Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

 
PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Difference between humans and animals?

The Difference between humans and animals? 18 Mar 2013 14:57 #1

  • irrepressible
  • irrepressible's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Posts: 2354
  • Likes received: 1237
The difference between humans and animals is... animals don't spend their lives pretending they're anything but. They don't romanticise copulation, reproduction. They don't seem to have a faux sympathy for the other animals they rip apart and consume... "awww, poor cow... pass the salt please, bit of sauce'd go nice with this". :chuckle:
You can be the most sophisticated person in the world, but when you take your clothes off and climb into bed with someone to hump and grind and grunt away, you revert back to what you really are :D We might look great in those new clothes we just spent a lot of money on, but we still pull our trousers down and sit on the toilet for a crap :chuckle:

What is so special about us? What is so special about humans? What is it that separates us from the animals?
Last Edit: 18 Mar 2013 15:45 by irrepressible.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Black Cloud, cantata, myeika

The Difference between humans and animals? 18 Mar 2013 16:13 #2

  • myeika
  • myeika's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Member
  • Loving this experience!
  • Posts: 19
  • Likes received: 21
Our Humanity? Our Consciousness?
At least the animals don't have to take their clothes off!....... ;)
Also a lot of the males in the animal world realise how special the females are and they put on a good display to attract her attention, not many male humans do that ;-)
Every thought you have can be energetically calibrated, along with its impact on your body and your environment.
So think Loving and Happy thoughts today ;-)
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible

The Difference between humans and animals? 18 Mar 2013 16:20 #3

  • StarsChildren
  • StarsChildren's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 612
  • Likes received: 360
The majority of humans have no moral compass, no compassion, no empathy, no loyalty or true friendship/love... yet animals show unconditional love towards humans and their offspring, they only kill what they need to survive, and I believe their soul/consciousness is on a higher level than that of humans.

I'd take one best friend found in an animal over 20 good weather human friends :coffee:
I don't like to think before I speak.
I like to be just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, cantata, myeika

The Difference between humans and animals? 18 Mar 2013 16:30 #4

  • irrepressible
  • irrepressible's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Posts: 2354
  • Likes received: 1237
myeika wrote:
Our Humanity? Our Consciousness?
At least the animals don't have to take their clothes off!....... ;)
Also a lot of the males in the animal world realise how special the females are and they put on a good display to attract her attention, not many male humans do that ;-)

They're just doing what they need to do to continue the species. They're not consciously putting on a display... nature has given them brightly coloured feathers, etc.

The males are equally as important as the females, right across life. Females have a strong desire to take semen, males have a strong desire to give semen :chuckle: I hold animals in higher esteem than people in that regard... they don't throw flowers and cheap chat up lines at continuing their species :D
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Difference between humans and animals? 18 Mar 2013 16:32 #5

  • irrepressible
  • irrepressible's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Posts: 2354
  • Likes received: 1237
StarsChildren wrote:
The majority of humans have no moral compass, no compassion, no empathy, no loyalty or true friendship/love... yet animals show unconditional love towards humans and their offspring, they only kill what they need to survive, and I believe their soul/consciousness is on a higher level than that of humans.

I'd take one best friend found in an animal over 20 good weather human friends :coffee:

I would tend to agree with you on those points :) Animals don't judge. Most humans are weak.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: StarsChildren

The Difference between humans and animals? 18 Mar 2013 16:44 #6

  • StarsChildren
  • StarsChildren's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 612
  • Likes received: 360
irrepressible wrote:
StarsChildren wrote:
The majority of humans have no moral compass, no compassion, no empathy, no loyalty or true friendship/love... yet animals show unconditional love towards humans and their offspring, they only kill what they need to survive, and I believe their soul/consciousness is on a higher level than that of humans.

I'd take one best friend found in an animal over 20 good weather human friends :coffee:

I would tend to agree with you on those points :) Animals don't judge. Most humans are weak.

Another great aspect of animals. They don't care what color your skin is, how tall or short you are, whether your healthy or ill, they don't care if you don't know what you're doing or not... they are always there, regardless of who or what you are.

They are also extremely protective of the beings around them. Especially their young, they always put their offspring first and protect them with their lives, which is something I see far to little of now days in humans.
I don't like to think before I speak.
I like to be just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Difference between humans and animals? 18 Mar 2013 16:51 #7

  • irrepressible
  • irrepressible's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Posts: 2354
  • Likes received: 1237
StarsChildren wrote:

Another great aspect of animals. They don't care what color your skin is, how tall or short you are, whether your healthy or ill, they don't care if you don't know what you're doing or not... they are always there, regardless of who or what you are.

They are also extremely protective of the beings around them. Especially their young, they always put their offspring first and protect them with their lives, which is something I see far to little of now days in humans.

I agree with that as well :) Although, some dogs have killed babies, and mauled toddlers. Whether that's the fault of the animal or the owner is debatable, but that's the darker side of animal nature/instincts.

Too add; Lions, male Lions have been known to kill all the cubs when they take over a pride. Gorillas kill monkeys, including babies, and eat them. Nature is as ugly as it is beautiful.
Last Edit: 18 Mar 2013 16:57 by irrepressible.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Difference between humans and animals? 18 Mar 2013 17:05 #8

  • StarsChildren
  • StarsChildren's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 612
  • Likes received: 360
irrepressible wrote:
StarsChildren wrote:

Another great aspect of animals. They don't care what color your skin is, how tall or short you are, whether your healthy or ill, they don't care if you don't know what you're doing or not... they are always there, regardless of who or what you are.

They are also extremely protective of the beings around them. Especially their young, they always put their offspring first and protect them with their lives, which is something I see far to little of now days in humans.

I agree with that as well :) Although, some dogs have killed babies, and mauled toddlers. Whether that's the fault of the animal or the owner is debatable, but that's the darker side of animal nature/instincts.

Too add; Lions, male Lions have been known to kill all the cubs when they take over a pride. Gorillas kill monkeys, including babies, and eat them. Nature is as ugly as it is beautiful.

Well, it is debatable who is at fault... personally, no matter how much I trusted a dog, I would never leave it alone with a child (baby/toddler)... kids have a bad habit of hitting, slapping, pinching, pulling and if you have a dog you trust with your life, even they can get to the point they've had enough and they would nip their own young in the butt for behavior like that, so of course they are gonna correct a human child for it. A parent should be there to do the correction on their own child before it gets to the point that the dog has to correct the child.

Some of it also has to do with inbreeding, you inbreed an animal line far enough there are going to be issues (same as humans, who technically are animals too) and they are gonna be a little off in the head.

Also factor in that some people raise dogs to fight, breed them to fight... those kind of animals should not be trusted around children. And there are numerous people who abuse animals, hit them, kick them, so on and so forth...sooner or later those dogs are gonna snap, and sometimes it is a child in front of them and not the perpetrator of the abuse who gets it.

I have had numerous dogs in my life. Some have a reputation of being great family dogs and great with kids. I've been snapped at by them when doing stupid shit as a kid. I've also had dogs known for violence and being dangerous...a chow, she was a big pussy cat. My son, when he was a baby, she was extremely protective of him, and when he got bigger let him roll all over her and chased him around nipping him in the butt. I now have a pitbull, great dog, extremely protective of my son (to the point she snarls and growls at me when I get after him, but she knows better, knows I am "top dog" and will cower back if I turn on her for it)...she does not tolerate him hitting, slapping or jumping on her (will growl and snap at him), he is old enough to understand and if he gets bit, it's his own damn fault (and mine). She bit him once for yanking on her ears (didn't break skin, just a warning bite), I tossed her outside then corrected him.

Its a fine line, but one a parent has to take responsibility for. Not the animal, the animal is doing what comes natural to them or what they have been trained/bred to do.
I don't like to think before I speak.
I like to be just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.
Last Edit: 18 Mar 2013 17:11 by StarsChildren. Reason: wording
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, Black Cloud

The Difference between humans and animals? 18 Mar 2013 17:28 #9

  • irrepressible
  • irrepressible's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Posts: 2354
  • Likes received: 1237
Some dogs have killed newborn babies though... now ultimately the blame for that lies with the idiotic parents, I would never leave a newborn baby in an empty room, never mind in a room with a domesticized wolf. I think in those situations, the dog may have got rid of the competition so to speak.
Nature is very brutal and cannibalistic, constantly creating and consuming itself. Humans can rationalise and choose, especially in our cosy western world, but what happens when those choices become more and more limited? What happens when it all comes down to choosing to live, or choosing to die? Because that's what true survival comes down to I think. When all choices are exhausted except to live or to die, that is when we revert completely to being a pure animal.
Last Edit: 18 Mar 2013 17:28 by irrepressible.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: StarsChildren

The Difference between humans and animals? 18 Mar 2013 17:42 #10

  • StarsChildren
  • StarsChildren's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 612
  • Likes received: 360
Yeah, newborn baby...responsibility would lie with the parents. Given, I have left my son when he was a newborn alone in a room (my room), and my chow did lay in the doorway or just outside it in the hallway, but I could see her and she did know better than to go in the room without me there. If she was in there without me, I would have been in there in a heartbeat. Leaving a dog alone with a newborn is stupidity on the parents part IMO.

In situations of life or death, you do what you have to do to survive. Unfortunately, I don't think too many people have those natural, animal instincts anymore. People are too dependent on a world where they are spoonfed everything (yes, we have to work for the money to buy it, but its not the same as starting from the ground up and surviving).
I don't like to think before I speak.
I like to be just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible

The Difference between humans and animals? 18 Mar 2013 17:49 #11

  • StarsChildren
  • StarsChildren's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 612
  • Likes received: 360
Also, I can't remember what zoo it was at, but there was a child that fell into a gorilla pit/area. One gorilla, I think it was a female, picked up the child who was unconscious and carried it off to a section where workers came in, then proceeded to protect that human child from silver backs and the rest of the gorilla's (there were 5-10 of them I think). She stood guard over the child and kept the others away until workers came in and got the child. THAT shows compassion, and understanding IMO...even though it wasn't her offspring, or even the same species, she protected it against males and others who would harm it, risking her life probably, to do so until workers (humans) could come get the child.
I don't like to think before I speak.
I like to be just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, myeika

The Difference between humans and animals? 18 Mar 2013 17:51 #12

  • irrepressible
  • irrepressible's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Posts: 2354
  • Likes received: 1237
One Gorilla out of 5 - 10 that was willing to protect... 4 - 9 Gorillas that were willing to harm/kill. Is compassion rarer than we would think?
Last Edit: 18 Mar 2013 17:52 by irrepressible.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Difference between humans and animals? 18 Mar 2013 18:07 #13

  • StarsChildren
  • StarsChildren's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 612
  • Likes received: 360
IDK if its rarer, or more common outside of humans... all I know is I don't know any humans that would protect something not of their own species, humans are even choosy it seems when it comes to protecting their own species.
I don't like to think before I speak.
I like to be just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Difference between humans and animals? 18 Mar 2013 22:14 #14

  • cantata
  • cantata's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • Posts: 2481
  • Likes received: 2679
StarsChildren wrote:
Also, I can't remember what zoo it was at, but there was a child that fell into a gorilla pit/area. One gorilla, I think it was a female, picked up the child who was unconscious and carried it off to a section where workers came in, then proceeded to protect that human child from silver backs and the rest of the gorilla's (there were 5-10 of them I think). She stood guard over the child and kept the others away until workers came in and got the child. THAT shows compassion, and understanding IMO...even though it wasn't her offspring, or even the same species, she protected it against males and others who would harm it, risking her life probably, to do so until workers (humans) could come get the child.

Jambo in Jersy Zoo on the Channel Islands. He was actually the top silverback in the group. They have a statue of him in tribute there now:



Animals though.... they shouldn't be "idealised". I luv 'em (espeically my beloved horses) but they can be vicious, greedy, jealous, dominant, etc.

With dog packs, if one of their members is dirty (cleanliness keeps predators from knowing where the den is) or bad out hunting, they will gang up on that member to drive them out of the pack. If it won't go and keeps trying to come back.... they'll kill it. They will leave to die and ill or deformed youngster, abandon old members in time of scarcity. You know, they aren't always entirely loving, giving, wonderful little beasties. :D They are what they are: fully grown male and female animals trying to survive.

Horses... you know I adore them and always will - I want another now!!! - but they are brutal in their mating and will fight to the death over mares! Today (because the stallions are so often expensive and you don't want them to get a kick) the mares are hobbled and put in a closed area to be mated - because she might just defend herself violently against her "lover". :O

Animals are a lot more in touch with who and what they are meant to be, and how they are meant to get along.

Humans, in that respect, are very much more vulnerable and seem to have to be taught everything. I guess that leaves them vulnerable to their teachers. If they're good, fine; if they're bad, the child won't stand much chance of being anything more without the intervention of others who know better.

And that's one of the biggest "things" that set humans apart and put them at the top of the chain. Their communication systems. Even the "dumbest" of humans, people who can't read or write, can usually use the very complex road systems (including motorways) that the very cleverest of animals will just never get and keep themselves and their young safe from.

The human is a very spectacular creature, able to survive in any part of this planet. It's sad that so many of them get written off and left to ail in life. It's the biggest sin there is, I think.
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).


:cavalier
Last Edit: 18 Mar 2013 22:15 by cantata.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, StarsChildren, myeika

The Difference between humans and animals? 18 Mar 2013 22:54 #15

  • cantata
  • cantata's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • Posts: 2481
  • Likes received: 2679
Just to add:

Don't forget, too, that the huge, vast bulk of people in this world would never hurt anyone else. They get along perfectly without ever being "policed". The police force and such like are in place to keep the very few in line, not to control the very many.

And watch any programme called "The Secret Millionare". It won't matter which episode you pick - what you will see (apart from some arsehole millionaire thrilling himself on how kind he's being) is a series of small groups of people, often ill or in hardship themselves - DOING something for the ailing, old, young and vulnerable in their own areas.

Now, you just don't get that in the animal world.

Nor the saving of species because we, the humans, like them and want to keep them (the fekkin Giant Panda should have been extinct centuries ago; it's only here at all by the virtue of people who love the critter).

We're very quick to denegrate the utterly fantastic human being... mainly based on those who were wronged since babyhood (and their parents et al before them) and who are sneered at for not being better than they are and as SPECTACULAR as they SHOULD be.

It's a terrible, terrible sin.
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).


:cavalier
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, myeika

The Difference between humans and animals? 18 Mar 2013 23:05 #16

  • irrepressible
  • irrepressible's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Posts: 2354
  • Likes received: 1237
You've kind of kicked my mild cynicism into touch cantata :emb: :D
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

The Difference between humans and animals? 18 Mar 2013 23:17 #17

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 16704
  • Likes received: 7887
irrepressible wrote:
Too add; Lions, male Lions have been known to kill all the cubs when they take over a pride. Gorillas kill monkeys, including babies, and eat them. Nature is as ugly as it is beautiful.

Some domestic cats do this too when they are outdoor cats and revert back to their wild selves a little bit... im still talking pets here but ones that roam around... ive seen it happen many times... even had to clean up the mess... if they find a kitten litter they will clamp down on the male kittens necks and kill them, leave the females without a scratch. So they behave like lions in that respect.
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, cantata

The Difference between humans and animals? 18 Mar 2013 23:24 #18

  • irrepressible
  • irrepressible's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Posts: 2354
  • Likes received: 1237
novum wrote:
Some domestic cats do this too when they are outdoor cats and revert back to their wild selves a little bit... im still talking pets here but ones that roam around... ive seen it happen many times... even had to clean up the mess... if they find a kitten litter they will clamp down on the male kittens necks and kill them, leave the females without a scratch. So they behave like lions in that respect.

It's the brutality of it that gets me... it just seems so cruel and selfish, getting rid of genetic competition kind of thing. Sort of horrifying really.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Difference between humans and animals? 18 Mar 2013 23:25 #19

  • cantata
  • cantata's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • Posts: 2481
  • Likes received: 2679
I tend not to be one for Either/Or. I don't see if all as either prefer animals or humans. I see it as appreciate everything for what it's meant to be. And everything has good and bad to its way of going along. But humans are o(as far as I can think) the only ones who are prepared (or can) learn better just for the sake of knowing better, and teaching better to their young.

I love animals. And I love trees and the sea and hills and all. And I love humans (except Tories and Lib Dems :D But then they're not humans).

I often stand agog as people "forgive" dogs for their attacks because they were bred wrong or trained wrong...

.... then slate estate loads of children in one fell swoop because they are "ferral" and having to learn to get on in this world off their own bats. :conf:
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).


:cavalier
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, myeika

The Difference between humans and animals? 18 Mar 2013 23:32 #20

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 16704
  • Likes received: 7887
irrepressible wrote:
It's the brutality of it that gets me... it just seems so cruel and selfish, getting rid of genetic competition kind of thing. Sort of horrifying really.

Yeah it is brutal, ive even heard the screams of kittens, then found them dead/dying, blood everywhere.

Less competition and more females around to boot.
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare
Powered by Kunena Forum

Annual Server Target

Whether its 50 cents or five dollars, your donations are appreciated and help keep this community site running so we can all continue to enjoy using it. Secure transactions via paypal.
This target is to meet our server cost for one year, June 2019 - May 2020, in USD.
$ 340 - Target
( £ 270 GBP )
donation thermometer
donation thermometer
$ 100 - Raised
( £ 80 GBP )
donation thermometer
29%
Updated
31st May 2019

No one is obliged to donate, please only donate what you can afford. Even the smallest amount helps. Being an active member is a positive contribution. Thank You.