Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Do only fools believe in Karma?

Do only fools believe in Karma? 04 Jul 2014 13:37 #1

• Straight Shooter
How can anyone believe in Karma when innocent kids get killed everyday who never did anything to earn bad Karma.

Explain that to me.....
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Do only fools believe in Karma? 04 Jul 2014 14:12 #2

• miacat
  • Fresh Member
  • Rural Retreat
Some will say that they became victims due to bad past life karma.

But like many things, it's the idea of karma that appeals. ;)
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, ..........

Do only fools believe in Karma? 04 Jul 2014 18:49 #3

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
  • Government is simply a conspiracy against a nation!
.......... wrote:
How can anyone believe in Karma when innocent kids get killed everyday who never did anything to earn bad Karma.

Explain that to me.....

You would also have to look at it from only one side because what sort of person would knowingly kill another person let alone a child? Those people are racking up the bad Karma which they will pay for down the line. Someone/thing has to be the victim of bad Karma and they don't necessarily have to have done anything to bring it upon themselves.

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James
User(s) who Liked this post: miacat

Do only fools believe in Karma? 04 Jul 2014 20:32 #4

• Straight Shooter
Frog wrote:
.......... wrote:

Explain that to me.....

You would also have to look at it from only one side because what sort of person would knowingly kill another person let alone a child? Those people are racking up the bad Karma which they will pay for down the line. Someone/thing has to be the victim of bad Karma and they don't necessarily have to have done anything to bring it upon themselves.

I had a friend get shot multiple times in his back this week by 3 kids that were age 14-15 and he died in the hospital yesterday.

It was a robbery and i assume he tried to run so they shot him. He didn't deserve it.

I have no idea if bad Karma will be placed on the kids that killed him.
User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik

Do only fools believe in Karma? 04 Jul 2014 20:37 #5

• Straight Shooter
Anyone that lived on this earth who hunt killed and ate an animal then lived their life and died of natural causes has no Karma.

Because if they did have Karma an animal would have hunt killed and ate them.

Do only fools believe in Karma? 04 Jul 2014 23:27 #6

• novum
  • Platinum Member
I dont believe in karma.
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352

Do only fools believe in Karma? 05 Jul 2014 00:01 #7

• Straight Shooter
novum wrote:
I dont believe in karma.

That's because you have a rare combination of Realism & Intellectualism.& Practicality

And you should take pride in that because most people only have 1 or 2 of those 3 important traits.

Do only fools believe in Karma? 05 Jul 2014 01:13 #8

• novum
  • Platinum Member
.......... wrote:
novum wrote:
I dont believe in karma.

That's because you have a rare combination of Realism & Intellectualism.& Practicality

And you should take pride in that because most people only have 1 or 2 of those 3 important traits.

And they wanted me to ban this guy. :chuckle: :nono:
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

User(s) who Liked this post: ..........

Do only fools believe in Karma? 05 Jul 2014 02:13 #9

• Straight Shooter
Novum lets keep it real here for a second about Karma.

Years of post on DIF would prove the point i'm about to make to be true....

Some intelligent people in the truth community somehow think Karma will deal with the worlds injustice from TPTB.

It's the most naive notion i have maybe ever heard of in my life.

Billionaire bankers and warmongers are living full lives of leisure and vacation then dying old leaving their kids wealth.

These are undeniable facts that are hard to swallow for the underclass....

Meanwhile poor people in 3rd world country's like are getting bombs dropped on their heads.

Try explaining Karma to some innocent Palestinian kid who got his arms and legs blown.

That's why only a fool believes in Karma, there will be no forms of justice via divine intervention.

The truth hurts people....it's hurts real bad....
User(s) who Liked this post: novum

Do only fools believe in Karma? 05 Jul 2014 02:23 #10

• novum
  • Platinum Member
I agree with all of that and think it in my head, i just didnt type it out.

Its perhaps easier for people to deal with reality if they think karma will serve some justice.

But like i said, i think karma doesnt exist, and as for justice, it depends where you are in the pyramid as to whether you are accountable to it or not.

Human actions can result in reactions of course, so yes some people who do bad unto others get it coming back, but it doesnt happen to everyone, especially the more powerul... and people reacting to people doing bad stuff and giving it back to them isnt karma, its revenge, payback, taking matters into their own hands, making things happen... its something different.

1365 = 1

Do only fools believe in Karma? 05 Jul 2014 02:36 #11

• Straight Shooter
novum wrote:
I agree with all of that and think it in my head, i just didnt type it out.

Its perhaps easier for people to deal with reality if they think karma will serve some justice.

But like i said, i think karma doesnt exist, and as for justice, it depends where you are in the pyramid as to whether you are accountable to it or not.

Human actions can result in reactions of course, so yes some people who do bad unto others get it coming back, but it doesnt happen to everyone, especially the more powerul... and people reacting to people doing bad stuff and giving it back to them isnt karma, its revenge, payback, taking matters into their own hands, making things happen... its something different.

:herite:

Do only fools believe in Karma? 05 Jul 2014 08:30 #12

• wolfy
  • Silver Member
The idea of "karma" is just the eastern persuasion of hell.

The idea, just like the idea of hell, keeps people trapped in their minds. It gives people the false idea of punishment, basically, it keeps people fearful and full of guilt. People who believe in either of these false ideas, are constantly plagued with the idea that they are not good enough and they are either going to burn in hell for their sins, because we have all sinned, or they are going to be born into an everlasting cycle of rebirth, until we become good enough to exit the cycle.

Both ideas are false, once we realise this, we are free from the burden of guilt, which all religions saddle us with.

The idea that a child dies of cancer because of previous sins in a former life is the most ludicrous idea I have ever heard.

people lap it up though like a badge of honour.
It was always going to happen!!
Last Edit: 05 Jul 2014 09:01 by wolfy.

Do only fools believe in Karma? 05 Jul 2014 08:53 #13

• novum
  • Platinum Member
wolfy wrote:

The idea, just like the idea of hell, keeps people trapped in their minds. It gives people the false idea of punishment

:agri:

1365 = 1

Do only fools believe in Karma? 05 Jul 2014 11:37 #14

wolfy wrote:

The idea, just like the idea of hell, keeps people trapped in their minds. It gives people the false idea of punishment, basically, it keeps people fearful and full of guilt. People who believe in either of these false ideas, are constantly plagued with the idea that they are not good enough and they are either going to burn in hell for their sins, because we have all sinned, or they are going to be born into an everlasting cycle of rebirth, until we become good enough to exit the cycle.

Both ideas are false, once we realise this, we are free from the burden of guilt, which all religions saddle us with.

The idea that a child dies of cancer because of previous sins in a former life is the most ludicrous idea I have ever heard.

:thumbup:

Correct Wolfy
User(s) who Liked this post: .........., wolfy

Do only fools believe in Karma? 05 Jul 2014 14:40 #15

• Straight Shooter
wolfy wrote:

I remember there was a huge thread a year or so ago about this on DIF.

And the point you made got the same response wolfy.

So every time innocent kids die people just assume it's because of previous sins in a former life.

What type of God do these people believe in that would allow some shit like that?

:facepalm:

Do only fools believe in Karma? 06 Jul 2014 22:45 #16

• peacenik
  • Immortal
.......... wrote:
Frog wrote:
.......... wrote:

Explain that to me.....

Really sorry to hear about that!!

I had a friend get shot multiple times in his back this week by 3 kids that were age 14-15 and he died in the hospital yesterday.

It was a robbery and i assume he tried to run so they shot him. He didn't deserve it.

I have no idea if bad Karma will be placed on the kids that killed him.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu

Do only fools believe in Karma? 06 Jul 2014 23:06 #17

I personally do not believe in Karma...........however, I believe that what you choose to believe is true for you. So, if you live life based on the principles of Karma, then those rules apply to you in a very real way.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

Do only fools believe in Karma? 06 Jul 2014 23:45 #18

• peacenik
  • Immortal
The word,"karma" like the words, "reincarnation" and "spirit" or "soul", are words with ambiguous meanings. We are forced to use these words for lack of better words, even though these words don't accurately describe what you are trying to convey . These words have the connotation of there being, some kind of big hand in the sky, mysteriously determining the destiny of those below, w/o our knowledge or approval.

Yes, I believe in "karma" (for lack of a better word) because we live in a cause and effect universe. But what's behind this law of cause and effect is the being who, creates, causes, postulates, something into existence, then perceives, receives, experiences, what he has created. Think of it as two different flows or vectors. to CREATE, CAUSE, is to put something out there, away from you. To PERCEIVE or to be the EFFECT of what has been created is a flow or direction toward yourself.

So, what we have is a being who creates something, then is the effect of his creation. This is the highest order of things. No matter if you are talking about a Supreme Being, or if you are talking about MAN, it's all the same, none are exempt from this law. All you can do, and all you will ever do, is cause and be the effect of that cause.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 07 Jul 2014 21:08 by peacenik.

Do only fools believe in Karma? 07 Jul 2014 00:19 #19

• peacenik
  • Immortal
wolfy wrote:

Though I can appreciate what you are saying wolfy,

We all to some degree or another helped to create this world we live in. Thus, we are responsible for it. It makes no sense to me that we can just "die" one day, and somehow be exempt form what we created? It's far more sensible to me that we should have to reap what we have sown? There is a corresponding responsibility connected to our beingness.

The burden of guilt is not always due to religiousness extremism. The burden of guilt is most often self imposed according to one's personal moral and ethics code. No two people experience guilt on the same subject with the same magnitude. E.g., I may feel guilty because I did not do everything possible to help my father on his death bed, whereas a sibling might not feel any guilt at all.
Last Edit: 07 Jul 2014 21:10 by peacenik.
User(s) who Liked this post: Frog

Do only fools believe in Karma? 22 Jul 2014 02:51 #20

• Straight Shooter
peacenik wrote:
. It makes no sense to me that we can just "die" one day, and somehow be exempt form what we created? It's far more sensible to me that we should have to reap what we have sown? There is a corresponding responsibility connected to our beingness..[/color]

Does life always make sense?