Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: the truth and the truth about it`s lies....honest.

the truth and the truth about it`s lies....honest. 18 Apr 2014 08:08 #1

• i-baster
  • Voluntarily Inactive
This is either going to turn into a rant or just a sinking stone. Perhaps it will be enjoyed to some degree by one person so for you, whoever you might be, here it goes.

I have discussed the topics of "conspiracy" in their many forms on numerous platforms and forums. This has been over a fair number of years now. I have written what i considered at the time to be epic arguments for or against certain theories. I might have even called myself a truther at one point with no hint of an ironic tone.

So what has changed?

Have I changed? Perhaps. Have they "gotten to me"? I don`t think so. I grew up perhaps. Did I sell out? No I don`t think so. Do I not believe conspiracies are real?
Yes and No. It is hard to say but that is my point so I shall try.

I guess at a younger age I was much more skeptical of pretty much all things, especially authority. I think. It is of course possible to get into conspiracy history and look at very credibly proven conspiracies that were 100% real. The problem is however, in my humble opinion, that when you get into that channel you can easily be just like those "sheeple" that you claim to have woken up from.

I still question things like and wonder about many things but I am less likely to believe a conspiracy simply because it offers a different explanation to the mainstream. The mainstream source is not of course holy and unquestionable by any stretch but that does not mean that the alternative is always true or even close to it.

I am trying to keep this general so I am not trying to get into any particular conspiracy. I am simply trying to explain my outlook and approach. I find the desire to explain this with examples but don`t want to get into discussion of one individual conspiracy theory.

I have in the past been accused of bullying or discouraging of such speculation because I have called certain conspiracy theories ridiculous or disrespectful. I guess if my lone voice telling you how I feel is capable of bullying an entire forum then I have to say sorry that was and is never the intention. On the other hand I just feel that to jump to conclusions and use what I call "connecting the dots research" is rather like starting from the wrong end of the book or something. I am not sure if that is the analogy I mean. Hang on I do not proof read or edit this shit.

If you think of any story in the news.....

*goes to bing to find random news story* (other search engines are available but i like bing)

So we have Chelsea Clinton is pregnant. Now you can turn that into a conspiracy with all kinds of "facts" or theories but maybe it is simply that she had sex and is now going to have a human non reptilian baby. If there were actual facts that revealed she were having such a demon spawn that would be one thing but simply suggesting it along with a blurry picture of Chelsea Clinton kind of looking unusually reptilian is not really science now is it? If you show me a photo of her as a full reptilian goddess I would probably be skeptical of it too and not because I am asleep but because I am skeptical of you just as much as I am of the evil mainstream.

I guess the big difference is that I studied media at college for a time and learned about journalism etc and so I know the problems with the industry. They are usually financially and politically motivated which is a much more boring and earthly conspiracy than the ones that sell books and web news ads.

I have always believed in aliens (there I said it). However I do have to agree with the scientific approach of Bill Nye and Neil De Grasse Tyson. Blurry or even clear photos and eye witness accounts do not prove anything. Those ancient painting don`t either.

So I slipped up and mentioned actual stuff but please don`t turn this into a topic within the general topic. I get the impression that people posting here are mostly a little bit older than say 30. More mature than many sites so I think we should be more sensible about our theories. At least stick to actual verifiable facts. You know having facebook I see how quickly people will blindly accept a fact written into a meme without any sort of checking on it.

We have all this information at our fingertips but that can be as bad as having no access. We assume it is true simply because it came from google (or bing or ....). I am not saying we are all stupid or blindly following but I think as a society(online) we do tend to take information for granted. We are told a figure and we accept it because it is easier than learning the subject in question and maybe seeing context or explanation for a figure. Maybe there is more to that meme.

I don`t want to go on and on and on but I just did so please offer your input.

thanks.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Chuck Random

the truth and the truth about it`s lies....honest. 18 Apr 2014 10:14 #2

• Chuck Random
  • Voluntarily Inactive
i-baster wrote:
I still question things like and wonder about many things but I am less likely to believe a conspiracy simply because it offers a different explanation to the mainstream. The mainstream source is not of course holy and unquestionable by any stretch but that does not mean that the alternative is always true or even close to it.

That I think is the trap the so-called 'truth movement' routinely falls into.
No War But The Class War

the truth and the truth about it`s lies....honest. 18 Apr 2014 10:32 #3

• i-baster
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Indeed. It feeds on mistrust of government/mainstream media. It is a trap.

the truth and the truth about it`s lies....honest. 18 Apr 2014 11:08 #4

• Chuck Random
  • Voluntarily Inactive
i-baster wrote:
Indeed. It feeds on mistrust of government/mainstream media. .

While simultaneously heavily relying on it, regularly citing it and often blindly believing it.
No War But The Class War

the truth and the truth about it`s lies....honest. 18 Apr 2014 11:10 #5

• i-baster
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Exactly. Here is video from the real news which can not be trusted and here is our take on this video which is of course reliable video even though its source can not be trusted.

Having said that though I really would like to see a stronger alternative press come out of the alternative. Maybe more of a return to real journalism that relies on facts rather than misleading titles just to sell ad space.
Last Edit: 18 Apr 2014 11:11 by i-baster.

the truth and the truth about it`s lies....honest. 18 Apr 2014 12:00 #6

• Chuck Random
  • Voluntarily Inactive
i-baster wrote:
Exactly. Here is video from the real news which can not be trusted and here is our take on this video which is of course reliable video even though its source can not be trusted.

Having said that though I really would like to see a stronger alternative press come out of the alternative. Maybe more of a return to real journalism that relies on facts rather than misleading titles just to sell ad space.

I also think that the MSM is not simply 'evil' and there are many factors such as media companies simply not paying for proper investigative journalism and publishing press releases as news, Real journalism takes time, effort, commitment and generally money.

I also think that people fail to reflect on the cultural backdrop in which media exists. The pre-existing worldview of journalists is what lies beneath their interpretation of events and frames what they prioritise as worth investigation. However, this would lead us into evil cultural Marxist territory.
No War But The Class War
User(s) who Liked this post: i-baster