Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 19:55 #61

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
Frothy wrote:
Ugh..Your salvation hero is a subjective of a religious doctrine..

As a hero and role model, Jesus is one of the best around because he urged us not to let the Establishment push us around-

Are you completely daff or something?

Your "Jesus" , the way it is currently portrayed,......is the establishment
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 16 May 2019 00:24 by peacenik.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 20:06 #62

• peacenik
  • Immortal
OpenMind wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Your concerns were answered in post #26 above. Everyone who reads this thread knows it.
then I'm afraid I just don't see it, .

Of course you don't see it. You won't permit yourself to see it. Otherwise you won't be able to pretend to be a religious authority, throwing around biblical quotes, as if you were some kind of saint or something.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 20:16 #63

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
peacenik wrote:
Are you completely daff or something?
Your "Jesus" as it is being peddled to the public, is an establishment religion.

Careful mate or your nanny will send you to the naughty step for not paying attention to your sunday school teacher, otherwise you'd know the central theme of Christianity is to be Anti-Establishment..:)

Tell him Nan..:)
"Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers" (1 Peter 1:18 )
"Don't conform to the pattern of this world" (Rom 12:2)
"As a soldier of Christ, please only God and not the world" (2 Tim 2:3/4)
"Don't love the world or the things in it, otherwise the love of God is not in you" (1 John 2:15-17)
"You were bought at a price, don't serve men" (1 Cor 7:23)
"A friend of the world is the enemy of God" (James 4:4)
"You were dead when you followed the ways of the world" (Eph 2:1/2)
"You died with Christ from this world, so don't keep submitting to its rules" (Col 2:20)
"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil.." (Eph 6:12).
Last Edit: 15 May 2019 20:16 by Ugh.
User(s) who Liked this post: OpenMind

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 20:21 #64

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
..throwing around biblical quotes.

Speaking of quotes mate, exactly what books are you quoting from to support your reincarnation and pre-existence theories?
Last Edit: 15 May 2019 20:23 by Ugh.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 20:29 #65

• OpenMind
  • Fresh Member
Connect Dots wrote:
OpenMind wrote:
Connect Dots wrote:
…unexplained miracles of healing are happening on a regular basis because the world around us does not obey the laws of linearity.

Even secular scientists are starting to admit that there's more to this world than what we can see and measure. Eventually, all paths lead to the truth.
Actually, Jill Bolte Taylor, PhD wrote ". . .unexplained miracles of healing are happening on a regular basis because the world around us does not obey the laws of linearity."

Isn't that what I said?

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 20:35 #66

• OpenMind
  • Fresh Member
peacenik wrote:
OpenMind wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Your concerns were answered in post #26 above. Everyone who reads this thread knows it.
then I'm afraid I just don't see it, .

Of course you don't see it. You won't permit yourself to see it. Otherwise you won't be able to pretend to be a religious authority, throwing around biblical quotes, as if you were some kind of saint or something.

Actually, I don't see it because you haven't presented any compelling evidence to support your argument. As for the quotes, one certainly doesn't need to be a saint to search biblegateway.com. It's free for everyone. Even you. Of course, it helps if you know where to look.

Maybe instead of resorting to personal attacks, you should try to actually present evidence to support your position, whatever that position might be. We could have a real discussion. For example, I'd be curious to know if you think any part of the Bible is based in fact, or if you think every single line is a fiction.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 20:44 #67

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
OpenMind wrote:
(to Peacenik)..you haven't presented any compelling evidence to support your argument..

Right, Peacenik once said in TZ that he was a soldier in a past life, so all he has to do to prove his case for reincarnatiom is to tell us the fascinating details of what his name was, which army he was in, what his rank was, the name of his unit, the battles he fought in etc so we can check them out against the history books to see if his claim holds water..:)
Last Edit: 15 May 2019 20:45 by Ugh.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 21:15 #68

• peacenik
  • Immortal
It's amazing to me that people can find conspiracy everywhere. They can find it in politics, in science, in education, in the earth, in the sky, Literally everywhere. But the one place people never look is a conspiracy against your Soul, your immortality. They blindly follow religious authority as if it, itself, were divine.

They pretend to know evil. They see it everywhere except in the religious authority they have adopted. Not knowing this is where evil would strike first. All other conspiracy becomes easy after you've infiltrated Man's belief in his hereafter.

The religious authority which exists today were forced on Man. Man did not accept it willingly and hundreds of thousands died because of it. All in the name of pushing the, "one true god" down everyones throat.

Later in the Christan era the murder and mayhem continued. Here again because certain christian beliefs did not align with those of the religious authority at the time. The Christian Cathars were a good example of this. They were chased throughout Europe and eventuality slaughtered.

I would NEVER trust religious authority to tell the truth about my spiritual existance.
Last Edit: 15 May 2019 21:16 by peacenik.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 21:33 #69

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
peacenik wrote:
I would NEVER trust religious authority to tell the truth about my spiritual existance.
I feel the same way.

Thanks to the efforts of others who have posted on the internet, I had my eyes opened about religion about ten years ago.

It is very liberating.
User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 21:45 #70

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
..I would NEVER trust religious authority to tell the truth about my spiritual existance.
Connect Dots wrote:
I feel the same way.
Thanks to the efforts of others who have posted on the internet, I had my eyes opened about religion about ten years ago.
It is very liberating.

Good for you guys, we don't need Organised Religion to do our thinking for us, which is why Jesus reminded us-
"You have one teacher, me" (Matt 23:10)..:)
Last Edit: 15 May 2019 21:45 by Ugh.
User(s) who Liked this post: OpenMind

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 22:36 #71

• OpenMind
  • Fresh Member
peacenik wrote:
Neither would I. Which is why I don't trust in church. I trust in God. In fact, I don't even attend church anymore. I found a lot of hypocrisy and falsehoods and deception there.

Don't get me wrong, also a lot of good people, but it really felt like a closed box to me. The church did not promote true Bible study, only their version of it. And don't even get me started on the Catholic church. That's a whole other kettle of fish. (I'm protestant btw)

Luckily, we don't need church to find God.
Last Edit: 15 May 2019 22:37 by OpenMind.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 22:39 #72

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
Ugh wrote:
Good for you guys, we don't need Organised Religion to do our thinking for us, which is why Jesus reminded us-
He didn't say anything we can't figure out for ourselves.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 22:55 #73

• peacenik
  • Immortal
OpenMind wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Neither would I. Which is why I don't trust in church. I trust in God. In fact, I don't even attend church anymore. I found a lot of hypocrisy and falsehoods and deception there.

Don't get me wrong, also a lot of good people, but it really felt like a closed box to me. The church did not promote true Bible study, only their version of it. And don't even get me started on the Catholic church. That's a whole other kettle of fish. (I'm protestant btw)

Luckily, we don't need church to find God.

Say's the guy who quotes and defends religious authority throughout this whole thread.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 22:58 #74

• OpenMind
  • Fresh Member
peacenik wrote:
Say's the guy who quotes and defends religious authority throughout this whole thread.

Which religious authority did I defend? Show me a quote please.
Last Edit: 15 May 2019 22:58 by OpenMind.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 23:01 #75

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Connect Dots wrote:
Ugh wrote:

I agree, but good luck trying to explain that to a religious zealot.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 23:11 #76

• peacenik
  • Immortal
OpenMind wrote:
peacenik wrote:

Which religious authority did I defend? Show me a quote please.

Nope!

Sorry, I don't show you anything anymore. Do your own leg work. You won't accept what is offered anyway. Read your own posts. and find out find out yourself.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 15 May 2019 23:51 #77

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
OpenMind wrote:
Isn't that what I said?
No.

Anyone reading your post will think I said the words quoted.

I had posted someone else's words in a quote box, and included acknowledgement of the author of the words.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 16 May 2019 00:59 #78

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Ugh wrote:
Connect Dots wrote:

But if we don't need JC, why did God send him to help us out of the mire?

PS- Regarding the quotes box and stuff, I find the best way to make sure that nobody mistakes my posts for somebody elses is to cut and paste the core bits into their proper sequence, it takes a bit of time but it's worth it, I'm a PC dummy so if I can do it anybody can..:)
Last Edit: 16 May 2019 01:05 by Ugh.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 16 May 2019 11:41 #79

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
Ugh wrote:
But if we don't need JC, why did God send him to help us out of the mire?
First of all, God is not a "he."

Secondly, God did not send anyone to be sacrificed for the sins of humanity.

The historical figure who had wise things to say is one of many.

Ugh wrote:
Regarding the quotes box and stuff, I find the best way to make sure that nobody mistakes my posts for somebody elses is to cut and paste the core bits into their proper sequence, it takes a bit of time but it's worth it
I do both.

The quote box flags the quotation and clearly and visually separates it from your own words. It takes time to type the tags for it, but it's worth it.

We're Spiritual Beings Occupying a Body 16 May 2019 17:09 #80

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Connect Dots wrote:
First of all, God is not a "he."
Secondly, God did not send anyone to be sacrificed for the sins of humanity.
The historical figure who had wise things to say is one of many

1- Calling God "he" and "father" is just a convention, we could call him/her "she" or "mother" but it wouldn't sound quite right..:)
Likewise we could call him/her "it" but that wouldn't sound right either..:)
Anyway Christianity is genderless-
Paul said- "There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:28 )

2- There was so much spiritual "pollution" sloshing around the earth due to heathen vibes that God sent Jesus as a "lightning conductor" to soak it all up and give humankind a clean slate.
Ever since then, the pollution has been building up over the centuries and when it reaches a critical point it may trigger this prophecy-
"The time has come for judging the dead.. and for destroying those who destroy the earth" (Revelation 11:18 )

3- Sure there have been many wise men throughout history, but they were simply humans giving us their own best guesses and hunches, whereas Jesus was giving us the words of God himself, spot the difference?..:)
Jesus said - "For I have not spoken on my own authority; but the Father who sent me gave me a command, what I should say and what I should speak" (John 12:49)
Last Edit: 16 May 2019 17:11 by Ugh.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare