Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What is Wrong With Our Culture...

What is Wrong With Our Culture... 17 Dec 2013 13:33 #1

• Straight Shooter
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, Hexhammer, cantata, jonb

What is Wrong With Our Culture... 17 Dec 2013 13:43 #2

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
Ironic isn't it? To watch a video like this, listen to what the voice says... On a flickering screen in my home, after rushing back here to real life from my four hours a day, nine euro slavery.
"I've often felt that dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask."
-Agent Fox Mulder
Last Edit: 17 Dec 2013 13:44 by Hexhammer.
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, cantata

What is Wrong With Our Culture... 17 Dec 2013 20:29 #3

• Paul Tootall
  • Fresh Member
  • Currently researching things they don't want you to know
I have been coming down off my material addiction for some time now. I still have lots of "Stuff", but haven't added to it for a long long time, the odd thing here and there, but almost zero from what I used to be like.

When you come to see the "stuff" you are told is important as nothing more than crud you come to a real awakening.

You still get "thinks" like a computer if yours breaks, and clothes as you need them, I am not that extreme is getting rid of stuff, but I find that my compulsion to "buy" anything just because has gone, and that, to me, is great.

Now just need to get the kids to understand this to.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata, jonb

What is Wrong With Our Culture... 17 Dec 2013 23:23 #4

• jonb
When you find out how to solve that conundrum, please inform me asap.
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony

What is Wrong With Our Culture... 18 Dec 2013 01:22 #5

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
I found out the best way to do it.

Don't just give them money on demand, or put plates of food in front of them whilst they sit in front of the computer all day and night etc.

They have to learn for themselves how the world is, and if you don't teach them that as a parent then you are doing them a massive disservice.

My son just the other day came home for christmas after his first term at uni in a different city, first time away from home for him, having to (sort of) manage for himself properly, and the difference in him is amazing. :cool:
The pen is mightier than the sword
Last Edit: 18 Dec 2013 01:24 by diamondgeezer.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, pheony, cantata, syxx, Paul Tootall

What is Wrong With Our Culture... 18 Dec 2013 01:56 #6

• syxx
  • Fresh Member
diamondgeezer wrote:
Don't just give them money on demand, or put plates of food in front of them whilst they sit in front of the computer all day and night etc.
They have to learn for themselves how the world is, and if you don't teach them that as a parent then you are doing them a massive disservice.
My son just the other day came home for christmas after his first term at uni in a different city, first time away from home for him, having to (sort of) manage for himself properly, and the difference in him is amazing. :cool:

Well done, DG! And tho' not mine, still proud of yours.
It's an investment of time, effort and patience, especially patience. but it pays off grandly.
I went through the battles for a while during the very early teentimes when everything was a skirmish. Learned quickly to barter more freedoms for more responsibility, but was mindful that each was earned, acknowledged, and praised.
And similarly, on the first return from that initial plunge into the real world, the change was astounding. The icing was that he thanked me for positioning him to learn some personal responsibility, coz in the finish he was having an easier time than some of his mates.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, cantata

What is Wrong With Our Culture... 18 Dec 2013 04:43 #7

• Straight Shooter
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, Hexhammer, miacat, Paul Tootall

What is Wrong With Our Culture... 18 Dec 2013 08:41 #8

• Paul Tootall
  • Fresh Member
  • Currently researching things they don't want you to know
diamondgeezer wrote:

It's not that they sit in front of computers, it's the incessant want want want off them at times. Luckily one of them is not much like this, but the other two are very selfish. Todays culture seems to breed selfishness unfortunately.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer

What is Wrong With Our Culture... 18 Dec 2013 11:55 #9

• jonb
I am incredibly selfish, all my motivations are selfish,with me it is I want, I want, I want.
I want, to live in a less dog eat dog society, because it would be so much more pleasant.
I want, the wild places to not be destroyed because just hearing about the ones that I will never even visit makes me happy.
I want to leave a better world than the one I came into, because it is programmed into my DNA to try to make life easier for those that follow me.

The problem is not selfishness it is short term thinking.
I want it now, and I won't think about the debt I will have to pay back tomorrow.
However brilliant a chess master is they don't win with one single move, what makes a chess master is the ability to think ahead.
Last Edit: 18 Dec 2013 11:56 by jonb.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, cantata