Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hanukkah Maccabees

Hanukkah Maccabees 04 Dec 2014 15:14 #1

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Orangeaid wrote:

I did not know where to post this, so I start a new thread.

Hanukkah marks the defeat of Seleucid Empire forces that had tried to prevent the people of Israel from practicing Judaism. Judah Maccabee and his brothers destroyed overwhelming forces, and rededicated the Temple in Jerusalem.

Judah Maccabee (or Judas Maccabeus, also spelled Machabeus, or Maccabaeus, Hebrew: יהודה המכבי, Y'hudhah HaMakabi) was a Kohen and a son of the Jewish priest Mattathias. He led the Maccabean revolt against the Seleucid Empire (167–160 BCE) and is acclaimed as one of the greatest warriors in Jewish history alongside Joshua, Gideon, and David.

The Jewish feast of Hanukkah ("Dedication") commemorates the restoration of Jewish worship at the temple in Jerusalem in 164 BCE, after Judah Maccabee removed the Hellenistic statuary.

The Maccabean Revolt was a conflict, lasting from 167 to 160 BC, between a Judean rebel group known as the Maccabees and the Seleucid Empire. In the narrative of I Maccabees, after Antiochus issued his decrees forbidding Jewish religious practice, a rural Jewish priest from Modiin, Mattathias the Hasmonean, sparked the revolt against the Seleucid Empire by refusing to worship the Greek gods. Mattathias killed a Hellenistic Jew who stepped forward to offer a sacrifice to an idol in Mattathias' place. He and his five sons fled to the wilderness of Judah. After Mattathias' death about one year later in 166 BC, his son Judah Maccabee led an army of Jewish dissidents to victory over the Seleucid dynasty in guerrilla warfare, which at first was directed against Hellenized Jews, of whom there were many. The Maccabees destroyed pagan altars in the villages, circumcised boys and forced Jews into outlawry.[1] The term Maccabees as used to describe the Jewish army is taken from the Hebrew word for "hammer".[2]

The revolt itself involved many battles, in which the Maccabean forces gained notoriety among the Seleucid army for their use of guerrilla tactics. After the victory, the Maccabees entered Jerusalem in triumph and ritually cleansed the Temple, reestablishing traditional Jewish worship there and installing Jonathan Maccabee as high priest. A large Seleucid army was sent to quash the revolt, but returned to Syria on the death of Antiochus IV. Its commander Lysias, preoccupied with internal Seleucid affairs, agreed to a political compromise that restored religious freedom.

Woman with seven sons or 'Mother Courage'
(Redirected from Holy Seven Maccabees)

The woman with seven sons was a Jewish martyr described in 2 Maccabees 7 and other sources. Although unnamed in 2 Maccabees, she is known variously as Hannah,[1] Miriam,[2] and Solomonia.[3]

Although they are not the same as the Hasmonean rulers called Maccabees, the woman and her sons, along with the Eleazar described in 2 Maccabees 6, are known as the "Holy Machabees" or "Holy Maccabean Martyrs" in the Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church.

The woman with seven sons is remembered with high regard for her religious steadfastness, teaching her sons to keep to their faith, even if it meant execution. The Maccabees story reflects a theme of the book, that "the strength of the Jews lies in the fulfillment of the practical mitzvot".

Maccabees Shrine

What is believed to be the Maccabees' relics - kept in the Maccabees Shrine - is venerated in St. Andrew Church, Cologne, Germany.

Very strange that English wikipedia does not mention the MACCABEES SHRINE with a single word:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Andrew%27s_Church,_Cologne
so you might want to go to the German site instead
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Andreas_%28K%C3%B6ln%29#Makkab.C3.A4erschrein

More Pictures:
commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Maccabees_Shrine_%28Cologne%29
commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Interior_of_St._Andreas_%28K%C3%B6ln%29

Sources:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_holidays#Hanukkah.E2.80.94Festival_of_Lights
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanukkah
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_Maccabeus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maccabean_Revolt
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woman_with_seven_sons#Holy_Maccabean_Martyrs

More Information:
History of Iran - Seleucid Empire www.iranchamber.com/history/seleucids/seleucids.php
Seleucid Genealogy www.seleucid-genealogy.com
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 04 Dec 2014 15:23 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy, Orangeaid, Seaic

Hanukkah Maccabees 05 Dec 2014 09:01 #2

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
It's a "celebration" of Jewish racial exclusivity. Phenomenal really when Jews inflict multiculturalism on the West to destroy European society and to make them feel more at home as a small minority in a melting pot of others.
Also called the Feast of the Machabees and Feast of Lights (Josephus and Talmudic writings), mentioned in the Old Testament (1 Maccabees 4:56), and in the New (John 10:22). It was instituted by Judas Machabeus (164 B.C.) to be celebrated yearly on the 25th day of the month Kislew and during its octave, in commemoration of the purification of the temple of Jerusalem which had been polluted by Antiochus Epiphanes on that day three years previously (1 Maccabees 4:41-64; 2 Maccabees 6:2). Unlike the great Hebrew annual feasts, it could be celebrated not only in the temple at Jerusalem, but also in the synagogues of all places. It was observed with manifestations of joy such as accompanied the Feast of Tabernacles, during the celebration of which the dedication of the first temple had taken place. During the celebration of the feast mourning and fasting were not allowed to begin. The Jews assembled in the temple and synagogues bearing branches of trees and palms and singing psalms; the Hallel (Psalms 113-118) being sung every day. The joyful character of the feast was also manifested by illuminations, which may have been suggested by the "lighting of the lamps of the candlestick" when the temple service was first restored (1 Maccabees 4:50-51), or, according to very early Midrashim, by the miraculous burning throughout the first celebration of the feast of a vial of oil found in the temple. Since the first century a general illumination of Hebrew houses has been customary, every house having at least one light, and some, according to the school of the rabbis, having one light for each person in the house on the first night and twice the number on each succeeding night; others again, having eight lights the first night and a lesser number each night thereafter. Modern Hebrews keep the feast on 12 December, with strictness, but do not forbid servile work. At the daily morning prayer a different portion of Numbers 7 is read in the Synagogue.
www.newadvent.org/cathen/04673b.htm
Last Edit: 05 Dec 2014 09:02 by Orangeaid.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy, PFIZIPFEI

Hanukkah Maccabees 05 Dec 2014 10:30 #3

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Does anybody else have the notion, that the MACCA BEES worshipped in Cologne are in fact others than the Catholics are told?

:wissl:

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

Hanukkah Maccabees 05 Dec 2014 10:34 #4

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
Maccabees are a "priestly family of Jews".

Hanukkah Maccabees 05 Dec 2014 21:32 #5

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Yes, that is what they tell us - and that those MACCA BEES in the golden shrine in COLOGNE are others than those who are worshipped as heroes by the Jews - especially on "Hanukkah". But I doubt it. All of it.

:dunno:

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

Hanukkah Maccabees 05 Dec 2014 21:41 #6

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
Jewish propaganda at its finest!
In many ways the story of Chanukah is the story of how one man and one family can make all the difference in the world for an entire people. It was the inspiration of Mattisyahu, the leadership of Judah Maccabee and the stubborn tenacity of the dedicated Jews that literally saved the Jewish people and the Jewish way of life.

As a Jew, don't ever think that you can't make a difference.
www.torah.org/features/holydays/judahmaccabee.html
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

Hanukkah Maccabees 05 Dec 2014 22:22 #7

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
I think they might have succeeded in making Catholic Christians unknowingly adore their "Hanukkah" MACCA BEES in their churches!

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

Hanukkah Maccabees 05 Dec 2014 22:34 #8

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
I've never seen or heard of a shrine to the Maccabees in a Catholic Church ... and I've been into dozens and dozens, from St Peters, the Duomos in Milan and Florence, the Brompton Oratory in London through to small churches in rural Brazil to northern Australia.

I have never seen any shrine to anything Jewish and never heard it even discussed.

I will make sure I go to mass next week and listen out for any reference to Hanukkah. Masses for the week are generally compiled from the Archdiocese office, so the same mass is given across all parishes in the Archdiocese, which where i live is hundreds.
Last Edit: 05 Dec 2014 22:35 by Orangeaid.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy

Hanukkah Maccabees 06 Dec 2014 15:35 #9

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

What is believed to be the Maccabees' relics - including those of their mother -> SALOME - kept in the - according to tradition - 16th century Maccabees Shrine - is venerated in St. Andrew Church, Cologne, Germany.

The woman with seven sons was a Jewish martyr described in 2 Maccabees 7 and other sources. Although unnamed in 2 Maccabees, she is known variously as Hannah,[1] Miriam,[2] and Solomonia.

From before the time of the Tridentine Calendar, the Holy Maccabees had a commemoration in the Roman Rite liturgy within the feast of Saint Peter in Chains. This commemoration remained within the weekday liturgy when in 1960 Pope John XXIII suppressed this particular feast of Saint Peter. Nine years later, 1 August became the feast of Saint Alphonsus Maria de' Liguori and the mention of the Maccabee martyrs was omitted from the General Roman Calendar, since in its 1969 revision it no longer admitted commemorations.[16] Since they are among the saints and martyrs recognized in the Roman Martyrology,[17] they may be venerated by all Catholics everywhere.

According to Eastern Orthodox tradition, the sons are called Abim, Antonius, Gurias, Eleazar, Eusebonus, Alimus and Marcellus,[3] though the names differ slightly among different authorities.[18]

The three Ethiopian books of Meqabyan (canonical in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, but distinct works from the other four books of Maccabees) refer to an unrelated group of "Maccabean Martyrs," five brothers including 'Abya, Seela, and Fentos, sons of a Benjamite named Maccabeus, who were captured and martyred for leading a guerilla war against Antiochus Epiphanes.[19]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woman_with_seven_sons#Holy_Maccabean_Martyrs
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Andreas_%28K%C3%B6ln%29#Makkab.C3.A4erschrein
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salome_%28disambiguation%29 <- SALOME

Further Reading: THE WAR OF THE JEWS

by Titus Flavius Josephus aka Joseph ben (son of) Mathijahu

Mattathias the Hasmonean, sparked the revolt against the Seleucid Empire by refusing to worship the Greek gods. Mattathias killed a Hellenistic Jew who stepped forward to offer a sacrifice to an idol in Mattathias' place.
Judah Maccabee (or Judas Maccabeus, also spelled Machabeus, or Maccabaeus, Hebrew: יהודה המכבי, Y'hudhah HaMakabi) was a Kohen and a son of the Jewish priest Mattathias.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_Maccabeus

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 06 Dec 2014 16:13 by PFIZIPFEI.

Hanukkah Maccabees 07 Dec 2014 14:18 #10

• Cinta
  • Never Again
  • ''None are more hopelessly enslaved,than those who falsely believe they are free
As far as I know only Catholic christians have an addition to the
normal Bible called The Vulgate.
Books of the Maccabeess is included in the Vulgate.

''This is the Latin Bible, or 'Vulgate'.
Translated from the Hebrew and Aramaic by Jerome between 382 and 405 CE,
this text became knowns as the 'versio vulgata', which means 'common translation''

''The collection and order of the books which make up this version of the Bible differs
slightly from the ones in the King James Version, it includes several of the Apocrypha.

''The Vulgate was the standard version of the Bible for Roman Catholics for over one and a half millenia.
Since Latin was only studied by priests and scholars, the vast majority of people could not read or
understand the Vulgate, even though they would hear passages from it every time they went to church.''

Until 1450, when Gutenberg printed this text, copies were also very rare and expensive.
During the Protestant reformation in the 14th and 15th centuries, the Bible was finally translated into
modern languages, against great resistance from the Church.
Finally in the mid-20th Century, the Roman Catholic church abandoned the use of Latin for liturgy.
However, this remains one of the most historically important Latin texts.''

The Latin text presented here and in the Polyglot Bible is based on the text of the 1598 Vulgate, which
was used as the standard text of the Vulgate until 1979.
It is derived from data files created by the Clementine Vulgate Project ''
www.sacred-texts.com/bib/vul/

''The Biblical apocrypha (from the Greek ἀπόκρυφος, apókruphos, meaning "hidden")
denotes the collection of ancient books found, in some editions of the Bible,

in a separate section between the Old and New Testaments[1] or as an appendix after the
New Testament.[2] Although the term apocrypha had been in use since the 5th century, it was in
Luther's Bible of 1534 that the Apocrypha was first published as a separate intertestamental section.[3]
Luther was making a polemical point about the canonicity of these books. As an authority for this division,
he cited St. Jerome, who in the early 5th century distinguished the Hebrew and Greek Old Testaments,[4]
stating that books not found in the Hebrew were not received as canonical.
Although his statement was controversial in his day,[5] Jerome was later titled a Doctor of the Church
and his authority was also cited in the Anglican statement in 1571 of the Thirty-Nine Articles.[6]''

''Catholic and Orthodox Christians regard as fully canonical most of these books called Apocrypha,
and their canonicity was explicitly affirmed at the Council of Trent in 1546[10] and Synod of Jerusalem
(1672) respectively. They are called deuterocanonical by Catholics and anagignoskomena by the Orthodox.''
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_apocrypha

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulgate
www.unboundscriptures.com/arguments-of-the-latin-vulgate-only-view/
This kind of disgusting and disrespectful behaviour is condoned here

ORANGEAID verbal abuse

''Cinta is a whore.
I don't change one word I've said.''

truth-zone.net/forum/members-area/67105-open-up-the-clarity-zone-to-all-tz-members-we-need-transparency-and-not-secrecy.html?start=80#209733

Hanukkah Maccabees 07 Dec 2014 21:59 #11

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
The most common "Catholic" Bible is the Douay Rheims bible.

The Latin Vulgate was the basis to avoid the twisting of words and passages by the Protestant Reformation.
The Douay–Rheims Bible (pronounced/ˌduːeɪ/ or /ˌdaʊ.eɪ ˈriːmz/[1]) (also known as the Rheims–Douai Bible or Douai Bible, and abbreviated as D–R and DV) is a translation of the Bible from the Latin Vulgate into English made by members of the English College, Douai, in the service of the Catholic Church.[2] The New Testament portion was published in Reims, France, in 1582, in one volume with extensive commentary and notes. The Old Testament portion was published in two volumes thirty years later by the University of Douai. The first volume, covering Genesis through Job, was published in 1609; the second, covering Psalms to 2 Machabees plus the apocrypha of the Clementine Vulgate was published in 1610. Marginal notes took up the bulk of the volumes and had a strong polemical andpatristic character. They offered insights on issues of translation, and on the Hebrew andGreek source texts of the Vulgate.

The purpose of the version, both the text and notes, was to uphold Catholic tradition in the face of the Protestant Reformation which up till then had overwhelmingly dominatedElizabethan religion and academic debate. As such it was an impressive effort by English Catholics to support the Counter-Reformation. The New Testament was reprinted in 1600, 1621 and 1633. The Old Testament volumes were reprinted in 1635 but neither thereafter for another hundred years. In 1589, William Fulke collated the complete Rheims text and notes in parallel columns with those of the Bishops' Bible. This work sold widely in England, being re-issued in three further editions to 1633. It was predominantly through Fulke's editions that the Rheims New Testament came to exercise a significant influence on the development of 17th century English.[3]
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douay%E2%80%93Rheims_Bible
Last Edit: 07 Dec 2014 22:03 by Orangeaid.

Hanukkah Maccabees 08 Dec 2014 15:26 #12

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

Jewish tradition

Antiochus IV ruled the Jews from 175 to 164 BC. He is remembered as a major villain and persecutor in the Jewish traditions associated with Hanukkah, including the books of Maccabees and the "Scroll of Antiochus". Rabbinical sources refer to him as הרשע harasha ("the wicked"). He has been identified as the "eleventh horn of the beast" in the Book of Daniel (chapters 7 to 12).

Um seine Herrschaft in Jerusalem zu stabilisieren, gründete Antiochos inmitten der Stadtmauern eine griechische Polis, verbot den Jahwekult und ließ den Tempel zu einer Kultstätte des Zeus umweihen. Damit aber provozierte er 166 v. Chr. den Aufstand der Hebräer unter dem Hasmonäer Mattatias, der langfristig zur Unabhängigkeit der Provinz Koilesyrien (Judäa, Galiläa, Samarien; heute Palästina und Israel) und zur Bildung eines unabhängigen jüdischen Staates unter den Nachkommen des Mattatias führte.

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiochos_IV.#Leben

German wikipedia states:

Antiochos IV. Epiphanes prohibited the Cult of JaHWeH and thus provoked the riot of the Hebrews under Mattathias, which, in the long run, led to the independence of the province of Coele-Syria (Judea, Galilee, Samaria; today Palestine and Israel) under the progeny of Mattathias.

The First and Second Book of Maccabees painted the Maccabean Revolt as a national resistance to a foreign political and cultural oppression. Modern scholars argue that the king was intervening in a civil war between the traditionalist Jews in the country and the Hellenized Jews in Jerusalem.[8][9][10] According to Joseph P. Schultz:

Modern scholarship on the other hand considers the Maccabean revolt
less as an uprising against foreign oppression than as a civil war
between the orthodox and reformist parties in the Jewish camp
[11]

It seems that the traditionalists, with Hebrew/Aramaic names like Onias, contested with the Hellenizers with Greek names like Jason and Menelaus over who would be the High Priest.[12] Other authors point to possible socio/economic motives in addition to the religious motives behind the civil war.[13]

What began in many respects as a civil war escalated when the Hellenistic kingdom of Syria sided with the Hellenizing Jews in their conflict with the traditionalists.[14] As the conflict escalated, Antiochus took the side of the Hellenizers by prohibiting the religious practices that the traditionalists had rallied around. This may explain why the king, in a total departure from Seleucid practice in all other places and times, banned the traditional religion of a whole people.[15]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiochus_IV_Epiphanes

What do we really know about the Cult of JaHWeH?
Why did Greek Antiochos IV Epiphanes see the need to prohibit it?
Are you also starting to smell a rat?

Do your own studies, if you please.

The First Book of the Maccabees
E st-takla.org/pub_Deuterocanon/Deuterocanon-Apocrypha_El-Asfar_El-Kanoneya_El-Tanya__8-First-of-Maccabees.html
D www.uibk.ac.at/theol/leseraum/bibel/1makk1.html

The Second Book of the Maccabees
E www.livius.org/maa-mam/maccabees/2macc01.html
D www.uibk.ac.at/theol/leseraum/bibel/2makk1.html

The Third Book of the Maccabees
E en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_Maccabees (did not find the full text)
D de.wikisource.org/wiki/Das_dritte_Buch_der_Makkabäer

The Fourth Book of the Maccabees
E quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/r/rsv/rsv-idx?type=DIV1&byte=4496061
D de.wikisource.org/wiki/Das_vierte_Buch_der_Makkab%C3%A4er

E en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Books_of_the_Maccabees
D de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makkab%C3%A4erb%C3%BCcher

E Jewish Encyclopedia
jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/10237-maccabees-books-of#57

D Bibelwissenschaft
www.bibelwissenschaft.de/wibilex/das-bibellexikon/lexikon/sachwort/anzeigen/details/makkabaeerbuecher-1-4-3/ch/2246dd5ac70810f36dbd826cf31958d6/

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 08 Dec 2014 16:56 by PFIZIPFEI.

Hanukkah Maccabees 08 Dec 2014 18:19 #13

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
And the king sent letters by the hands of messengers to Jerusalem, and to all the cities of Juda: that they should follow the law of the nations of the earth,

And should forbid holocausts and sacrifices, and atonements to be made in the temple of God. (add.: = YaHWeH)

And should prohibit the sabbath, and the festival days (add.: dedicated to YaHWeH), to be celebrated.

And he commanded the holy places (add.: cult of YaHWeH) to be profaned, and the holy people of Israel.

And he commanded altars to be built, and temples, and idols, and swine's flesh to be immolated, and unclean (add.: according to YaHWeH) beasts.

And that they should leave their children uncircumcised, and let their souls be defiled with all uncleannesses, and abominations, to the end that they should forget the law (add.: of YaHWeH), and should change all the justifications of God. (add.: = YaHWeH)

And that whosoever would not do according to the word of king Antiochus should be put to death.

1 Macc 1

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 08 Dec 2014 19:10 by PFIZIPFEI.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy

Hanukkah Maccabees 10 Dec 2014 12:11 #14

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
How paranoid are the Jews? They must see Swastikas everywhere!!!

Hallmark pulls Hanukkah wrapping paper covered in swastikas

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Hallmark Cards Inc. has removed blue and silver gift wrap from circulation after a customer complained that she saw a swastika embedded in the design.

The Kansas City, Missouri-based company alerted retailers to the problem Monday after receiving a complaint Sunday night from a Walgreen’s customer in Northridge, California. The disputed wrap was featured in a Hanukkah display but Hallmark spokeswoman Julie Elliott says the gift wrap wasn’t intended for the Jewish holiday.

The Kansas City Star reports the gift wrap was distributed by Walgreen’s, which is no longer selling it.

Elliott said in a news release that Hallmark didn’t intend to offend anyone.

She said it was an oversight that no one at Hallmark noticed that intersecting lines in the paper could be seen as a swastika pattern.
nypost.com/2014/12/09/hallmark-pulls-hanukkah-wrapping-paper-covered-in-swastika/
Last Edit: 10 Dec 2014 12:11 by Orangeaid.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

Hanukkah Maccabees 10 Dec 2014 19:27 #15

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Maybe it's the Greek style meander/meandros that they don't like? ;) :chuckle:

Basic Original Form (Grundform) according to de.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A4ander_%28Ornamentik%29
Diese Seite wurde zuletzt am 19. November 2014 um 14:24 Uhr geändert. (scroll down)

Chanukah in 2014 will start on Wednesday, the 17th of December and will continue for 8 days until Wednesday, the 24th of December.

Video by Jews for Jesus

Video description:

In the telling of the Hanukkah story, things get a little messed up as Kosher Joe's Nemesis hacks into his email to write back to one of KJ's fans.

Much more than the "Jewish alternative" to Christmas, Hanukkah, which means "dedication", recalls a dark time in the history of our Jewish people, and our miraculous deliverance from that darkness. This eight-day holiday commemorates the victory of the Maccabees over the army of Antiochus Epiphanes, a time when God preserved and protected his people through the heroic act of a small band of Jewish guerilla fighters. For Jewish people, it's a time to light the menorah (also called a hanukkiah), give gifts, sing songs and feel proud that we were able to stand up to our enemies. For Jewish believers in Jesus, the "festival of lights" or festival of dedication, reminds us of the deliverance we have is through "the Light of the world."

Short intermezzo before I will go on exposing the Maccabee lie.

:)

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 10 Dec 2014 20:56 by PFIZIPFEI.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy, Orangeaid

Hanukkah Maccabees 17 Dec 2014 13:16 #16

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
And the king sent letters by the hands of messengers to Jerusalem, and to all the cities of Juda: that they should follow the law of the nations of the earth,

And should forbid holocausts and sacrifices, and atonements to be made in the temple of God. (add.: = YaHWeH)

And should prohibit the sabbath, and the festival days (add.: dedicated to YaHWeH), to be celebrated.

And he commanded the holy places (add.: cult of YaHWeH) to be profaned, and the holy people of Israel.

And he commanded altars to be built, and temples, and idols, and swine's flesh to be immolated, and unclean (add.: according to YaHWeH) beasts.

And that they should leave their children uncircumcised, and let their souls be defiled with all uncleannesses, and abominations, to the end that they should forget the law (add.: of YaHWeH), and should change all the justifications of God. (add.: = YaHWeH)

And that whosoever would not do according to the word of king Antiochus should be put to death.

1 Macc 1

Now the women that circumcised their children, were slain according to the commandment of king Antiochus.

And they hanged the children about their necks in all their houses: and those that had circumcised them, they put to death.

1 Macc 1

And Mathathias and his friends (add.: guerilla) went round about, and they threw down the altars:

And they circumcised all the children whom they found in the confines of Israel that were uncircumcised: and they did valiantly.

And they pursued after the children of pride, and the work prospered in their hands:

And they recovered the law out of the hands of the nations, and out of the hands of the kings: and they yielded not the horn to the sinner.

1 Macc 2

Appears to have been some kind of anti-pork-pro-genital-mutilation revolution ...

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

Hanukkah Maccabees 17 Dec 2014 15:48 #17

• Mr Cappy
  • Capricornus
PISSPEA wrote:
Appears to have been some kind of anti-pork-pro-genital-mutilation revolution ...

I told you to stop shoving those hot dogs up your nunny.
The opprobrium of striving for a future that never comes.
Last Edit: 17 Dec 2014 15:49 by Mr Cappy.
User(s) who Liked this post: entrangermercenary1

Hanukkah Maccabees 17 Dec 2014 17:16 #18

Mr Happy wrote:
PISSPEA wrote:

I told you to stop shoving those hot dogs up your nunny.
Bratwurst :umm:

Hanukkah Maccabees 20 Dec 2014 16:28 #19

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
According to the scriptures, as seen above, the main reason for the Maccabees guerilla war was circumcision being prohibited by Greek Antiochos IV Epiphanes who also wanted them to follow the law of the nations of the earth.

Now all over the world huge Hanukkah Menorahs get erected, to remind Jew and Gentile of the victorious Maccabees.

www.nprberlin.de/post/german-menorah-proves-jewish-life-thrives-where-jackboots-once-trod
www.chabad.org/news/article_cdo/aid/2800709/jewish/Thousands-in-Wintry-Berlin-Show-for-Menorah-Lighting-at-Brandenburg-Gate.htm
www.jpost.com/Diaspora/PHOTO-GALLERY-Jews-dignitaries-worldwide-mark-third-night-of-Hanukkah-385241
www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/menorahs-are-lit-worldwide-as-hanukkah-begins/article22112154/

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 20 Dec 2014 17:45 by PFIZIPFEI.

Hanukkah Maccabees 23 Dec 2014 23:32 #20

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
The MACCABEES were "Jewish freedom fighters" states this Cologne website :coolio:

www.cityinfo-koeln.de/php/basilika_st_andreas,2914,865.html

This is one of the MACCABEES windows at St Andrew (see first comments above, MACCABEE'S SHRINE)
in Cologne by Markus Lüpertz

MORE PICTURES

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
  • Page:
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare