Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Secret Teachings of Early Christianity

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 14 Jun 2019 23:19 #1

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Here is a small collection of quotations of secret teachings of early Christianity omitted from the Bible. This is secret knowledge that would have you burned at the stake if you were caught reading this in ancient times.

Most people would have never thought reincarnation was part of early Christianity, Yet here it is........

The following are some the secret teachings of Jesus from the Gnostic gospels that affirm reincarnation, revealing the secret knowledge:

"Watch and pray that you may not be born in the flesh, but that you may leave the bitter bondage of this life." (Book of Thomas the Contender)

"When you see your likeness, you are happy. But when you see your images that came into being before and that neither die nor become visible, how much you will bear!" (Gospel of Thomas)

In the Book of Thomas the Contender, Jesus tells the disciple Thomas that after death those who were once believers but have remained attached to things of "transitory beauty" will be consumed "in their concern about life" and will be "brought back to the visible realm".

In the Secret Book of John, reincarnation is placed at the heart of its discussion of the salvation of souls. The book was written by 185 AD at the latest. Here is the Secret Book of John's perspective on reincarnation:

All people have drunk the water of forgetfulness and exist in a state of ignorance. Some are able to overcome ignorance through the Spirit of life that descends upon them. These souls "will be saved and will become perfect," that is, escape the round of rebirth. John asks Jesus what will happen to those who do not attain salvation. They are hurled down "into forgetfulness" and thrown into "prison", the Gnostic code word for new body. The only way for these souls to escape, says Jesus, is to emerge from forgetfulness and acquire knowledge. A soul in this situation can do so by finding a teacher or savior who has the strength to lead her home. "This soul needs to follow another soul in whom the Spirit of life dwells, because she is saved through the Spirit. Then she will never be thrust into flesh again." (Secret Book of John)

Another Gnostic text, Pistis Sophia, outlines an elaborate system of reward and punishment that includes reincarnation. The text explains differences in fate as the effects of past-life actions. A "man who curses" is given a body that will be continually "troubled in heart". A "man who slanders" receives a body that will be "oppressed". A thief receives a "lame, crooked and blind body". A "proud" and "scornful" man receives "a lame and ugly body" that "everyone continually despises." Thus earth, as well as hell, becomes the place of punishment.

According to Pistis Sophia, some souls do experience hell as a shadowy place of torture where they go after death. But after passing through this hell, the souls return for further experiences on earth. Only a few extremely wicked souls are not allowed to reincarnate. These are cast into "outer darkness" until the time when they are destined to be "destroyed and dissolved".

Several Gnostic texts combine the ideas of reincarnation and union with God. The Apocalypse of Paul, a second-century text, describes the Merkabah-style ascent of the apostle Paul as well as the reincarnation of a soul who was not ready for such an ascent. It shows how both reincarnation and ascents fit into Gnostic theology. Click here for Apocalypse of Paul to read more.

As Paul passes through the fourth heaven, he sees a soul being punished for murder. This soul is being whipped by angels who have brought him "out of the land of the dead" (earth). The soul calls three witnesses, who charge him with murder. The soul then looks down "in sorrow" and is "cast down" into a body that has been prepared for it. The text goes on to describe Paul's further journey through the heavens, a practice run for divine union.

Pistis Sophia combines the ideas of reincarnation and divine union in a passage that begins with the question: What happens to "a man who has committed no sin, but done good persistently, but has not found the mysteries?" The Pistis Sophia tells us that the soul of the good man who has not found the mysteries will receive "a cup filled with thoughts and wisdom." This will allow the soul to remember its divine origin and so to pursue the "mysteries of the Light" until it finds them and is able to "inherit the Light forever." To "inherit the Light forever" is a Gnostic code for union with God.

For the Gnostic Christians, resurrection was also a spiritual event - simply the awakening of the soul. They believed that people who experience the resurrection can experience eternal life, or union with God, while on earth and then after death, escape rebirth. People who don't experience the resurrection and union with God on earth will reincarnate. Jesus states the following the Gnostic Gospels:

"People who say they will first die and then arise are mistaken. If they do not first receive resurrection while they are alive, once they have died they will receive nothing." (Gospel of Philip)

reluctant-messenger.com/Lost-Doctrines-Christianity003.htm
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 15 Jun 2019 03:10 by peacenik.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Orangeaid

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 14 Jun 2019 23:46 #2

The wisdom of my soul is out of this world

*Until now*

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 18 Jun 2019 05:27 #3

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
For the sake of discussion, let's assume that Reincarnation is true.
If it was true, what purpose does it serve?
And why would Christianity want to ignore it?
Last Edit: 18 Jun 2019 05:28 by Ugh.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 18 Jun 2019 15:46 #4

• Truthspoon
  • One foot in hyperspace and the other in some dogshit.
Ugh wrote:

I would suggest that Jesus' ministry was all about escaping this material realm and even more so, this particular benighted planet.

As far as Jesus would be concerned, reincarnation would repesent failure to live in the mansion of many rooms which God had prepared.

Though no doubt the church kept quiet about the option of reincarnation because the threat of hellfire and damnation are much better tools of terror and coercion than the mere option to 'try again'.

The Cathars understood reincarnation in much the same terms.

Perhaps one reason among several for which the evil church destroyed them.
Last Edit: 18 Jun 2019 15:51 by Truthspoon.
User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik, Lux Interior

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 18 Jun 2019 22:41 #5

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:

There is an on going conspiracy to to keep you from knowing who and what you really are.

You are an unwitting immortal being that is trapped in a physical body. Your immortality offends and threatens those who rule over you

All the power which religious aurhority has over you, is in keeping you ignorant of your spirituality, and dependent on the church.

So, "why would Christianity ignore it (reincarnation")? Because the very existance of organized religion depends on it. Let's say Christanity stopped ignoring it? The church would suddenly have to at once believe all the ramifications of reincarnation, such as, "pre-existance", "past lives", "transmigration", rebirth, and a host of other things. But, at the very core of all of it, religious authority would have to admit that Man is an immortal , being........and religious authority will NEVER willing admit to this.

It's a nasty house of cards ready to fall apart. The least little thing such as belief in reincarnation, could push it over the edge.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 19 Jun 2019 05:10 by peacenik.
User(s) who Liked this post: Connect Dots

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 19 Jun 2019 00:10 #6

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Here in just two small sentences is the most profound piece of wisdom I think I've ever came across.

"People who say they will first die and then arise are mistaken. If they do not first receive resurrection while they are alive, once they have died they will receive nothing." (Gospel of Philip)

Not only does it tell of the conditions for rebirth, it also captions the difference between orthodox Christianity and Gnostic Christianity. It also suggest there was a technology available in the past where one could achieve the Resurrection in this lifetime.

The Resurrection is probably the most important concept in the Christian religion? Orthodox Christianity tells us essentially that we must die to go to heaven and the Resurrection can only be achieved after body death. I've always had trouble with that concept. I doesn't awaken anything inside of me. It makes no sense. Why would you have to die to live?

The Gnostic version by Philip makes much more sense.
Last Edit: 19 Jun 2019 00:18 by peacenik.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 19 Jun 2019 06:09 #7

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
...All the power which religious aurhority has over you, is in keeping you ignorant of your spirituality, and dependent on the church.

But mate, I don't belong to any organised religion or cult, so it has zero power over me, I've been attacking it in forums for years...:)
Jesus reminded us that we don't need them to do our thinking for us- "You have ONE teacher, ME....."No one comes to the Father except through ME" (John 14:5/6,Matt 23:10)

peacenik wrote:
Orthodox Christianity tells us essentially that we must die to go to heaven and the Resurrection can only be achieved after body death. I've always had trouble with that concept. It doesn't awaken anything inside of me. It makes no sense. Why would you have to die to live?

There are plenty of "born again" Christians walking around on earth, so in a sense they've been "resurrected" while still alive on earth..:)
It simply means coming to the realisation that Jesus rocks and is the bees knees as people realised-
"There is no other name under heaven that can save us" (Acts 4:12)

Jesus once asked his mates if they'd ever desert him and they replied-
“Lord, to whom shall we go? YOU have the words of eternal life" (John 6:68)
Last Edit: 19 Jun 2019 06:17 by Ugh.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 19 Jun 2019 06:38 #8

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Truthspoon wrote:
..no doubt the church kept quiet about the option of reincarnation because the threat of hellfire and damnation are much better tools of terror and coercion than the mere option to 'try again'..

The "threat" of heaven and hell doesn't scare Christians at all mate, why should it?
We hang with Jesus because we LIKE HIS STYLE and want to be his mates, not because of any "threat"..:)

"You're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends"- (John 15:15)

I like the quick clean way off this bloody planet when our body dies-
"In the twinkling of an eye the dead shall be raised imperishable and we shall be changed" (1 Corinthian 15:52)

But if people prefer the idea of being trapped on earth like prisoners in a never-ending cycle of new reincarnated bodies, it's none of my business..;)
Jesus said- "God has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners...to release the oppressed" (Luke 4:18 )
Last Edit: 19 Jun 2019 06:39 by Ugh.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 19 Jun 2019 18:47 #9

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:
...All the power which religious aurhority has over you, is in keeping you ignorant of your spirituality, and dependent on the church.

Jesus reminded us that we don't need them to do our thinking for us- "You have ONE teacher, ME....."No one comes to the Father except through ME" (John 14:5/6,Matt 23:10)

"There is no other name under heaven that can save us" (Acts 4:12)

“Lord, to whom shall we go? YOU have the words of eternal life" (John 6:68)

But, does your "Jesus" acknowledge your immortality? If "yes" please give the biblical links for it.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 19 Jun 2019 19:11 #10

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
Truthspoon wrote:
..no doubt the church kept quiet about the option of reincarnation because the threat of hellfire and damnation are much better tools of terror and coercion than the mere option to 'try again'..

The "threat" of heaven and hell doesn't scare Christians at all mate, why should it?

Ask yourself this question truthfully, When you die, will you have left this place in better or worse shape than you found it? If you are unsure, if you cannot answer that question in the positive, you have no business claiming you're going to heaven.

"Jesus" is NOT responsible for your condition.....You are!

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 19 Jun 2019 19:19 #11

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
But, does your "Jesus" acknowledge your immortality? If "yes" please give the biblical links for it.

Yes the soul is immortal. At the moment our souls inhabit squishy fleshy bodies which can be regarded as "spacesuits" which our souls wear in order to get around on this planet, then when the body dies, the soul flies "to eternal life.” (Matt 25:46) as a spiritual being.
Jesus said- "When the dead rise, they will be like the angels in heaven" (Mark 12:25)
"So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable...it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.. flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Cor 15:42-50)

There's absolutely nothing in the Bible about reincarnation into new bodies, it's just an idea cooked up by ancient cults and it's very illogical, I mean the earth is going to be destroyed when the sun turns into a red giant millions of years from now, so I don't see how can souls get reincarnated into new bodies if the earth is not around any more.
Last Edit: 19 Jun 2019 19:20 by Ugh.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 19 Jun 2019 19:41 #12

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
Ask yourself this question truthfully, When you die, will you have left this place in better or worse shape than you found it? If you are unsure, if you cannot answer that question in the positive, you have no business claiming you're going to heaven.

Firstly, NOBODY knows if they've got a passport to heaven, not me or you or anybody else.
Even the ex-bounty hunter Paul was man enough to say the same thing about himself-
"My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me." (1 Cor 4:3)
One thing is certain however- Jesus-rejecters have got ZERO friggin chance of getting through the pearlies.

Secondly, we're not on earth to leave the planet in better shape than when we found it, we're here for one purpose only, namely to mindmeld with JC.
Jesus said - "The work God requires is to believe in the one he has sent" (John 6:28 )

The material earth counts for zilch in God's eyes-
"Don't love the world or the things in it, otherwise the love of God is not in you" (1 John 2:15-17)
"Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth" (Col 3:2)

That's why most Christians are well-balanced, good-natured and kool, because they've freed themselves from the mental shackles the Establishment likes to place on people..:)

Last Edit: 19 Jun 2019 19:44 by Ugh.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 19 Jun 2019 20:35 #13

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:

Yes the soul is immortal. At the moment our souls inhabit squishy fleshy bodies which can be regarded as "spacesuits" which our souls wear in order to get around on this planet, then when the body dies, the soul flies "to eternal life.” (Matt 25:46) as a spiritual being.
Jesus said- "When the dead rise, they will be like the angels in heaven" (Mark 12:25)
"So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable...it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.. flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Cor 15:42-50)

So, after you die, you go to heaven or hell???? How convenient for religious authority.

See, that's the problem. Your bible says you become immortal after you die. That's not acknowledging your immortality. That's just more lies and deception. If you're immortal, you've been immortal before time and space. That's what the word means, "everlasting". You don't suddenly become "immortal" after you die.

That's bullshit!

Now let that sink in,....... the most celebrated "holy" scripture in the western world, the one everyone turns to for guidance does not even acknowledge your immortality.
Last Edit: 19 Jun 2019 20:55 by peacenik.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 19 Jun 2019 20:40 #14

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
There wasn't such a thing as 'early Christianity' during the supposed time of Jesus, it was a concept named many years later, the sect is called 'messianic Judeans' (messianic Jews for short).

Those were the 'jews' that opposed the Romans the most, and refused to see Caesar on the same plain as 'God', it's why they were persecuted.

The writers of the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Nag Hammadi scripts and GOT (hidden) were just that, 'Jews' that were more fundamental than the mainstream ones. They had tenacity, It's why the Jesus myth was created by the Flavians, to quell them.
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Last Edit: 19 Jun 2019 20:53 by Frothy.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 19 Jun 2019 21:07 #15

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Frothy wrote:
There wasn't such a thing as 'early Christianity' during the supposed time of Jesus, it was a concept named many years later, the sect is called 'messianic Judeans' (messianic Jews for short).

Yes, I read something about that last night. It wasn't until after AD100 was it called, "Christianity". That raises some interesting questions. If Jesus was the reason for Christainty, Why did they wait so long to proclaim it?
Last Edit: 19 Jun 2019 21:15 by peacenik.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 19 Jun 2019 21:10 #16

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:

That's why most Christians are well-balanced, good-natured and kool, because they've freed themselves from the mental shackles the Establishment likes to place on people..:)

Yes, we only have to look to you as an example.
Last Edit: 19 Jun 2019 21:10 by peacenik.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 19 Jun 2019 21:24 #17

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
peacenik wrote:
Frothy wrote:

I read that to last night. It wasn't until after AD100 was it called, "Christianity". That raises some interesting questions. If Jesus was the reason for Christainty, Why did they wait so long to proclaim it?

I'm not sure if I have the date right but about 73 years later (ie 73 AD} Josephus Flavian (an honourary Flavian) made Jesus up retrospectively, to quell the Jewish uprisings then. A sort of pacifist turn the other cheek person, not a vicious fighter.

There's a good documentary about this however, it's seen as a sort of hypothesis rather than historical fact, but it is based on scientific method, the narrative of Jesus has many concepts from the battles of Titus Flavian against the Jewish resistance, which have been portrayed in the works of Josephus (Flavian). IE Titus Flavian's victories over the Jewish fighters have been reconsigned as a historical narrative of a pacifist Jew, the 'son of god' to stop any further uprisings.
Once a hyena always a hyena.
User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 20 Jun 2019 02:59 #18

• Truthspoon
  • One foot in hyperspace and the other in some dogshit.
peacenik wrote:
Frothy wrote:

Yes, I read something about that last night. It wasn't until after AD100 was it called, "Christianity". That raises some interesting questions. If Jesus was the reason for Christainty, Why did they wait so long to proclaim it?

It was called 'The Way.'

Christianity is probably a Roman name.
User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 20 Jun 2019 04:58 #19

• Gloria
  • Fresh Member
first of all - Jesus was Essäer - which was a sect or cult
second - St. Paul is named as the founder of Christianity

:)
"always laugh when you can, it is cheap medicine"

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 20 Jun 2019 05:00 #20

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Truthspoon wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Frothy wrote:

It was called 'The Way.'

Christianity is probably a Roman name.

Thanks, I did't know that.
User(s) who Liked this post: Truthspoon
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare