gods with stars or planets.[2]

Astrolatry does not appear to have been common in the Levant prior to the Iron Age, and becomes popular under Assyrian influence. The Sabaeans were notorious for their astrolatry, for which reason the practice is also known as "Sabaism" or "Sabaeanism". Similarly, the Chaldeans came to be seen as the prototypical astrologers and star-worshippers by the Greeks.

Astrolatry comes from Greek ἄστρον astron, "star" and the suffix -λάτρης, itself related to λάτρις latris, "worshipper" or λατρεύειν latreuein, "to worship" from λάτρον latron, "payment."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrolatry

Bonus: :right: www.constellationsofwords.com/

1365 = 1

Last Edit: 05 Aug 2017 10:56 by novum.

The True Origin of Christmas - Roman Pagan Saturnalia 05 Aug 2017 14:24 #13

• annabelle
  • Silver Member
Oh sorry..I'm confused :conf: :umm: I thought I had accidentally stumbled into the religious section of the David Icke Forum. :P

The True Origin of Christmas - Roman Pagan Saturnalia 05 Aug 2017 14:31 #14

• novum
  • Platinum Member
We just need wee-kid and lightgiver to log in again and we're almost there :P

1365 = 1

Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare