Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Men's average height 'up 11cm since 1870s'

Men's average height 'up 11cm since 1870s' 02 Sep 2013 23:32 #21

• cantata
  • Silver Member
My fekkin link won't fekkin work again! :mad:
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Men's average height 'up 11cm since 1870s' 02 Sep 2013 23:40 #22

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Never mind. Try this one instead:

It's got fek all to do with the topic though. :D

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

User(s) who Liked this post: pheony

Men's average height 'up 11cm since 1870s' 02 Sep 2013 23:44 #23

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
:D Great song.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Men's average height 'up 11cm since 1870s' 02 Sep 2013 23:47 #24

• jonb
I followed the link excellent
|Now back to men in heels
Last Edit: 02 Sep 2013 23:48 by jonb.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, pheony, cantata

Men's average height 'up 11cm since 1870s' 02 Sep 2013 23:52 #25

• jonb
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, cantata

Men's average height 'up 11cm since 1870s' 03 Sep 2013 00:01 #26

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata, jonb

Men's average height 'up 11cm since 1870s' 03 Sep 2013 00:10 #27

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
The pen is mightier than the sword
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, cantata, jonb

Men's average height 'up 11cm since 1870s' 03 Sep 2013 00:17 #28

• cantata
  • Silver Member
diamondgeezer wrote:

And wouldn't we look just great down the local disco/club (whatever they call it nowadays).... not. :fresse:

Men's average height 'up 11cm since 1870s' 03 Sep 2013 00:21 #29

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, cantata, jonb

Men's average height 'up 11cm since 1870s' 03 Sep 2013 00:40 #30

• jonb
Seems to be story time for me tonight.
I was a punk, nazi regalia, safety pins the lot at eighteen when I was a junior messenger, and after work went into the pub next to moss bros at the end of Kings street Covent garden, it was packed not just with the normal punters, but it was also the meeting place for the sealed knot. Trying to get to the bar a girl in front of me stepped back for some reason and her needle point stiletto heal went through my shoe my big toe and into the sole of my boot. In pulling to get myself free I may have grabbed her, anyway she screamed, and the blokes in the pub saw this yob manhandling a girl hit me to the ground and gave me a good kicking, until they noticed the blood poring from my foot. And that was how I came to be beaten up by several Cavilers in full kit, floppy hats and all.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, pheony, sketti

Men's average height 'up 11cm since 1870s' 03 Sep 2013 00:43 #31

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
jonb wrote:
I was a punk, nazi regalia, safety pins the lot at eighteen when I was a junior messenger, and after work went into the pub next to moss bros at the end of Kings street Covent garden, it was packed not just with the normal punters, but it was also the meeting place for the sealed knot. Trying to get to the bar a girl in front of me stepped back for some reason and her needle point stiletto heal went through my shoe my big toe and into the sole of my boot. In pulling to get myself free I may have grabbed her, anyway she screamed, and the blokes in the pub saw this yob manhandling a girl hit me to the ground and gave me a good kicking, until they noticed the blood poring from my foot. And that was how I came to be beaten up by several Cavilers in full kit, floppy hats and all.

Aww, jonb. :hug: That must have been awful for you. :kiss:
Last Edit: 03 Sep 2013 00:45 by pheony.
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb

Men's average height 'up 11cm since 1870s' 03 Sep 2013 00:46 #32

• jonb
No, they called an ambulance and bought me a pint while waiting for it, so no harm done apart from one of my big toes is now twice the width of the other.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Men's average height 'up 11cm since 1870s' 03 Sep 2013 00:49 #33

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
jonb wrote:
No, they called an ambulance and bought me a pint while waiting for it, so no harm done apart from one of my big toes is now twice the width of the other.

Stop being so brave. :P I refuse to believe that it was anything other than awful for you. Bastards. :(

:)
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb

Men's average height 'up 11cm since 1870s' 03 Sep 2013 00:51 #34

• cantata
  • Silver Member
jonb wrote:

It is horrible that you were treated thus... and the Sealed Knot are known busterds who should never be allowed near a horse....

...but it's still kind of fu.... :zip: Terrible. Just terrible.

*I was a punk too. :hypo: 7 earrings in each ear - representing my birthdate; tattoo of Thoth around the ankle showing him as both the gods and humans saw him; belly bar; mismatching wellie boots.* :dolf:

User(s) who Liked this post: sketti, jonb

Men's average height 'up 11cm since 1870s' 03 Sep 2013 00:56 #35

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
cantata wrote:
jonb wrote:

It is horrible that you were treated thus... and the Sealed Knot are known busterds who should never be allowed near a horse....

...but it's still kind of fu.... :zip: Terrible. Just terrible.

*I was a punk too. :hypo: 7 earrings in each ear - representing my birthdate; tattoo of Thoth around the ankle showing him as both the gods and humans saw him; belly bar; mismatching wellie boots.* :dolf:

You wild child you! :worship:
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata, jonb

Men's average height 'up 11cm since 1870s' 03 Sep 2013 00:58 #36

• jonb
Sure the stiletto hurt , but then things went mad. No, it was not just that it has made a good anecdote now but even at the time looking up a few blokes kicking me, it was a joke they were dressed a cavilers, in full Charles the first clothes, wigs, floppy hats, and lace. It was that Surreal!
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, cantata

Men's average height 'up 11cm since 1870s' 03 Sep 2013 01:06 #37

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
@ jon.....ouch! Just ouch... :umm:

@ cantata....you were a punk? :rofl: Sorry, but that is NOT the image I have in my head of the young cantata.... :D
The pen is mightier than the sword
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, cantata, jonb

Men's average height 'up 11cm since 1870s' 03 Sep 2013 01:08 #38

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, cantata, jonb

Men's average height 'up 11cm since 1870s' 03 Sep 2013 01:27 #39

• cantata
  • Silver Member
diamondgeezer wrote:
@ jon.....ouch! Just ouch... :umm:

@ cantata....you were a punk? :rofl: Sorry, but that is NOT the image I have in my head of the young cantata.... :D

@ jonb - really, I am very sorry for your double sized big toe. :(

DG - you gotta be kiddin me! Back then (and still) I was always hugely anti-establishment. And punk was IT. :D There was huge unemployment at the time but, much like today, "fashion" had people very "herded" into groups to show who they "were" - hippy types who couldn't mix with the rougher Biker sorts who had to stay way from the disco-ites who didn't want to be seen with the Skins...

But so many youngsters couldn't afford the latest fashions and if you couldn't afford the latest fashions, well, you just couldn't go out and be seen or mix and meet, which youngsters so need to do.

Punk came along and blew that the fek out of the water. :D Suddenly, you went out and mixed no matter what. Want to be in a group but couldn't sing or play an instrument? Who cared! Do it anyway. Wear your Dad's shirt and your mini-skirt (out of date) and bovver boots with blue hair and black lips. It was wild. A real revolution and we had a ball with it.

And then, of course, fashion and the money-men got in on that too, and the punk clothes and music began to be stylised with the like of the "wild" Sex Pistols (yawn) and strategically slashed clothing for both men and women. Which put it firmly into the fashionista "buy to be seen" arena (think Zandra Rhodes et al - so shocking..... not! Yawns again) .

But up until then it was FAB, a total hoot and liberation. Bring it back! There's little the young of today could do to shock the punks of yesteryear. :D

Men's average height 'up 11cm since 1870s' 03 Sep 2013 01:32 #40

• cantata
  • Silver Member
jonb wrote:
Sure the stiletto hurt , but then things went mad. No, it was not just that it has made a good anecdote now but even at the time looking up a few blokes kicking me, it was a joke they were dressed a cavilers, in full Charles the first clothes, wigs, floppy hats, and lace. It was that Surreal!

Maybe it was some kind of relived past-life experience, with the "stiletto stabbing" and the cavalier attack'n'all? :conf:

Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare