Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Do you post on news sites too?

Do you post on news sites too? 15 Dec 2013 21:55 #1

• Paul Tootall
  • Fresh Member
  • Currently researching things they don't want you to know
I ask this, as I have found some websites to be very insular. I myself, in my time recovering over the past 7 years, in between research to keep my brain active, have taken to post on yahoo news, a lot. By a lot, I mean every day, across many stories, pushing out the truth day in, day out, correcting the lies, ignoring the thumbs down, and the muppet replies, just replying to show them up with their stupidity, or ignoring the blatant shills with a choice remark.

Talking amongst ourselves is all well and good, and I enjoy bouncing ideas and debate with people more informed and well researched. But, unless we keep telling others, guiding them to the truth, we will loose. Heck, I speak to anyone and everyone... to the point my kids cringe... I guess I come from a different age, a one where we used to speak to strangers and offer assistance when we saw people having trouble, and talking to them, but thats me, I can't walk on by or not say "Morning" to someone I am passing, or chat in a queue.

So I guess I am asking, what does everyone else do. Do you keep yourself insular, or do you get out on mainstream news sites, fighting the good fight, not because you can, but becasue you know it is right. Do you help people without been asked, like helping that mum with 3 kids at the checkouts do her bag packing because you can see she's struggling, or do you just stand idly by, and watch people struggle and are waiting for the world to burn to say "I told you so" ?
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, pheony, cantata, .........., Worzel, thetruthcollector

Do you post on news sites too? 15 Dec 2013 22:08 #2

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Yes, I often comment in mainstream news sites. Especially the Daily Mail. :D More often than not people agree with what I say, so I don't think that they are quite as ignorant, as we might like to think they are.

You get quiet a few comments from DIFers on there as well.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata, Paul Tootall

Do you post on news sites too? 15 Dec 2013 22:28 #3

• jonb
I suppose I must be a bit insular, in that this forum is in my mind my home so I only tend to post here now.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, ..........

Do you post on news sites too? 15 Dec 2013 22:29 #4

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
jonb wrote:
I suppose I must be a bit insular, in that this forum is in my mind my home so I only tend to post here now.

:hug:
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb

Do you post on news sites too? 15 Dec 2013 22:34 #5

• novum
  • Platinum Member
I try say things irl to people about government and how it serves corporations and the richest on the planet and so on when i can, if it comes up or there is a segue opportunity or whatever. :hahano:

I have no shame :hahano: so i dont care what people think of me (that ship has long since sailed), more people agree lately than used to, many are still just like , umm okay buddy, whatever :umm: Many people still think their 'guy' is on their side or whatever ofc, whichever side they happen to barrack for and line up to vote for. Yeah right. :roll:

News sites in Australia? Nah, too controlled, and murdoch owns most of the main ones that are online, and you have to subscribe to reach alot of the pages now and i dont bother. Ive written some pretty tame responses/comments in the past and they just werent published, so i stopped bothering... it seemed alot more controlled than UK comments for example, i know because i was posting on DIF at the time and could see the difference, i knew people there were commenting on the UK sites and id read the UK articles.

You are right about crossing over though PT and not just talking amongst ourselves.
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, cantata, .........., Paul Tootall

Do you post on news sites too? 16 Dec 2013 00:17 #6

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
I find that many people in real life don't want to think or talk about how things really are.

They might go on down the pub about what a twat Cameron is etc, but when it comes down to the real stuff...just how bad things really are, no. It invades their comfort zone.

People like the illusion of democracy, they want to believe that they still have a real say in what goes on. Tell them they don't actually have any real say or control at all any more, and they don't like it.
The pen is mightier than the sword
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata, spectero

Do you post on news sites too? 16 Dec 2013 00:26 #7

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Or, DG, they DO know they have no say or control in things and when you tell them "truths", they shrug and say, "But there's nothing we can do".

Demoralisation is worse than apathy.

I don't post anywhere other than here.
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer

Do you post on news sites too? 16 Dec 2013 00:36 #8

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
I can sometimes literally see the shutters coming down in peoples eyes when I start up on 'conspiracy' stuff in the pub.

They'de rather discuss Manchester United or whatever. :roll:

Doesn't stop me doing it though. :D
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Do you post on news sites too? 16 Dec 2013 01:08 #9

• Straight Shooter
diamondgeezer wrote:
I can sometimes literally see the shutters coming down in peoples eyes when I start up on 'conspiracy' stuff in the pub.

DG you can't go right into the conspiracy stuff...

Do you post on news sites too? 16 Dec 2013 01:17 #10

• Straight Shooter
I find it very easy talking about this stuff in real life with everyday people in society...

It all starts like this...(how i lead in and throw the bait)

When people complain about the economy and the debt or any other economic problems i just say to them don't worry the USA is rich and we have plenty of extra money with a smile on my face. Obviously people look at me crazy and say what are you talking about our country is in a recession. From there i say no we have billions of extra dollars to spend on war everyday for the last 10 years. It shuts people the fuck up and will put you in a position where they will need to listen to what you have to say. Now if i lived in the UK and heard people talking about Britain's economic problems obviously the first thing i would say is what do you expect living under the rule of a Monarchy who lives in Castles, wears gold crowns and has a royal sceptre with the largest diamond on earth.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, spectero, Paul Tootall

Do you post on news sites too? 16 Dec 2013 01:19 #11

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
.......... wrote:
diamondgeezer wrote:

DG you can't go right into the conspiracy stuff...

I don't just go up to strangers and start ranting away about 9/11 you know. :D

I'm talking about people I've known for years, and I've been mentioning this type of stuff to them for a while now, and I've directed them to info online etc, but seriously they don't want to know.

It's ''David Icke? He's that goalkeeper that lost the plot on Wogan isn't he?'', or ''9/11....of course it was terrorists...don't you watch the news''.

That kind of thing.

Do you post on news sites too? 16 Dec 2013 01:26 #12

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Well, to be honest DG - there's "conspiracy theories" (which I find most people will sort of listen to) and mentioning David Icke.... which, let's face it, most people think of as "that nutter off Wogan". And it's turning out they might not be wrong.....
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier

Do you post on news sites too? 16 Dec 2013 01:40 #13

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
True cantata....''That nutter off Wogan'' is one I've heard a few times myself.... :D

Still though, I remember one time when I suggested that 9/11 might have been something that the msm are saying it wasn't etc, and that what you are being told on the BBC is bullshit, I got a round of laughter.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Do you post on news sites too? 16 Dec 2013 10:09 #14

• Paul Tootall
  • Fresh Member
  • Currently researching things they don't want you to know
diamondgeezer wrote:
True cantata....''That nutter off Wogan'' is one I've heard a few times myself.... :D

Still though, I remember one time when I suggested that 9/11 might have been something that the msm are saying it wasn't etc, and that what you are being told on the BBC is bullshit, I got a round of laughter.

On the 9/11 one of my favourite off the cuff sort of comments is, "Oh, yes, there was 17 Saudi Arabians in that lot wasn't there, wonder why we attacked Afganistan and Iraq?"

Do you post on news sites too? 18 Dec 2013 01:16 #15

• syxx
  • Fresh Member
Not posting as much on news sites as I used to. Censorship, registration requirements and my tracking-blocker ad-ons make signing in too inconvenient.

I do manage to get a few comments in in public. Though they are not always appreciated or even acknowledged.
Like in the market (for loo roll) and looking at green beans to compare the type and cost there and the farmer's market.
Hmm, I see some from Egypt and some from Kenya. :conf:
So when the Islington housewifie-type ventures near and begins to warble about not finding shallots... I casually say, fancy that! Beans from Kenya! I wonder if farm-worker people in Kenya can afford to buy these to feed their families?
Of course, she does an abrupt right, taffeta linings swishing, and barrels away down the aisle, as if she'd been splattered with something hot and distasteful.
Mission successful. People always remember scary things that leap out at them from unexpected places. There's a good chance that she might opt for some British beans next time or stop buying them altogether, you never know.

Do you post on news sites too? 17 Jun 2016 03:11 #16

• novum
  • Platinum Member
:bump:
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352

Do you post on news sites too? 17 Jun 2016 05:25 #17

• Flare
Got banned on the forum where I came from and on a news site where I posted for telling the truth in this mad world.

However, we've got Dance99Vv on board here now. He's moderator back on that forum, but couldn't help me getting banned,
as it were the administrators banning me. One big trollfest over there by the way... people going crazy about even hints of the
truth, let alone the full truth.
User(s) who Liked this post: Orangeaid

Do you post on news sites too? 17 Jun 2016 09:16 #18

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
It's not the truth you tell, it's how you tell it. Nobody wants to hear how they are hopelessly entrapped slaves of a system that has existed since before history was recorded, so of course they are going to switch off if you bombard them with such negative information.

Do you post on news sites too? 17 Jun 2016 12:08 #19

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
Flare wrote:
Got banned on the forum where I came from and on a news site where I posted for telling the truth in this mad world.

However, we've got Dance99Vv on board here now. He's moderator back on that forum, but couldn't help me getting banned,
as it were the administrators banning me. One big trollfest over there by the way... people going crazy about even hints of the
truth, let alone the full truth.

I'll always remember Oracle / Tinyint saying "the Jews never know when to stop. It'll be their downfall. It always is."

He's correct. I find I'm having open conversations about "the truth" with colleagues friends and acquaintances on a regular basis. So many know things aren't right (given, the people I'm referring to are all university educated) but the knowledge of the truth is out there. I'm just helping to fill in their gaps.

I find nowadays that people show their own stupidity by using the term "conspiracy theory" as they are only indicating they are brainwashed and have no clue.

Do you post on news sites too? 17 Jun 2016 12:12 #20

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
Is it only not stupid when you use the term?