Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Snake and the Woman: Another clue to your forgotten immortal existence.

The Snake and the Woman: Another clue to your forgotten immortal existence. 10 May 2016 19:12 #41

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
bd wrote:
Gaia wrote:
bd wrote:
an interesting note:
there are no snakes in ireland and none in our myths, legends and stories.
Snakes in Ireland
Legend attributes the absence of snakes in Ireland to Saint Patrick, who is said to have banished them from the island, chasing them into the sea after they assailed him during a 40-day fast he was undertaking on top of a hill, but in reality, no species of snake ever inhabited Ireland before St.Patrick, due to the waters around the island now being far too cold for snakes to have moved from regions, such as Great Britain and mainland Europe

:wissl:
i knew someone would bring this up.
patrick is a latecomer, a religious zealot who burned over 1200 books in the fifth century.
he destroyed irish culture, literature and history.
he was just another invader.
he most certainly never drove any snakes out of ireland, nor is his story a part of our ancient heritage.
he boasted about his destruction of our culture in his "Confessions," where he expresses pride in burning our "heathen books."

i defy you to find any snakes in our ancient stories.
peacenik's claim that snakes are a part of every culture is wrong.

The Serpent in Irish Mythology:

- aliisaacstoryteller.com/2014/09/01/the-serpent-in-irish-mythology/
- www.sacred-texts.com/pag/idr/idr21.htm
- www.irishoriginsofcivilization.com/serpent-symbolism.html
- atlanticreligion.com/2014/06/26/serpents-and-dragons-in-irish-mythology/

“… No country in Europe is so associated with the Serpent as Ireland,
and none has so many myths and legends connected with the same… “

Irish Druids and Old Irish Religions – James Bonwick, 1894.

:arowup: Very interesting stuff! And thanks for starting this thread, peacenik :)

In Germanic/Norse mythology:

Hyrrokkin: the giant who freed Baldur's stuck boat to carry his dead body out to sea. Four berserkers could not budge it, so the Aesir called for her and she came riding a wolf with a poisonous snake for reins.

In Nordic myth, evil was symbolised by the serpent (actually a dragon) Nidhogg (the 'Dread Biter') who coiled around one of the three roots of Yggdrasil the Tree of Life, and tried to choke or gnaw the life from it. "Here there is and evil dragon names Nidhogg that gnaws constantly at the root, striving to destroy Yggdrasil".

In Norse mythology, Jörmungandr (Old Norse: Jǫrmungandr, pronounced [ˈjɔrmuŋɡandr̥], meaning "huge monster"), often written as Jormungand, or Jörmungand and also known as the Midgard Serpent (Old Norse: Miðgarðsormr), or World Serpent, is a sea serpent, the middle child of the giantess Angrboða and Loki. According to the Prose Edda, Odin took Loki's three children by Angrboða--the wolf Fenrir, Hel, and Jörmungandr--and tossed Jörmungandr into the great ocean that encircles Midgard. The serpent grew so large that he was able to surround the earth and grasp his own tail. As a result, he received the name of the Midgard Serpent or World Serpent. When he lets go, the world will end. Jörmungandr's arch-enemy is the god Thor. It is an example of an ouroboros.

"Thor in Hymir's boat battling the Midgard Serpent" (1788) by Henry Fuseli

Reference on TZ:

:right: TOPIC: Feathered plumed winged flying SERPENT

"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 10 May 2016 19:25 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik

The Snake and the Woman: Another clue to your forgotten immortal existence. 10 May 2016 19:18 #42

• bd
  • Silver Member
  • bikerdruid
any mention of snakes in irish myth and legend is post-christian.
bonwick's book is extremely christian biased. read it. thought it weas shite.
there are no snakes or serpents in prechristian irish tales.
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need."

The Snake and the Woman: Another clue to your forgotten immortal existence. 10 May 2016 19:29 #43

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
bd wrote:

Thanks for your brief review, which might help others to read the book with a due pinch of salt.

Nonetheless, I always prefer to make up my mind on personal perception/research and taking
as many reliable/authentic sources into account as possible, if you don't mind. ;)

Thus I posted the links to the most interesting (according to my subjective skimming) websites
with hopefully opposing views, for this is the way I usually come to my own conclusions.

Norse/Germanic mythology definitely is very pre-Christian.

"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 10 May 2016 19:37 by PFIZIPFEI.

The Snake and the Woman: Another clue to your forgotten immortal existence. 10 May 2016 21:27 #44

• peacenik
  • Immortal
bd wrote:

Wrong!

No country in Europe is so associated with the Serpent as Ireland, and none has so many myths and legends connected with the same. As that creature has furnished so, many religious stories in the East, and as the ancient faiths of Asia and Egypt abound in references to it, we may reasonably look for some remote similarity in the ideas of worship between Orientals and the sons of Erin.

That one of the ancient military symbols of Ireland should be a serpent, need not occasion surprise in us. The Druidical serpent of Ireland is perceived in the Tara brooch, popularized to the present day. Irish crosses, so to speak, were alive with serpents.

www.sacred-texts.com/pag/idr/idr21.htm
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu

The Snake and the Woman: Another clue to your forgotten immortal existence. 10 May 2016 21:51 #45

• peacenik
  • Immortal
bd wrote:
an interesting note:

peacenik's claim that snakes are a part of every culture is wrong.[/quote]

Not only were there snakes in "our" ancient stories, they played a prominent role in the mythology of Ireland as they did in most every ancient culture

NADA (The high king of ancient Ireland was known as Nuada or Nada or Nuah. The name is a variation of Naddred, meaning "wise serpent," and is probably also akin to Naga which can be rendered Nasha, hence "nation." The word naga denotes the serpent-kings of India. Nuada's Babylonian counterpart is Nata, who, like the Irish Nada, was a survivor of the great prehistoric flood.)

www.irishoriginsofcivilization.com/serpent-symbolism.html
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 10 May 2016 21:54 by peacenik.

The Snake and the Woman: Another clue to your forgotten immortal existence. 10 May 2016 22:08 #46

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Again, not only were Snakes part of the ancient mythology of most every continent on the world, the meaning of the Snake also generally meant the same, The Snake was most always associated with, wisdom and spirituality.

Not only that, but the spelling and pronunciation of words relating to the Snake are similar. ....to similiar to be mere coincidence. E,g, NADA (The high king of ancient Ireland was known as Nuada or Nada or Nuah. The name is a variation of Naddred, meaning "wise serpent,". In Hebrew we find the name for the Snake is called "Nahash". Then clear across the continent on the coast of South America, we find a similiar name given to the Snake.

All this, to me, denotes a time in our remote past of a one world religion concerning the Snake, and the Snake as I have pointed out in the OP, symbolized the the disembodied Soul or consciousness of Man.

"The Pharisees and the scribes have taken the keys of knowledge (gnosis) and hidden them. They themselves have not entered, nor have they allowed to enter those who wish to. You, however, be as wise as serpents and as innocent as doves" - (Gospel of Thomas)
Last Edit: 10 May 2016 23:01 by peacenik.

The Snake and the Woman: Another clue to your forgotten immortal existence. 10 May 2016 23:14 #47

• bd
  • Silver Member
  • bikerdruid
your source, Bonwick, is bullshit.
there is no snake in irish myth, prior to christianity.
you are wrong.

The Snake and the Woman: Another clue to your forgotten immortal existence. 11 May 2016 00:26 #48

• peacenik
  • Immortal
bd wrote:
your source, Bonwick, is bullshit.
there is no snake in irish myth, prior to christianity.
you are wrong.

No you're bullshit!

You can't debate shit, so you try to kill the source.

Everything you've posted on this thread has been an outright lie and has been debunked. You're not interested in debating anything. You're here to obfuscate and destroy. You're out to, "even the score" with me because I don't buy into your communist homosexuality agenda on this forum. So, you're, constantly doing one of two things, you're following me around trying to destroy my threads, or you follow me around calling me dirty names. Either one shows your juvenile attempts at sabotage and hatred of truth.

Please leave!
Last Edit: 11 May 2016 09:50 by peacenik.

The Snake and the Woman: Another clue to your forgotten immortal existence. 11 May 2016 07:56 #49

• peacenik
  • Immortal
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
bd wrote:
Gaia wrote:
bd wrote:
an interesting note:
Snakes in Ireland
Legend attributes the absence of snakes in Ireland to Saint Patrick, who is said to have banished them from the island, chasing them into the sea after they assailed him during a 40-day fast he was undertaking on top of a hill, but in reality, no species of snake ever inhabited Ireland before St.Patrick, due to the waters around the island now being far too cold for snakes to have moved from regions, such as Great Britain and mainland Europe

:wissl:
i knew someone would bring this up.
patrick is a latecomer, a religious zealot who burned over 1200 books in the fifth century.
he destroyed irish culture, literature and history.
he was just another invader.
he most certainly never drove any snakes out of ireland, nor is his story a part of our ancient heritage.
he boasted about his destruction of our culture in his "Confessions," where he expresses pride in burning our "heathen books."

peacenik's claim that snakes are a part of every culture is wrong.

The Serpent in Irish Mythology:

- aliisaacstoryteller.com/2014/09/01/the-serpent-in-irish-mythology/
- www.sacred-texts.com/pag/idr/idr21.htm
- www.irishoriginsofcivilization.com/serpent-symbolism.html
- atlanticreligion.com/2014/06/26/serpents-and-dragons-in-irish-mythology/

“… No country in Europe is so associated with the Serpent as Ireland,
and none has so many myths and legends connected with the same… “

Irish Druids and Old Irish Religions – James Bonwick, 1894.

:arowup: Very interesting stuff! And thanks for starting this thread, peacenik :)

In Germanic/Norse mythology:

Hyrrokkin: the giant who freed Baldur's stuck boat to carry his dead body out to sea. Four berserkers could not budge it, so the Aesir called for her and she came riding a wolf with a poisonous snake for reins.

In Nordic myth, evil was symbolised by the serpent (actually a dragon) Nidhogg (the 'Dread Biter') who coiled around one of the three roots of Yggdrasil the Tree of Life, and tried to choke or gnaw the life from it. "Here there is and evil dragon names Nidhogg that gnaws constantly at the root, striving to destroy Yggdrasil".

In Norse mythology, Jörmungandr (Old Norse: Jǫrmungandr, pronounced [ˈjɔrmuŋɡandr̥], meaning "huge monster"), often written as Jormungand, or Jörmungand and also known as the Midgard Serpent (Old Norse: Miðgarðsormr), or World Serpent, is a sea serpent, the middle child of the giantess Angrboða and Loki. According to the Prose Edda, Odin took Loki's three children by Angrboða--the wolf Fenrir, Hel, and Jörmungandr--and tossed Jörmungandr into the great ocean that encircles Midgard. The serpent grew so large that he was able to surround the earth and grasp his own tail. As a result, he received the name of the Midgard Serpent or World Serpent. When he lets go, the world will end. Jörmungandr's arch-enemy is the god Thor. It is an example of an ouroboros.

"Thor in Hymir's boat battling the Midgard Serpent" (1788) by Henry Fuseli

Reference on TZ:

:right: TOPIC: Feathered plumed winged flying SERPENT

Interesting and mind blowing links and cross-links you posted on this thread, PFIZIPFEI. Each one is a major revelation and validation of what I wrote about in the OP. Still reading some of them. Lots of dots to connect.I love this stuff. Thanks!
Last Edit: 11 May 2016 09:20 by peacenik.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

The Snake and the Woman: Another clue to your forgotten immortal existence. 11 May 2016 09:39 #50

• peacenik
  • Immortal
bd wrote:

Get outta here, just fuking leave and find another thread to embarrass yourself on. Anyone of the links PFZIPFEI has posted to this thread proves you are a lair and a hater who's purpose for being here is to destroy and obfuscate this thread. You're a hateful, spiteful little bearded little man, and I have lost what little respect i had for you. Please just leave and don't ever come back.

The Snake and the Woman: Another clue to your forgotten immortal existence. 11 May 2016 16:18 #51

• bd
  • Silver Member
  • bikerdruid
peacenik wrote:
bd wrote:

Get outta here, just fuking leave and find another thread to embarrass yourself on. Anyone of the links PFZIPFEI has posted to this thread proves you are a lair and a hater who's purpose for being here is to destroy and obfuscate this thread. You're a hateful, spiteful little bearded little man, and I have lost what little respect i had for you. Please just leave and don't ever come back.

please, while you are slithering around on the ground, lick my sack.
you quote secondary sources, and poor ones at that.
i have read the actual texts (in translation)from that period, all that exist.
your scholarship sucks.

the frau is a much more civil debater than yourself.
her links speak of medieval sources, which are POST christian.
fuck yourself.
Last Edit: 11 May 2016 16:27 by bd.

The Snake and the Woman: Another clue to your forgotten immortal existence. 11 May 2016 16:26 #52

• bd
  • Silver Member
  • bikerdruid
p.s. every time i am told to go, it steels my resolve to stay.

The Snake and the Woman: Another clue to your forgotten immortal existence. 11 May 2016 17:06 #53

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
bd wrote:
please, while you are slithering around on the ground, lick my sack.
.... civil debater...
fuck yourself.

:wissl: :ponda:

Instead of showing why and how sources may be (and on pre-christian topics they certainly are in many cases) wrong or contaminated. :facepalm:
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)

The Snake and the Woman: Another clue to your forgotten immortal existence. 11 May 2016 17:10 #54

• GMP
  • Silver Member
The fox pops up a lot in Celtic mythology usually as a trickster or representing shifty cleverness.
Apart from in the Manx mythos.
There have never been any foxes ( or badgers) on the Isle of Man.
Those old time myth makers used whatever they had to hand.
User(s) who Liked this post: bd

The Snake and the Woman: Another clue to your forgotten immortal existence. 11 May 2016 19:18 #55

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
GMP wrote:
The fox pops up a lot in Celtic mythology usually as a trickster or representing shifty cleverness.
Apart from in the Manx mythos.
There have never been any foxes ( or badgers) on the Isle of Man.
Those old time myth makers used whatever they had to hand.

But people moved from the "mainland" to Man and took their stories with them, I presume...? ;)
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)

The Snake and the Woman: Another clue to your forgotten immortal existence. 11 May 2016 20:25 #56

• peacenik
  • Immortal
bd wrote:
p.s. every time i am told to go, it steels my resolve to stay.

Fuk it, stay. who cares?

You can play the clown who cannot field a single argument for, or against, anything said on this thread
Last Edit: 11 May 2016 20:27 by peacenik.

The Snake and the Woman: Another clue to your forgotten immortal existence. 11 May 2016 20:47 #57

• peacenik
  • Immortal
For the researcher!

Here is one of PFIZIPFEI's posted links which shows how well Serpent mythology has been interwoven into our history.

The Serpent and Dragon in World History

The following names and terms refer directly to the serpent:

URAEUS (from ouro, meaning "kingly.")

OPHION (The Greek name for a primordial creator god later cast down. His consort was a sacerdotal female named Eurynome.)

CANAAN (The ancient name for the region where modern day Jordan, Gaza, Palestine, and Israel now exist. The term comes from a Phoenician word connoting the serpent kings.)

KOHEN (Officially this word denotes a descendant of Aaron and a Jewish priest. However, it too means "serpent priest.")

LADON (Name for the guardian of the garden of Hesperides.)

DRACO (Name of the giant constellation in the northern sky, the head of which attends the circumpolar zone.)

DRAGOONS (A name for royal appointed troops in Scotland and England.)

CERIDWEN (A Welsh serpent goddess revered by the Pheryllt priesthood. The name allegedly means "crooked woman," and is a reference either to Ursa Minor or Draco.)

GNADIR/ADDER (This word comes from the Gaelic Naddred, meaning serpent and from Gnadr, meaning "serpent priest." The prefix "Gn" is found in the word Gnosis, meaning "knowledge." "Cn" and "Kn" are two variations, hence Cain and Kohen. The insignia "G," as found in Masonry, signifies knowledge and the men of knowledge. G is the seventh letter of the alphabet, and seven has long been a number of wisdom and occult science. It will not evenly divide into ten or three hundred and sixty. Unlike other numbers between one and ten, seven leave a remainder. Symbolically speaking, it is the numeral of independence and individuality. In Old Norse the word serpent was Nidar, as in the so-called "nidhog serpent," the serpent who eats at the roots of Yggdrasil, the Nordic World Ash Tree. Nidar Ros means "old serpent" and referred to the ancient knowledge of the Druids. Interestingly, the serpent was adopted as a symbol by Olaf I, the king who Christianized Norway. He literally adopted the symbol of those he sought to annihilate.)

GAONIM (The letter "G" of the Masons connotes the Gaonim - the Exilarchs or Princes of Light. They were originally Levites and later they were elite Pharisees and Sadducees Order.)

NADA (The high king of ancient Ireland was known as Nuada or Nada or Nuah. The name is a variation of Naddred, meaning "wise serpent," and is probably also akin to Naga which can be rendered Nasha, hence "nation." The word naga denotes the serpent-kings of India. Nuada's Babylonian counterpart is Nata, who, like the Irish Nada, was a survivor of the great prehistoric flood.)

PENDRAGON (In Welsh mythology this was a title denoting Celtic chieftains, such as King Arthur.)

NACAAL (Denotes the semi-mythical serpent people of the Aztecs and Maya.)

KUMARAS (This word denotes the semi-mythical serpent races of India.)

CHERUBIM AND SERAPHIM (These terms originally referred to the Elohim or nine creator gods of Egypt. In Hebrew, they mean "fiery" or "blazing serpents.")

NAHASH (The word means "serpent" in Hebrew. The root nshs means "to find out" or "discover." It is not surprise, therefore, to see the medical corporations, technical and educational institutions, and government think tanks employing the symbol of the serpent on their emblems and logos.)

NASHA (An alternative rendering of Nagas. It could be the origin of the word "nation.")

AMARU (An ancient word meaning "serpent.")

AMERICA (From Amaraka, meaning "land of the serpents.")

VOTAN (or Wotan, from Teutonic legends, allegedly the Germanic version of the Norse Odin.)

HERMES (This word means "phallic.")

BRIGHUS (Denotes the holy men of India.)

SHAKTI (The name of the Hindu goddess frequently personified as a serpent.)

NAGADEV (name of Siva, meaning "lord serpent" or "divine serpent.")

CARIBBEAN (From Ka-rib, meaning "serpent.")

SUMERIA (Possibly from the Gaelic Sumaire, meaning "serpent.")

LAKOTA (From a Sioux word meaning "snake.")

HERNE (also known as Cernunnos and Nikor. The prototype of Hermes, Mercury, Thoth, and Jesus.)

DJEDHI (Egyptian term for an ancient sect of serpent priests. This is the origin of the fictional characters, the Jedi.)

BARAKA (Sufi term for the serpent.)

CARNAC / KARNAK (Carnac in Brittany has long been associated with the serpent cults. It features many strange megalithic sites. Karnak in Upper Egypt, is one of Egypt's oldest cities. It features one of the world's most impressive temples, dedicated to Amen Ra.)

PHOENIX (A mythical serpentine bird.)

SEKHMET / SEKHEM (Names that denote the serpent power.)

NEC / NECH (These terms also connote the serpent. The word nech allegedly means "temptation.")

AZOTH (In alchemy this denotes the symbol of the egg and serpent. It also refers to the god Mercury. It is the origin of the phoneme AZT.)

PNEUMA (A Greek word denoting breath and lifeforce that were usually personified as a serpent.)

APEP / APOPHIS (The Egyptian serpent of darkness. This is the origin of terms such as Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Sergeant Pepper, and Pepsid, etc.)

BUTO (Also known as Udjo and Wadjet meaning "green one." The predynastic serpent goddess and patron deity of Lower Egypt. She was closely associated with the cat goddess Bast and with Nekhbet, the vulture goddess and patron of Upper Egypt. Her serpentine image is seen on the head of the god Ra.)

RENENUTET (A cobra formed goddess, almost identical with the goddess Buto, she was worshiped throughout Egypt. Like Buto and Nekhbet, Renenutet symbolized the human soul.)

NEHUSHTAN (The rod Moses changed into a serpent in front of the Pharaoh.)

HYDRA (The demonic serpent of Greek myth. Now the name of a giant serpentine constellation.)

AHRIMAN (The serpentine god of darkness in Persian mythology.)

SHAITAN (The name for the evil one in Persian myth.)

NINE (This word also connotes the serpent, as does the shape of the number.)

NUMBER 18 (is similar in form to the caduceus.)

SPERM (Is curiously serpentine in form.)

LEMNISCATE (A figure that looks like the number 8 in its side. It symbolizes the god Mercury and also the zodiac.)

THE POPE'S CROZIER (Like the number 9, it connotes the serpent. It is a stylized version of the Druidic sickle.)

THE DOLLAR SIGN $ (Connotes the serpent.)

ART (From an Egyptian word aart, meaning "serpent.")

HURRICANE (This word refers to the fury of the serpentine force of winds and storms.)

TYPHOON (From Typhon, the god of evil in Egyptian mythology. Always depicted as a undulating serpent.)

www.irishoriginsofcivilization.com/serpent-symbolism.html
Last Edit: 11 May 2016 20:57 by peacenik.

The Snake and the Woman: Another clue to your forgotten immortal existence. 11 May 2016 21:11 #58

• Cinta
  • Never Again
  • ''None are more hopelessly enslaved,than those who falsely believe they are free
The Coiled Serpent

Kundalini is personified as the Divine Mother: Shakti Ma, Kali Ma, or other goddesses.
She is the feminine power at the base of the spine, which travels up the spine to unite with the
masculine power, her consort, Lord Shiva .

THE KUNDALINI - SERPENTS AND DRAGONS
edgeba.webs.com/thekundaliniserpent.htm

www.adishakti.org/subtle_system/kundalini.htm
This kind of disgusting and disrespectful behaviour is condoned here

ORANGEAID verbal abuse

''Cinta is a whore.
I don't change one word I've said.''

truth-zone.net/forum/members-area/67105-open-up-the-clarity-zone-to-all-tz-members-we-need-transparency-and-not-secrecy.html?start=80#209733
User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik, GMP

The Snake and the Woman: Another clue to your forgotten immortal existence. 20 May 2016 08:32 #59

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ok, so we all seem to agree Snake religion existed some time in the past and this religion was an international one involving continents not supposed to being in contact with one another at the time But the image of the snake is world wide inspite of continental barriers and lies from academia.

we,ve also herd all the intricate ways Snake mythology has woven into our culture and mythology.

What we haven't explored is why ancient peoples choose the lowly, loathsome, creature of a Snake or serpent to represent wisdom and immortality when it could have chosen any creature in nature? Why the snake?

I choose Josef Campbell theory, that the Snake by shedding it's skin represented what Man was doing at the time which was transmigrating from body death to a newborn infant. which he choose. The best demonstration of this in the physical world was the snake shedding it's skin and renewing it's self my obtaining a new body.

The action of dying and assuming the body of a newborn infant was said to be as common place as changing warn out clothes. The Snake demonstrates this action better than anything else in nature. This is why I believe the Snake shedding it's skin depicted Man change bodies perfectly.

Questions? Arguments?.......anyone?
Last Edit: 20 May 2016 08:57 by peacenik.

The Snake and the Woman: Another clue to your forgotten immortal existence. 20 May 2016 10:04 #60

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
Said to be commonplace by who, and why should they be believed? Did this person say whether the people were fully aware of their previous incarnations as soon as they'd developed their new skin/container sufficiently to reason, ie, early childhood? Has modern man degenerated that much that they no longer recall their soul's previous incarnations and can no longer learn from them?
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare