Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe?

Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe? 18 Aug 2013 00:30 #1

• John Drake
  • Fresh Member
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Ultimate Seeker ™

Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe? 18 Aug 2013 09:29 #2

Interesting is it worth checking out this series?
...Molti nemici molto onore...

Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe? 18 Aug 2013 09:54 #3

• John Drake
  • Fresh Member
The originals yes.

Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe? 18 Aug 2013 10:43 #4

Thanks for that video should i watch that after I've finished the series will it spoil it?
I just watched Episode 1 The Arrival on watchseries.it looks worth watching.

Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe? 18 Aug 2013 17:18 #5

• John Drake
  • Fresh Member
Ultimate Seeker ™ wrote:
Thanks for that video should i watch that after I've finished the series will it spoil it?
I just watched Episode 1 The Arrival on watchseries.it looks worth watching.

The original from the 60's yes.

Don't worry nothing can spoil it ;-)

Be seeing you :-)
User(s) who Liked this post: Ultimate Seeker ™

Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe? 19 Aug 2013 15:37 #6

Hahaha Hello again, were you ever known as Smashstuff?

I've seen #6's picture around a few forums over the years :D

I watched four episodes of this so far, I don't think I've watched anything quite as good on British TV before, yes it's quite cheesy superficially but beneath the surface there are some great philosophical quandaries and mythological quests being undertaken.

The episode "free for all" where he runs for political office is interesting, I couldn't stand that episode where he escaped though and travelled through Europe in a box with an Estonian spy, why didn't he just break out of the box somewhere half way and go live off the land for a few months..why go straight to your employer when you know they are involved in your kidnap?
Can't fault it for anything else though.

Be seeing you (shit what's happening to me?)

Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe? 20 Aug 2013 15:47 #7

• John Drake
  • Fresh Member
What makes you think he knows his ex-employer is involved in his kidnap or even they are?

Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe? 20 Aug 2013 16:11 #8

Well they are the last people he spoke to, everyone keeps asking him why he resigned from his last job, plus they haven't rescued him and everyone on the Island #2's especially speak with the same accents as his employers, but maybe he'll learn to be more paranoid now that was only episode 2, they show his ex employers are working with the Island in that episode though.

Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe? 20 Aug 2013 18:22 #9

• jonb
I'm old enough to reprot I was a fan of Dangerman, and had the bubble gum cards.

But I must say the prisoner was the best climax to a series ever made in my opinion. And I am not a number but a free man!

Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe? 20 Aug 2013 18:38 #10

• John Drake
  • Fresh Member
Ultimate Seeker ™ wrote:
Well they are the last people he spoke to, everyone keeps asking him why he resigned from his last job, plus they haven't rescued him and everyone on the Island #2's especially speak with the same accents as his employers, but maybe he'll learn to be more paranoid now that was only episode 2, they show his ex employers are working with the Island in that episode though.

The reason he goes back to his ex-bosses tells us that at the time he didn't think it was his ex-employer who kidnapped him. The fact of him meeting some of his ex-bosses when he thinks he is London means little apart from it could be his ex-employer that runs the village or some of his old work chums are double agents.

Sure they keep asking why he resigned but once again this tells us little. Why could be valuable information to both sides or maybe it would be the first crack with other information following.

The order of the episodes means little too. Although most agree that Arrival and Fall Out should be first and last it makes no difference. Infact Living in Harmony was banned in America.

Its six of one and half a dozen of the other. My opinion is my own as is yours. Many books have been written and much discussion has gone on to what its all about. Was number six John Drake????????????
Last Edit: 20 Aug 2013 18:45 by John Drake.

Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe? 20 Aug 2013 18:39 #11

• John Drake
  • Fresh Member
jonb wrote:
And I am not a number but a free man!

HA HA HA HA HA

Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe? 26 Aug 2013 14:12 #12

Hammer into Anvil is my favourite episode so far :)
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare