Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 02:30 #41

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
Ugh wrote:
The Bible already says the soul is immortal..
peacenik wrote:
Where does the Bible say that?

Well Jesus spoke plenty of times about eternal life as spiritual beings, for example-
"The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable...it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.. flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Cor 15:42-50)

"natural body", "spiritual body", WTF? I don't think you even know what's being talked about in that quote? Whatever the case, you still did not answer my question.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 04:05 #42

• OpenMind
  • Fresh Member
peacenik wrote:
OpenMind wrote:
peacenik wrote:
OpenMind wrote:
Have you looked at the timeline page for your Cathor reference? This was a group that was active from the 12th to 14th centuries. That's not exactly early Chrisitanity, which would rightly be considered those Christians who lived within the first four centuries after Christ.

As for pre-existence, your reference to a single man who believed and taught it, hardly constitutes evidence that "the early Christian church believed in reincarnation".

You do not like me calling you a, " religious zealot". Yet ,you continue to argue the point even after I honored your request to show you references

My pointing out the lack of evidence in your references does not reflect on my religious views at all, so the fact that you're trying to make that connection seems an obvious attempt at changing the subject. Can you back up your claims, or not?

Your concerns were answered in post #26 above. Everyone who reads this thread knows it.

Now you're just trolling for effect, w/o saying anything profound. It's really to bad. Your first couple of posts on this thread led me to believe, I had someone to debate this important topic. Now it seems all you can do is toss around biblical quotes and accuse me of being insincere.

I'm sorry to have disappointed you, but I always like to try to understand a person's perspective before I engage in discussion. That doesn't mean I agree with your perspective. It just means I want to understand it.

It seems to me the real problem is that you don't like to be challenged, and that, in my opinion, is too bad.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 04:12 #43

• OpenMind
  • Fresh Member
peacenik wrote:
Your concerns were answered in post #26 above. Everyone who reads this thread knows it.
The only two points I saw in your post was that one individual church father of the third century named "Origen" believed in pre-existence, and a group that was active 1200 years after Christ believed in reincarnation. If that's supposed to prove that "The early Christian church believed in reincarnation" then I'm afraid I just don't see it, but if "everyone who reads this thread", as you put it, saw my question sufficiently answered, then perhaps one of those people can explain it to me as you seem incapable of doing so.
Last Edit: 15 May 2019 04:13 by OpenMind.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 05:04 #44

• peacenik
  • Immortal
OpenMind wrote:
peacenik wrote:
The only two points I saw in your post was that one individual church father of the third century named "Origen" believed in pre-existence, and a group that was active 1200 years after Christ believed in reincarnation. If that's supposed to prove that "The early Christian church believed in reincarnation" then I'm afraid I just don't see it, but if "everyone who reads this thread", as you put it, saw my question sufficiently answered, then perhaps one of those people can explain it to me as you seem incapable of doing so.

It will NEVER be enough for you. You aren't interested. No matter what is brought forth, you will deny it. If it doesn't agree with your programming it doesn't exist for you. You aren't interested in debating this topic, you're just interested in being compulsively right.

You are willing to lie and deceive just be be compulsively right. Then you throw around biblical quotes as if you were some kind of saint. This is so typical of some the Bible thumping zealots I have encountered, Lie, cheat, steal, obfuscate, deceive, doesn't matter. as long as your program is in place.

In post #21 above, you requested I bring you references on the early christanity believing in pre-existance. In post #26 above, I provided an Early Christian leader, St. Origen who believed in pre-existance. Not only that but I provided you with an Early Christian group who believed in pre-existance.......and I gave you the links/references. So, "yes" early Christanity really did believe in pre-existance. I've just given you two examples.

Your order has been filled, mister.

The problem is no longer with me, but with you.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 06:15 #45

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
peacenik wrote:
"natural body", "spiritual body", WTF? I don't think you even know what's being talked about in that quote? Whatever the case, you still did not answer my question.

1- Our natural body is the soft squishy one we're in now, but when we die we get a spiritual body and become- as Jesus said- "like the angels".
2- I thought I'd answered your question about the immortality of the soul? Let me try again-
Jesus said that when we die, our souls fly to heaven or hell for eternity, he never mentions reincarnation at all.

In fact a number of sci-fi films and shows feature "spirit beings" like this one below that have transcended from material bodies into purely spiritual ones, it can be regarded as the final step in human evolution.
"In the twinkling of an eye the dead shall be raised imperishable and we shall be changed" (1 Cor 15:52)

Last Edit: 15 May 2019 06:25 by Ugh.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 12:32 #46

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
Ugh wrote:
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:

Well Jesus spoke plenty of times about {' ~~~~blah blah blah~~~'}

Ugh you're worse than Flare who is always going on about how dolfy was a salvation ie at least he existed outside of Mein Kampf and other Third Empire horseshit, your boy only exists in the Abrahmic narratives and related works.

Your salvation hero is a subjective of a religious doctrine, it's like having a personality trait, it's true that you have it but it's not true that it exists outwith those that do, it's peculiar, in the literal meaning. it's like a bunch of schizophrenic people getting together and deciding upon the agreement of sharing a common delusion.
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Last Edit: 15 May 2019 13:09 by Frothy.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 13:04 #47

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
Connect Dots wrote:
Dr. Sue Morter, a Doctor of Chiropractic, and the person interviewed in the opening post video, is the author of The Energy Codes: The 7-Step System to Awaken Your Spirit, Heal Your Body, and Live Your Best Life.

Here is the Foreword of the book:
Here's the TED talk:
TED
Published on Mar 13, 2008

Neuroanatomist Jill Bolte Taylor had an opportunity few brain scientists would wish for: One morning, she realized she was having a massive stroke. As it happened -- as she felt her brain functions slip away one by one, speech, movement, understanding -- she studied and remembered every moment. This is a powerful story about how our brains define us and connect us to the world and to one another.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 15:03 #48

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Frothy wrote:
Ugh..Your salvation hero is a subjective of a religious doctrine..

As a hero and role model, Jesus is one of the best around because he urged us not to let the Establishment push us around-
"The world wants you to dance to its tune..".
Another great role model is his young cousin John who was a world-rejecter living rough in the wilderness who used to go in town to yell insults at the snooty priests and corrupt rulers who later killed him and Jesus.
Jesus's verdict on him?- "John is the greatest man ever to be born" (Matt 11:11)
If you know any better role models please let us know..:)

Below: John in action against Herod and his floozy-
Last Edit: 15 May 2019 15:07 by Ugh.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 15:07 #49

• OpenMind
  • Fresh Member
peacenik wrote:
OpenMind wrote:
peacenik wrote:

It will NEVER be enough for you. You aren't interested. No matter what is brought forth, you will deny it. If it doesn't agree with your programming it doesn't exist for you. You aren't interested in debating this topic, you're just interested in being compulsively right.

You are willing to lie and deceive just be be compulsively right. Then you throw around biblical quotes as if you were some kind of saint. This is so typical of some the Bible thumping zealots I have encountered, Lie, cheat, steal, obfuscate, deceive, doesn't matter. as long as your program is in place.

If you're going to accuse me of lying at least give me the courtesy of being specific so I can defend myself. So tell me, what did I say that was a lie?

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 15:08 #50

• OpenMind
  • Fresh Member
Ugh wrote:
Jesus said that when we die, our souls fly to heaven or hell for eternity.

Did he really say that?

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 15:11 #51

• OpenMind
  • Fresh Member
Frothy wrote:
it's like a bunch of schizophrenic people getting together and deciding upon the agreement of sharing a common delusion.

A common delusion? You do realize that even secular scientists agree that Jesus was real, right? What exactly are we deluded about?

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 15:17 #52

• OpenMind
  • Fresh Member
Connect Dots wrote:
…unexplained miracles of healing are happening on a regular basis because the world around us does not obey the laws of linearity.

Even secular scientists are starting to admit that there's more to this world than what we can see and measure. Eventually, all paths lead to the truth.
Last Edit: 15 May 2019 15:17 by OpenMind.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 15:20 #53

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
..In post #26 above, I provided an Early Christian leader, St. Origen who believed in pre-existance. Not only that but I provided you with an Early Christian group who believed in pre-existance... I've just given you two examples.

Only TWO examples out of all the hundreds of early Christian groups and individuals?
Obviously all the rest DIDN'T believe in pre-existence because Jesus never mentioned it and anyway pre-existence and reincarnation make no logical sense anyway
..:)

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 15:31 #54

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
To Openmind- You are willing to lie and deceive just be be compulsively right...This is so typical of some the Bible thumping zealots I have encountered, Lie, cheat, steal, obfuscate, deceive, doesn't matter. as long as your program is in place.

Whoa mate, you're beginning to sound a bit paranoid-

WIKI- "Paranoid personality disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis characterised by a pervasive and long-standing suspiciousness and generalized mistrust of others"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoid_personality_disorder

We Christians are simply being good samaritans to help Jesus-rejecters see that Jesus is a great anti-Establishment role model, we're not asking you for money or anything

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 15:41 #55

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
OpenMind wrote:
Connect Dots wrote:
…unexplained miracles of healing are happening on a regular basis because the world around us does not obey the laws of linearity.
Even secular scientists are starting to admit that there's more to this world than what we can see and measure..

Yes..:)

SCIENTIST QUOTES
"A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as with chemistry and biology, and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about in nature."-Fred Hoyle (British astrophysicist): The Universe: Past and Present Reflections. Annual Review of Astronomy and Astrophysics: 20:16.

"There is for me powerful evidence that there is something going on behind it all....It seems as though somebody has fine-tuned nature’s numbers to make the Universe....The impression of design is overwhelming"- Paul Davies (British astrophysicist), The Cosmic Blueprint: New Discoveries in Nature's Creative Ability To Order the Universe. New York: Simon and Schuster, p.203.

"As we survey all the evidence, the thought insistently arises that some supernatural agency - or, rather, Agency - must be involved. Is it possible that suddenly, without intending to, we have stumbled upon scientific proof of the existence of a Supreme Being? Was it God who stepped in and so providentially crafted the cosmos for our benefit?"- George Greenstein (astronomer),1988. The Symbiotic Universe. New York: William Morrow, p.27

"When confronted with the order and beauty of the universe and the strange coincidences of nature, it's very tempting to take the leap of faith from science into religion. I am sure many physicists want to. I only wish they would admit it."- Tony Rothman (physicist),Paradigms Lost. New York, Avon Books, p.482-483

"When I began my career as a cosmologist some twenty years ago, I was a convinced atheist, I never in my wildest dreams imagined that one day I would be writing a book purporting to show that the central claims of Judeo-Christian theology are in fact true, that these claims are straightforward deductions of the laws of physics as we now understand them. I have been forced into these conclusions by the inexorable logic of my own special branch of physics."- Frank Tipler (Professor of Mathematical Physics), 1994 The Physics of Immortality. New York, Doubleday, preface.

"We know that nature is described by the best of all possible mathematics because God created it.."- Alexander Polyakov (Soviet mathematician),Gannes, S. October 13, 1986. Fortune. p. 57

"Here is the cosmological proof of the existence of God – the design argument of Paley – updated and refurbished. The fine tuning of the universe provides prima facie evidence of deistic design. Take your choice: blind chance that requires multitudes of universes or design that requires only one"- Ed Harrison (cosmologist),Harrison, E. 1985. Masks of the Universe. New York, Collier Books, Macmillan, pp. 252, 263.

"Who created these laws? There is no question but that a God will always be needed"- Barry Parker (cosmologist),Heeren, F. 1995. Show Me God. Wheeling, IL, Searchlight Publications, p. 223.

"Mathematics is the language with which God has written the universe."- Galileo

INTERVIEW WITH EINSTEIN by George Sylvester Viereck, Saturday Evening Post, 26 October 1929.
V- "To what extent are you influenced by Christianity?"

E- "As a child I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud. I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene."

V- "Have you read Emil Ludwig's book on Jesus?"

E- "Emil Ludwig's Jesus is shallow. Jesus is too colossal for the pen of phrasemongers, however artful. No man can dispose of Christianity with a bon mot."

V- "You accept the historical Jesus?"

E- "Unquestionably! No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life."

Last Edit: 15 May 2019 15:42 by Ugh.
User(s) who Liked this post: OpenMind

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 16:30 #56

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
OpenMind wrote:
Connect Dots wrote:

Even secular scientists are starting to admit that there's more to this world than what we can see and measure. Eventually, all paths lead to the truth.
Actually, Jill Bolte Taylor, PhD wrote ". . .unexplained miracles of healing are happening on a regular basis because the world around us does not obey the laws of linearity."

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 16:48 #57

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
The 7 Codes in The Energy Codes: The 7-Step System to Awaken Your Spirit, Heal Your Body, and Live Your Best Life by Dr. Sue Morter are Anchoring, Feeling, Clearing, Heart, Breath, Chemistry, and Spirit.

THE ANCHORING CODE: GETTING BACK IN YOUR BODY

I was sitting at my dining room table one afternoon, writing a description for a course I’d been invited to teach, when all of a sudden I felt a vibration in my head. It was so strong that I shook my head a couple of times to try to shake off the feeling and get my bearings. . .

Morter, Sue. The Energy Codes: The 7-Step System to Awaken Your Spirit, Heal Your Body, and Live Your Best Life (p. 97). Atria Books. Kindle Edition.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 19:37 #58

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Frothy wrote:
Ugh wrote:
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:

Well Jesus spoke plenty of times about {' ~~~~blah blah blah~~~'}
it's like a bunch of schizophrenic people getting together and deciding upon the agreement of sharing a common delusion.

That's the way I see it to. People blindly agreeing upon what they consider to be true. Hoping that if enough people agree, it will become a reality?

Missing, is the fact that truth requires no force to be truth. Yet hundreds of thousands of people were murdered when the, "one true god' was forced on Man. Man did not accept that phony god willingly. So they were forced to accept it. No one wants to talk about that. They just want to smother you in irrelevant biblical quotations and "god loves you" platitudes.

People believe in the jewish god, Not because it is necessary true, but because they were given no choice.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 19:42 #59

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:
..In post #26 above, I provided an Early Christian leader, St. Origen who believed in pre-existance. Not only that but I provided you with an Early Christian group who believed in pre-existance... I've just given you two examples.

Only TWO examples out of all the hundreds of early Christian groups and individuals?
Obviously all the rest DIDN'T believe in pre-existence because Jesus never mentioned it and anyway pre-existence and reincarnation make no logical sense anyway

It wouldn't have made any difference if there were 10 examples, or even a hundred examples in neon lights. You simply aren't capable of looking in that direction.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 19:53 #60

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
Frothy wrote:
Ugh..Your salvation hero is a subjective of a religious doctrine..

As a hero and role model, Jesus is one of the best around because he urged us not to let the Establishment push us around-

Are you completely daff or something?

Your "Jesus" as it is being peddled to the public, is an establishment religion.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare