Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I Had A Head-Shift Today....

I Had A Head-Shift Today.... 13 Aug 2013 20:12 #1

• cantata
  • Silver Member
... one of those slight movements of the Inner Self (or whatever) when you know that because of situations or circumstances, something has really changed about the Self.

I've always been one for contacting local councillors or area MPs etc., to let them know if and when they are going against their election promises (so, lots of letters, emails and visits, then!) and to let them know of my own personal dissatisfactions, etc. I have quite literally over 1000 letters from the Houses Of Parliament (they are obliged to respond to you). I don't even open them anymore! But still, if all I can do is write letters, emails or drop into their offices and clinics, I do (useless as it always is - but, by god, that would change if we ALL did it!).

I also hate injustice. I cannot bear to see put upon people being treated badly and don't think it's right that councillors or MPs should get off with that in any way.

So, there I was today, sitting in the local Conservative Twonk's office, waiting until he finished a very important telephone call, so that I could again register my dissatisfaction about the street lights still being switched off, when it has already caused deaths, an increase in sexual attacks and in burglary, blah-blah-blah...

Now, to keep up appearances of not spending too much on themselves, This Twonk's office is in the south of the town, which is run down and is #3 on the list of Highest Child Poverty Levels in the U.K. And while I'm waiting, every kind of "ailing personality" went walking past: the struggling disabled; the struggling elderly; the down-at-heel mothers with their under-nourished kiddies; the uneducated; and some with obvious drink or drugs problems. And not ONE of them even glanced sideways at The Twonk's office, never mind came in to demand government DO something about their, their children's or their neighbours' plights.

Just all shuffling past, struggling on as best they could - while one of the effin Twonks that's eating them alive sits in his "office" hoping to Christ that he can make his pretend important phone call to London last long enough for me to give up and go, instead of lecture him intently for an hour to come (as usual).

And there was this wordless moment in my head when I suddenly KNEW: I will never do this again. Not ever. Not for anyone or anything.

Put harshly, if people can't be arsed to do something for themselves - even take a two step detour into a CONSERVATIVE MP's OFFICE and tell him what they think, so he is reminded that his job is on the line... then I can't be bothered to do if for them.

And, in that split second, it was like a shift away from - not giving a damn; I know I'll always support and join up with those who do try or do or whatever - but from those who will just take it and watch their children or grannies take it too.

They must like it! I don't understand their psychological "payback", but they must like it if they don't do anything to put an end to it. I understand how people can't just jump on a train or coach and go to protest in London (although, really, if it meant that much they could); but to WALK PAST one of the Twonks in-situ without as much as registering a requirement or protest.... come on, they must be getting some kind of payback from it.

And after I'd made my usual blather about how this government was making a total mess of things (for which they'll send me another letter from Parliament up ahead) I walked out of his office and absolutely KNEW:

I will never, ever do this kind of thing again - not for anyone or anything, outside of my own!
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
Last Edit: 13 Aug 2013 20:30 by cantata.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, PFIZIPFEI, .........., jonb, Blonde_Bombshell

I Had A Head-Shift Today.... 13 Aug 2013 20:14 #2

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Er, DG, Novum... why is everything underlined? :conf: I'm not being that emphatic about this having to be read! :D

*phew* Managed to get it gone. ;)

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

Last Edit: 13 Aug 2013 20:31 by cantata.
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony

I Had A Head-Shift Today.... 13 Aug 2013 20:28 #3

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Good for you cantata. :hug:

'We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone' :)

When we realise that we can't change the world on our own, life becomes a lot simpler.

Sometimes we just have to help ourselves. :rose:
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata, Blonde_Bombshell

I Had A Head-Shift Today.... 13 Aug 2013 20:29 #4

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
cantata wrote:
Er, DG, Novum... why is everything underlined? :conf: I'm not being that emphatic about this having to be read! :D

I did wonder. :coffee: :D
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

I Had A Head-Shift Today.... 13 Aug 2013 20:35 #5

• cantata
  • Silver Member
My parents were strong Union people all their lives, phe. They were both Area Reps for their union and saved many a man's job along their ways. And they instilled in us a sense of Justice and the need to Stand Together and make things happen.

I think what did "happen" today is that I realised how very few people actually bother. They just leave it to someone else all the time. And I had enough of being the Twit that tries in a complete sea of people whose needs might be much greater than my own... but who don't care and can't be bothered.

:mad:

*Am luvvin the new avvie btw, phe :up: *

Last Edit: 13 Aug 2013 20:36 by cantata.
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, Blonde_Bombshell

I Had A Head-Shift Today.... 13 Aug 2013 21:01 #6

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I thought you might like it. :P I imagine an excited buck and a rear to finish it off. :cool:

I used to be involved with a few charities...even volunteering at a Magistrates Court...until I realised what a farce it all was. I was never there for the people that really needed me, but instead, an unpaid lackey..who helped to keep the machine turning, or not, as the case my be.

When I decided that enough was enough...it didn't go down well...money spent on my training etc... but I had given enough back to cover that cost, so walked away with a clear conscience.

Sometimes even our hardest efforts don't make a difference. I stopped trying to save the world a while ago now, because It suddenly dawned on me, that I couldn't. :)

I Had A Head-Shift Today.... 14 Aug 2013 09:31 #7

• jonb
Thread read with sadness, and understanding. You are right, but that is a shame.

I Had A Head-Shift Today.... 14 Aug 2013 10:59 #8

It's really cool that you have thought of others as much as you have. I'm a bit young and foolish, but hope I will do something good with my life and help people out.
Last Edit: 14 Aug 2013 11:08 by Blonde_Bombshell.

I Had A Head-Shift Today.... 14 Aug 2013 17:33 #9

• cantata
  • Silver Member
I've honestly felt really liberated today. :) It really did sink in that the ills and ails of the world are not on my shoulders - I didn't cause them and I'm not called on to correct them (especially not alone! :D ).

I passed the Jobcentre on the way back from the hills with Ruby-dog and there were BUNCHES of tattily dressed men and overweight women with little kids in pushchairs all standing outside SMOKING and LAUGHING, like it was some kind of social centre. How bad can it be for them, then? There's me thinking the poor b's getting dragged in and talked down to and made to do this and that.... er, not. Not by the look of it, anyway.

And then caught in traffic as I inched my way up the road in the south of town... and not one person going into the Tory MP's office (again).

And I absolutely didn't care! :bow: Now, about that change in my own work and circumstances I've been mulling over but too down and drained to do anything about.....

:D

User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, PFIZIPFEI

I Had A Head-Shift Today.... 15 Aug 2013 18:41 #10

cantata wrote:
... one of those slight movements of the Inner Self (or whatever) when you know that because of situations or circumstances, something has really changed about the Self.

I've always been one for contacting local councillors or area MPs etc., to let them know if and when they are going against their election promises (so, lots of letters, emails and visits, then!) and to let them know of my own personal dissatisfactions, etc. I have quite literally over 1000 letters from the Houses Of Parliament (they are obliged to respond to you). I don't even open them anymore! But still, if all I can do is write letters, emails or drop into their offices and clinics, I do (useless as it always is - but, by god, that would change if we ALL did it!).
I do agree with you, it's more effective to get a number together have meetings, work together and bombard the speaker with awkward questions etc, writing letters also, get a few people together even just to sign it, preferably to write their own.

I also hate injustice. I cannot bear to see put upon people being treated badly and don't think it's right that councillors or MPs should get off with that in any way.

So, there I was today, sitting in the local Conservative Twonk's office, waiting until he finished a very important telephone call, so that I could again register my dissatisfaction about the street lights still being switched off, when it has already caused deaths, an increase in sexual attacks and in burglary, blah-blah-blah...

Now, to keep up appearances of not spending too much on themselves, This Twonk's office is in the south of the town, which is run down and is #3 on the list of Highest Child Poverty Levels in the U.K. And while I'm waiting, every kind of "ailing personality" went walking past: the struggling disabled; the struggling elderly; the down-at-heel mothers with their under-nourished kiddies; the uneducated; and some with obvious drink or drugs problems. And not ONE of them even glanced sideways at The Twonk's office, never mind came in to demand government DO something about their, their children's or their neighbours' plights.

Just all shuffling past, struggling on as best they could - while one of the effin Twonks that's eating them alive sits in his "office" hoping to Christ that he can make his pretend important phone call to London last long enough for me to give up and go, instead of lecture him intently for an hour to come (as usual).
Did you vote for him last time? If not who did you vote for and was it a close thing in your area?
And there was this wordless moment in my head when I suddenly KNEW: I will never do this again. Not ever. Not for anyone or anything.

Put harshly, if people can't be arsed to do something for themselves - even take a two step detour into a CONSERVATIVE MP's OFFICE and tell him what they think, so he is reminded that his job is on the line... then I can't be bothered to do if for them.

And, in that split second, it was like a shift away from - not giving a damn; I know I'll always support and join up with those who do try or do or whatever - but from those who will just take it and watch their children or grannies take it too.
What do you expect people to do?
They must like it! I don't understand their psychological "payback", but they must like it if they don't do anything to put an end to it. I understand how people can't just jump on a train or coach and go to protest in London (although, really, if it meant that much they could); but to WALK PAST one of the Twonks in-situ without as much as registering a requirement or protest.... come on, they must be getting some kind of payback from it.
What do you want people to "put an end to", what should the people be protesting against?
And after I'd made my usual blather about how this government was making a total mess of things (for which they'll send me another letter from Parliament up ahead) I walked out of his office and absolutely KNEW:

I will never, ever do this kind of thing again - not for anyone or anything, outside of my own!
It's be interesting to know a bit more about politics in your area Cantata, if you don't mind blathering a little bit more, i'm here to listen i'll tell Jeeves to put the kettle on :)
...Molti nemici molto onore...

I Had A Head-Shift Today.... 15 Aug 2013 21:08 #11

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Good on you, Cantata!
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

I Had A Head-Shift Today.... 16 Aug 2013 17:51 #12

• cantata
  • Silver Member
@ Ultimate Seeker TM,

Using the only titles that are available, I am Labour (only the old Labour, not this new Tory Labour), but even then ten steps left of it. I believe that certain things belong to ALL of us - air, water, land, seeds, movement, even the electricity that can be obtained through water, lightening and wind. I believe that the systems that put these things under our control were built by The People, paid for by The People and are maintained by The People. I would have them put back under National Ownership.

I believe that every single Human Being is an absolutely spectacular force and that the psychology of Authority is something we should be informing one another against - the "government" might today be ruled by banker/Zionist "masters" from behind, but only because we allow that. Actually, a government is meant to be comprised of a bunch of ordinary people that WE voted into power, that WE can demand do those things we voted them in for, and that WE can get out in a day if we all stand up and bother ourselves. There is no way WE can be stopped, especially when we unite and speak together. It's been done before and again.

I believe that WE need to be putting out mainstream information that truly enlightens people - yes, there are Scroungers on The Dole (although not nearly as many as is made out), but tied together with a big red bow they don't come near the Benefit Scrounging of The Royal Family and their "relatives", or the politicians who dip into government funds (same as any person on benefits) to the extend that they don't have to buy their own lunch, pay for their travel to and from work, or pay their rent and mortgages out of their salaries like any other working person. If WE allow them to.... why wouldn't they? They will carry on skinning the funds and making the cut-backs for the poor, ill, old, disabled and unemployed until WE stop them.

Ditto money spent on "overseas aid" (straight into their mate Mugabe's pocket quite often), bombs and bullets, nuclear weapons, war planes and suchlike, while schools, hospitals and roads crumble in front of us.

WE have to stop them, if only by getting together in big numbers and telling them "It's just stopped, bud".

But, no! Coronation Street is about to start (and, anyway, someone else will do it for us....).

So, left of left, I guess, but very much putting the onus of doing anything that needs to be done on THE PEOPLE, who need to remember to stick together because it's their turn next.

I Had A Head-Shift Today.... 16 Aug 2013 17:57 #13

• cantata
  • Silver Member
You've probably all seen it before, but it can never be watched and properly understood enough, imho:

Those "Big" people pushing you and yours around unto death.... aren't any bigger or more important that you at all. They're just blokes or women in certain clothes or calling themselves by certain titles. Ignore that and you'll find yourself looking at (quite often) some chinless twonk who couldn't literally fight his way out of a paper bag and would wet itself if faced with on of its victim's real anger.

They are Nobody. Let's stop falling for the superficial b/s that so many of us so readily dig into and remember it once and for all.

The Government and all its ministers is OUR SERVANT. Not we theirs.

I Had A Head-Shift Today.... 16 Aug 2013 22:13 #14

I like the fact you distinguish between the Labour Left and the Labour Right, I also share your preference for Nationalizing key industries, but why not "region"alize them now, share resources, energy, jobs and the cost between the entire EU?

Have you analyzed the political situation where you live, who competes with the Tories? Is there any party rising in popularity?

I've found Charities to be getting and working a load of good PR through this economic downturn, they're fulfilling a gap nobody else has filled.

I Had A Head-Shift Today.... 16 Aug 2013 23:58 #15

• Straight Shooter
cantata wrote:
... one of those slight movements of the Inner Self (or whatever) when you know that because of situations or circumstances, something has really changed about the Self!

I had one of these yesterday.

I Had A Head-Shift Today.... 17 Aug 2013 00:11 #16

• cantata
  • Silver Member
.......... wrote:
cantata wrote:
... one of those slight movements of the Inner Self (or whatever) when you know that because of situations or circumstances, something has really changed about the Self!

I had one of these yesterday.

How come, dots?

Ultimate Seeker TM - I'll get back to your post tomorrow when I have a bit more time. Meanwhile, I'll just very quickly report: this town (and the two nearest, almost joining) are COMPLETELY Conservative. I suspect that is much more because the Tory voters go out no matter what to "defend" their booty, and the non tories are incredibly demoralised and see no point in voting (as I said, one of the "wards" here is #3 on the Child Poverty List of the entire U.K., despite this being a so-called wealthy area. There are NO rivals. None. Not one that gives non tory people hope or motivation. Anyway, more when I have time...

:)

I Had A Head-Shift Today.... 17 Aug 2013 11:31 #17

It sounds like you live in my town :D
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare