Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Voltaire and The Enlightenment

Voltaire and The Enlightenment 17 Feb 2016 20:40 #1

• Robert Baird
For people who are familiar with Voltaire and his lifelong friend St. Germain de Medicis it will be no surprise that Voltaire was a prolific supporter of the same things espoused by Socrates. He was also convicted without a fair trial but it would be most difficult to find a jury of their peers, at any time in the history of elitist Empire! For a few moments we have won the day and anarchy or freedom brought about through knowledge and questioning authority has reared it's head and it has been called 'ugly' more often than not. In exile in England he was impacted by Swift and his Green Languages which I connect with Thomas Carlyle in a later era as he wrote Sartor Restartus. I suspect there is an association with the Hellfire Club or it's fore-runners. He certainly was thereabouts at the right time. I have not read the following to confirm my suspicions. hellfiresecrets.wordpress.com/

"Voltaire bust by Houdon, National Gallery of Washington

.... this French Enlightenment writer, historian and philosopher was famous for his wit and for his advocacy of civil liberties, including freedom of religion, free trade and the separation of church and state. Voltaire was a prolific writer, producing works in almost every literary form, including plays, poetry, novels, essays, and historical and scientific works. He wrote more than 20,000 letters and more than 2,000 books and pamphlets. He was an outspoken supporter of social reform, despite strict censorship laws and harsh penalties for those who broke them. As a satirical polemicist, Voltaire frequently made use of his works to criticize intolerance, religious dogma and the French institutions of his day.

.... The name "Voltaire", which the author adopted in 1718, is an anagram of "AROVET LI," the Latinized spelling of his surname, Arouet, and the initial letters of "le jeune". The name also echoes in reverse order the syllables of the name of a family château in the Poitou region: "Airvault". The adoption of the name "Voltaire" following his incarceration at the Bastille is seen by many to mark Voltaire's formal separation from his family and his past.

Richard Holmes notes that a writer such as Voltaire would have intended it to also convey its connotations of speed and daring. These come from associations with words such as "voltige" (acrobatics on a trapeze or horse), "volte-face" (a spinning about to face one's enemies), and "volatile" (originally, any winged creature). "Arouet" was not a noble name fit for his growing reputation, especially given that name's resonance with "à rouer" ("to be broken on the wheel" - a form of torture still prevalent) and "roué" (a "débauché").

In a letter of 1719, Voltaire concludes by asking that if the recipient wishes to send him a return letter, he do so by addressing it to Monsieur de Voltaire. A post-script explains: "I was so unhappy under the name d'Arouet that I took another. . ." Voltaire is known to have used at least 178 separate pen names during his lifetime.

After Voltaire retorted to an insult from the young French nobleman, the Chevalier de Rohan in 1725, the aristocratic Rohan family obtained a royal lettre de cachet, a penal decree signed by the French King (Louis XV, in the time of Voltaire) that was often bought by members of the wealthy nobility to dispose of undesirables. This warrant caused Voltaire to be imprisoned in the Bastille without a trial "

http://www.green-man-of-cercles.org/articles/voltaire_talk_for_ahs.pdf
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Voltaire and The Enlightenment 18 Feb 2016 01:22 #2

• Robert Baird
In study on The Trial of Socrates and a play by that name authored by Voltaire I have found Voltaire doing a reading of Jonathan Swift while exiled in England and I know that means he was likely an adept in the Green Languages as he is also most noted for his poetic or Bard qualities. At that time he was also a promoter of Shakespeare which had yet to gain acceptance on the continent. These things as well as his lifelong friendship with St. Germain make me think Voltaire was associated with the Hibernians of Thomas Paine and William Blake (alchemists or almost so) and even the Bavarian Illuminati. I have found rumours to that effect, along with many references to Baron von Knigge and Goethe or other prominent German nobles and hangers on thereto. Here is a little addressing the secretive nature of these groups.

"Knigge, especially, was a highly religious and intellectual man and would have had nothing to do with that or any other order which was anti-Christian, yet, the vicious attacks and accusations by Baruel and Robison had great influence, and it was even charged that the Illuminati were themselves agents of the Jesuits, though the latter were opposing it in their usual secret manner. The Illuminati were extremely secretive, even identifying themselves and their chapters by assumed classical names; for examples, Weishaupt was Spartacus, Knigge was Philo, Ingolstadt, the headquarters, was Eleusis, Austria was Egypt, etc. Dates were given in a sort of cryptography."
- Henry Wilson Coil, Coil's Masonic Encyclopedia, 1961

In continuing that search I find substantiation of what I wrote in my book on St. Germain and an explanation for his close association with the Hessians who were instrumental in the American Revolution and in creating a fortune for Mayer Amschel Rothschild. His mother was a Hessian!

"Many researchers believe that St. Germain was the son of Francis II of Transylvania. Francis II's second wife was Charlotte Amalie of the House of Hesse. Princess Charlotte Amalie Wanfried-Hesse (German Prinzessin Charlotte Amalie von Hessen-Eschwege, Wanfried; Wanfried , 1679 . March 8 - Paris , 1722 . February 8 ), Transylvania Princess by marriage to II. Rákóczi, a nun after her husband's exile....

“The estate of (Illuminatus) Landgrave Karl von Hessen-Kassel (1744-1836) was an occult-masonic initiatory retreat. The world’s foremost expert on the 18th-Century Golden and Rosy Cross, Dr. Christopher McIntosh: The head of the Asiatic Brethren in the 1780s and 1790s was the Landgrave Carl von Hessen-Kassel, one of the most fascinating and influential figures at the time in the world of Masonry, Rosicrucianism and hermetic studies. He not only belonged to innumerable orders and rites, but he was a practicing alchemist and was a friend of the mysterious French alchemist, the Comte de St. Germain, whom he harbored during the last years of St. Germain’s life on his estate Louisenlund in what is now Schleswig-Holstein, which he turned into a great center of Masonic and esoteric activity.” (Sursa)"

trianglebook.weebly.com/illuminati.html

Thus when she went into the convent he was adopted by distant cousins named De Medicis. I previously had no explanation for why he was adopted as a near teenager or aged 12 and there were people who feared he would lead a Revolution against the Austro-Hungarian Empire who had forced his father into exile. We also find he is related to the Royal Dragon bloodline through Europe.

Scrib'd has an author whose extensive searches for answers might yield (at a minimum) a great number of inter-relationships and intrigues. There are so many intrigues and players in these games it can be hard to name which ones are winning at any time. The author of what follows is Hamad Subani who along with his thesis advisor has suffered the pains of disinfo and marginalization. I have read enough to know he is an honest seeker but I am not sure his information is complete enough to draw any conclusions from. We all have limits to how much we can research but he points out many university people have been let go or worse when they do anti-establishment work and research. I recommend his work on esoteric German or Nazi symbology and the people behind it. He has extensive research on US officials which include Woodrow Wilson creating the present sate of American domination of the world as we know it. I saw no reference to him being a mere puppet for Colonel House and other bankers I have connected the whole matter with.

I will continue trying to read it (I am not allowed to copy it. The gibberish that results looks intentionally corrupted.) as relates to many entries on Japan and intrigues therewith. He documents Chamberlain worked with Roosevelt to bait the Japanese into attacking Pearl Harbor - I do not think Chamberlain was all that involved as I have made clear the importance of other players including Churchill and Mountbatten, who I do not think would have told Chamberlain much of anything. But he was an excellent puppet and all parties were concerned about the British King who was pro-Nazi which he demonstrates (like Russian Bolshevism) was an Illuminati (read Rothschild) effort. But he does not paint all Jews as culpable - like me he demonstrates there are more Jews being used as fall guys and patsies. In short there are intrigues within intrigues and you should never assume you are smarter than those who make these intrigues.

I heartily endorse his whole book - you will learn a great deal no matter how much you think you know about either side of any issue relating to the first 50 years of the 20th Century.

www.scribd.com/doc/162152574/The-World-War-Deception#scribd

Voltaire and The Enlightenment 18 Feb 2016 05:51 #3

• Robert Baird
If you actually read his book above on scrib`d you will discover Hitler was a trained puppet for the Bavarian Illuminati offshoots like Thulean and Vril Bulwer-Lytton and St. Germain schools (as I have said in Hitler and the Occult(. You will see all of Nazism (as well as Russian Stalinism was Illuminized and you will see Jews are not who did it - they are by and large used as patsies as I have said and genetics proves (Ashkenazi).

You will also be led to a book that gives good evidence that Hitler escaped (Baumann) and enough to keep you scratching your head and saying Ì KNOW NOTHING, just like Sgt. Schultz.