Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Secret Teachings of Early Christianity

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 21 Jun 2019 07:02 #81

• MrAnderson
  • Silver Member
Frothy wrote:

Tell me one thing that you've seen that's not in your mind, then tell me how you know you've seen it?

You wouldnt believe the things ive seen Frothy
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 21 Jun 2019 07:07 #82

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
MrAnderson wrote:
Frothy wrote:

Tell me one thing that you've seen that's not in your mind, then tell me how you know you've seen it?

You can't do it. not one single thing.
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Last Edit: 21 Jun 2019 07:09 by Frothy.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 21 Jun 2019 08:15 #83

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
Frothy wrote:
..us not understanding how something could have come to be doesn't mean 'god' did it..

Okay, let's see how Richard Dawkins explains the origin of the eye-

"It is not difficult for rudimentary lens-like objects to come into existence spontaneously.
Any old lump of halfway transparent jelly need only assume a curved shape" (Richard Dawkins: 'Climbing Mount Improbable', page146)

In other words, he's saying a lump of jelly just came into existence out of nowhere (snigger)..:)
What do you say Tiddles?

"Is he friggin nuts?"

Last Edit: 21 Jun 2019 08:20 by Ugh.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 21 Jun 2019 08:23 #84

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Frothy wrote:
This is the concise problem with religious people, they pretend to know something that they don't.

Educate yourself mate..:)

Last Edit: 21 Jun 2019 08:24 by Ugh.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 21 Jun 2019 08:34 #85

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Frothy wrote:
..if someone stands on your toe, you feel pain at your toe but your toe has no way of feeling pain, the pain is felt in your mind/brain...

We know mate..:)-
"All creation groans in pain from the beginning til now" (Romans 8:22)
How about it sergeant?-

"Take the pain! TAKE THE PAIN!"

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 21 Jun 2019 09:43 #86

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
Ugh wrote:
Frothy wrote:
..us not understanding how something could have come to be doesn't mean 'god' did it..

Okay, let's see how Richard Dawkins explains the origin of the eye-

"It is not difficult for rudimentary lens-like objects to come into existence spontaneously.
Any old lump of halfway transparent jelly need only assume a curved shape" (Richard Dawkins: 'Climbing Mount Improbable', page146)

In other words, he's saying a lump of jelly just came into existence out of nowhere (snigger)..:)
What do you say Tiddles?

"Is he friggin nuts?"

Context is an awful thing eh Ughy, Dawkins is talking about how a Jellyfish or part of one can be used as a lens, it requires to assume a curved shape (for no real reason) and it can become a lens.

So you have a lens when no lens was really needed, it's just one of those things, its possible to look through a Jellyfish and get an enlargement/better focus.
Last Edit: 21 Jun 2019 10:00 by Frothy.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 21 Jun 2019 10:04 #87

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
Ugh wrote:
Frothy wrote:
This is the concise problem with religious people, they pretend to know something that they don't.

Educate yourself mate..:)

Nah mate, I have educated myself, this is your library, a program sent by the establishment.

Last Edit: 21 Jun 2019 10:15 by Frothy.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 21 Jun 2019 10:13 #88

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
Ugh wrote:
Frothy wrote:
..if someone stands on your toe, you feel pain at your toe but your toe has no way of feeling pain, the pain is felt in your mind/brain...

We know mate..:)-
"All creation groans in pain from the beginning til now" (Romans 8:22)
How about it sergeant?-

"Take the pain! TAKE THE PAIN!"

The point Ughy when you feel pain, the location is the mind playing a trick on you, just like your other senses do, tprb holy narratives which they circulated have been placed there to stop you thinking....ie what your senses deliver to your brain is most probably inaccurate, your mind is simply responding to sensations and reflecting it's own sensation in your noggin, you then get tricked that the sensation conjured is external, just like how pain in the body is felt in the mind but is then relocated to the place of injury via deception.

So now that you know that your mind is deceiving you, why would you think your god is outside of that process, how can you cohere any information about the narrative or possible existence of god, if it's not in your mind?
Last Edit: 21 Jun 2019 10:17 by Frothy.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 21 Jun 2019 10:17 #89

• MrAnderson
  • Silver Member
Frothy wrote:
MrAnderson wrote:
Frothy wrote:

How can you understand if you dont believe

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 21 Jun 2019 10:21 #90

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
MrAnderson wrote:
Frothy wrote:
MrAnderson wrote:
Frothy wrote:

How can you understand if you dont believe

That's what I'm saying to you, every object that you ever did see is in your mind, you don't seem to believe me but you can;t give an example of any external object you ever did see.

The point is, if it's not in your mind you have no way of knowing that you saw it, it needs to enter the mind before it's seen, do you understand?

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 21 Jun 2019 10:29 #91

• MrAnderson
  • Silver Member
You cant assume your mind is the limits of all awareness

That means you are trapped in your own mind after all

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 21 Jun 2019 11:58 #92

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Frothy wrote:
..Dawkins is talking about how a Jellyfish or part of one can be used as a lens, it requires to assume a curved shape (for no real reason) and it can become a lens..

Stop making excuses for Dawkins, he was talking about eyes, not about jellyfish..:)
Anyway he knows bollox-all about eyes, he even suggested that God made a mistake by wiring up the eye wrongly, and was ripped apart by biologists with responses like this-

"...if the rods and cones were turned around to face the incoming light, as Dawkins requires, the pigment layer would have to be between the light and the light receptors, thus blocking vision altogether!
In short, it is just as well that God, not Professor Dawkins, designed the eye"
creation.com/seeing-back-to-front
Last Edit: 21 Jun 2019 11:58 by Ugh.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 21 Jun 2019 12:09 #93

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Frothy wrote:
..The point Ughy when you feel pain, the location is the mind playing a trick on you...how can you cohere any information about the narrative or possible existence of god, if it's not in your mind?

But mate, Jesus arrived on the scene and said he could do miracles because of the power of God flowing through him, and blew people's socks off-

MARY- "Sod it, the wine's run out and the guests are parched; hey JC can you pull some of that miracle shit and conjure up some more wine?"
Then when the guests started drinking they lurved the stuff and didn't for an instant think their minds were playing tricks on them..:)
Last Edit: 21 Jun 2019 12:10 by Ugh.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 21 Jun 2019 20:10 #94

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:
..Your bible says you become immortal after you die....

PS- when are you going to start answering our questions? For example I asked you more than once how can people reincarnate into human bodies after the earth is destroyed when the sun turns into a red giant?

I don't remember you ever asking me that question? But the answer is simple, No bodies =no incarnation. That's what the word, "incarnation" means, "to go into flesh". So, obviously no incarnation takes place w/o a body to inhabit.

As far as the rest of your post goes, about Jesus existing living forever, and your biblical quotes, still does not show me, the Bible acknowledges Man's immortality?

I still maintain, holy scripture does not acknowledge Man's immortal existance.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 21 Jun 2019 23:33 by peacenik.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 22 Jun 2019 08:49 #95

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
..No bodies =no incarnation. That's what the word, "incarnation" means, "to go into flesh". So, obviously no incarnation takes place w/o a body to inhabit.
...holy scripture does not acknowledge Man's immortal existance.

1- But if there are no new bodies to incarnate into, what happens to the "homeless" souls?

2- Jesus said often enough "whoever believes in me will never die", and to his mates- "you'll be with me in paradise" which sounds like immortality to me
..:)

PS- who invented the idea of reincarnation into new bodies anyway? After all there were lots of cults and sects around with their own ideas, so why should we believe in reincarnation and not the others?
Last Edit: 22 Jun 2019 08:51 by Ugh.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 22 Jun 2019 20:54 #96

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:
..No bodies =no incarnation. That's what the word, "incarnation" means, "to go into flesh". So, obviously no incarnation takes place w/o a body to inhabit.
...holy scripture does not acknowledge Man's immortal existance.

PS- who invented the idea of reincarnation into new bodies anyway? After all there were lots of cults and sects around with their own ideas, so why should we believe in reincarnation and not the others?

No one invented reincarnation. It's what a spiritual being does to know something, to become whole. What better way of knowing something than being that which you are seeking to know? A human, an animal, a blade of grass, it all works the same way, you incarnate into something to understand that which you are seeking to understand. We are all on a quest of understanding. That's what makes us whole.

You have incarnated into a human being named, "ugh". Are you to believe this one incarnation in, "ugh", completes you? Just this one incarnation is to make you whole?

Good luck with that!

Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 22 Jun 2019 21:36 by peacenik.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 23 Jun 2019 01:06 #97

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
No one invented reincarnation. It's what a spiritual being does to know something, to become whole.... We are all on a quest of understanding.
You have incarnated into a human being named, "ugh". Are you to believe this one incarnation in, "ugh", completes you? Just this one incarnation is to make you whole?

1- But somebody MUST have invented the idea of reincarnation, then other people said "Hey we like that idea", that's how cults begin..:)
Personally the idea doesn't appeal to me at all because my gut instinct tells me it makes no sense and there's no evidence for it anyway.

2- I already feel completely "whole" and fulfilled, because unlike you I'm not on a "quest of understanding".
My path to knowledge ended when I knocked on Jesus's door long ago and was let in for a nice cup of tea..:)
JC said- "Whoever comes to me I'll never turn away...knock and the door will be opened to you.." (John 6:37/Matt 7:7)

No offence mate but you must be almost as old as me, so you'd better make sure you reach the end of your path of understanding before time runs out or you might find yourself left out in the cold on a lonely road..;)

Last Edit: 23 Jun 2019 01:12 by Ugh.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 23 Jun 2019 21:59 #98

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:
No one invented reincarnation. It's what a spiritual being does to know something, to become whole.... We are all on a quest of understanding.

1- But somebody MUST have invented the idea of reincarnation, then other people said "Hey we like that idea", that's how cults begin..:)

You know, for someone who follows religious dogma as closely and fanatically as you do, it's ironic how you use the term, "cult" so generously when judging others.

I do enjoy answering your questions but sometimes find myself answering your questions more than once. Which makes me wonder if you really are reading my posts?
Last Edit: 23 Jun 2019 22:19 by peacenik.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 23 Jun 2019 23:34 #99

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
You know, for someone who follows religious dogma as closely and fanatically as you do, it's ironic how you use the term, "cult" so generously when judging others.
I do enjoy answering your questions but sometimes find myself answering your questions more than once. Which makes me wonder if you really are reading my posts?

Mate, if you answered my questions clearly and simply, I wouldn't have to keep asking..;)
Regarding cults, there are literally hundreds of them all around the world with their own unsupported beliefs, for example Jehovah's Witnesses believe some silly krap about 144,000 of them ruling over the rest of us poor slobs on a "new earth".
And Rapturists believe some nonsense about them all disappearing to heaven on judgement day, leaving the rest of us looking round wondering where the hell they went. I could go on and on poking fun at all the other nutty cults out there..:)
As for Reincarnation, it just doesn't make sense to me, so I brand it a cult unless somebody can convince me it's true.
Here's another question- what do Reincarnationists think of Jesus, do they like him or don't they?
Last Edit: 23 Jun 2019 23:39 by Ugh.

Secret Teachings of Early Christianity 24 Jun 2019 00:33 #100

• peacenik
  • Immortal
An Imperfect World.

Pretty much, everyone agrees, we live in an imperfect world. But who's to blame for the imperfect world?

It's become fashionable to blame Man. Religious authority likes to tell you that Man is imperfect because of the sins of Adam? Thus, Man is inherently imperfect, thus the world is imperfect.

But is this really true? Is that the way it really is?

Gnostic Christianity says 'no'. An imperfect world is due to an imperfect creator. An imperfect God created the imperfect world......and the imperfect God is the God of the Old Testament, the God of Israel

Fascinating stuff!
Last Edit: 24 Jun 2019 00:43 by peacenik.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare