Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How Grief Can Help Us Win

How Grief Can Help Us Win 14 Apr 2019 20:38 #1

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
I am on Sophie Sabbage's mailing list, and that's how I learned about this inspiring TEDx Talk:
TEDx Talks
Published on Apr 8, 2019

Sophie believes that Loss is as inevitable as naked trees in winter. We are designed for it, but not prepared for it. We are taught to acquire and achieve, not to relinquish and let go. But what if we can win when we lose? Her talk will redefine our relationship with loss. It will challenge prevailing definitions of grief and restore sorrow to its rightful purpose in our lives. It will illuminate what loss can give us, even as it takes away.
Living with ‘terminal’ cancer for over four years has transformed Sophie’s relationship with grief and loss. Her first book, The Cancer Whisperer, has been translated into twelve languages and her second book, Lifeshocks – And how to love them, is a Sunday Times bestseller. As an award-winning business consultant, dedicated patient activist and Senior Trainer with the More To Life Foundation, Sophie has been teaching people how to flourish in the face of adversity for over twenty years. She has a background in psychology, organisational change and English literature. She is also the very happily married mother of a turbo-charged eight-year-old daughter. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community. Learn more at www.ted.com/tedx

Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

How Grief Can Help Us Win 15 Apr 2019 00:51 #2

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
Hey Sophie, as a Christian I'm fine thanks..:)

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.
I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want" (Bible:Philippians 4:12)

The trick is to realise that the material world and all it's silliness isn't to be taken seriously, and that we shouldn't let ourselves be bogged down in it-
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to keep oneself from being polluted by the world" (Bible:James 1:27)
"For we look at things unseen rather than the seen, for the seen are temporary, but the unseen are eternal" (Bible:2 Cor 4:18)
Last Edit: 15 Apr 2019 01:14 by Ugh.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare