Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Demonisation of ' Paganism '

The Demonisation of ' Paganism ' 31 Jan 2015 13:44 #1

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
There are several threads here on this or that's origin is "pagan", as if this was something especially evil or demonic,
and quite a few members recurrently point out that this or that symbolism is "pagan" with a clear negative, not to say "satanic" undertone.

I really don't understand why "paganism" needs to be vilified - mainly because it comprises such a wide range of cultural and sociological aspects, but also why those members obviously try to use it as a defamation tool. This is why it caught my attention and thus I would like to know your opinions and please share your knowledge, as I did no special or deeper research on this topic yet.

I'll start with a quote, which I think is quite worthy to serve as opener for the discussion:

The philosopher Emmanuel Lévinas has also expressed his faith in the virtues of rootlessness and nomadism. For him, the greatest backwardness, undoubtedly, was represented by the pagan civilizations of antiquity:Paganism,” he writes, is the local spirit: a cruel and pitiless nationalism. A forest humanity, a pre-human humanity.” Certainly all that is unworthy of the genius of the Bedouins of the desert: “It is on the arid ground of the desert where nothing is fixed, where the true spirit descended in a text to achieve itself universally. . . . The faith in the liberation of man can only be a shock to sedentary civilizations, crumbling away the heavy layers of the past. . . . It is necessary to be underdeveloped to take up their cause and fight on their behalf for a place in the modern world” (Difficile liberté, p. 299).

truth-zone.net/forum/secret-societies-and-powerful-families/65184-the-religious-origins-of-globalism.html#150425

So what do you think is 'paganism' ?

"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 31 Jan 2015 13:50 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy

The Demonisation of ' Paganism ' 31 Jan 2015 13:56 #2

• novum
  • Platinum Member
PFIZIPFEI wrote:

Wheres druid when you need him! www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224645

(you wont hear that phrase often btw, but michael christopher said the same thing to me once funnily enough :norty: )
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Last Edit: 31 Jan 2015 13:59 by novum.

The Demonisation of ' Paganism ' 31 Jan 2015 14:05 #3

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
novum wrote:
PFIZIPFEI wrote:

(you wont hear that phrase often btw, but michael christopher said the same thing to me once funnily enough :norty: )

What was your dif pit name in this thread, if this is the way you might want to reveal your personal thoughts on this subject.

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 31 Jan 2015 14:05 by PFIZIPFEI.

The Demonisation of ' Paganism ' 31 Jan 2015 14:11 #4

• novum
  • Platinum Member
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
What was your dif pit name in this thread, if this is the way you might want to reveal your personal thoughts on this subject.

I wasnt in that thread, and i dont know squat about this subject really, well compared to others.. hence calling out druid to tell us more as he'll be lurking here sometime soon!

I think he might actually agree with you pfiz re. paganism being demonised. :P
1365 = 1

The Demonisation of ' Paganism ' 31 Jan 2015 14:17 #5

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
He is the typical example of someone who hides his true intentions behind a MASK of paganism,
to smear real cultural paganism - a typical crypto.

Others impersonate fanatical Christians, raging Muslims or Holowood "Nazis".... always with one intent only:
SMEAR the true groups and the true beliefs/ideologies.

He is clearly DEMONISING paganism with all of his existence.

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 31 Jan 2015 14:23 by PFIZIPFEI.

The Demonisation of ' Paganism ' 31 Jan 2015 14:24 #6

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Just when i thought i had found you guys some common ground....

:sulk:
1365 = 1

The Demonisation of ' Paganism ' 01 Feb 2015 01:01 #7

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • You have the Right NOT to Vote! = for EVIL!
So what do you think is 'paganism'

People having lots of different idols.

And some of these idols in different groups must had requirements of animal sacrifices for some reasons.
(Not sure if they sacrificed humans too; in some groups to there idols?) >>>
Here we go not to bad if they did not place you on the next list; or if you pulled the short match
I think all these images are lies ....... what you all think... only propaganda created by the mad ones?
Idolizing pagan religions wouldn't do these things with moons & goddesses being part of there leading figures in many groups.

No problem appears clear most so called Religions must had started of from nature idolized object selections as long they did not sacrificed to much blood to some of there idols things must had been fine & harmonious expose.

Then expose the Egyptians had there great ideas for some new god idea changes.

Then someone said ....... you should not make yourself any idols from anything on Earth.

Expose they had some bad experience having so many different idols & it was time for change?
Or some Kings posing as gods started to get a bit jealous that people looking after other things more than themselves believing they should be the center attraction instead of other idols.
Or some had a different global NWR agenda in mind expecting all to idolized there own created ideas of idols!
(& the Judean/Hebrew/Jewish idea was born.)

Then it was time to create there greatest loved Number ONE paper idolized God:
Still going strong these days....... business & profits are better then ever.

Then the all known created Organizations placed there foot into things by saying:
By contrast, non-Pagan religions, such as Judaism, Christianity and Islam, often abhor the very idea of female divinity. The (then) Anglican Bishop of London even said a few years ago that religions with goddesses were ‘degenerate’!

So where are all the females blowing the trumpets?? ..... Or are they right with there historical conclusion?? :wissl:

Well & now they all fighting each other after dumping most of there original idols which one has the better or best looking leftover idol.

And where we go from here........... what will be next?
A ......... right they thinking now; its time to kiss the Jewish created g-d's ring........

Lets go back to the beginning & have another go at paganism would be the way out.

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 01 Feb 2015 02:30 by Mario.

The Demonisation of ' Paganism ' 01 Feb 2015 16:41 #8

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
So you think ' paganism ' is mainly about having lots of different idols, mario?
I don't think so. At least this is not my perception of ' paganism ' at this time, but I got the feeling since long
that in the Anglo-American world people have a completely different notion of 'paganism' than native Europeans.

Blood sacrifices are always related to satanism, absolutely!
No matter whether the adepts are aware of that fact or ignorantly carry out instructions.

From Novum's dif pit link:

It seems the main issue is alot of ignorance as to what Paganism is.

Wicca, Druidism, Thelema, Asatru, Hellenic, Gwyddonic,

and many more.

Also you can also be a pagan by making up your own practices and faiths, and call it Thirdwavism if you wanted to...

The word pagan means "of the country", and pretty much means the worship of selected Gods AND Goddesses.. as opposed to just one God.

the word can also basically mean nature.

It very much promotes the feminine aspect purely because it has been the most oppressed aspect over the years. This is why during times where Emperors and Kings could have their wives killed if they fancied a change, Its no suppose Female magicians and sorcerers were burnt alive.

So for a start when people make out that Pagans are some kind of anti Christ "Satanists", I cant see how that works as their view on Satanists is that they are at war with there Monotheistic Religion, and claim power through their Monotheistic faith in Satan... So to then call out Pagans with the same brush does not even make sense.

Also with such a wide variety of Pagans how can you address them all through the actions of corrupt elites from thousands of years ago, who done things in the name of "Paganism"?

These very same powers also went on to place Christianity as the authority of religion, doing what many say as corrupted Christianity.

One of the main goals of Pagans though is to find there spiritual goal and place, to let their true being be.... and its collective. So the idea of a Pagan preventing another from this does not compliment their own belief.

This comment by thirdwave sounds quite sane to me, although I must admit, that I quite dislike the thought that I rather agree with this otherwise vile person in this respect.

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
User(s) who Liked this post: Asva

The Demonisation of ' Paganism ' - Modern Paganism in the Holy Land 06 Feb 2015 14:29 #9

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
With this very interesting article I started to understand, from where the DEMONISATION appears to derive its origin:

Paganism returns to the Holy Land

Pagans in Israel usually keep beliefs, gatherings secret due to Jewish sensitivity to idol worship.

Like many other soldiers who took part in the Gaza operation, Omer, 20, occasionally took a few moments to pray, but he did not pray to the Lord of Israel. Omer considers himself pagan, and has sworn allegiance to three ancient gods. During combat, he says they appeared before him, giving him strength during the most arduous moments.

Omer is still in the army, and therefore refused to be interviewed for this story. Yet he did say he belongs to a religion whose goal is to revive worship of ancient gods.

In an online Hebrew-language paganism forum, Omer's accounts of his Gaza experience are standard fare. Another user recalled how he prayed to Anat, the Canaanite god of war, while serving in an elite combat unit.

The two soldiers are part of a tiny community of pagans that has developed in Israel. Influenced by movements in the United States and Europe, followers believe in multiple gods.

"Modern paganism is comprised of a wide variety of religions and faiths, most of which are based on ancient pagan rituals," said Rinat Korbet, a Bar-Ilan University researcher who wrote her thesis on the pagan community in Israel based on its online presence.

"People seek to take the essence of ancient paganism and suit it to our time period. Many of the followers have home altars where they can express their belief in nature and the gods. All the people I interviewed also took part in ceremonies and community rituals, in environments conducive to the spirit of paganism."

Korbet will present her research at the First Israeli Conference for the Study of Contemporary Spiritualities which opens tomorrow at the University of Haifa.

Due to Jewish sensitivity to idol worship, which is perceived as a sin, most Israeli pagans reveal their beliefs only to those who share them. They usually keep religious gatherings, such as the "holiday of equality" (Vernal equinox) on March 21st, secret.

Alon Kobets, 29, a neo-paganist from Rehovot, is one of the few who decided "to come out of the closet."

"Some people live in fear, but I'm past hiding my faith," he said. "Some guys live with religious families. They can't tell their parents, 'I don't believe in Judaism, I'm a pagan.' They'd chop off their heads."

Several years ago, Kobets took an interest in Wicca, a neo-pagan religion founded 50 years ago in England. Wicca calls for worshiping nature and an ancient goddess. Kobets abandoned Wicca upon enlisting in the IDF, but enthusiastically re-embraced it after completing his army service.

Now he runs the Wicca Israel Web site, one of the local pagan community's most widely visited and important sites. He estimates that there are 150 Israeli pagans.

"It finds expression in the rituals, like in all religions, but also in the world view that divinity is here. A person, a cat or a car - all of these things are life on some plain," he said.

"In a country like ours, which naturally has interreligious tension, being a pagan is not easy," Korbet said. "Worshiping other gods is something very sensitive in Judaism. We all were educated [to think] this is intolerable and illogical."

Contradiction to Judaism

Kobets says neo-paganism is a pluralistic religion, and every follower sets his own worship method. Nonetheless, the pagans interviewed for this article agreed their faith runs counter to Judaism, and added that they do not consider themselves Jewish.

"Judaism is a religion, it's something imposed and artificial," said Samuel, who runs a paganism forum on the Web portal Tapuz.

"I don't consider myself a Jew, but I do consider myself Israeli," he said.

Kobets agrees. "There is a problem with Judaism. Judaism contradicts paganism. Judaism has only one god, and if you do not believe in him, you will be driven off with stones."

How does one choose which gods to worship?

"Every individual picks himself a pantheon. There are many options," said Samuel, 31, who works as a jewelry designer.

"Nobody invents new gods," Kobets said. "People read mythology and try to make contact with and talk to some god or goddess."

Because the main sources of neo-paganist religions are England and the U.S., some Israeli worshipers pray to Nordic or Celtic gods. Others seek to revive the worship of ancient Canaanite gods who were fought by biblical prophets.

"As part of the interest in local traditions, there is a focus on Canaanite gods and traditions that existed here," Kobets said. "People are interested in it, but from what I gather I don't believe this is the dominant theme. I've seen more people who believe in Celtic Druidism, Shamanism and Indian religions."

Korbet wrote her thesis in the department of information science at Bar-Ilan University, under the supervision of Dr. Dan Bouchnik. She analyzed Web sites and forums used by pagans, and their philosophy regarding the Internet.

"Ancient paganism took place largely in nature, forests and villages," she said. "Modern paganism can take place in urban settings, and it can be more symbolic. If worship was once done in physical, holy places, now the Internet is being used as a virtual, spiritual venue. Neo-paganist believers have no qualms about using the Internet, though they prefer practicing their rituals in the real world. Advanced religious knowledge is something they would prefer not to divulge on the Web, and usually they will not invite someone to take part in a ritual exclusively online."

Korbet will be one of dozens of lecturers at the spirituality conference. Conference organizer Dr. Marianna Ruah-Midbar said there have been a wealth of studies on New Age topics in recent years.

"Some phenomena were not studied only marginally, if at all, for years, and now they are of central interest to academe," she said. "This conference is the first multi-disciplinary meeting of researchers who specialize in Judaism, law, medicine, sociology, film and more."

Ruah-Midbar believes paganism has a bright future in Israeli culture.

"At the moment paganism is not a large-scale practice here, but I believe it has very big potential," she said. "Pagan religions are the fastest growing religions in the West, and it could succeed here too, because Hebrewism and Zionism could connect to paganism due to the emphasis on land and Hebrew holidays. Paganism is a close, unusual parallel of more common practices, like environmentalism or traveling to the East. In practice, it really is not very different."

Source: www.haaretz.com/print-edition/features/paganism-returns-to-the-holy-land-1.272627

Semitic - Levantine Neopaganism: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semitic_neopaganism

Canaanism: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canaanism

Woman tried for witchcraft in Israel: www.topix.com/forum/who/c-s-lewis/TAEV8M9FV2S414LM1

Hail and welcome Witches, Pagans, Wiccans and Heathens to the Witchvox home page for Israel! www.witchvox.com/vn/hm/ilxx.html

Modern Paganism in the Holy Land: www.academia.edu/7827487/Modern_Paganism_in_the_Holy_Land_Maintaining_a_Community-Building_Discourse_among_Israeli_Pagans_2011-2013

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 06 Feb 2015 14:53 by PFIZIPFEI.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy

The Demonisation of ' Paganism ' - Modern Paganism in the Holy Land 12 Nov 2015 12:07 #10

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
After some months of keeping this subject at the back of my mind
and sporadical research, I came to the conclusion that those who
demonise "paganism", e.g. the likes of zax, wiikkidd, Cinta et al.,
do not condemn all variations of "paganism", which in fact is nothing
but cultural tradition and the theological description of a state of not
having been converted to Christianity, but mainly Celtic, Nordic and
Germanic
paganism only.

I can't remember having heard or read those diabolisers condemn African,
Asian or any other historic manifestation of (pre-) historic cultural "paganism".

In my understanding this clearly points to the true reasons and origins
behind this typical smear campaign.

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 12 Nov 2015 12:12 by PFIZIPFEI.

The Demonisation of ' Paganism ' 12 Nov 2015 12:24 #11

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
Blood sacrifices are always related to satanism, absolutely!

The Aztecs were making human blood sacrifices long before they'd ever even heard of any silly Middle East devils or evil spirits, and they were hardcore pagans.
“It is on the arid ground of the desert where nothing is fixed, where the true spirit descended in a text to achieve itself universally. .

If you believe that sort of thing.
Last Edit: 12 Nov 2015 12:28 by ragnarok.

The Demonisation of ' Paganism ' 12 Nov 2015 14:51 #12

novum wrote:
PFIZIPFEI wrote:

I got banned from D.I because of that bikerdruid.
In a way he took my soul.
I'd love to clothesline him off that motorcycle, or roll a rock down a hill at him as he comes cruising past.

The Demonisation of ' Paganism ' 12 Nov 2015 15:01 #13

I think he's truly evil.
A vicious, sadistic homosexual.

The Demonisation of ' Paganism ' - Modern Paganism in the Holy Land 12 Nov 2015 21:39 #14

• Cinta
  • Never Again
  • ''None are more hopelessly enslaved,than those who falsely believe they are free
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
After some months of keeping this subject at the back of my mind
and sporadical research, I came to the conclusion that those who
demonise "paganism", e.g. the likes of zax, wiikkidd, Cinta et al.,
do not condemn all variations of "paganism", which in fact is nothing
but cultural tradition and the theological description of a state of not
having been converted to Christianity, but mainly Celtic, Nordic and
Germanic
paganism only.

I can't remember having heard or read those diabolisers condemn African,
Asian or any other historic manifestation of (pre-) historic cultural "paganism".

In my understanding this clearly points to the true reasons and origins
behind this typical smear campaign.
:iitm: :nono:

So now you accuse people of being diabolisers are you right in the head :nono:

I would appreciate if you would stop your comdemnations,and accept people's free choice to post what THEY want on any subject

You are losing your credibility by continuing with this type of slander of TZ members

What is Paganism?

''The many deities of Paganism are a recognition of the diversity of Nature.
Some Pagans see the goddesses and gods as a community of individuals
much like the diverse human community in this world.
Others,such as followers of Isis and Osiris from ancient times onwards,
and Wiccan-based Pagans in the modern world, see all the goddesses as
one Great Goddess, and all the gods as one Great God, whose harmonious
interaction is the secret of the universe. ''
www.paganfederation.org/what-is-paganism/
This kind of disgusting and disrespectful behaviour is condoned here

ORANGEAID verbal abuse

''Cinta is a whore.
I don't change one word I've said.''

truth-zone.net/forum/members-area/67105-open-up-the-clarity-zone-to-all-tz-members-we-need-transparency-and-not-secrecy.html?start=80#209733

The Demonisation of ' Paganism ' 13 Nov 2015 01:16 #15

• wiikkidd
  • Gold Member
C'mon Frauline. You & I BOTH know what 'variation' of pagan you adhere to. So does that cup cake. And you both play the filthy catholic for the schlep fool he is. Pagan is satanism. There are two forces God & Lucifer. That leaves out God in the pagan deal. :wissl:

The Demonisation of ' Paganism ' - Burn her! Witch! Witch! Burn her! 16 Nov 2015 12:24 #16

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

Burn her! Witch! Witch! Burn her!

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

The Demonisation of ' Paganism ' 16 Nov 2015 12:31 #17

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
Sexy female pagans will be inducted into my harem instead of being burned, in the next Inquisition.

The Demonisation of ' Paganism ' - Burn her! Witch! Witch! Burn her! 17 Nov 2015 19:08 #18

• Cinta
  • Never Again
  • ''None are more hopelessly enslaved,than those who falsely believe they are free
PFIZIPFEI wrote:

Burn her! Witch! Witch! Burn her!

The woman in the picture is wearing the Mjölnir;the Hammer of THOR

In Norse mythology, Mjölnir is the hammer of Thor, a major Norse god associated with thunder. ''

Thor - God of Thunder (Son of Saturn) & the Worlds Within Worlds

throughancienteyes.blogspot.nl/2013/11/thor-god-of-thunder-son-of-saturn-and.html

Other THUNDER GODS:

Adad, Bel, Ishkur, Marduk (Babylonian-Assyrian mythology)

Zeus (Greek Mythology)

Jupiter, Summanus (Roman mythology)

Taranis,who carries the sunwheel (Celtic mythology)

Indra (Vedic Mythology)

etc.

On Thundergods and Thunderbolts
www.maverickscience.com/thundergods.htm

And ofcourse you are free to worship any master you want PFIZIPFEI.

What is the name of your master PFZIPFEI ;

mine is Jesus Christ.
This kind of disgusting and disrespectful behaviour is condoned here

ORANGEAID verbal abuse

''Cinta is a whore.
I don't change one word I've said.''

truth-zone.net/forum/members-area/67105-open-up-the-clarity-zone-to-all-tz-members-we-need-transparency-and-not-secrecy.html?start=80#209733
User(s) who Liked this post: wiikkidd

The Demonisation of ' Paganism ' 18 Nov 2015 01:43 #19

• wiikkidd
  • Gold Member
Frau is an ODIN devotee, correct Herr Commandant?

The Demonisation of ' Paganism ' 18 Nov 2015 11:37 #20

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
If you're going to be religious or a believer in gods, I always give bonus points to those who don't go with the obvious choices.