Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Surviving on a island , the whaman edition

Surviving on a island , the whaman edition 28 Nov 2017 18:00 #1

• Grolongo
The Island with Bear Grylls

In today's world we take food, shelter and warmth for granted so Bear wanted to know what would happen in you strip modern man from all the luxuries and go back to the basics, where you would have to fight for your very own survival

Season one was a great hit but some but-hurt feminist demanded that the producers put some women on the show .Where they would drop a group of girls on a Island ( with no men present). Just to show that girls are just as capable as the men from season 1. Not only will the women survive such a challenge but they would thrive. However reality kicked in pretty soon. Resulting in to the best reality tv show I have ever seen :lmao:

I was laughing so much that I was in pain the whole time. Totally worth it tho :D

Here as some small teasers:

These are only highlights , I would highly encourage to watch entire season 2 from the beginning . You wont be disappointed. I promise :thumbup:

Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare, Gaia

Surviving on a island , the whaman edition 28 Nov 2017 18:22 #2

• Grolongo
The show offers some great insight what would happen in an economic collapse . Where man and women alike are forced to go back to into survival mode

Surviving on a island , the whaman edition 28 Nov 2017 18:59 #3

• Flare
I'm going to give this a look. :D
User(s) who Liked this post: Grolongo

Surviving on a island , the whaman edition 28 Nov 2017 20:27 #4

• Grolongo
^^ Plz do, I'm really looking forward to your feedback( and the fb of the rest of the respectable users as well )

Surviving on a island , the whaman edition 28 Nov 2017 20:38 #5

• entrangermercenary1
  • COD Expert
Grolongo wrote:
The show offers some great insight what would happen in an economic collapse . Where man and women alike are forced to go back to into survival mode
Grolongo wrote:
^^ Plz do, I'm really looking forward to your feedback( and the fb of the rest of the respectable users as well )

Well I ain't respectable and I don't give a fuck.

Maybe you need to rethink post A to a sensible synopsis :wissl:
User(s) who Liked this post: Lux Interior

Surviving on a island , the whaman edition 29 Nov 2017 01:05 #6

• Flare
Just watched the first 2 episodes and it's a great show + social experiment.

Really interesting to see how easily a jungle can wear urbanised people down.

The teasers don't do the real show justice btw.

Let you know once I've finished it.

(P.S. would have liked to have seen more feminists in the female camp btw. :chuckle: )

Surviving on a island , the whaman edition 29 Nov 2017 10:44 #7

• Return of Zorro
  • Gold Member
Most of those women wouldn't last 5 mins in a real survival situation. Screaming and acting all hysterical when they see snakes and other stuff. If that was me then the snake would end up being dinner, that's after chopping it's head off with a machete. Snake is quite tasty apparently?

All this rubbish (((they've))) been promoting everywhere over the last couple of decades about women supposedly being the stronger sex is laughable. We know why they've been doing it, to try and put the weaker more irrational and emotionally driven of the sexes in control.

In a survival situation the physically stronger will always do best, not only that, men are generally more wired up much better mentally to tackle and overcome the hardships of the wilderness. It's just how nature made us. Women have their own strengths of course, but one of them doesn't normally involve being able to cope very well in a rough and tumble situation out in the wilderness. That is especially true if it's only domesticated women in the group, Women cope much better in those types of situations when there's men around. Which in fact is perfectly natural, and how nature made us.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Last Edit: 29 Nov 2017 10:56 by Return of Zorro.
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare, Grolongo

Surviving on a island , the whaman edition 29 Nov 2017 10:47 #8

• Exorcist
Vids 1 & 2 unviewable for me in Wales .......Messages read
Blocked by Chan 4 on copyright grounds.

I can view Vid 3 and it's quite funny, notably the group of women sent out to search for a better beach base camp site, with a stable source of drinking water, on the other side of the Island. They eventually find one but, in their attempt to return to the main group, head in completely the wrong direction ...... :larf:

Was Pfhiz in charge of the group's navigation?..... :chuckle:
NUKES ARE A HOAX
TRUTH IS HATE FOR THOSE THAT HATE THE TRUTH
Meet the New Boss.....Same as the Old Boss

http://www.stopthecrime.net/Henry-Makow---Illuminati----(2008).PDF
(((ROCCO))) is a Sayanim Troll
(((HotRod))) is a (((ROCCO))) sock account
MrAnderson is a Bollock….lmao
Last Edit: 29 Nov 2017 18:58 by Exorcist.

Surviving on a island , the whaman edition 29 Nov 2017 11:03 #9

• Return of Zorro
  • Gold Member
If anything I bet most of the women who post on this forum probably wouldn't act in the way those women in the program did. You can't expect women to be as tough as men in those situations ether. That only usually happens in Hollywood, not in the real World. In reality most women will happily stand behind and follow the men in a survival situation. Which is the perfectly natural thing for them to do. Women's strengths lie more with providing the group or tribe with support in other areas, such as nurturing or nursing the wounded etc, and not fighting, or hunting or fighting off dangerous wild animals, or whatever. Men are much more suited to those tasks, for obvious reasons.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Last Edit: 29 Nov 2017 11:17 by Return of Zorro.

Surviving on a island , the whaman edition 29 Nov 2017 12:39 #10

• Exorcist
The nearest I've been to this "back to basics" type living occurred during the August "Skool Holidays" when I was in the (4th or 5th?) form.
4 or 5 lads from my "Skool" spent a week's holiday at a Camping Site run by an organisation called "Inter-Schools Camps" in Salcombe, Devon. There were about 100-150 lads from Secondary Schools across the UK attending the event in any single week.
In those days (late '50s) it was a "lads only" event with no girls. I remember there was a WWII Corvette anchored in the estuary.
During the week we learned camping skills, rock climbing, (climbed cliffs), yachting etc.

The most memorable event for me was a sailing trip out into the bay in a traditional timber "clinker built" sailing dinghy, a Salcombe Yawl. There were 3 of us on board, the sailing instructor, my mate Phil and myself. The wind was very strong and we were tacking back and forth across the bay with extreme "hiking out" (that's leaning out of the yacht to distribute your weight to counteract the force of the wind in the sails....prevents yacht capsizing).

Suddenly there was a loud crack. The timber mast had snapped..... :chuckle:

Anyway, after a bit of "tidying up"....the voyage ended with me and Phil rowing back to the harbour with the instructor manning the tiller. Luckily, in those days, the instructor was always male. If the instructor had been a female womanning the tiller we'd probably have ended up in fkn Australia!........ :lmao:
NUKES ARE A HOAX

Last Edit: 29 Nov 2017 19:00 by Exorcist.

Surviving on a island , the whaman edition 29 Nov 2017 16:18 #11

• Exorcist
Incidently, one of my great grandfathers was a sailor on the screw frigate HMS Liffey in the 1860's Victorian era. Liffey was known as a "shot rolling ship".
Conditions for crewmen were terrible in those days. Some crews protested against their dire conditions by rolling cannon balls across the deck and this often resulted in public floggings.

http://www.worldnavalships.com/forums/showthread.php?s=35d82e429a3cf30605c39ecce9400970&p=133238

BTW...I'm not Paddy on the Forum linked to. I discovered the Liffey information whilst researching my ancestry.

I also discovered something about another of my great grandfathers. He was a prospector in the Klondike Gold Rush.
NUKES ARE A HOAX

Last Edit: 29 Nov 2017 18:39 by Exorcist.

Surviving on a island , the whaman edition 29 Nov 2017 18:50 #12

• Flare
It's a nice series to watch.

However, after a few episodes it becomes apparent that the women are being supported behind the scenes (better island than the men, rations, drinks, pigs were placed on their island to hunt for etc.), or they would have died within a week. Lots of bad choices, over-emotional crying about everything, totally unorganised and basically living together in 'anarchism' (no leadership) which made them very lazy and unstructured bunch who didn't even build a decent camp, had constant massive food shortages and at some point almost all had to be evacuated due to dangerous dehydration as their water supply diminished. The group finally started to function only after they selected leaders (in the last week tho..) who called the shots. It was nice to see them finish well, having built a decent camp with even decorations in it, which was very feminine and basically is what women are designed for. (and just another proof that anarchy won't ever work)

The men started off strong, immediately setting up camp on the beach. (while the women dwelled around in the jungle for days) Worked hard for food, hydration and improving camp. Had a couple of assholes in the team, but after they left the group got more cohesive. It was clear the men received no / minimal support behind the scenes, as they had a bit more difficult island to survive and they even had to catch an alligator which they had to eat. Overal, the men did way better than the women and it is nice to see such a program destroying certain political correct matters.

Surviving on a island , the whaman edition 29 Nov 2017 19:14 #13

• Grolongo
Most of those women wouldn't last 5 mins in a real survival situation. Screaming and acting all hysterical when they see snakes and other stuff. If that was me then the snake would end up being dinner, that's after chopping it's head off with a machete. Snake is quite tasty apparently?

Everything tastes like chicken when your starving :yup:

Dident you have some military experience ? They probably gave you some basic survival training . Making it easier for you to cope with your hostile surroundings

To be honest I would be totally clueless if I was put in such an environment . However I'm willing to work hard and pick up things pretty quickly . After some days of trail and error my inner I believe my inner caveman would come out :coolio:

All this rubbish (((they've))) been promoting everywhere over the last couple of decades about women supposedly being the stronger sex is laughable. We know why they've been doing it, to try and put the weaker more irrational and emotionally driven of the sexes in control.

They destroyed their own narrative without knowing it :hahano:

In a survival situation the physically stronger will always do best, not only that, men are generally more wired up much better mentally to tackle and overcome the hardships of the wilderness. It's just how nature made us. Women have their own strengths of course, but one of them doesn't normally involve being able to cope very well in a rough and tumble situation out in the wilderness. That is especially true if it's only domesticated women in the group, Women cope much better in those types of situations when there's men around. Which in fact is perfectly natural, and how nature made us.

Mental strength might me more important then muscle alone . The ability to keep going when your tired, dehydrated, hungry and all the odds are stacked against you will separate the men from the boys

Dont want to spoil anything but one of the women had a mental breakdown because her socks where wet and her nails were dirty ffs. Yes really :sadno:

If anything I bet most of the women who post on this forum probably wouldn't act in the way those women in the program did. You can't expect women to be as tough as men in those situations ether. That only usually happens in Hollywood, not in the real World. In reality most women will happily stand behind and follow the men in a survival situation. Which is the perfectly natural thing for them to do. Women's strengths lie more with providing the group or tribe with support in other areas, such as nurturing or nursing the wounded etc, and not fighting, or hunting or fighting off dangerous wild animals, or whatever. Men are much more suited to those tasks, for obvious reasons.

Not too sure about that . Two of our greatest women allies are closet feminist

The 3th one seems pretty cool and laid back . Dont think she would have any problem following orders

Surviving on a island , the whaman edition 29 Nov 2017 19:20 #14

• Grolongo
Anyway, after a bit of "tidying up"....the voyage ended with me and Phil rowing back to the harbour with the instructor manning the tiller. Luckily, in those days, the instructor was always male. If the instructor had been a female womanning the tiller we'd probably have ended up in fkn Australia!........ :lmao:

You would still be swimming in circles to this very day :lmao:

Was Pfhiz in charge of the group's navigation?..... :chuckle:

In her defense , if the producers would just put some heathen herbs in there , she would nail the expedition :yup:
User(s) who Liked this post: Exorcist

Surviving on a island , the whaman edition 29 Nov 2017 20:02 #15

• Grolongo

However, after a few episodes it becomes apparent that the women are being supported behind the scenes (better island than the men, rations, drinks, pigs were placed on their island to hunt for etc.), or they would have died within a week. Lots of bad choices, over-emotional crying about everything, totally unorganised and basically living together in 'anarchism' (no leadership) which made them very lazy and unstructured bunch who didn't even build a decent camp, had constant massive food shortages and at some point almost all had to be evacuated due to dangerous dehydration as their water supply diminished. The group finally started to function only after they selected leaders (in the last week tho..) who called the shots. It was nice to see them finish well, having built a decent camp with even decorations in it, which was very feminine and basically is what women are designed for. (and just another proof that anarchy won't ever work)

Nice summery mate :)

It was so bizarre to watch it unfold the way it did . So you havent had a decent meal in weeks , hungry like you have never been . Out of nowhere two domesticated pigs ''fall in your lap''. Then you end up cuddling them and name then Onion and Fluffy :umm:

At least some of the women had some common sense in them and realized that it was food that they where holding. But due to the moral outrage of rest of the group they decide the let them go. Cos its wrong to kill baby pigs :facepalm:

Same thing with the water barrel they trowed away . If it wasent for the staff of the producers they would still sit there waiting for a miracle to happen

I still cant comprehend it , your dehydrated , have a fully functioning water barrel, that someone would comes with the idea to clean it in the sea water . As the salt will kill any bacteria of the rotten meat fixing the problem of dehydration

Mabye im sexist by being to logical, who knows . Nevertheless it was fascinating to watch

Even with the cheating going on behind the scenes they bearlry made it

The men started off strong, immediately setting up camp on the beach. (while the women dwelled around in the jungle for days) Worked hard for food, hydration and improving camp. Had a couple of assholes in the team, but after they left the group got more cohesive. It was clear the men received no / minimal support behind the scenes, as they had a bit more difficult island to survive and they even had to catch an alligator which they had to eat. Overal, the men did way better than the women and it is nice to see such a program destroying certain political correct matters.

- They way they caught the alligator was pretty amazing to watch. I know your hungry and willing to eat anything at that moment but it took some team effort and some balls of steal to catch and kill the massive beast
- Vic is a true man in every sense of the word . He surely lived up to his title as a provider
- The older black guy was cool, he def put in his share of work. However the younger black fellow was a walking stereotype :wissl:
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare

Surviving on a island , the whaman edition 29 Nov 2017 21:16 #16

• entrangermercenary1
  • COD Expert
Zorro wrote:

:lmao:

'The stronger will always do best' :lmao:

The brain and knowledge are the 'strongest' tools a person will have in a survival situation. Analyse, Assess and Act. No good being strong if your a thick cunt like you and cant figure the problem out.
'Rough and tumble' what the fuck you babbling on about :facepalm:

Do you think the YPJ or Bosnian/Croat women fighters are/were weak? They are surviving and survived fighting on the front lines against men. Then had to forage for food, do deals to get food, scrounge what ever was required.

You sound like that idiot 'Tracker' who used to post in the survival section on DI.

I think you have a U-Boat to command no? :wissl:

@Grolongo

Its a TV program a reality show can not replicate survival in its pure form. Not sure how many people are going to find themselves on an Island when an economic collapse and Global Natural disaster occurs :lmao:

If a true economic collapse happened survival mode would be brutal, with gangs/militia type groups forming. Kill or be killed and defend whats yours or lose it.
Think about the infrastructure you see around you, the buildings, houses where people live, they will all have items that somebody could use.
When people have to leave a location rapidly either running for their lives they only take what they can carry or sometimes just what they are wearing. That leaves plenty if items in a house that can be of use.

Little tip: Find out where your local Central Distribution Centres (CDC) are, normally near a MSR with good transport links. Then you know where your 1st port of call is ;)

COD level 88

To be honest I wrote reams on the DI forum in the survival section, but fucked If I'm going to replicate that on here.

Good luck :D
Last Edit: 29 Nov 2017 21:19 by entrangermercenary1.

Surviving on a island , the whaman edition 29 Nov 2017 21:42 #17

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Grolongo wrote:

:chuckle: :yup: :cool2:
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352

Surviving on a island , the whaman edition 29 Nov 2017 22:09 #18

• entrangermercenary1
  • COD Expert
Just to explain the DI Forum does have a good survival section, which used to have some very informed posters.

Apprentice always posted from the 'Development of Skills and how to make things'

Them a proper legend imo and if your ex mil you know who 'Them' are :lmao: We got on well having shared some of the same experiences on COD level 72

Bush Doctor mate of Lightgivers and full of knowledge

Sannox another switched on chap

PeterCookie always used to chip in

Jonas Parker Not sure if he is still with us, ex US Marine if I remember correctly, Nam, very experienced

Veritasvoice some good info

Poor Tracker was just a copy and paste merchant with no relevant experience.

forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=100793&page=3

forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=108011

I did several threads like the above, all with pictures in situ with an idiots guide how to survive in different environments from Urban to Mountain. I deleted all the pics and some material before I left. That's why you will read something alluding to a picture.

Anyway hve fun surviving, as long as I have my White Lightening I wont care :emb:
Last Edit: 29 Nov 2017 22:36 by entrangermercenary1.

Surviving on a island , the whaman edition 29 Nov 2017 22:34 #19

• Return of Zorro
  • Gold Member
Grolongo wrote:

Everything tastes like chicken when your starving :yup:

Dident you have some military experience ? They probably gave you some basic survival training . Making it easier for you to cope with your hostile surroundings

To be honest I would be totally clueless if I was put in such an environment . However I'm willing to work hard and pick up things pretty quickly . After some days of trail and error my inner I believe my inner caveman would come out :coolio:

They destroyed their own narrative without knowing it :hahano:

Mental strength might me more important then muscle alone . The ability to keep going when your tired, dehydrated, hungry and all the odds are stacked against you will separate the men from the boys

Dont want to spoil anything but one of the women had a mental breakdown because her socks where wet and her nails were dirty ffs. Yes really :sadno:

The 3th one seems pretty cool and laid back . Dont think she would have any problem following orders

Yes, I did 6 years in the military. I have more than basic survival skills too. I'm quite highly trained and experienced in survival. Plus i can navigate at sea and read charts etc. Being dumped on that island would be more like a fishing holiday to me.. :chuckle:

Actually as I speak I'm making up some new long lines to go and peg out in the estuary on Friday. I catch all my own fish, mostly rod and line caught Atlantic cod during the winter months, and flat fish and sea bass in the summer months.

A selection of my sea fishing rods & reels below, I mostly use the multiplier reels (the one's on the right) for long distance beach fishing for Cod. I've fished some of the local beeches in all types of weather conditions during winter, day and night. It's not for the faint-hearted or domesticated who need their home comforts. A mate of mine was once swept off the rocks during a tidal surge while night fishing. luckily he had his winter flotation suit on, and he managed to swim ashore. Not before being washed down channel about half a mile though.. :chuckle: We were there a couple of nights later fishing again. Though in much better weather conditions.

Last Edit: 30 Nov 2017 19:38 by Return of Zorro.
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare

Surviving on a island , the whaman edition 30 Nov 2017 00:07 #20

• Flare
Grolongo wrote:

Nice summery mate :)

It was so bizarre to watch it unfold the way it did . So you havent had a decent meal in weeks , hungry like you have never been . Out of nowhere two domesticated pigs ''fall in your lap''. Then you end up cuddling them and name then Onion and Fluffy :umm:

At least some of the women had some common sense in them and realized that it was food that they where holding. But due to the moral outrage of rest of the group they decide the let them go. Cos its wrong to kill baby pigs :facepalm:

Same thing with the water barrel they trowed away . If it wasent for the staff of the producers they would still sit there waiting for a miracle to happen

I still cant comprehend it , your dehydrated , have a fully functioning water barrel, that someone would comes with the idea to clean it in the sea water . As the salt will kill any bacteria of the rotten meat fixing the problem of dehydration

Mabye im sexist by being to logical, who knows . Nevertheless it was fascinating to watch

Even with the cheating going on behind the scenes they bearlry made it

- They way they caught the alligator was pretty amazing to watch. I know your hungry and willing to eat anything at that moment but it took some team effort and some balls of steal to catch and kill the massive beast
- Vic is a true man in every sense of the word . He surely lived up to his title as a provider
- The older black guy was cool, he def put in his share of work. However the younger black fellow was a walking stereotype :wissl:

Spot on! :chuckle:

The younger black guy was unbelievably lazy letting everyone else do the hard work while he did nothing. I couldn't have coped with that if I would have been there.

The 'educated', 'upper-class' journalist was fucking annoying as well, just standing there watching the sunset while everyone was working their ass off as camp was being washed away due to heavy rainfall. And only doing the easiest jobs, trying to fool everyone he was working hard. His idea with the fishing net finally saved him. But that was only because everyone was starving and happy to finally eat plenty for a few days.

Vic was cool yea. Sometimes overdoing it a bit, but he was allright.

The 'Sinnead McCarthy'-like girl, Lauren, gave me the creeps at first. :chuckle: But she turned out ok in the end + she was a good leader.
And there were a couple of good looking chicks running around in the show! Like the one being afraid of the snake or the other one doing the 'weather-forecast'. :D
  • Page:
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare