Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What Happens When You Die

What Happens When You Die 15 May 2019 05:54 #41

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
peacenik wrote:
Why should I read your bible? It doesn't concern me. it concerns jews. Why should I give two shits about a people who follow around a genocidal, jealous, "god" named Yahweh?

Wait a minute, Jesus blew the snooty jewish priests out of the water and gave us the New Testament, and people quickly cottoned on..:)-
"The covenant of which Jesus is mediator is superior to the old one" (Hebrews 8:6)
"The law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ" (John 1:17)
"Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers" (1 Peter 1:18 )

Last Edit: 15 May 2019 05:54 by Ugh.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: OpenMind

What Happens When You Die 15 May 2019 15:03 #42

• OpenMind
  • Fresh Member
I prefer the terms "creator God" or "God the father"

What Happens When You Die 15 May 2019 21:30 #43

• peacenik
  • Immortal
OpenMind wrote:
I prefer the terms "creator God" or "God the father"

What difference does it make? You're still worshipping an idol.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu

What Happens When You Die 15 May 2019 22:30 #44

• OpenMind
  • Fresh Member
No, I'm worshipping God. Do you know what an idol is?

What Happens When You Die 15 May 2019 22:38 #45

• peacenik
  • Immortal
OpenMind wrote:
No, I'm worshipping God.

Sorry, I don't see it. Looks like you're worshipping religious authority to me.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu

What Happens When You Die 15 May 2019 22:57 #46

• OpenMind
  • Fresh Member
peacenik wrote:
OpenMind wrote:
No, I'm worshipping God.

And what religious authority do you think I'm worshipping?

What Happens When You Die 15 May 2019 23:17 #47

• peacenik
  • Immortal
OpenMind wrote:
peacenik wrote:
OpenMind wrote:
No, I'm worshipping God.

And what religious authority do you think I'm worshipping?

All of it!

What Happens When You Die 16 May 2019 00:54 #48

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Personally I don't go to church, I tried some in the past but they (and many of the people in them) bored me out of my skull so I washed my hands of them.
There's no NT instruction saying we HAVE to go to church if we don't want, and I'm fine with that..:)

PS- On the AOL message boards some years ago, a young teenager told us that his parents forced him to go to church with them against his will, and asked us what he should do.
"Refuse pointblank to go" I said, and we never heard from him again, I gather his parents had complained to AOL about me saying that, and his parents had then blocked him from the message boards or something
..:)

What Happens When You Die 16 May 2019 20:33 #49

• peacenik
  • Immortal
What happens when you die?

Of all the possible outcomes of, what happens to you after you die? For me, Rebirth is the most logical. It's that way for many reasons. Here are a few of those reasons....

The Soul incarnates. That's what it does. That's what it's been doing for time immemorable. That's what it will continue to do. The Soul knows things by being things. That's how the Soul functions.The purest form of knowledge, is when one knows something, by being that which one seeks to know. What could be higher than this? Once one knows something by being that particular something, one moves on to something else to know. This has been going on for as long as the physical universe has been in existance.

It's important to understand, there is no universal law governing what you will be when you are reborn. Neither is there a one-size-fits-all, time frame one has to adhere to. It's totally up to the individual Soul. One can incarnate into another body 5 min. after death or thousands of years.

Some people think they are going to heaven when they die? I'am not say that's impossible, but it is very, very, difficult. One would have to have absolute no use for the physical world. One would have to have no desire at all to manifest into the physical. few people can walk that path.

Another reason why I think Rebirth is what happens when you die, is because the idea is as old as Man. Religious authority likes to tell you that Rebirth and Pre-existance are "new-age" religions? Nothing could be further from the truth. It is the oldest. Religious authority is in the business of deceiving you and counts on you not investigate for yourself.

Much, much, more can be said about this fascinating subject. Should you want investigate it, I suggest you make haste. Religious authority is rapidly moving to form a one-world-religion, and such talk of Pre-existance and Rebirth will no longer be allowed.
Last Edit: 16 May 2019 20:42 by peacenik.

What Happens When You Die 16 May 2019 20:44 #50

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
Pre-existence...Rebirth....Much, much, more can be said about this fascinating subject. Should you want investigate it...

Yes mate we're all truthseekers here, so can you tell us if there's any difference between Pre-existence, Rebirth and Reincarnation. or are they all the same?

What Happens When You Die 17 May 2019 06:27 #51

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Pre-existence...Rebirth....Much, much, more can be said about this fascinating subject. Should you want investigate it...

Yes mate we're all truthseekers here, so can you tell us if there's any difference between Pre-existence, Rebirth and Reincarnation. or are they all the same?

The words are very similar. They are also interdependent. For example: You cannot believe in reincarnation w/o also believing, in rebirth, and past lives. You also cannot believe in pre-existance w/o believing in past lives or rebirth.

But, specifically, it was the word "pre-existence" for which Saint Origen was condemned,

"If anyone asserts the fabulous pre-existence of souls, and shall assert the monstrous restoration which follows from it: let him be anathema."

www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/npnf214.xii.ix.html

What Happens When You Die 17 May 2019 08:52 #52

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Thanks, this Reincarnation thread has run to over 50 posts and 3 pages and I've lost track, so has the soul always existed since time began and will exist forever?

What Happens When You Die 17 May 2019 21:05 #53

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
Thanks, this Reincarnation thread has run to over 50 posts and 3 pages and I've lost track, so has the soul always existed since time began and will exist forever?

Regarding the soul, I think Eastern philosopher, Chuang Tzu, nailed it when he said,....

"Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.”
Last Edit: 17 May 2019 21:06 by peacenik.

What Happens When You Die 17 May 2019 21:47 #54

• Flare
Nice to see you around a bit more lately Peacenik.
Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not to his own facts. - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

What Happens When You Die 18 May 2019 00:09 #55

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Flare wrote:
Nice to see you around a bit more lately Peacenik.

Thanks Flare, Great to see you to.

What Happens When You Die 18 May 2019 00:14 #56

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
Regarding the soul, I think Eastern philosopher, Chuang Tzu, nailed it when he said,....
"Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.”

Thanks, but how do we know if C. Tzu is right or wrong?
BTW, where does Reincarnation come into it?
I mean, how and when did our spirit/soul first get inserted into a human body and where was it floating around before then?
And how long will we keep getting reincarnated into new bodies every time the old one dies, forever?
Last Edit: 18 May 2019 00:16 by Ugh.

What Happens When You Die 18 May 2019 03:15 #57

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Did anyone else notice the bizarre choice of words used to condemn St. Origen?

"If anyone asserts the fabulous pre-existence of souls, and shall assert the monstrous restoration which follows from it: let him be anathema."

"Restoration", means to return to a former condition.

So, the accuser feared, St Origen would restore Pre-existance to it's former glory.

The accuser, by issuing this anathema, inadvertently admits to Pre-existance being part of the Early Christian church. Not only that but the accuser admits, to the widespread, well known, and popular, belief in Pre-existance in those days. That's what is meant by, " the fabulous Pre-existance".

The accuser also admits to the war within the church over the belief in Pre-existance.

Fascinating Stuff!

www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/npnf214.xii.ix.html
Last Edit: 18 May 2019 03:19 by peacenik.

What Happens When You Die 24 May 2019 21:57 #58

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Another point to be made in my belief that a person reincarnates after they die is, Almost every woman I've talked to, tell of a presence that tends to hang around them at some point during their pregnancy and tends to continue hanging around all during their pregnancy. This presents is, of course, the disembodied soul.

The snake represents the disembodied soul. The woman represents the vehicle by which the serpent obtains a new body by giving birth to a new human body.

The bond between the woman and the snake was strong. Where you find one, the other is not far away. Ann Barrington, in her book, "the myth of the mother goddess" points out, the bond was so strong between the woman and the serpent, that the serpent told the woman what name she was to name him.
Last Edit: 24 May 2019 22:15 by peacenik.

What Happens When You Die 24 May 2019 23:37 #59

• OpenMind
  • Fresh Member
Your evidence for reincarnation is all circumstantial. You have to literally infer reincarnation from things you don't understand.

What Happens When You Die 25 May 2019 00:28 #60

• peacenik
  • Immortal
OpenMind wrote:
Your evidence for reincarnation is all circumstantial.

All discussions of subjective reality are by nature, circumstantial
Last Edit: 25 May 2019 03:14 by peacenik.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare