Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 22 Mar 2019 10:55 #1

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
There is an interview on the subscription site Gaia that I think is very inspirational.

It focuses on the energy that flows through the Earth and through us, which can be blocked by the stresses of life.

When this happens, we can become sick.

But we can heal ourselves if we remove blockages.

If anyone is interested in viewing this interview, send me a private message, and I'll reply with the link, which will be active for 24 hours after it is clicked:

Have you ever felt disconnected or disassociated from your body? A master of bio-energetic medicine who is known for bringing science, spirit and human possibility together, Dr. Sue Morter explains that the stagnant energy that’s trapped in your body could actually be the reason. As she reveals in her recent book The Energy Codes, you can learn how to move that energy consciously and intentionally, so it doesn’t stagnate. If that energy is flowing freely, then we are healthy, vital, clear, strong, and robust, and we can manifest and achieve the things that we want.

Instructor/Host: Lisa Garr
Featuring: Sue Morter
Video Language: English

www.gaia.com/video/energy-codes-dr-sue-morter
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 10 May 2019 22:34 #2

• OpenMind
  • Fresh Member
The title of your post and the content of your post don't seem to match, unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "spiritual beings". Can you explain what you mean by that? Do you mean, for example, as most Christians believe, that we are spiritual entities that continue to live and have consciousness after the body dies? Or do you mean something else?

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 10 May 2019 22:37 #3

• OpenMind
  • Fresh Member
When you say we're "spiritual beings" are you talking about a spiritual entity that continues to live after the body dies? As in, as soon as you die, you either go to heaven or to hell?

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 11 May 2019 00:57 #4

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
OpenMind wrote:
Do you mean, for example, as most Christians believe, that we are spiritual entities that continue to live and have consciousness after the body dies?
Yes, I do mean that there is consciousness after the body dies.

As an aside, I think reincarnation is real, also.

The focus of the video is not life after death, however, it is about a life force/energy that flows through us which is actually a part of the energy that permeates every square inch of the entire cosmos. In that sense, we are one with the universe.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 11 May 2019 01:43 #5

• OpenMind
  • Fresh Member
I understand that the focus of the video is not life after death, but I think none of these issues can really be understood in a vacuum.

For example, you say that you believe in reincarnation also, but how do you explain that? Do you believe in a creator God, or do you believe this world is a product of random chance? I think until you establish that baseline you're going to have a hard time explaining your position on those other issues.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 11 May 2019 03:08 #6

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
OpenMind wrote:
For example, you say that you believe in reincarnation also, but how do you explain that?
I don't really explain it, I just believe it's real. It fits with my concept of life arising out of energy, which is infinite and permeates the cosmos. It has always been here and will always be here. All matter consists of vibration at its core. Vibration arises from energy. Energy is the source from which we and everything else in the cosmos arises.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 11 May 2019 23:48 #7

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Connect Dots wrote:
OpenMind wrote:
Yes, I do mean that there is consciousness after the body dies.

Yes, that's true. It's also important to understand, this same consciousness existed before the birth of the body to.
As an aside, I think reincarnation is real, also.

Did you know, the early Christian church believed in reincarnation all the way up until 1153 AD, after which it was condemned as heresy?
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 11 May 2019 23:55 #8

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
peacenik wrote:
Yes, that's true. It's also important to understand, this same consciousness existed before the birth of the body to.
I agree with that.
Did you know, the early Christian church believed in reincarnation all the way up until 1153 AD, after which it was condemned as heresy?
No, I didn't know that. Interesting.

Actually, I don't believe God/Source has a religion, and certainly does not have gender.

But there is something called the God-mind, which I relate to.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 12 May 2019 21:32 #9

• peacenik
  • Immortal
We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body

Not only are we spiritual beings occupying a body, but a more factual statement is, you are a spiritual being trapped inside a body. You cannot willingly leave your body, can you? Hence, you must understand you are trapped inside a body.

It has been the goal of any worthwhile religion to separate from the body w/o suffering body death. You automatically separate from the body at body death, but why can't you separate while alive inside a body?

Buddhism called it, "Release", Gnostic Christanity called it, "The Resurrection". Both were talking about separating from the body without suffering body death. Both agreed such a state was attainable.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 13 May 2019 03:40 #10

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
Somebody said- "Did you know, the early Christian church believed in reincarnation all the way up until 1153 AD, after which it was condemned as heresy?"
Nah that's fake news!
Jesus was quite specific that there's NO reincarnation.
When our bodies die, our souls FLY..:)
The death of the body can therefore be regarded as the final step of human evolution when we transcend from material bodies and become purely spiritual beings.
Last Edit: 13 May 2019 03:44 by Ugh.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 13 May 2019 03:56 #11

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Connect Dots wrote:
Actually, I don't believe God/Source has a religion, and certainly does not have gender.
But there is something called the God-mind, which I relate to.

Good for you mate, the trick is to "mindmeld" with the God-mind..:)

Jesus said- "On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you" (John 14:20)

You'll know when you've successfully made the connection because you'll feel the power of the God-mind downloading into you..:)

Jesus said - "Someone touched me, I know that power has gone out from me." (Luke 8:46)
"After Jesus spent the night in prayer, everybody tried to touch him because power was coming from him" (Luke 6:12-19)
"I am full of power, judgement and might by the spirit of the Lord" (Micah 3:8)
"Our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power"- (1 Thess 1:5)
"Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power" (Ephesians 6:10)

And we too can "touch" JC to get a power download by just mumbling a few words such as "Jesus remember me" if we're tired, lonely, fed up.
When the person on the cross next to him said those words, he replied "Today you'll be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:42/43) because BINGO the connection was made
..:)
Last Edit: 13 May 2019 04:02 by Ugh.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 13 May 2019 16:34 #12

• OpenMind
  • Fresh Member
peacenik wrote:

That's incorrect. The early Christian church believed in Universalism (the belief that eventually every single soul will be saved) and they believed it exclusively for the first 3 centuries, until the Catholic Church took over. There is no evidence of Christians believing in reincarnation.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 13 May 2019 16:37 #13

• OpenMind
  • Fresh Member
peacenik wrote:

Not only are we spiritual beings occupying a body, but a more factual statement is, you are a spiritual being trapped inside a body. You cannot willingly leave your body, can you? Hence, you must understand you are trapped inside a body.

It has been the goal of any worthwhile religion to separate from the body w/o suffering body death. You automatically separate from the body at body death, but why can't you separate while alive inside a body?

Buddhism called it, "Release", Gnostic Christanity called it, "The Resurrection". Both were talking about separating from the body without suffering body death. Both agreed such a state was attainable.

Christianity's resurrection actually contradicts the concept of a spirit inside of a body because the point of the resurrection is to be transformed from physical into spiritual, from mortal into immortal (1 Corinthians 15). Yet the concept of an immortal spirit living inside a body makes that same resurrection pointless since we would already be an immortal spirit.
Last Edit: 13 May 2019 16:38 by OpenMind.
User(s) who Liked this post: Rocco

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 13 May 2019 19:01 #14

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
OpenMind wrote:
The early Christian church believed in Universalism (the belief that eventually every single soul will be saved)

Did it? I think you'd better start quoting a few NT verses to support your claim..;)
After all, I can't see the souls of murderers/ rapists/ paedophiles etc ever being saved, or am I missing something?

Jesus was quite clear that on Resurrection Day- "All in the graves shall come out, to resurrection or damnation" (John 5:28/29)

R-Day is GAME OVER- "He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still." (Revelation 22:11)

Last Edit: 13 May 2019 19:05 by Ugh.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 13 May 2019 19:12 #15

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
OpenMind wrote:
Christianity's resurrection actually contradicts the concept of a spirit inside of a body because the point of the resurrection is to be transformed from physical into spiritual, from mortal into immortal (1 Corinthians 15). Yet the concept of an immortal spirit living inside a body makes that same resurrection pointless since we would already be an immortal spirit.

I'm not sure what your point is mate.
Our souls are immortal, for example Jesus said- "Father you loved me before the world began", and when the young Jeremiah tried to talk his way out of becoming a prophet God said "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you".

In modern terms we can therefore regard our soft squishy bodies as "spacesuits" into which our souls are inserted in order to get around on this planet.
Jesus reminded us that "The flesh alone is of no value whatever, it is the spirit within that is the life".

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 13 May 2019 19:21 #16

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Connect Dots wrote:
..the energy that flows through the Earth and through us, which can be blocked by the stresses of life..

Interestingly, when Jesus was asked whether an adulteress should be stoned under the Old T law, he trailed his finger in the dust for a few seconds as if he was drawing on the "earth energy" to help him formulate a reply, then he shamed them into leaving her alone by saying "He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone"

Also, when Moses approached the burning bush, God to him to take off his shoes, so that perhaps the "earth energy" could enter him by his bare feet?
Last Edit: 13 May 2019 19:22 by Ugh.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 13 May 2019 20:23 #17

• peacenik
  • Immortal
OpenMind wrote:
peacenik wrote:

That's incorrect. The early Christian church believed in Universalism (the belief that eventually every single soul will be saved) and they believed it exclusively for the first 3 centuries, until the Catholic Church took over. There is no evidence of Christians believing in reincarnation.

Wrong!

It is a historical fact that that early Christians believed in pre-existance all the way up to 553 AD. Where afterwards it was condemned as heresy.
Your reference is the, Second Council of Constantinople 553 AD. Look it up. This may not agree with your world view, but it is historical fact. Historical facts always trumps religious zeal.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 13 May 2019 20:42 #18

• peacenik
  • Immortal
OpenMind wrote:
peacenik wrote:

I see this as just more deception to deny Man's spiritual nature. the Bible is full of it. Man is a composite being consisting of Matter and spirit. What a man's body dies, the spirit moves on. That spirit is immortal, and always has been. One does not gain immortality by dying. That's ridiculous.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 14 May 2019 00:35 #19

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
..I see this as just more deception to deny Man's spiritual nature. the Bible is full of it. Man is a composite being consisting of Matter and spirit. What a man's body dies, the spirit moves on. That spirit is immortal, and always has been. One does not gain immortality by dying. That's ridiculous.

The Bible already says the soul is immortal mate, what's your beef?
But where it differs with you is that you think we keep getting "recycled" into new bodies (reincarnation), but the Bible says we don't.
Jesus said to his mates at the last supper- "The next time I drink wine will be when I drink it fresh and new with you in my father's kingdom"
See, he never said they're going to get recycled into new bodies and left on earth..:)

PS- you said in TZ a while back that you were a soldier in a past life. Military history is my special subject, so I'd be fascinated (as I'm sure we all would) to hear all the details of your battles etc
Last Edit: 14 May 2019 00:36 by Ugh.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 14 May 2019 06:07 #20

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:
..I see this as just more deception to deny Man's spiritual nature. the Bible is full of it. Man is a composite being consisting of Matter and spirit. What a man's body dies, the spirit moves on. That spirit is immortal, and always has been. One does not gain immortality by dying. That's ridiculous.

The Bible already says the soul is immortal mate, what's your beef?
But where it differs with you is that you think we keep getting "recycled" into new bodies (reincarnation), but the Bible says we don't.
Jesus said to his mates at the last supper- "The next time I drink wine will be when I drink it fresh and new with you in my father's kingdom"
See, he never said they're going to get recycled into new bodies and left on earth..:)

PS- you said in TZ a while back that you were a soldier in a past life. Military history is my special subject, so I'd be fascinated (as I'm sure we all would) to hear all the details of your battles etc
"The Bible already says the soul is immortal mate, what's your beef?"

Where does the Bible say that?
See, he never said they're going to get recycled into new bodies and left on earth.

The word you're looking for is, "rebirth" NOT "recycle". The belief in rebirth is as old as Man.

You are responsible for conditions here on earth, like everyone else. Good or bad, you helped create it. You don't get to cop out and go to heaven or hell or whatever, when you die a body death. You are responsible for your own actions. You are going to have to live out the life you have created for others. You don't get to skip town, leaving behind the world you helped to create.

Yeah, yeah, I know, you think you are exempt from your responsibility because of you have "Jesus Christ" to save you from your sins, but it's not going to happen that way. You don't get to leave until you assume responsibility for your own actions. Appointing "Jesus' as responsible for your condition is not going to work.
Last Edit: 14 May 2019 07:12 by peacenik.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare