Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

 
PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Jesus Christ NEVER EXISTED

Jesus Christ NEVER EXISTED 03 Aug 2019 17:03 #161

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
  • Posts: 16367
  • Likes received: 1713
Treebeard, you stated that there is absolutely no evidence that Josephus was fooled around with, I provided you a link to that evidence, you simply waved it away.

The only message I have for you is the following image which represents your thinking style on the matter.

Once a hyena always a hyena.
Last Edit: 03 Aug 2019 17:05 by Frothy.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Jesus Christ NEVER EXISTED 03 Aug 2019 17:15 #162

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
  • Posts: 16367
  • Likes received: 1713
Treebeard wrote:
Frothy wrote:
Treebeard wrote

By the way, there is absolutely no evidence Josephus was ever fooled around with

To the contrary there is lots of evidence that Josephus was fooled around with, You obviously haven't read the thread if you think otherwise,
it's even been accepted to be the case by christian scholars for hundreds of years, whom by the way, were actively searching for external evidence of Jesus, here's the evidence which you say doesn't exist www.truthbeknown.com/josephus.htm

It's a slam dunk done deal, Jesus in Josephus is dead in the water, and proof how the early christian authorities planted false records, and why? Because they knew the narrative was really horseshit.

If you knew much about history you'd know that events in the NT didn't really occur, for example Herod killing babies, A Roman census throughout the Empire that would warrant a trip to Bethlehem., the existence of a City called Nazareth in the 1st Century bc, etc etc etc etc Ad infinitum

Not only is there zero evidence whatsoever from the earliest Josephus documents that they were ever altered, but there is significant evidence for Nazareth and for the Census of Quirinius, and archaeologists have discovered the Pilate Stone, a Pilate coin, and even Pilate's RING.
Heck, just this week they discovered a first century Christian church in Galilee.

It's up to you to care about the truth enough to explore these subjects with credible sources.
You have a long way to go. Please respect yourself enough to admit this and learn.

Good Luck.

biblicalanthropology.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-priests-of-nazareth.html
www3.telus.net/trbrooks/firstcensus.htm
www.nytimes.com/2018/11/30/world/middleeast/pontius-pilate-ring.html
www.foxnews.com/science/church-of-the-apostles-discovered-archaeologists-say


There no evidence of a CITY of Nazareth in the first century, lol. The Census in Judea was not one ''throughout the Roman Empire'' and it took place according to Josephus at 6 AD, but Herod died 4 AD, so then the whole persecution of Jesus by Herod is total horseshit.

So was your Jesus puppet born before 4 AD when Herod was alive or during 6 AD the time of the census in Judea?

PS please provide first century documentation (not the NT) of the existence of Nazareth, as a CITY, the link you provided on the matter is just someone's blog with no typography of sources.
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Last Edit: 03 Aug 2019 19:34 by Frothy.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Jesus Christ NEVER EXISTED 03 Aug 2019 17:37 #163

  • Ugh
  • Ugh's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
  • Posts: 3272
  • Likes received: 375
Frothy wrote:
please provide first century documentation (not the NT) of the existence of Nazareth..

Here ya go mate, who do you think lived here, Mary Poppins?..:)-

Last Edit: 03 Aug 2019 17:43 by Ugh.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Jesus Christ NEVER EXISTED 03 Aug 2019 17:52 #164

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
  • Posts: 16367
  • Likes received: 1713
Are you aware that you're arguing against yourself Mary Poppins?

I didn't say there was never a tiny place called Nazareth in the first century but not a city. Even the article that you provided says ''50 impoverished Jewish families'' Hardly a place with a large Temple full of money makers and snooty priests.

You're getting there slowly Ugh, but very small steps indeed.
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Last Edit: 03 Aug 2019 17:55 by Frothy.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Jesus Christ NEVER EXISTED 03 Aug 2019 18:24 #165

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
  • Posts: 16367
  • Likes received: 1713
And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a CITY of Galilee, named Nazareth, To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin’s name was Mary.
(Luke1.26,27)

And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city. And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the CITY of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; because he was of the house and lineage of David:
(Luke 2.3,4)

But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judaea in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither: notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee: And he came and dwelt in a CITY called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.
(Matthew 2.22,23)

And when they had performed all things according to the law of the Lord, they returned into Galilee, to their own CITY Nazareth. And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.
(Luke 2.39,40)



Any non biblical references for this CITY in first century Galilee? :waiting:
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Jesus Christ NEVER EXISTED 03 Aug 2019 18:28 #166

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
  • Posts: 16367
  • Likes received: 1713
• Nazareth is not mentioned even once in the entire Old Testament. The Book of Joshua (19.10,16) – in what it claims is the process of settlement by the tribe of Zebulon in the area – records twelve towns and six villages and yet omits any 'Nazareth' from its list.

• The Talmud, although it names 63 Galilean towns, knows nothing of Nazareth, nor does early rabbinic literature.

St Paul knows nothing of 'Nazareth'. Rabbi Solly's epistles (real and fake) mention Jesus 221 times, Nazareth not at all.

No ancient historian or geographer mentions Nazareth. It is first noted at the beginning of the 4th century
www.jesusneverexisted.com/nazareth.html
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Jesus Christ NEVER EXISTED 03 Aug 2019 20:35 #167

  • Ugh
  • Ugh's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
  • Posts: 3272
  • Likes received: 375
Frothy wrote:
I didn't say there was never a tiny place called Nazareth in the first century but not a city..

Good mate, good, you admit Nazareth existed, so keep it up and you'll make Archbishop of Canterbury..:)
PS- in future you might like to look at more than one Bible translation (like these below), because the words "city" and "town" were interchangeable, so don't take every word literally, or we might think you're a fire-and-brimstone fundy preacherman
..:)



Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Jesus Christ NEVER EXISTED 03 Aug 2019 23:03 #168

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
  • Posts: 16367
  • Likes received: 1713
Well even if you select to hone in on the bible translations that refer to Nazareth as TOWN rather than a CITY, a small hamlet of 50 impoverished families (according to the information you brought to the thread) doesn't constitute a TOWN, CITY, or a PLACE WITH A TEMPLE AND SNOOTY PRIESTS etc etc etc.....

There is no mentions of a CITY or a TOWN of NAZARETH in Galilee anywhere outside of the NT prior to the 4th Century, not In the OT, not in any geographical source, not even in the Talmud where it mentions 63 towns in Galilee.

Please provide evidence of your Galilean TOWN called Nazareth outside of the NT in the first century......not the ''hamlet of 50 impoverished Jewish families'' but the TOWN with the temple etc etc....ta in advance.

Ugh
because the words "city" and "town" were interchangeable

You're coming on leaps and bounds now mate, we'll see a rational think in you someday maybe after all, but just one thing ''the words town and city'' are not interchangeable with a ''hamlet of 50 impoverished Jewish families'' so you've got a way to go yet bud.. :thumbup:
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Last Edit: 03 Aug 2019 23:23 by Frothy.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Jesus Christ NEVER EXISTED 03 Aug 2019 23:29 #169

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
  • Posts: 16367
  • Likes received: 1713
If JC had grown up and spent over 25 years of his life in a village with as few as 50 families – an inbred clan of less than 500 people – the 'multitude' that were supposedly shocked by his blasphemy and would have thrown him from a cliff, would not have been hostile strangers but, to a man, would have been relatives and friends that he had grown up with, including his own brothers. Presumably, they had heard his pious utterances for years

You really do need to learn to think clearly Ugh, instead of this holy man shit that keeps you muddled up.
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Last Edit: 03 Aug 2019 23:31 by Frothy.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Jesus Christ NEVER EXISTED 03 Aug 2019 23:51 #170

  • Ugh
  • Ugh's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
  • Posts: 3272
  • Likes received: 375
Frothy wrote:
Please provide evidence of your Galilean TOWN called Nazareth outside of the NT in the first century......not the ''hamlet of 50 impoverished Jewish families'' but the TOWN with the temple etc etc....ta in advance..

Firstly mate here's a pic of an old well in Nazareth that Jesus might have sailed his r/c boats in..:)-




Secondly, thinking outside the box; Nazareth may well have been a series of sprawling farms, an "area" rather than an actual town..:)

Thirdly, (still thinking outside the box), Nazareth may even have been a work camp set up by Herod Antipas to build himself his new fortified palace of Sepphoris (below), just down the road from Nazareth..:)



Fourth, Sepphoris and Nazareth were only 5 miles apart, so no doubt the carpenters/craftsmen Jesus and Joseph commuted there daily..:)



www.bibleplaces.com/sepphoris/
Last Edit: 03 Aug 2019 23:53 by Ugh.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Jesus Christ NEVER EXISTED 04 Aug 2019 00:08 #171

  • Ugh
  • Ugh's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
  • Posts: 3272
  • Likes received: 375
Frothy wrote:
If JC had grown up and spent over 25 years of his life in a village with as few as 50 families – an inbred clan of less than 500 people – the 'multitude' that were supposedly shocked by his blasphemy and would have thrown him from a cliff, would not have been hostile strangers but, to a man, would have been relatives and friends that he had grown up with, including his own brothers. Presumably, they had heard his pious utterances for years

Nah mate, it was only when he went into the synagogue and proclaimed "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me" that the congregation went ballistic and tried to chuck him over a cliff.
PS- there's no cliff in Nazareth, nor has there ever been, but Sepphoris was built on a cliff which ties in with what I said earlier about him and his dad working there.
Like I said, once we start thinking outside the box and doing some detective work, things begin falling into place..:)
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Jesus Christ NEVER EXISTED 04 Aug 2019 05:51 #172

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
  • Posts: 16367
  • Likes received: 1713
As I keep saying mate there is no mention of a Nazareth anywhere except the NT until after the 4th century AD.

Your hamlet isn't a city or even a town. The point is old bean a man living in a hamlet would not be brought from it to a cliff by strangers or be a stranger himself, he'd have lived with the small population all his life...so no Nazareth in the first century ever mentioned by anyone outside of the NT, and no strangers living in a hamlet.

On a side note, the ''sea of Galilee'' is a lake, it's about 50km in circumference so no Nazareth back then, no sea in Galilee either.

Just an old hamlet found in the present day city Of Nazareth, the hamlet may well have not been called Nazareth, that's purely an assumption with no historical (outside the NT) data to support it, there is no mention of a Nazareth in Galilee until the 4th century AD.

Did they find a synagogue in the hamlet? You know in that ''impoverished hamlet of 50 families'' if so send over the link, if not simmer down about it :D

When Jesus was introduced as ''Jesus of Nazareth'' the response would have been ''Jesus from where?''.........''Ah the City, nope hang on we mean the Town, nope, just a minute, we mean the village, oh no no no mean the tiny hamlet hidden away in the mountains''.

:bs:
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Last Edit: 04 Aug 2019 07:25 by Frothy.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Jesus Christ NEVER EXISTED 04 Aug 2019 06:56 #173

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
  • Posts: 16367
  • Likes received: 1713
Ugh wrote:
Frothy wrote:
Please provide evidence of your Galilean TOWN called Nazareth outside of the NT in the first century......not the ''hamlet of 50 impoverished Jewish families'' but the TOWN with the temple etc etc....ta in advance..

Firstly mate here's a pic of an old well in Nazareth that Jesus might have sailed his r/c boats in..:)-




Secondly, thinking outside the box; Nazareth may well have been a series of sprawling farms, an "area" rather than an actual town..:)

Thirdly, (still thinking outside the box), Nazareth may even have been a work camp set up by Herod Antipas to build himself his new fortified palace of Sepphoris (below), just down the road from Nazareth..:)



Fourth, Sepphoris and Nazareth were only 5 miles apart, so no doubt the carpenters/craftsmen Jesus and Joseph commuted there daily..:)



www.bibleplaces.com/sepphoris/

The lower map in your post is obviously more modern than from the 1st century AD, it even has KM on it, And how are you proposing that the well is ''linked directly to Jesus''?

Seems like you've dropped the hamlet now as you're posting the well is the 'only direct link to Jesus' in modern Nazareth?

PS are you sure that Ugh thinking outside the box isn't just a euphemism for Ugh making shit up because he's lost the debate?
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Last Edit: 04 Aug 2019 07:28 by Frothy.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Jesus Christ NEVER EXISTED 04 Aug 2019 12:41 #174

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
  • Posts: 16367
  • Likes received: 1713
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Last Edit: 04 Aug 2019 12:42 by Frothy.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Jesus Christ NEVER EXISTED 04 Aug 2019 12:52 #175

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
  • Posts: 16367
  • Likes received: 1713


'Mary's Well' A hole in the ground evidence for Holy Family (about as convincing as an empty tomb)

Note collection box for coins, lower right. :)
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Last Edit: 04 Aug 2019 12:54 by Frothy.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Jesus Christ NEVER EXISTED 04 Aug 2019 16:30 #176

  • Ugh
  • Ugh's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
  • Posts: 3272
  • Likes received: 375
Frothy wrote:
When Jesus was introduced as ''Jesus of Nazareth'' the response would have been ''Jesus from where?''....

Their response was something like "What, that dump?" because it held the Roman garrison for the northern area of Galilee, so the Jews largely despised the place-
“Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?” (John 1:46)
And remember, when the first gospels were written nobody -not a single person- ever said "Baloney, there was no such place as Nazareth".

PS- Interestingly Jesus and his mum and dad only went to live there in the first place because God had warned Joseph to settle there, possibly because Jesus would grow up safely there in peace because everybody steered clear of it and its Roman garrison.
..:)
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Jesus Christ NEVER EXISTED 04 Aug 2019 16:37 #177

  • Ugh
  • Ugh's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
  • Posts: 3272
  • Likes received: 375
Frothy wrote:
..how are you proposing that the well is ''linked directly to Jesus''?

Sorry mate I don't understand what you're trying to say.
The well in Nazareth is at least 2000 years old, so it's quite possible Jesus and his schoolpals used water from it for their water pistols and to make fizzy sherbert drinks.
..:)
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Jesus Christ NEVER EXISTED 04 Aug 2019 17:01 #178

  • Ugh
  • Ugh's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
  • Posts: 3272
  • Likes received: 375
Frothy wrote:
On a side note, the ''sea of Galilee'' is a lake, it's about 50km in circumference so no Nazareth back then, no sea in Galilee either.
Did they find a synagogue in the hamlet? You know in that ''impoverished hamlet of 50 families''

1- Hallelujah mate, you're learning not to think like a fundy..:)
Yes indeed, the words "sea" and "lake" were interchangeable, just like the words "city" and "town" were..:)

2- A "synagogue" wasn't necessarily a big impressive place with neon signs and stuff, it could have been just an ordinary building.
And as I pointed out earlier, the Nazareth farming area almost overlapped into big Sepphoris 5 miles away, so its very likely there was a bigger synagogue there, used by Jesus and other builders and craftsmen.

Luke ch 4- "He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and went into the synagogue..,and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:
“The Spirit of the Lord is on me" and said "today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”
All the people in the synagogue were furious when they heard this and took him to the brow of the hill on which the town was built, in order to throw him off the cliff".

See, there's no cliff in Nazareth, but there's one in Sepphoris, so by thinking outside the box and with a little detective work we realise that Nazareth was not a dot on the map but a sprawling area, so we can conclude that the synagogue in that passage was in Sepphoris and not Nazareth
..:)

Below: Jesus in action in that synagogue-
Last Edit: 04 Aug 2019 17:09 by Ugh.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Jesus Christ NEVER EXISTED 29 Aug 2019 08:25 #179

  • Lux Interior
  • Lux Interior's Avatar
  • Online
  • Silver Member
  • Do you know de way?
  • Posts: 2703
  • Likes received: 1017
You pair of boring cunts should just lock the door and stay here.
liberabo te ab inferno

875 020 079
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Jesus Christ NEVER EXISTED 29 Aug 2019 20:31 #180

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
  • Posts: 16367
  • Likes received: 1713
Lux Interior wrote:
You pair of boring cunts should just lock the door and stay here.

What's the latest in 'LuxZone' .....oche it'a a thread about me, you sad twat.
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Last Edit: 29 Aug 2019 20:32 by Frothy.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare
Powered by Kunena Forum

Annual Server Target

Whether its 50 cents or five dollars, your donations are appreciated and help keep this community site running so we can all continue to enjoy using it. Secure transactions via paypal.
This target is to meet our server cost for one year, June 2019 - May 2020, in USD.
$ 340 - Target
( £ 278 GBP )
donation thermometer
donation thermometer
$ 160 - Raised
( £ 130 GBP )
donation thermometer
47%
Updated
2nd October 2019

No one is obliged to donate, please only donate what you can afford. Even the smallest amount helps. Being an active member is a positive contribution. Thank You.