Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: E-cigarette revolution: They're taking over, causing friction - and sparking terrorist alerts

E-cigarette revolution: They're taking over, causing friction - and sparking terrorist alerts 09 Dec 2013 23:55 #1

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive

All new behaviours raise complex questions of etiquette. The sudden ubiquity of e-cigarettes – electronic substitutes for the cancer sticks of old – is challenging our assumptions about where it is appropriate to "smoke". More than a million people are using them in the UK and, according to Bloomberg, on present trends they will outsell conventional cigarettes by 2047. So is it OK to "fire up" in an office? In a restaurant? In a hospital bed?

Heathrow has just opened the world's first airport "vaping" zone, sponsored by a manufacturer of the devices, in the Terminal 4 international departure lounge. It stressed that all forms of smoking remained forbidden elsewhere – but the move underscored the need for clarity on the matter. Is "vaping" smoking? Or not? Airlines aren't keen on the practice, not for health reasons but because they fear it could trigger disputes between passengers. Yet there is no law preventing it. One e-cigarette manufacturer, Vapestick, has gone as far as publishing guidance on how to get away with vaping during flights (the vapour is unlikely to set off the smoke alarm in the toilet).

www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/no-smoke-without-ire-the-ecigarette-revolution-8994118.html
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Worzel, silent revolution

E-cigarette revolution: They're taking over, causing friction - and sparking terrorist alerts 10 Dec 2013 22:04 #2

I really don't see the point in those e-ciggies. Nicotine is a lame drug unless taken in large hits and I like burning vegetable matter, breathing it in and breathing it out. If I wanted to stop smoking I would just stop smoking completely. I think those e-cigs could be cool if used to vape cannabis or dmt. I doubt cannabis oil / honey oil wouldn't be noticable if vaped in an e-cig in front of a police officer as it's doesn't really smell like cannabis.

Peace, love, harmony and wisdom friend:)
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony

E-cigarette revolution: They're taking over, causing friction - and sparking terrorist alerts 11 Dec 2013 16:13 #3

• Worzel
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Love mine, stopped a life long smoking habit with zero effort.
Many very noticeable health improvements - only regret not doing it a lot sooner.
:hookah
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare