Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: the law of attraction

the law of attraction 15 Oct 2013 03:47 #1

• i-baster
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I recently watched a documentary called the secret on Netflix. It was all about the law of attraction. For those of you unfamiliar with the law of attraction it is basically a way of drawing things to you. The theory is that you visualize your goal or a dream house or whatever and you feel it as if you already have it and this will make it become reality.

I am not sure if anybody here believes in this or whatever but it does makes a lot of sense and is backed by a degree of science.

I told my dad about it and he mentioned the Rosicrusians. I remembered seeing the word in a book during the documentary intro but they never really mentioned anymore about it. I thought it was interesting and I am going to try it myself. I am curious to learn more though.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

the law of attraction 15 Oct 2013 04:08 #2

• novum
  • Platinum Member
A counter argument? :chuckle:

He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1

the law of attraction 15 Oct 2013 13:20 #3

I've been re-reading DIcke's early classics, he states the LOA is the fundamental reason behind the problems of the world, people attract oppression and manipulation, fascism, the persecutions of the Jews etcetera apparently we attract such things, but he also criticises the LOA for being merely "thought based" his system being that you have to manifest these thoughts in the physical world, i'd say thought should influence action, Icke mystifies this saying you need to feed your mental energies into your magnetic shell channel them into the universal consciousness generator or something to that effect..
I suppose begging is an example of channelling your mental energies into your physical shell to attract the things you need:

Apparently the people's voice has become a sort of slot machine that produces change depending on how much money you put into it.
...Molti nemici molto onore...
Last Edit: 15 Oct 2013 13:25 by Ultimate Seeker ™.

the law of attraction 15 Oct 2013 15:19 #4

• jonb
This idea is used in sales, by getting the person to concentrate on the objective, they are less inclined to look around themselves and see the costs of what they are going for. I want a nice house, I can see the nice house I do not notice how I have stepped on you. Basically it is just a nice way of wrapping up the concept; 'I will get what I want and fuck you if you get in the way'.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

the law of attraction 17 Oct 2013 00:11 #5

• cantata
  • Silver Member
I've read a good few of these LOA books because, it has to be said, it is a WONDERFULLY seductive idea: you are god-like, able to change behaviour and creation with your all powerful mind at a sub-atomic level in order for what you want to come into your possession. *sighs whistfully*.

As well, they are written in "power language" that is as convinced as it turns out to be convincing - certainly, for as long as you are reading the stuff you will find yourself BELIEVING it and stirred into mighty action.... or mighty thinking, anyway.

And then you find out that it doesn't work (which is why everyone goes out and gets a job to get money to get what they want) and by then you've driven yourself half-bonkers trying to "creatively visualise" and gawp at your Dream Board and....

:roll:
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare