Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I've done something that is not good

I've done something that is not good 29 Mar 2013 12:22 #1

• dawnbreak
  • Fresh Member
For some reason my son has thought the end of the world might happen and I want to reassure him this is not the case

He is worried about North Korea and feels that a nuclear attack,,,, is imminent

What do I say to say 'no it's not happen in your lifetime'

He is slightly nervous because I bought 3 bottles of water Asda and a plug in phone however I'm only preparing for a powercut but he does not believe me and thinks I'm stocking up for an end of the world sceneriio

He knows look t conspicy sites and we usual have a laugh about me membership and my views , however he is really scared.

How would you handle this .would you just say don't be daft the world is not ending or talk about the NWO and 'beings'

Genuinely would like serious answer because I at a loss of what I should say to him
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

I've done something that is not good 29 Mar 2013 13:43 #2

• StarsChildren
how old is ur son? that would help u decide on what to tell him n what not to tell him based on ur beliefs, age appropriateness n all that

I don't like to think before I speak.
I like to be just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.
Last Edit: 31 Mar 2013 19:55 by StarsChildren.
User(s) who Liked this post: dawnbreak

I've done something that is not good 29 Mar 2013 15:13 #3

• novum
  • Platinum Member
dawnbreak wrote:
'beings'

Which beings u talking about dawny? Im just wondering, not being smart or anything.
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352

I've done something that is not good 29 Mar 2013 15:20 #4

• cantata
  • Silver Member
It's hard, dawny, because emotions are "contagious" and often we don't realise it. It's great when we're around uppy sites and people, because we catch uppiness - and that's great to pass onto our children. But when we have inadvertantly "caught" doom and gloom, we pass that on too.

Your son is more prone to this coming from you directly because you are a trusted Authority in his life. My daughter got very agitated some time last year about the Illuminati and how Satanists were taking over the world.... until I kind of saw through the b/shit myself and started telling her I just didn't believe it. If they were able to "take over the world.... they would have done so already". I told her that all I could see were a load of people thrilling themselves on their own inner perversions and using their huge wealth (that we gave them, piecemeal each) to finance it. Bit by bit my disbelief in that rubbish filtered through to her, same as the fear had dribbled into her from me bit by bit in the first place.

Kids have an awful lot to cope with nowadays without taking on the (unfounded) fears and worries of the grown ups around them.

When I was young, I discovered that the army site about 8 miles from out town was actually the Central ammunition Dump, where the army et al stored their bombs, weapons and NUCLEAR WARHEADS (it still is) and that if it was ever hit, because of the nuclear ammo stashed there, our town would be in the "flash zone". That is, we wouldn't even get to hear the explosion. We'd all be gone *snaps fingers* in the first flash of light. :O For weeks I went around worrying how to try and get my horse safe if anything happened..... (yes, I was that young! :D ).

And it never happened. It still hasn't. They only thing they've ever used those warheads for is waving to one another in threat and "practising" letting them off in various oceans around the world.

Tell your son that North Korea is just joining in with the "ball swinging". It wants to be seen as a Big Guy. It won't start anything... because if it tries, the whole of North Korea would be gone from the planet in less than 30 seconds flat!

Politician's fear mongering and postulating. They've always done it, they always will.

And then, really, for your and his good, step away from conspiracy sites for a time. When you next go near them, you'll see the bollox they are. I sometimes now go on the DIFs again and, OMG., how they all love their Dark Adventures and panic mongering. They just swallow the shite whole.... then call the rest of the population sheep who just swallow shite whole. :conf:

It's not healthy. It's not real. And it's not helping anyone or getting anything positive done.

Tell your child to enjoy his world and to make something of it for himself. He has a good future ahead.

:)
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
Last Edit: 29 Mar 2013 15:23 by cantata.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, dawnbreak

I've done something that is not good 29 Mar 2013 21:22 #5

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
What cantata said ^

Fear of nuclear war used to be more 'real' than it is now when I was a kid, when the Cold War was on. But it didn't happen.

Hell, in 1963 when the Cuban missile crisis happened, the world was literally shiteing its pants for a bit there (so I'm told....I wasn't born till a year later).

But it didn't happen.

Maybe it will some day, who knows. I doubt it though, because even the thickest amongst the PTB know that there can be no real 'winner'.

(good to see you back btw dawny :hug: )
The pen is mightier than the sword

I've done something that is not good 30 Mar 2013 00:48 #6

• Straight Shooter
diamondgeezer wrote:
Maybe it will some day, who knows. I doubt it though, because even the thickest amongst the PTB know that there can be no real 'winner'

I agree DG, anyone who could get a Nuke must has enough money that they would not wan't to see it go off.

Dawn look your son in the eyes and just straight up tell him the end of the world is nothing to worry about.

:heartflower :peace:

I've done something that is not good 30 Mar 2013 01:11 #7

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
The 'Soviet Union' was dismantled in the late 80's RA, just like that. ofc it wasn't all planned.... :roll:

Good old Gorbachev eh.

I've done something that is not good 31 Mar 2013 21:19 #8

• butterfly
if he is old enough just tell him "this is what i think/believe ________" and let him know he is more than welcome to do his own research and decide for himself what he believes and what he thinks will happen and when

I've done something that is not good 31 Mar 2013 22:44 #9

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
StarsChildren wrote:
Found one.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

I've done something that is not good 31 Mar 2013 22:47 #10

• cantata
  • Silver Member
pheony! How lovely to "see" you. :)
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier

I've done something that is not good 31 Mar 2013 22:48 #11

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
cantata wrote:
pheony! How lovely to "see" you. :)
Hi cantata...lovely to see you too. :)
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

I've done something that is not good 31 Mar 2013 22:56 #12

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Hey phe :hi:

I've done something that is not good 31 Mar 2013 23:01 #13

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
diamondgeezer wrote:
Hey phe :hi:

Hi DG :)