Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Welcome to the pit that is the U.K.

Welcome to the pit that is the U.K. 24 May 2013 22:31 #21

• Straight Shooter
diamondgeezer wrote:
Americans are losing their rights & their freedoms just as fast as people in the UK and other European countries are.

Perhaps faster...

I think because i live in the north east in a very democratic area where everyone likes Obama my opinion is biased.

If i grew up in the deep south or mid-west where rednecks scream "Obama gonna take our guns" things would be demoralizing.

Plus my friend was working in Jackson Mississippi & Louisiana this year and called to tell me poverty down there is wild.

I have not traveled (drove) to Florida in the last 3 years like i did in my 20's so my perspective might be skewed.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Welcome to the pit that is the U.K. 24 May 2013 22:59 #22

• username
.......... wrote:
username wrote:
You can clearly see the UK whilst not the best Europe fairs well against some republics and a lot of the monarchies in Europe fair better than the republics. All of them fair better than the USA on income distribution, with only Denmark getting near the US on wealth distribution. I can't see how living under a monarchy is the root of all the problems in the UK when you look at it objectively. There are more people sitting in their castles in the US wearing diamonds when you look at the data.

I understand your point about income distribution but i think the quality of life statistics get skewed by how many rich people there are in America. For instance if you look at the total wealth of nations you can see that America is not just at the top of the list with a total GDP of 15 trillion dollars and a population of 300 million people. But the next country China at #2 has only half the GDP at 7 trillion with a population of 1.4 Billion people. The UK on the other hand has a GDP of 2.4 trillion with a population of 63 million.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

Now if you take the amount of land in America and spread out 300 million people with a total GDP of 15 trillion you can get a nice quality of life if your out in the suburbs which about 75% of Americans are. But if you take 63 million people spread out over the small amount of land in the UK with a total GDP of 2.4 trillion i just don't think it adds up. I have been in Europe before but it seemed like everyone lived in townhouses aka flats and it was just to congested for me so maybe i take for granted that i live in an American suburb. Now with that being said if i wanted a city life then maybe Europe would be a better place for me. You see American suburbs are like a totally different world than US cities. Some of our city's are like small African colonies with very dangerous ghettos, high poverty and Tribal warfare which is known as gang banging in America. So even though i would rather live in Europe than be stuck in a ghetto like North Philadelphia or Detroit. I would still rather live in the Suburbs of America than in Europe.

I hope what a said makes sense in how i tried to explain it.

I was was just trying to make the point that the monarchy was not really a factor whatsoever on the state of things when you look at the data.I know any statistic can get skewed by outliers but the outliers are what causes the high coefficient of distribution in income and wealth in the US. The outliers are abject poverty and extreme wealth. Nothing to do with Monarchies but plenty to do with political systems.

I've lived in the suburbs of Kansas City, MO so I know what you mean about US suburbs, definitely not like UK suburbs

You have the same ghettos that you're on about in Europe though, maybe not as extreme. There's gangs in Europe too, the situation is probably a bit more transient than in US though with control of areas changing more reguarly.
Last Edit: 24 May 2013 23:00 by username.

Welcome to the pit that is the U.K. 25 May 2013 04:13 #23

• Straight Shooter
username wrote:
The outliers are abject poverty and extreme wealth. Nothing to do with Monarchies but plenty to do with political systems.

My point is that the Royal Family is the absolute figurehead for extreme wealth not just in the UK but all the western world.

That's why i keep ranting about the Castles, Royal Sceptre and Crown Jewels because they make extreme wealth accepted.

You understand what i'm saying, the Monarchy has to be banished to end the ideology of the Wealthy people ruling the poor.

The fact that underclass British people have not had massive riots of millions of people to end this rule is mind blowing.

On the other hand America has a second term black president from a family with no wealth is not even comparable.

The Royal Family is the top of the pyramid and what they represent stands for everything that is wrong with the world.

It's all about the principles behind this psychology which have to be changed for the political system to even be fair.

Welcome to the pit that is the U.K. 25 May 2013 04:31 #24

• Straight Shooter
username wrote:
I was was just trying to make the point that the monarchy was not really a factor whatsoever on the state of things.

No matter how factual you believe these two youtube videos are they are undoubtedly from the worlds greatest conspiracy movie.

I was vaporizing weed in Miami back in 2007 watching this movie with some friends that were pro athletes in the NFL.

Basically we watched Empire of the City World Superstate aka Ring of Power and Zeitgeist....

Ever since that day i became a conspiracy theorist and there was no looking back.

Welcome to the pit that is the U.K. 25 May 2013 10:16 #25

• username
.......... wrote:
It's all about the principles behind this psychology which have to be changed for the political system to even be fair.

That there is exactly my point though. Monarchy or republic, take a look around, same problems caused by the same people. Believing one system is better than the other whilst ignoring the similarities in the problems faced by normal people is sort of succumbing to propaganda don't you think?

Welcome to the pit that is the U.K. 25 May 2013 17:09 #26

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
.......... wrote:
I think because i live in the north east in a very democratic area where everyone likes Obama my opinion is biased.

Have you seen this guys video's before RA? In this one, he is quite scathing about Obama (2.20 minutes in onward), and I'd be interested in your thoughts on it.

The pen is mightier than the sword
Last Edit: 25 May 2013 17:13 by diamondgeezer.

Welcome to the pit that is the U.K. 25 May 2013 19:44 #27

• Straight Shooter
diamondgeezer wrote:
.......... wrote:

Have you seen this guys video's before RA? In this one, he is quite scathing about Obama (2.20 minutes in onward), and I'd be interested in your thoughts on it.

Ok, i just watched the video and i understand what the guy is trying to say...

But with that being said here is my opinion, i believe Obama realizes that the way Bush "Shock & Awed" Iraq killing a million people was wrong. So now Obama is trying to save face for America and that is why the guy in the video you posted makes the point that "Obama is not just Americas first black president he is our first 3rd world president". Now with that being said DG, i personally believe that radical Muslims who think they can just kill girls that want an education in the middle of the street while crowds cheer is fucked up. Problem is that the idea the Neocons have that we can just "Shock & Awe" them all and kill them by the millions is wrong so i don't have the answers. As for why i voted for Obama it's simple and nothing to over-analyze. Basically Romney stood for all the wrong thing's and since i coach high school basketball and my kids are black and come from the ghetto it's nice to see Obama give them a little bit of hope for a better life.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, cantata

Welcome to the pit that is the U.K. 06 Jun 2013 16:21 #28

• Straight Shooter

Welcome to the pit that is the U.K. 08 Jun 2013 11:23 #29

• Straight Shooter

Welcome to the pit that is the U.K. 08 Jun 2013 13:02 #30

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
If that was just some random old woman she'd probably be chinned and dragged off by thugs :D

That was pretty weird stuff :chuckle:

Welcome to the pit that is the U.K. 19 Jun 2013 19:44 #31

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
The UK might still be a paradise - regarding landscape in rural areas - and people - in rural areas - I only know Ireland like it was a decade or more ago ..........

Just like any other European country.

The only difference to other European countries:

You host the destroyers.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

Welcome to the pit that is the U.K. 20 Jun 2013 23:43 #32

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
You host the destroyers.

Really? I thought most of them were in Brussels...
The pen is mightier than the sword

Welcome to the pit that is the U.K. 21 Jun 2013 18:37 #33

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
diamondgeezer wrote:
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
You host the destroyers.

Really? I thought most of them were in Brussels...

The lackeys of the destroyers are in Brussels and everywhere.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

Welcome to the pit that is the U.K. 27 Jun 2013 20:33 #34

• cantata
  • Silver Member
I see the Queen has been awarded a 5% "pay rise" , which will result in her being given an extra £38 million.

Meanwhile, the second heir to the country's vein, William, has been allocated £1 million, to renovate his home in time for the birth of the next generation of parasite.

Seeing as the tax payer already foots their telephone bills, newspaper bills, food and servants bills, clothes, properties.... what do these people spend their dosh on? Do they ever put their hands in their own pockets for anything?

"The People", meanwhile, won't even be allocated a free little plastic Union Jack to wave at them, as they pass by.

WHY do we keep these things? While people are being left homeless, hungry, unschooled and without any kind of future to aim for, we sit letting these (and other) pigs snorff at the trough unhindered?

Go figure the pit that the U.K. is.

:mad:
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier

Welcome to the pit that is the U.K. 27 Jun 2013 22:53 #35

• username
Something i read on the bbc regarding our love of celebrity Cantata, a theory as to why we love the oxygen thieves

www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23046602
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, cantata

Welcome to the pit that is the U.K. 27 Jun 2013 23:04 #36

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Oooo.... lots to argue with in that item, username - as could be expected from the celebrity promoter, the BBC. :D Take this:

How did such systems arise? The most convincing theory suggests that prestige evolved as part of a package of psychological adaptations for cultural learning. It allowed our ancestors to recognise and reward individuals with superior skills and knowledge, and learn from them

Historically, and to date - what is there worth learning from any of them? Superior skills and knowledge? I think not. :D From the violently psychopathic killers of yesteryear to the mewling self-adorers of today, they are only kept and protected by the "minions".

I just can't understand why. Are they "our pet humans", or something?

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

User(s) who Liked this post: pheony

Welcome to the pit that is the U.K. 27 Jun 2013 23:16 #37

• username
I think Jamie Tehrani was trying to say in that as human social groups got more diverse then just looking as hierachy as determined by physical dominance was filtered out by evolution and we started to appreciate and look up to other attributes to determine hierachy.

This effect then got warped in to us looking up to celebrities as our primodal brains see it as they've made it in life so are above us iin hierarchy. That's what I took from it, sort of even though they don't deserve it it's hard wired in to our brain.

Welcome to the pit that is the U.K. 27 Jun 2013 23:28 #38

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Oh yes, I understood that, username. But I think he fell into the trap (as humans so often do, no matter the title they glean from their university degree - yet another "mark of celebrity" for so many, even if in their own mind) of assuming that these people HAD other attributes. I would argue that they had not. They had/have no attribute over or above any human attribute found in any person, if they have that much to begin with.

Their celebrity and status is more often "bestowed" on them by the supposedly ordinary person.

Maybe they are a manifestation of our own low self-esteem?

:conf:

Welcome to the pit that is the U.K. 27 Jun 2013 23:40 #39

• username
But there's always the first person to start doing something that changes something for the group, hunting a different way, making people laugh a different way. It's looking out for the change in behaviour that we perceive as being a better survivor within the group as copying them will ensure our survival. As our groups got more diverse we realised that we didn't have to copy the strongest, we could copy the hunter that sets a trap or copy the person that gets fed by the group as they look after other members young.

More people do the copying to ensure their survival as they aren't physically the strongest.

It's this mindset that gots warped in to thinking that wearing calvin klein kecks and boning a Kardashian will ensure survival. I don't think it's low self esteem, I think you could say that survival is relatively so easy in our society that we copy by default the people that are at the pinnacle of our socity. It's just the parameters have changed.

edit-not sure if I totally agree with the article, I just haven't really thought why the celebrity hierachy exists and it made some superficial sense to me. You could say there's a whole section of soceity that now survives by manipulating the copying of the to be copied and those that survive by making sure they are copied. It's very confusing.
Last Edit: 27 Jun 2013 23:45 by username.
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, cantata

Welcome to the pit that is the U.K. 27 Jun 2013 23:48 #40

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I can't understand the celebrity worship that goes on these days... people are looking up to these "celebrities" who have no discernible talent whatsoever. Where are all the geniuses? If I'm going to look up to someone, it will be a genius of sorts :chuckle:

It's a strange world in which a kid "singing" through auto tune, to some crappy basic background "music" gets far more views on youtube than the likes of Ludwig van Beethoven.
User(s) who Liked this post: username
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare